OtakuBoards

Halloween Costume

Eclectic

At my school, we have a contest every year on who has the best Halloween costume. Who ever wins, earns their class points, kind of like the house points of Hogwarts. Anyway, I want to go all out in my junior and senoir years. Any suggestions from anyone? Any at all?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Urban Vampire sounds cool and original. Dress in your normal clothes and stuff, but perferrably black and do the whole fans, contacts, blood from mouth, powdered face and hands and maybe powdered clothes. Make it a little convincing. I won a constme constest when i was like 5 and all i did was dress up as a mummy. I guess my mom did a real good job. :D

Well, if you've ever cosplayed at an anime con and had an elaborate design, I would go with that.

But.. How about, to keep this thread going, we list what OTHER people are gonna dress up as this Halloween, if they are, that is.

This year I'm just gonna buy myself my own candy so I don't get any of the junky stuff, like crusty, hard Smarties. I plan on just sitting around with my friends and watching Halloween specials..

This holiday isn't much of a big deal for me.

Well, at my ironically Catholic school, we're all idiots and dress up for Halloween. And DBD, this might me a bit shocking, but someone has been an urban vampyre every year since 'Interview with a Vampire' (the movie) came out, if I'm not mistaken. It's just not original anymore. I did have one slightly original idea of being an anime version of myself and wearing only my class colours, down to my hair, but no one seemed to understand except my closest friends. And one things for people to remember: while what DBD suggested might be good for a party, it's not as good for walking around and going to classes.

Ok, I know this is a little strange, but one costume that has always earned me positive attention is crossdressing. xD

Me being a girl, I usually tuck my hair back into a backwords baseball cap, and wear baggy, manly clothes. To add to the effect, I usually take the personality of a guy as well, and deepen my voice. Lots of people have not only told me it was creative, but certainly eye catching. You get lots of double takes. xD

This may be too strange for you, and if it is, the other poster's suggestings of having an elaborate con outfit would work well too.

This too has already been done, by three or four different people last year. And a couple of football players too. But I might go as a goth guy... hmm...
Unfortunately, I've never even gone to a con and don't have an outfit, but I might be able to think up one. I'll try that and get back tomorrow, or whenever I get on again.

Woody Allen. One of the all time funniest things to do at Halloween. Walk up to someone's door, knock, and just go all out in Woody. "I-I-I would really appreciate some candy! Your candy is just so delicious, I mean it's spectacular! If you give me some candy, well, I'm POSITIVE I can get you a part in my next movie! I'll try even harder to get you in if you happen to have an asian daughter to go out trick or treating with me!"

I'm also itching to dress up like Dr. Mull, one of my college professors. I can imitate his voice perfectly (Oh, dear God!<--JENN!!!!) and I'm damn sure I can imitate his body language and mannerisms. Mull, for all of you, is a 66 year old man who drinks like a 23 year old and smokes more than a chimney. He's a great guy and an awesome friend and mentor, but he is unbelievably awesome to pay homage to.

My advice?

Screw the typical characters...vampires...stuff like that. Go with paying homage to someone you know or a celebrity you can imitate well. You'll get one hell of a lot more laughs, candy, and attention.

[color=royalblue]Hmmummmm.... It's been difficult to come up with good ideas, my best thought yet was to make my own costumes. Including Galadriel's dresses and a X-wing pilot costume for my boyfriend. But that was last year. This year, I cracked and used commando cloth to transform one of my LOTR fanatical friends into a Nazgul. 40 meteres of cloth plus alot of sewing equal 1 very freakish personage. Completely original, as nobody else will be able to come close to doing something quite so elaborate. Of course, the metal gauntlets were something I wasn't quite able to manage.

This year though, I bought myself a Jester's hat, which makes me look like a cross between a sea anemone and a hedgehog. So i think I'll wear the sheer white bodysuit and be a sexy jester. As my friends are being Monty Python peoples.... And we're advertised as the "F-ed up knights of the Round Table."[/color]

I think dressing up as an anime character would be good. All of my friends say that we're gonna all dress up as an Inu-Yasha char. XD They claim that I'll be Kagome [hey, I'm not complaining].
Maybe pick your favorite character, anime or not; and dress up as him/her.
Or you could be a Spider Queen/King XD, Kayla, your so influential.

P.S. Valerie, I LOVE YOUR ICON AND BANNER!! muhahahaha!! sorry, I'm coming back to light now..........

[font=arial]I've never been exceptionally creative in my costumes, to be honest. I usually just go to a thrift shop and look around. Eventually I figure out some kind of theme, and go with that. One year I was an autumn/dryad/spririt/thingy. That was fun.

A couple years ago, one of my school's theme days for Homecoming week was [b]Dress Like a Teacher Day.[/b] It was hilarious. ^_^ I have to agree with Poisontongue, if there's a distinctive character at your school, go for the impersonation thing.

One of our theology teachers ("Pastor") is a self-proclaimed loud, obnxious, messy old man. He always has a briefcase and wears old tweed jackets, calls people "Dr. [insert last name], and has a stick he swings around during classtime. Weird teacher, but the perfect victim for impersonations.

Anyway, if there's someone you can dress up as so that people will recognize who you are, go for it.[/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Hmmummmm.... It's been difficult to come up with good ideas, my best thought yet was to make my own costumes. Including Galadriel's dresses and a X-wing pilot costume for my boyfriend. But that was last year. This year, I cracked and used commando cloth to transform one of my LOTR fanatical friends into a Nazgul. 40 meteres of cloth plus alot of sewing equal 1 very freakish personage. Completely original, as nobody else will be able to come close to doing something quite so elaborate. Of course, the metal gauntlets were something I wasn't quite able to manage.

