OtakuBoards

Pain

Burori

[FONT=times new roman]I just experianced true love but I might have messed my life up forever. You see there is this girl who I met here that I love with all my heart and soul but a few days ago she was getting hurt of never being able to see me in person cause she lives down far in the U.S. and I live in boring old Canada. I made the mistake of letting her go and I'm thinking I should change my mind and try and get her back. What should I do? I'm a mna in need of serious help (for once)[/FONT]

[color=hotpink][size=1]And this is why I think the internet is going to be the downfall of human civilization.

Okay, so she lives in the US, you live in Canada, and how old are the both of you? I can promise you, you will forgive and forget, move on, and find someone who lives near you and is much better for you. Sure, it may hurt because there were strong feelings involved, but you can't let yourself be sucked down to the same person who you can never have.

I've been in the situation before and it got pretty ugly. I had to just get over that person and find someone who can be with me and can talk to me whenever I want them to.

And I've seen so many people hurt before because of situations like this. It makes my heart break....[/color][/size]

Well the thing is: I'm 17 and she's 16 turning 17. I have been regected by women as long as I can remember and she's one other the two women that accepted me for who I am. I am a lonely teen who wants to find love. (not that type of love) More like acceptance in another person's life. The first girlfriend I had took advantage of me by making me wait for years to go a little further in a relationship. For example: We only hugged and kissed but nothing else and I (being a gentleman) never complained untill a year had past and then when she said it was fine she broke up with me. Others before her always said things like: Yah right like me with you?, No way, Eww, and the most painful one Nice try!

*sigh* maybe I'm not meant for love. *maybe I should just give up. :bawl:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssjBrolli [/i]
[B]Well the thing is: I'm 17 and she's 16 turning 17. I have been regected by women as long as I can remember and she's one other the two women that accepted me for who I am. I am a lonely teen who wants to find love. (not that type of love) More like acceptance in another person's life. The first girlfriend I had took advantage of me by making me wait for years to go a little further in a relationship. For example: We only hugged and kissed but nothing else and I (being a gentleman) never complained untill a year had past and then when she said it was fine she broke up with me. Others before her always said things like: Yah right like me with you?, No way, Eww, and the most painful one Nice try!

*sigh* maybe I'm not meant for love. *maybe I should just give up. :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]

Anyone can accept you for who you are. Accepting someone doesn't mean agreeing with them. I accept you as a slightly emotionally immature, still young, and with plenty to learn. I also see you as a huge DBZ fan, and someone who's extremely sensetive. It's impossible to accept someone for who they are, as you accept yourself based upon how others reflect their vision of you, for the most part. I could elaborate on this, however, it seems like a bit of a wasted effort.
I agree with Queen Asuka, things like this will be the downfall of the Internet. ;) Just push forward, and live life to the fullest, you'll survive, man :).

Ssj, there ARE other people out there, but the're not on the internet.

You need to get out and find a real person who's going to care about you for who you are, the internet relationships are so fake and they can open the wounds you feel from heartbreak even wider because you are only substituting real love.

you need to have hope, faith and a good head on your shoulders to find that special someone, don't expect them to come to you.

And another thing, ssj you have your whole life ahead of you, there's really no reason to be fretting about love where you stand now.

Good luck I wish you the best.

Thanks everyone. It's just that I feel that I am old enough (physically and age ways) I respect many women and I hate to see them suffer. I am a true gentleman to the ladies and I am a little crazy (not suicide crazy or cut myself crazy) I just do things that most guys wouldn't do. I am craving love though and everytime I do try and go out and find my special someone I always get let down by them. I'm fet up by it too. I WANT LOVE IN MY LIFE. I feel so incomplete right now. In 4 or 5 months I'm going out into the real world as an civilian and earn my place in a company and I want someone to be there with me and help me through it all. The damn problem is I can't find her. Also don't tell me to be patient cause I'm as patient as men come (I have a handicapped sister to thank for that) And I'm not making fun of people who are mentally impared. I seriously do have a mentally disabled sister. :bawl:

Stop being so reactive Brolli. It's not about finding that magical person who's undying love will live forever. Marriages fail because the couples say , "the love won't last.. it faded away." Love is a VERB, something you DO, something to work for. Take the initiative, keep a positive mind and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Ask girls out and make an effort to show them how much you care, to impress them. Don't go around whining that you really go out of your way for people, you have to DO it! I'm sure you can. Just keep a positive mental outlook on the situation. There ARE more fish in the sea. chances are, youll find someone better suited to your tastes! Then the two of you can work at creating a relationship with love, and grow close together.

