OtakuBoards

Hillary Clinton

Drix D'Zanth

Well , I'm sure we all can anticipate the rise of Hillary Clinton in the near future. Most likely, 2008, she will make her bid for Presidency. I'd like to give some juicy little tidbits of info about Hillary's career! :)

-When Bill was Governor of Arkansas she turned $1,000 into $100,000, or at least she claimed. According to the Journal of Economics and nStatistics, the odds of that are 250 million to 1! hehe odd...

-In the whitewater fiasco, her billing records dissapeared from the computer system of her employer, the Rose law firm. Then two years later they mysteriously turned up inside the white house living quarters with her fingerprints on them... 0_o

-She opposes vouchers for poor parents who may want to send their children to private schools, while she sent Chelsea to a private establishment... hmmm...

-45 minutes after the suicide of her friend White House counsel Vince Foster, she called her assistant Maggie williams, and sent her to Foster's office .. no reasoning to this has been explained...

-One of Hillary's strongest issues is Education. when Bill was Arkansas governor for eight years, she oversaw all the educational programs. Arkansas went from 49th to 49th in the national rankings. Mississippi was 50th.

-It's amazing what being a charismatic spokesman can do for you. You don't even have to do a damn thing for a state, even live there, and they'll elect you senator!

-During her First Lady position, she used millions of taxpayer's dollars to campaign in New York, including air force campaign stops, and logging these trips as "duties" as the First Lady...

I'll dig up more stuff on her later, but I'm not liking Hillary at all. She votes straight Democrat on every issue... I doubt she really takes any serious consideration of politics, instead taking advantage of the liberalist mentality and spurning their multitude of "causes." She's a wonderfull actress.. that Hillary.

You know what? Condaleeza Rice (sp, I know) should campaign the SAME time Hillary does. Condaleeza will not only take the Minority vote (admit it... you think the black population is going to pass up an opportunity to vote in a BLACK president? Hell no, that would be making history.). She is smarter than Hillary, she is far more politically savvy, she seems FAR more genuine than Hillary... did I mention she is SMARTER? I would trust a woman like Condaleeza in office. Vote Rice 2008 :toothy: .

Any thoughts? Opinions? Dirt?

Guest Crimson Spider
Hillary has no clue what she is doing. I mean, if any woman were going to run for presidant, I would take pratically anyone except her! No one likes her! She was booed at a... what's it called. The thing where you get together and honor those that had died. Well, it was the same year as 911, and she was booed.

That is a bad sign, ladies and gents and all those for some odd reason don't fit into the two catagories mentioned beforehand.

Hillary knows just as much, if not more, than our own president now, so I wouldn't be pushing any buttons there. I could dig up as much ***** on Bush or any other republican candidate as you can on Hillary.

You either like her or you don't... but she's a politician... and guess what? All politicians are the same.... they lie, they cheat, the steal, and most of all... they manipulate.....

If she got the democratic bid in 2004, this is an if so senario, and was runnign against Bush, I'd vote for her... only cause I can't stand Bush one bit and I think he's an absolute terrible president. However in the Democratic primaries, I intend to vote for Howard Dean.

I would have no problem voting for Condeliza Rice or Colon Powell, I'd rather he be president myself.... Or even John McCain... in fact I like Powell and McCain alot more than any other politician right now, and i'm a democrat... lol But I don't think either of them have any more aspirations to become president, which sucks.... So I like Howard Dean right now the best... anything but Bush, thats how I like it lol.

I am aware (or not, that being my point o.0) of my lack of knowledge of American politics, me living in Australia and all, but Bush seems to be a not very good President. He attacked Irag, against the UN, and for reasons un-known.

Well, there are the reasons he gave, the reasons conspiracy people gave, and whatever the real reasons were. But anyway, he just doesn't seem like a good, responsible President.

All politicians will lie to the public. Most abuse their privileges being in the top-seats of society. Imagine taking a little secret or embarassing thing of yours. Now, imagine that any reporters would do anything to get their hands on it. Now, imagine the whole world would find out your secrets if you didn't hide them, or deny them.

I would lie, cheat and steal, for my reputation and life, if I was in the kind of circumstances they are.

Plus, people are just greedy.

1/250,000,000 odds are pretty long. She may have done it, and she may have not. Who cares?

