OtakuBoards

Drifting

XC SpydeR

Many people here can't drive, let alone know enough about cars to race them... anyway... I have my car,which I will not race because quite honestly I don't want to break anything on it. My friends however do race. One of them has an early 90s Chevy S-10 which he dropped a 350 into. (For those of you who don't know thats a V8 engine) He did the quater mile at 13 second flat as he best time last I heard, that was a month ago, maybe less. During that run he ended up melting his battery to some of the plastic walls in his engine compartment... it was rather funny to hear about it. He's modified the engine so it's a 355 now, running about 425 HPs. He topped his speed at 112 I think on the Quarter Mile.

My best friend is working on a 1990 Chevy Cavilier Z-24 which he plans to super charge the 3.1L V6 in there. He's got a bunch of ideas for the car which I don't know if he'll ever get to. I'll tell ya if he ever gets to them. He's got a majority of the engine taken apart. He's got the valves open. They were just done, so were the heads.

My other friend owns a BMW Z-4, the 3.2 version, not the 2.8 or whatever that other engine is they have. The car can book it, but it's heavy like my car, which I'm about to get into.

I own a Dodge Stealth R/T (Mitsubishi 3000GT is it's mechanical twin, Mitsubishi actually manufactures the Stealth for Dodge). I do not own the Twin Turbo version of the car, seeing as how that only comes in manual and the manuals for the 3000GTs are pretty crappy, plus the one I bought just got a brand new tranny on it :) The car, stock pulls out 222 HP. The Twin Turbo version pulls out 325 HP. I d not have alot of money to work on it, but I just bought a brand new air intake filter (K&N Cone filters) and plan to do Dual Exhaust within the next month. Eventually I will get some aftermarket turbo kit on the car, since it's almost set up for turbos, the only difference is the air intaking and the intercoolers, etc etc.. I will not put Nitros in it lol. I don't plan to bust the thing apart. The lowerpart of the engine just was redone, and new tranny as I said before. New spoiler was added not that long ago. I'll put a pic below if you want to see what it looks like. My car will be for driving only, no racing. I don't want to bust anything up. No melting parts or batteries like my friend did lol. My car will run great, look great (new paint job, decals, etc are planned), and sound great (Sony Xplod system WILL be installed by Christmas with 2 12" subs and brand new 6 1/2" speakers and all that good stuff.) I want my car to run fine, look fine and sound fine, I don't care how fast I can go on a Quarter mile, maybe if I wanted to try I could... but right now it's not in the plan. I can already whoop past all those Hondas with their loud, annoying lawnmower of an exhaust on the street now with ease. Although I know it's very possible to get the car up to 500 HP... I've seen it before lol.

Also, my dad owns a 93 Ford Mustang GT, 5.0 V8.... Now that has some nice umph to it. Very nice car.

My dad used to race alot, he hasn't had time to work on the motor and such lately though. Its sitting in our garage collecting dust.

Its a Super Stock or something I belive. It was actually quite famous before my dad bought it. When my brother was in Elementry school he found a book in the library with my dads car in it before my dad owned it. We know it was the same car because it mentioned the man's name.

I always hated the car truthefully. My dad would be working on it all the time when I was younger.

Eh, I won't do an street racing at all, at this pont. I may(after I sell my current car) do some racing on the drag strip, depending upon what I buy.

Right now I'm driving a '94 Ford Probe GT. I'm not sure how much HP it puts out, but it's got a 24 valve 2.5 six-cylinder under the hood. I've just gotten it recently, so no performance parts have been added.

But, as I said, if I do race, it'll be on the drag strip, and therefore, the quarter mile would be my choice.

-Justin

ah as you might be able to tell....ima drifter. i used to street race but it got boring. no fun at all. all those damn civics got on my nerves. so when i bought my 88 mazda rx-7 i got into the sideways driving. loved it since my first drift. im retartedly good but im workin on it. my 7's in the shop right now, but hopefully soon i can get it fixed. i rearended this lady..its a long story. she shouldnt have been doing what she was but i was basically in the wrong place at the wrong time.
parking lots were big by me but i love the actual road drifting. more speed allows for the onger drifts but i can get hairy if u screw up. luckily i havent...yet. my 7 was bone stock but when u can pull 134mph in 4th gear stock...u dont really NEED go fast parts although i am planning on droping a JDM turbo engine in it, dual A-pexi N1 exhaust and a Unorthodox main power pully to get more to the wheels. u want a nice drift site to check out... [url]www.Driftsession.com.[/url] they are tryin to pull a american D1 out here, a real honest-to-god sanctioned with pro D1 drivers. so far it is planned for next year....cant wait.

I'm thinking about selling the Probe pretty soon. Probably as soon as I get a job. I want to get a Mustang GT fox body, preferably post-1986. I just don't know how deadly the insurance would be.

I'd also like to buy an old G-body Monte Carlo SS to race on the strip. I'd probably take out the 305 and drop in a 350, though, if it did not already have a 350.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DFantasy [/i]
[B][COLOR=blue][I]...I prefer drift racing ....[/I][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

i just noticed this. drifting is really not racing but a art form. you are judged on how fast you hit the turns, what kind of drifts, the angle and things like that. there is no real racing. i dont know if you have been watching a bit too much Initial D or something...but that really doesnt happen. its a style of driving.

hey transistic nerve, that's a cool looking car! ^_^
i personally dont know much about cars at all...i know enough to know when the car needs gas and such >.- i get lost when people talk technical stuff, like what you guys get into ^_~

You know the deal. Racers from the underground come with their fancy racing and custom built cars. They race eachother late at night on the street to find out who is best, while trying not to get caught by the cops. It is like in Fast and the Furious. Does anyone here enjoy the sport? How about participate?

I think that the sport is just a chance to show off ones masculinity and how good they are with a wrench and a car. I think the thing they do it for is just to see if they can get away with it without getting busted.
I guess it's an ok sport (if you could call it that) since it doesn't bother me and I don't participate.

My cousin is a street racer. She can drive pretty good, considering that she wins most of her races that she participates in. I've been in a car while she raced, and let me tell you---it was fun! She's taking me "under her wing" and going to give me one of her cars next year, so I might race then...might.

Like I said, I really want a 5.0.

I figured if I scratch the GT, and go with an LX, I might get away with some extra change on my insurance price.

With that extra change, I figure I can get a tyte paint job, slap on some GT ground effects, put on some chrome Bullit rims, and get a Saleen spoiler.

-Justin