OtakuBoards

Tokyo Babylon

Guest dbmaster2k

Guest dbmaster2k
[COLOR=blue]I saw Tokyo Babylon once, but I thought it was great. It has a great plot. I forget the names of the people but its about a detective trying to solve a case about a series of subway murders that happen to women in alone subway cars. Now this detective teams up with a psychic, which if she touches stuff she can see how the people were murdered. Now a bunch happens, and they eventually catch the killer and well...kill him, but I just though it was a great movie. Has anyone else seen in before?[/COLOR]

Yes! I love it! This is a very good anime. Suburu is so cute! I also like the end theme song...

"singing" I wanna believe in your eyes/so please don't say love is blind/I wanna be reading your mind/in secret communication...

Do you like toffee and lemonade?/it used to taste so good handmade/where are the smiles of yesterday?/the childhood conversations?

The anime or the manga?

I rented the anime DVD a while ago, but I couldn't even finish it. I should rent it again I guess..... It was getting sort of boring, and CLAMP's art in it looked a little old compared to some of the newer stuff.... I dunno, it was just a little too slow at first to me.

I hated Subaru's sideburn-style hair. :cross: Ick. He looks better in X when he's a little older and has nicer hair.... lol.

[color=crimson][size=1]I liked Tokyo Babylon alot. I have it on tape somewhere. I should seriously break it out and watch it. I liked it because for one thing it was CLAMP and for another thing it was just really interesting. Especially the one where the woman could see things in the past. It was so sad and I felt sorry for her.[/color][/size]

As a stand alone series it was okay. It's kinda short so I couldn't remember all the details clearly. I do remember that sucky outfit Subaru wore on the first episode. Ehhh...???

I thought it was better when you consider it as a prequel to X TV and not as a separate series.

• 1 year later...
I've only seen one fragment. When a man kills the girl in the train, the guy shoots fire birds at him, and when he gets in the back car, the man is gone. :eek: and then the dude with the past reading powers come, and I couldn't watch anymore. What exactly is tokyo babylon? :eek:

Well all I know about the series is that it was made by CLAMP, and is a linked together with the whole X series.

Two of the characters from Tokyo Babylon appear in the X series, one as a Dragon of Earth and the other as a Dragon of Heaven.

If you don't know, X is a popular series from CLAMP that deals with [spoiler]two teams of super powered humans, battleling for the fate of the earth. The Dragons of the Earth wish to destroy all mankind, in order to bring peace to the earth, while the Dragons of Heaven are there to oppose them. [/spoiler]

Its sorta complicated.

But, like X, its a paranormal/psychological thriller, full of interesting characters, with different powers.

That's pretty much all I can tell ya about it. :therock:

[color=hotpink][size=1]I love Tokyo Babylon. I have it on tape somewhere in a box and I haven't watched it in a long time, but I remember when I did watch it, I was very much intrigued.

I am just a big fan of CLAMP's work and most of the series they put out are stunning visually and plotwise. And there are quite a few nifty connections here and there.[/color][/size]

The 7 volume manga Tokyo Babylon was made between 1990-1993 by Clamp. The 2 stories on the OVA are not part of the manga. The 2 main characters, Subaru and Seishirou appear in X.

The train murder is the second eps. of the OVA. It is about a serial killer murdering people on the train. Subaru happens to witness the killing and he tries to find the killer.

I watched Tokyo Babylon on the Action Channel, which is great to see anime movies and OAVs including Akira and Blood Reign. I liked it, though i thought that one guy with the hat was kinda strange. That killer was a complete psyhco and the phsycic girls visions were pretty haunting. Namely when she found the teddy bear. *shudders* The final scene was really nerve racking cuz in anime, the good guy doesn't always live.