Maybe the kids in Arkansas are too dumb. No offense. But people like it when they have educational policies. It is immoral not to act on them, but if it gets you into power.....

Check the secrets bit above.

Vouchers: They are poor, who cares about them... or something. I don't get that issue...
[NOTE: I ain't rich, or even half-heeled, but Yeh...]

Basically, people will do anything with power. Take any bad stuff you do, and magnify it by 10, or 100 for the added power and capabilities of these people. Doesn't seem so extreme now does it?

I'm not saying it is good or fair, but most politicians do it, what is so bad about Hillary?

Why pick on her? As TN said, you could dig up dirt on almost every single politician in the world. Does it really matter? As long as you have good policies, regardless if you act on them in power, then people will like you. Also, have a good personality. People want someone they can relate to, someone who seems like they actually give a damn about others.

Nobody really knows if they do, but if they look that way, they are in. Bureaucracy
has gone mad, but that is life, even if it does suck.

Sure Hillary may have no idea, but a lot of others probably don't either.

[color=indigo]What ever happened to political families drifting off into relative obscurity after their stint at presidency? Sure there are tidbits of news about Reagan writing a book, about Bush Sr. buying an oilfield, or about Ford erecting an African monastery with his bear hands (Ford is such a beast), but the Clinton fiasco is filled with more drama then the cast of MTV?s real world hyped up on peyote. I lovingly refer to it as the ?Clinton fiasco? because that is what the right wing press has dubbed it, however, I find it ironic how the both the right wing and left wing media have been pimping out the Clinton?s like the cheap media sluts they are.

Was Clinton always like this? Has he always been a political joke prostituting himself to the likes of Barbra Walters and Oprah Winfrey? Well, for lack of a better answer, yes and no. All politicians seem to crave the limelight these days, they have to because their lives are scrutinized constantly by the ever probing eyes of video cameras and the all hearing ears of boom microphones. Clinton had the capacity to be an extraordinary leader, he had an incredible gift of communication and speech that made him likeable to all but the most steadfast conservatives, and he surrounded himself with incredibly smart and capable people. If whitewater hadn?t reared its ugly head before being swallowed by Monica Lewinski, our country (well, our country [b]if[/b] you reside in the US) might be better off. Unfortunately, his constant struggle with legal battles made it a bit difficult for him to accomplish any real good. I guess that is what happens when the public expects our political leaders to portray a mediocre amount of moral fortitude, or at least have the common decency to be a wee bit more private about receiving oral in the oval office.

Although I believe that Bill Clinton?s moral compass is a wee bit off, I do think that be is basically a good guy with an overactive sex drive. On the other hand I think that Hillary Clinton is the antichrist. Hillary is a smart woman; every bit Bill?s equal if not better. Despite her intelligence, she won her political post on a platform that was vaguer than Arnie?s ?googanatorial? candidacy. The aspect of Hillary that bothers me more than any other is the fact that she will suffer any indignity to realize her political goals. She remains married to Bill despite his numerous amorous pursuits elsewhere. She has had numerous ?shady? business dealings (which really don?t bother me, because every business person tends to have ?shady? business dealings these days) including various questionable campaign funding scams. The thing that disturbs me the most is that she treats all these accusations like they are entirely unfounded, scandalous conspiracies that were created by conservatives, all the while attempting to remain a matriarchal figure. There are hundreds of women that are talented, brilliant, and engaging enough to become the first female president?Hillary Clinton is not one of them.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]
On the other hand I think that Hillary Clinton is the antichrist. Hillary is a smart woman; every bit Bill?s equal if not better. Despite her intelligence, she won her political post on a platform that was vaguer than Arnie?s ?googanatorial? candidacy. The aspect of Hillary that bothers me more than any other is the fact that she will suffer any indignity to realize her political goals. She remains married to Bill despite his numerous amorous pursuits elsewhere. She has had numerous ?shady? business dealings (which really don?t bother me, because every business person tends to have ?shady? business dealings these days) including various questionable campaign funding scams. The thing that disturbs me the most is that she treats all these accusations like they are entirely unfounded, scandalous conspiracies that were created by conservatives, all the while attempting to remain a matriarchal figure. There are hundreds of women that are talented, brilliant, and engaging enough to become the first female president?Hillary Clinton is not one of them.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

oiy, i agree with heaven's cloud. hillary clinton stayed with bill only for political reasons....i think she stayed married to seem like a martyre, in a way. he makes a major mistake, the mistake is blown to the public, and when its all said and done, she "stayed by her man" so she must be good, if she stayed loyal to him all that time .....
but, i think in the end, it was all for publicity -.-

[color=#707875]Hillary seems to be an incredibly savvy woman in so many ways. I think it's probably quite true that she was responsible for a lot of her husband's policies when he was President.

