Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=green]Did you guys hear the widow of someone killed in the Anthrax attacks after 9/11 is suing the United States gavernment for [i][b]$50million!!!![/i][/b] She is suing the gov't because the strain of Anthrax is thought to have come from a government lab. She is the first to sue the government, there are a few people suing the Postal Service, but for nowhere near that amount.

I am sorry that her husband died in that terrible way, but wrongful death suit were originated to compensate families for earning lost and help them support themselves in the aftermath of a wrongful death. Sure, there should be some room for pain and suffering, but would her husband have made anywhere near $50 million over the rest of his life?? I don't think so. I wonder where she thinks that money will come from... Bye-bye tax relief.
Let me know what you think.[/color]
Posted
thats crazy! 50 million!?? Like I know her husband was killed from anthrax but still thats alot of money to sue them for. And what happens if she doesnt win.? You know?? lol geez thats a big thing to try to do!
Posted
People think that our government has no debt. That's why they sue the federal government. Just because they get special privelages doesn't mean that we have all the money in the world. We owe alot of money, even if we are a rich country.
Posted
[color=#707875]Why is it the Government's fault? o_O

That doesn't make sense to me. It's not like anti-anthrax safety systems are part of common workplace safety.[/color]
Posted
I agree. It's not the governments complete responbility to control the postal service. Thats what the Post Master general is for. I highly doubt that anybody knew about anthrax until somebody died. The sad thing is, she might win.
Posted
[color=green]She is saying it is the gov't fault because it may have been government's anthrax. It is almost identical to a strain that mysteriously disappeared from a gov't facility.
She also is "angry" that there has not been a suspect named after two years. Let's see, how long did it take for them to find Ted Kazinsky(sp?) the unibomber who sent bombs throught the mail, and they only caught him because his brother turned him in. [/color]
Posted
I think there is one thing about this she did not think out too well. If she sues and wins she will get the money, but not all at once. Instead it will be a piece at a time (at least from what I have heard about such cases). Meanwhile, her taxes are probably going to shoot through the roof, and that pocket change she gets each month will seem a lot smaller.

The part that pisses me off is the fact that everyone else will have to deal with it too. Also, she will suddenly realize how many "reletives" she never knew she had, but that thought amuses me.
Posted
I suppose I should due the government because the terrorist that were used to fly planes into the bbuildings were trained here. But that aint gonna happen. She won't win 50 Million dollars. She may get a million, probably less. 50 million is pushing it.... stupid money grubbing whore.
Posted
I havent heard that but I think its stupid to try to pin this on the government, its terrible that her husband died but she shouldnt blame the government for that! The government didnt kill her husband. That makes me mad that someone could blame the government for that:flaming:. Anyways thats what I think.
Posted
Lets see... it's funny. If she does get 50 million, it's mostly out of OUR pockets, as that would be TAX money.

Next, it's not the government's fault, it's the person who somehow gave her husband Anthrax. How the hell do they know it's the SAME strand? What is SUING going to do about it? Nothing. TN said it best, she's a money grubbing whore.
Posted
I think it's completely idiotic the kind of things people will sue for (and the amounts, too!!) We need to have a "stupid case" clause where judges can throw out cases for being stupid. (like those stupid suits against McDonald's for making ppl fat...)
then again, corrupt judges could throw out important cases... hmm... there's really got to be a better way.
Someone come up w/ something. I'm too tired!
~Night Goddess~
Posted
As I believe I have mentioned before: People are stupid and greedy.

And No, Adahn. You don't need to get into a firefight over this one, which I am making a generalisation about.

$50 million dollars is an [i]obscene[/i] amount of money, and I find people who sue for that kind of money are absolutely disgusting. She may have been upset about her husbands detah, in fact probably is too upset to realise what an *** she is being. What kind of idiot would try something like that? This is an example of bureaucracy gone mad, where cases like that are allowed to remain in court.
Posted
[color=green]Judges can throw out frivolous cses, it's called no grounds. The higher courts and appelate courts sometimes don't even accept cases at all, so there is kind of a failsafe...
As for how do the KNOW it's the same strand... Anthrax is a living organism...therefor having DNA.

...moneygrubbing whore... I agree!!! and no, I do not want to pay for her pain with my tax money.

Hey, TN, as for you suing the gov't, wouldn't it be that everyone else in the country sues the school for all of our pain and suffering???

What are some other stupid cases that you've heard of?? There was a period of time, when prisons were BIG in the news (overcrowding and such things) that prisoners were suing over various things claimimng abuse, like I heard one guy sued because they wouldn't let him have seconds on macaroni and kool-aid...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]
And No, Adahn. You don't need to get into a firefight over this one, which I am making a generalisation about.
[/B][/QUOTE]

*Searches for Adahn on this thread*... Let's keep the flaming to a minimum. You and Adahn have burned eachother on numerous occasions, I know the scars must run deep :worried: . But lets not [I]invite[/I] open argument, shall we?
Posted
Yes, Baron Samedi has his right to be pessimistic, I'm sure it makes up a great deal of his personality, part of what makes him unique :)

As for the 50 million dollars, the ***** probably doesn't even care about her husband, if she's willing to get every penny out of his death as possible. Her husband would probably want her to accept it and deal with it, not show the entire nation that she's a, well, TN hit the nail on the head there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...