OtakuBoards

What if...

Kieko

I don't know if there's another thread like this one, there probably is, but I would want to know what people would think about my topic whithout searching. Don't know why I won't search, maybe I'm just too lazy.

:rolleyes: What If you could control life? What if you could have your dreams really come true? What kind of life would you want? Action? Adventure? Romantic? Or something else? Would you get rid of your enemies? Would you want your life to be like a movie; perfect? Would you even want to change your life?

My dream life would have to be action/adventure. I would not touch anything in the world accept how everything would play out, that's the one thing I would control. The rest I would leave as they are. And I wouldn't control whether someone is bad or good and I might not control whether someone likes me or not, it depends. In my dream life, I would be able to go to any Anime series I want and be a character in that series. I could also return to the "Real World" and visit my friends and family there. (I would also be able to go to some "Real World" movies like The Lord of the Rings.)

What would your dream life be like considering it could be as far-fetched as possible?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kieko [/i]
[B]:rolleyes: What If you could control life? What if you could have your dreams really come true? What kind of life would you want? Action? Adventure? Romantic? Or something else? Would you get rid of your enemies? Would you want your life to be like a movie; perfect? Would you even want to change your life?
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ah yes, but if you held control over every aspect of your life, wouldn't you in effect be sacrificing the ability to dream?

Wouldn't you be limiting yourself to a purposeless existence if you already knew what lie waiting around every corner, so to speak? How could a life be either adventurous or romantic when you don't have to work at anything--if it's all provided for you?
There's no satisfaction there, I'm afraid.

But, it seems that you realize this on some level. After all, you don't express a desire to impose your will on everything and everyone around you.

[quote][b]In my dream life, I would be able to go to any Anime series I want and be a character in that series. I could also return to the "Real World" and visit my friends and family there. (I would also be able to go to some "Real World" movies like The Lord of the Rings.)[/b][/quote]

Read a good book. It's an escape much like you're suggesting.

I want my life to be pretty much the same. Except for i want more action and adventure in my life. Like a movie! Especially if i got to go on a mission with my friends. I also want something paranormal to happen. i would also like to as you said before be able to do things that arent possible. But i also agree with the other people, if you could control your life it wouldn't really be you.
But i wouldn't want to know what would actually happen in my life. I would just want some sort of an adventure to go on. And besides this is just our dream life not the one we really are living in. The one we are living in is hard. And we have to handle it.

The good thing about life is the element of surprise. I'm only human; we all have our quaint little fantasies and things we'd kill to change...but once we have them it's not as great as we thought. I wouldn't want to control my entire life. I mean,it'd be a thrill for awhile, but without some goal with a glittering prize to try to reach,what do you have to live for? What's your motivation?There really wouldn't be any....

Even though i love my life.....i sometimes dream/wish i could start my life over again and change some of the choices i made and didnt make over the past years. Like some of the friends i had in the past i wish i never met since they were terrible and did stuff that i didnt think was funny at all. I dont really want to get into it cause it involves like animals and stuff so ill leave it out since it is really crazy what they did and im glad i stopped being friends with them.

Also i wish i got into all-year-round swimming at an earlier age since, they perdicted that if i started at an early age i would have made it to the olympics. Unfortunantly i started at the age of 8 and was taught how to do most of the strokes [U]wrong[/U] and therefore i was never able to learn how to do them the correct way (trust me even my horrible way of doing the freestyle isn't that bad, its just that i dont enter the water right with my hands and my kicking sucks, besides that i did have a time of 54secs. in the 100 freestyle(meters) which is good but not good enough).

Last thing that i dream about is having a house on the beach with my wife(when i eventually get married), since i love the beach. I cant stand being away from the beach that much and im usually always there during the summer (about 2 out of the three months). Oh well maybe this will come true eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
If I had the ability to control life, I would be a person with a bunch of money, getting my needs, and giving some to charity. And I'd try my best not to be a brat, just brag it on my sister. HA! And buy some things for my closest friends so they could get what they wanted also.