In any case, I say, best of luck to her. I don't know her personally, nor have I investigated her finances myself. In politics, a lot of mud gets thrown around -- and even though I'm sure she's done a lot of questionable things, I myself am really not in a position to say much about it.

They say she will probably run for President in 2008, assuming that Bush remains for a second term. And unless things take a big tumble in Iraq, I think he probably will remain for a second term. None of the current Democrat contenders are capable of beating him in a general election, in my opinion.

So you never know. Maybe we will see another President Clinton in the future. ~_^

Personally, I would love to see Colin Powell as President. Him or Condoleeza Rice. They're both conservative in various ways, but they're not [i]too[/i] conservative. Powell especially seems to be a bit less to the right than Bush, but still conservative.

So, yeah. That has little to do with Hillary I guess. If it were Hillary versus Condoleeza, I'd choose Condoleeza without any doubt.[/color]

OMG, Im lovin it...!!!!

I think I have found a member to keep my eyes on.

Drix D' Zanth,

Job well done.

Except for the whole thing about who's smarter, all of your statments are factual and well presented. (as for who's smarter, I find it easier to just leave that out... then it's only facts and nothing more. *although what you say about intelligence may also be fact.)

Its sad to see, but true.

I just wish more people would be willing to acknowledge these truths.

Bottom line: Its about time someone brought this stuff up.

(oh yeah, forgot to mention... the 1,000 to 100,000... someone else pulled a stunt like that... terry mccullah (sp?) head of the dnc, turned a similar profit. Only his dealings were in the late 90's with a company called world com. )

(and why in the hell does the name george bush keep coming up in a thread about the history/resume of hill clinton?)

My only problem with her is that I have to see her face and soulless eyes stare at me everytime I go to the damn bookstore. I wish they'd move her book somewhere else already.

She kind of reminds me of Mom from Mom's Friendly Robot Company.

[IMG]http://www.fox.com/futurama/bios/images/mom.jpg[/IMG]

Anyway, I obviously have nothing of political value to add to this thread.

Honestly, I don't much trust all the trash people dig up on politicians. You never know if it's true, and even if it is, what the situation was when it happened.

Personally, Hill creeps me out, in a literal sense. I don't like her policies, and I think she's sly(even among politicians).

I'd much rather see Powell as President.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kent [/i]
[B]

(and why in the hell does the name george bush keep coming up in a thread about the history/resume of hill clinton?) [/B][/QUOTE]

I was comparing and contrasting...

Anyway, if you people put up as much good information about a person as you did the bad, you may have a different view... you only have said negative things in this thread... how can ANYONE look at this in a possitive way if you only submit the negative qualities? lol. I fail to see your points anyway, you're all just as bad as any other politician out there. Negative negative negative.... Why don't you run your own campain against her if you can do it better.

I don't presume to be a political buff; I've just recently gotten interested in polotics, so I don't know much about Hillary. However, I do agree with Transit when he said you could easily dig up more bad evidence on Bush. It just seems to stand that some people like her, some detest her; I'm fairly indifferent. To go slightly off-topic, I would like to say I'm surprised at the number of people supporting Powell or Rice. While that's all fair and good, and I'm sure they're fine politicians, they will [U]never[/U] be elected. As much as our country strives for equality, Powell, a black man, will never be elected, much less Rice, a black-woman. Don't misconstrue what I'm saying; I'm all for a diverse government, if it's capable; I'm just saying that while we may wish it, there will always be an ignorant bigot who pulls the strings in the background, rigs the election, or what have you. A non-white, non-male will never be elected, at least not now or the near future.

Does this make me sound racist/sexist? Sure hope not.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]You might be surprised. Mr. Powell is very popular in the polls. He overtakes President Bush in some polls (in Republican areas, too).[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

The same could have been said for Gore. Funny how that turned out, isn't it?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Original [/i]
[B]The same could have been said for Gore. Funny how that turned out, isn't it? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Not really; Al Gore isn't a Republican.