Best of Luck,
Drix

[color=indigo]Well, it?s like that song says ?everything sucks when you?re young?. That?s just the way it is for so many young people, myself included when I was your age. I?ve given all kinds of advice and tips based on how I would live my life if I could do high school over with what I know now. Unfortunatly, no one really wants to listen to my advice, but I will give it again just to be fair. Become enthralled in an activity, whether it is playing a guitar, drawing, or going to the gym and lifting weights. Do this activity for several hours a day, until you have little time for anything but your activities and school. Love will eventually find you, but by creating an activity that consumes most of your time you can take your mind off of thinking about it constantly.[/color]

[B]...I am craving love though and everytime I do try and go out and find my special someone I always get let down by them. I'm fet up by it too. I WANT LOVE IN MY LIFE. I feel so incomplete right now. In 4 or 5 months I'm going out into the real world as an civilian and earn my place in a company and I want someone to be there with me and help me through it all. The damn problem is I can't find her... [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]if you've got the mentality that you've got to have a girlfriend to be happy, then you're going to be sorely disappointed. maybe it'd be a little different if you had a specific someone in mind whom you really did love (as in, actual love), but if you're going around thinking "I've got to get a girlfriend," then you're never going to find one decent enough to keep around anyway.

back on track, you aren't going to be able to make it out in 'the real world' if you have to have a lover to support you. she won't be (or shouldn't be, anyway 0_o) the one who manages to make you a success in life. sure, it'd be nice to have someone to console you if you're having work problems, but that's just about all she'd be able to do. you're the one who's going to have to make things work for you. you'll manage just fine in the mean time if you're still single, whether you're working yet or not.[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angelus_Necare [/i]
[B]internet relationships are so fake and they can open the wounds you feel from heartbreak even wider because you are only substituting real love.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]So they are fake and yet they have the ability to open up emotional wounds- is that from the [melodramatic] 'fakeness' of it?

Substitutions cannot exist for love- it is just love over another band of communication, nothing fake about it. It might be different, or some immature people might take you for a ride about their true identity. You make it sound like it is some sort of demonic manniquin out to crush the hopes and dreams of love-yearning teenagers, lol.
----

How about some advice from a fifteen year old- sound good?

In general you should realize that as you get older and more out into the world, you fill find more and more open minded people- people similar to you, people who enjoy your company. Women, obviously, included.

Just give it some more time. Love is not usually a thing you hunt for, it is something that smacks you in the face at a completely random moment- that is why it is so magical. ;P

Aside from that, I would not worry about getting out into the real world. It seems boring to me so far, lol.[/color]

[B]Thanks everyone. It's just that I feel that I am old enough (physically and age ways) I respect many women and I hate to see them suffer. I am a true gentleman to the ladies and I am a little crazy (not suicide crazy or cut myself crazy) I just do things that most guys wouldn't do. I am craving love though and everytime I do try and go out and find my special someone I always get let down by them. I'm fet up by it too. I WANT LOVE IN MY LIFE. I feel so incomplete right now. In 4 or 5 months I'm going out into the real world as an civilian and earn my place in a company and I want someone to be there with me and help me through it all. The damn problem is I can't find her. Also don't tell me to be patient cause I'm as patient as men come (I have a handicapped sister to thank for that) And I'm not making fun of people who are mentally impared. I seriously do have a mentally disabled sister. :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]The best thing for you to do is to get out and do something. Get a job, find an activity to participate in, join a group of somesorts, just do something. I met Ryan at a church dance and we hit it off. He lived an hour away from me, but it still worked out. Now he lives three hours away from me and it still works out. You just need to broaden your horizons, I think.

ALSO, girls LOVE guys who have confidence. And a sense of humor. So don't be withdrawn. Learn to love yourself and put yourself out there for others to see.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Well, it?s like that song says ?everything sucks when you?re young?. That?s just the way it is for so many young people, myself included when I was your age. I?ve given all kinds of advice and tips based on how I would live my life if I could do high school over with what I know now. Unfortunatly, no one really wants to listen to my advice, but I will give it again just to be fair. Become enthralled in an activity, whether it is playing a guitar, drawing, or going to the gym and lifting weights. Do this activity for several hours a day, until you have little time for anything but your activities and school. Love will eventually find you, but by creating an activity that consumes most of your time you can take your mind off of thinking about it constantly.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Humm you know what your right Heven's Cloud. I should find an activity to get my mind of this thing. Thank you Queen for your advice and that goes for the rest of you. I wish though that my cousin was still alive. She would have helped me through this. Oh well thanks again everyone.

Look at it this way.

At my college, there are literally thousands of gorgeous women. I mean thousands. Seriously. Everywhere you look, hot body...hot body...hot body...holy **** look at her...

It's like that.

And you know the most ironic part of it?