This year though, I bought myself a Jester's hat, which makes me look like a cross between a sea anemone and a hedgehog. So i think I'll wear the sheer white bodysuit and be a sexy jester. As my friends are being Monty Python peoples.... And we're advertised as the "F-ed up knights of the Round Table."[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

The Knights Of The Round Table were ****ed up enough to begin with, both in Monty Python and British History/Lore. Why include the "F-ed"?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]With Raiha as a sexy white jester? I think it's warranted. :toothy:[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

But considering that The Knights Of The Round Table consisted only of male knights, no female adventurers (in both Holy Grail and Lore), the use of a sexy female jester is totally unfounded.

Granted, ONE of the minstrels with Sir Robin was female, but she was a musician, not a jester.

Be something absolutely stupid. My brother won a Halloween contest recently, and guess what we was. He was a table, a freaking table, and he won. I won't describe it, but, he was more or less a walking table. If you have to, spin around in your house with your eyes closed, pointing in front of you, and choose whatever mundane object fate selects. What you want to do is get recognized, and nothing gets more attention than stupidity.

[size=1]You could go as a fried egg. *tilts head* I don't know how you would go about doing that, but if you pulled it off, it would be very amusing.

Or what was that quote from the Casper movie...Wrap yourself in tinfoil and go as a leftover. *laughs*

And PoisonTongue: Wouldn't that make the title even more appropriate, then?[/size]

I'd love to be Frank. I see no real reason as to why I can't be Frank. I just have to figure out how to make the mask... and I know enough artists that that shouldn't be a major problem.

However, I don't know if it is plausible for you to be him or not. The mask will probably be a problem because I don't think any are actually manufactured.

[IMG]http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38374000/jpg/_38374941_darko_150a.jpg[/IMG]

[B][size=1]You could go as a fried egg. *tilts head* I don't know how you would go about doing that, but if you pulled it off, it would be very amusing.

Or what was that quote from the Casper movie...Wrap yourself in tinfoil and go as a leftover. *laughs*

And PoisonTongue: Wouldn't that make the title even more appropriate, then?[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

What angle are we viewing the Knights from? What perspective are we taking? What interpetive stance?

Feminist approach?

Royalist?

Marxist?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]What angle are we viewing the Knights from? What perspective are we taking? What interpetive stance?

Feminist approach?

Royalist?

Marxist? [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]*stares*

I'm just saying, Raiha as a sexy jester adds about twenty "F-ed up" points to any group.

Anyway.

Tony, 'scuse my blatant ignorance, but what the monkey is that? It looks like some sort of demon-spawn rabbit-spider. Meep.[/SIZE]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Sara[/i][b][SIZE=1]
Tony, 'scuse my blatant ignorance, but what the monkey is that? It looks like some sort of demon-spawn rabbit-spider. Meep.[/SIZE][/b][/quote]

He's a character from a movie called Donnie Darko. You should see it, I bet you'd like it quite a bit. I didn't know what to expect from it (in fact, I figured it was just a monster movie from the box), but it was $10 on DVD at Best Buy... so I got it.

Love it to death. Check it out.

Move theatre floor.

1 set of black clothes
Balled up candy wrappers
Straws and plastic cup lids
Popcorn (of both the popped and kernal vartiety)
Small pieces of candy

Superglue trash, popcorn, and candy to black clothing. Wear clothing.

PT should know this. ^_^ Our friend Paul did this one year at our HS.

[B][SIZE=1]*stares*

I'm just saying, Raiha as a sexy jester adds about twenty "F-ed up" points to any group.

Anyway.

Tony, 'scuse my blatant ignorance, but what the monkey is that? It looks like some sort of demon-spawn rabbit-spider. Meep.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Then...you must be viewing it from a Royalist approach.

Feminist and Marxist would revel in the idea of a female journeymate in the Knights. A female jester would not add any ****ed-up points, as it would be VERY beneficial to society. Of course, Feminists and Marxists do not appreciate subjugation to begin with, and therefore would consider the pre-femality of the Knights to be detestable, and therefore ****ed-up. The inclusion of female populace to the said Knights would not add to the ****ed-up nature of anything.

Now, you must be approaching this from a Royalist viewpoint. Royalists view the Crown and King's Army as pretty much infallible and would...essentially riot in the streets if the customary rules of the King's Army were to be broken.

However, as there was violence in the streets regardless of the condition of the Knights (490 CE...brutal conditions and wraught with violence), the Knights were in essence, always ****ed-up. Granted, they were viewed as chaste and protectors of the good of the order, but we could also view them as Royal Lapdogs with no devotion to themselves, only the Crown.

In that sense, they are still FUBAR, thus nothing Raiha does concerning this year's Halloween costume can change any of it. The ****ed-up quotient is swelled to begin with and cannot be added to.

EDIT: Heh, sorry bout that. I get carried away talking about British History and stuff. It's sort of an obsession of mine. It's just so damn cool. Some of the most interesting things in history. Nordic Invaders. Dark Ages. Black Death. Theatre. Religious conflict. Governmental dictatorial reign (some could say Queen dictatorial reign, but the Queen's power was limited, as it is today).