I'm comparing a Republican to a Republican. Colin Powell would be quite electable were he to run, because a) he's a Republican and b) he's not as conservative or hawkish as President Bush. Powell is surprisingly well-liked by a lot of Democrats, despite being a Republican.

So he cannot be compared to Al Gore.[/color]

[color=green]Drix- good thread!!! Hilary is EVIL. I think that TN made a point in we are all corrupt, but she carries this privilege a little too far... While I am a democrat, I could not bring myself to vote for hilary. I think that the MOM analogy by Semjaza Azazel
is right on, she make my skin crawl. I think the John McCain is my favorite politician!!! Read up on him and his platforms if you don't know him, or Alan Keyes!!! Hooray for McCain and Keyes!

As for Bush Jr... I voted for him, so I can complain about him...Baron Samedi had it right in the thought that he is just not responsible. I think that the Iraq war was a justified war and you will never hear me (read me) say that Sadaam didn't need to be taken out of power, but Bush rationalized himself into a bad situation with the rest of the world...[/color]

[B][color=#707875]Not really; Al Gore isn't a Republican.

I'm comparing a Republican to a Republican. Colin Powell would be quite electable were he to run, because a) he's a Republican and b) he's not as conservative or hawkish as President Bush. Powell is surprisingly well-liked by a lot of Democrats, despite being a Republican.

So he cannot be compared to Al Gore.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry if I didn't more properly define what I meant; I was trying to say that while Gore was more popular in many parts of the country, Bush (at least in my opinion) altered the polls a lil' bit. I was simply trying to point out that when someone with power wants something, they can get it. Ah well, since I don't have any specific Hillary-information, I'm going to leave this topic alone. I do applaude for Drix for his interesting topic, and the replyers for coherent, meaningful posts (even if I happen to disagree with some of their opinions.). Sorry if I came off as a bit ignorant to anyone. Enjoy the rest of the discussion.

Hillary simply isn't the kind of person I'd trust, even w/o Drix's dirt on her. The values and ideals she stands for do not in any way coincide with my own. Like others have said, I believe she's dangerous in her intelligence, and it scares me when people idolize her. I suppose most of my distaste of her (and her husband) come from my being a pro-life Catholic (Yeah, a REAL Catholic!). What's surprised me is the number of Democrats who are distrustful of her as well. There's just something not right about her....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I was comparing and contrasting...

Anyway, if you people put up as much good information about a person as you did the bad, you may have a different view... you only have said negative things in this thread... how can ANYONE look at this in a possitive way if you only submit the negative qualities? lol. I fail to see your points anyway, you're all just as bad as any other politician out there. Negative negative negative.... Why don't you run your own campain against her if you can do it better. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oooh arent we hostile :smirk: . I never knew hypocracy could be hypocritical, Chris, my boy.

You bring up a good point. I think I'll take you up on your offer. Drix for president 2020! I think I'll start campaigning now!

Vote Drix! He's your MAN! My campaign proposals are as follows:

-Everyone on otakuboards will get free drinks whenever they enter a federal establishment. That's right, free.

-Everyone will get a complimentary holographic button with a picture of myself and Jesus with the line: "If you like Jesus, vote for Drix. You don't want to be against Jesus, do you?"

-Some of the members of Otakuboards that catch my fancy will be granted automatic office positions.

-Jenna, or Babygirl, will be my intern :toothy:

-otakuboards will be officially funded by the federal government.

-We shall take away funding from usless programs like immigration control, or the judicial system, and hand that money to a federally based Ice Cream Truck National project (C, 2020). This will give every neighborhood in America at least ONE fully-stocked ice cream truck every weekend.

-We shall now support "siesta". Job hours will no longer run from 9-5, but 10-3, siesta until 6, then 6-10. Party is afterwords! Don't forget the tequila.

-Everyone will be given 3 million dollars for no reason. (However, due to inflation rates by that time, it will be roughly equivalent to about $1.50).

-It will be illegal to be an *******. To be an ******* will get you a giant branded "A" on your chest.. for the rest of your life.

-The Bald Eagle will be replaced with the Bald Killer Whale. Why? Because a Killer Whale could kick the **** out of an eagle, any day.