I know a lot of them. I've taken classes with them or am taking classes with them now. I know their names and they know mine. I'm friends with them. I hang out with my theatre tech people on campus, and they're amazed at how many of these girls I talk to and such.

My friend, Mike, actually asked me today (after seeing a very cute girl named Katie say she dropped off a book at my house--she lives pretty much right around the corner from me), "Alex, how in the hell do you know all these girls?"

And I'm not a casanova in the least. Hell, I'm actually pretty ineffectual when it comes to dating situations. But a cute college girl that I'm friends with? We can talk for a long time in campus time (meaning long for being on campus and such).

I quote Dr. Mull, "The irony is delicious."

You see, I appreciate the artistic value of my collegiate female interactions, because I could be the best damn partner a girl could have there, but I'm simply not able to become their partner.

But that's fine with me. I really haven't had a strong concentration on dating the past 2 years. It's something that gets you worked up for nothing, and getting worked up for nothing just isn't good.

So, my point here is, there are so many of girls out there that pre-occupying yourself with one that you never really had to begin with is very foolhardy. You're going to meet a lot of girls that are better than the internet romance you had.

So, don't worry about it, mate. You'll find something in good time. Don't fret about it now. You're just getting yourself bent out of shape.

No worries.

PoisonTongue

People who date on the internet are...well...kinda desperate. I mean,everyone who has asked to date me over the net had been hurt by love, and it's tempting,because you're basically judged on your personality (yea,pictures I know,but there's a difference between what the person appears to be in the picture and how they really look). I don't believe I could ever love somebody I didn;t get to see,when I couldn't look into their eyes and be close to them and kiss and those little things that make it great.

I'd just move on,there's somebody better, just wait and see...

[B][FONT=times new roman]I just experianced true love but I might have messed my life up forever. You see there is this girl who I met here that I love with all my heart and soul but a few days ago she was getting hurt of never being able to see me in person cause she lives down far in the U.S. and I live in boring old Canada. I made the mistake of letting her go and I'm thinking I should change my mind and try and get her back. What should I do? I'm a mna in need of serious help (for once)[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]
Forget about her and get a real girl friend. Sure it sounds mean but there's no chance you'll ever meet, get married or whatever.

[B]Humm since you mention hot women tell me. *takes out a pen and paper* Which collage do you go to? lol. Thanks PoisonTongue [/B][/QUOTE]

Rutgers-Camden, dude. Rutgers-Camden. [spoiler]Come here to come.[/spoiler] Oh my god...that's so wrong. I'd better black that out.

[color=#707875]Having only just seen the second page...I'll tell you one thing.

You're young. You've had some kind of love over the Internet. I won't deny that your feelings for her are very real (afterall, it's possible to make friends on the 'net and have a very real connection), however, the fact remains that you're both kids who live far from one another.

Unless you can wait several years 'till you're old enough to do something about it...there isn't much point. Either you'll be waiting years and years, or you will simply be waiting for something that will never happen.

At your age, it's best to go out with someone local, I think. There is plenty of chance to find love yet...you have plenty of time. ^_^[/color]

Thank you all of you. For the one who's reading this I'm just saying I'm sorry. I decided for our own good to forget about each other. never to talk to each other again for a few reasons.
1. Being that we never seen eye to eye we were complete strangers.
2. I care for her so much I don't want to hurt her again. and
3. I feel it's the right thing to do.

Did I do the right thing?

Edit 1: Now she hates me. Now I wanna die!

I am telling you right now, quit sayin things like that Brolli! You don't want to die, you want to live on and meet other people. Charlie, don't fret over him and Brolli don't fret over her. You two WILL find someone else.
I know how you both feel, I have been there before. I know it sux wanting and longing for someone whom you can't have. I am still struggling through it. And it doesn't feel good. See I was stupid enough to dig a hole underneath my feet. I got into the situation and I didn't let it go because I thought I could change it, but I couldn't and by the time I wanted out, it was too late. And now I have to suffer my consequences. I don't want this to happen to you two, you both are good people. And my friends and I don't want to see you two fighting about something that is usless to stress over.
You did what you had to because you felt what you thought was right was the best choice. Doing what you feel is right isn't wrong. Now please I am asking you both to just move on. Drop this subject and focus on something else.
Patience is a virtue. It will take time, just wait it out and see the bright side of life.

UGHHH, As much as I must look like a total dick, I must quote this:

"Self-pity is easily the most destructive of the nonpharmaceutical narcotics; it is addictive, gives momentary pleasure and separates the victim from reality. "
John W. Gardner

This thread is really becoming a wallowing mass of pity and crying, pity and crying. No progress is being attained at all as evident by ssjBrolli's repsonses indictate.

No progress=no discussion=completely redundant exchange of ideas=thread closed.