-The government will develop Knowledge Chips (TM) to replace school.. allowing someone to gain an entire year's worth of knowledge in a single day, eliminating the need for school.

There you have it folks. Pass out the pins, raise the flyers. Because in 2020, hillary's floating head-in-a-jar re-election campaign will fall to the might of [B]Drix[/B]!!

[color=#707875]Good stuff, Drixxy. You have my vote (even though I'm not an American...but hey, with your new immigration "controls", that won't be a problem ~_^).

Actually, I'll vote for you if you let me be the Governor of California. Yes, yes...I know you don't have that power yet. But you will by 2020, I'm sure.

When that happens, I'll have someone make bullbar out of Arianna Huffington, which I can attach to my enormous new Hummer (with the OB logo on the side, of course).

Ahem. ^_^;;[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by The Original:[/i][b]
I'm sorry if I didn't more properly define what I meant; I was trying to say that while Gore was more popular in many parts of the country, Bush (at least in my opinion) altered the polls a lil' bit.[/b][/quote]

[color=#707875]I don't think that Bush edited any polls...people always say that about politicians. But I don't really fall into those conspiracy theory type things.

Besides, a lot of polls at the time would probably have been taken by organizations that would be considered "liberal". If anything, most people would tell you that they had an anti-Bush slant. But I don't know. I think most of it is made up by people who have an axe to grind.

In any case...I think Mr. Powell would definitely make a good President. He'd be conservative AND palatable for Europeans. lol

As for Hillary...I don't have much else to say about her really. I tend not to get into all the backstabbing stuff, because I find most of it useless. And I don't really care. If I were voting in Hillary's electorate, I'd be more interested in her specific policies and ideas. Even with all the political coverage I read/watch...I rarely hear what Hillary has to say about specific things.[/color]

[color=green]That may be because while lots of words tumble out of Hillary's mouth, it often happens that she never SAYS anything. She, along with Mr. Bill, are some of the greatest double talkers and backtrackers American Politics has ever seen.

Vote Drix
Hooray for Ice cream trucks!!!;) [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Drix D'Zanth [/i]
[B]-Everyone will get a complimentary holographic button with a picture of myself and Jesus with the line: "If you like Jesus, vote for Drix. You don't want to be against Jesus, do you?"
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]I'd vote for you just because I find that idea absolutly hilarious...I guess that I am just another fickle American voter...[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by James[/i]
[b]In any case...I think Mr. Powell would definitely make a good President. He'd be conservative AND palatable for Europeans.[/b]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]Because the first things that Americans think about is "I wonder if Europeans will approve of our new leader?"...joking aside, I also think that Colin Powell would make a great president, mainly because he doesn't seem to eager to want the job. I think that it is admirable when someone works for the political machine becuase he knows he is the right man for the job not because he desires the job...[/color]

[color=#707875]I agree with you on that point. Colin Powell doesn't seem to be a greedy/dirty political type. I mean, you know...he doesn't have that history really.

In terms of the European thing...well, I'm sure most Americans don't think all that much about foreign policy. But nevertheless, the Government has to. So obviously, in terms of having your cake and eating it to...Powell is probably a good candidate there. [/color]

[B][color=#707875]In terms of the European thing...well, I'm sure most Americans don't think all that much about foreign policy. But nevertheless, the Government has to. So obviously, in terms of having your cake and eating it to...Powell is probably a good candidate there. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Nah, I was really just joking around, snubbing your comment with the stereotypical American reply. Whenever you talk about American leaders, your position always seems to be based (or at least revolves) around foreign policy?which I expect, considering that you live in Australia :p. I would hope that most American?s care about how other countries view our leaders, because so many aspects of daily life correlate to global issues (maybe not the best wording there, but hopefully you get my drift). [/color]

[color=#707875]Yeah, I know you were joking. Hehe

Anyway, yes...we live in more of a global village these days. A policy that is "local" can also have global or regional consequences.

I tend to talk about Bush in foreign policy terms because I guess that's what most people associate him with -- his foreign policy. Maybe that's just the most recognizable aspect of him, as a President.

But I also think it's true that most Americans probably don't really consider foreign policy much when they vote. That's fair enough though; I think [i]most[/i] people in the world are far more concerned about what their national leader is doing locally, rather than internationally. [/color]