Contrary to what my cycloptic colleague, Charles, has said, I would definitely control everything in the known universe.

While living in a world full of unexpected and unknown experiences is quite fun and amusing, the idea of having total, undeniable, infallible, absolute, supreme power is something I like very much.

To have control over every living being, to will things into existence, to destroy things with the blink of an eye, to create where there is nothing, that is ideal. It is the Star-Child from 2001. Ultimate control.

Excerpted from the novelization;

[quote][i]Excerpted from 2001[/i]
[b]There before him, a glittering toy no Star-Child could resist, floated the planet Earth with all its peoples.

He had returned in time. Down there on that crowded globe, the alarms would be flashing across the radar screens, the great tracking telescopes would be searching the skies--and history as men knew it would be drawing to a close.

A thousand miles below, he became aware that a slumbering cargo of death had awoken, and was stirring sluggishly in its orbit. The feeble energies it contained were no possible menace to him; but he preferred a cleaner sky. He put forth his will, and the circling megatons flowered in a silent detonation that brought a brief, false dawn to half the sleeping globe.

Then he waited, marshaling his thoughts and brooding over his still untested powers. For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next

But he would think of something.[/b][/quote]

If you could control life, then nothing would be fun, and everything would be boring. I mean, sure, some of us wonder what it would be like to be able to do all of that. Nothing would surprise you, everything could be expected............just like the movies.

It might eb fun for the first few months, but after that, there would be nothing else left to do. You would have expierenced everything you wanted to.

It's like The Matrix in a way....a strange....pseudo-sadistical sort of way.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]If you could control life, then nothing would be fun, and everything would be boring. I mean, sure, some of us wonder what it would be like to be able to do all of that. Nothing would surprise you, everything could be expected............just like the movies.

It might eb fun for the first few months, but after that, there would be nothing else left to do. You would have expierenced everything you wanted to.

It's like The Matrix in a way....a strange....pseudo-sadistical sort of way. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]That's pretty much the same way I feel. Besides, you can control your own life. It all just depends on the choices you make through it, and how you see your life. Besides, if you controlled your life, what lessons would you learn? I think everything happens for a reason, and life's all about lessons. Though you may not realize it, you're learning new things everyday, whether it be about life, school, friends, anything. That's what I think is so great about life. ^_^;

And er, I'm also big on fate, but that'd be Paris's fault. *points to Imladris* [/color] [/size]

I would like to control my life...but only for awhile. It would eventually get old and my imagination would run out.
If I could just change bits and pieces (not be responsible for everything), I would make things less complicated. I'd also change my relationships w/ some ppl (turn the bad ones good) and probably add a little more action to my life.
actually, if I could transport myself into Lord of the Rings or something like that, I'd be pretty happy!
~Goddess of the Hunt~

[COLOR=darkblue]I don't find the idea controlling every aspect of my life that appealing. I beleive that life should be taken as it is. Life, for me, would not be interesting if I already knew what lies in the future, and even less if I could change that future, if it exists.

I guess that not knowing what lies in my future is what makes it worth living it. I tend to always live life to my fullest in present, utilizing everything I have learned in the past, and prepare for what the future may hold for me.

As Charles said, what would happen to dreams, expectations of life, purpose? I don't think that knowing everything there is to know about your life, and even been able to change it as you wish, would make life worth living.

I like life as it is, unexpected fun. Just an everyday learning experience that will keep me guessing what will come, and if I am prepared for it. I don't find the idea controlling every aspect of my life that appealing. I beleive that life should be taken as it is. Life, for me, would not be interesting if I already knew what lies in the future, and even less if I could change that future, if it exists.[/COLOR]

[color=red]Ani_Freak[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if this has anything to do with anything... Whatever. You know what would be cool- to have wings. Me, I would want angel-type wings. Feathers + stuff. I want them to be a very pale turquise. Feathers can get wet, so then I could go to the pool or something and fly really high, then just free-fall and just stop... right above the suface of the water. Then I'd dive in. *note* The wings could become small, or dissappear, so I could change my clothes and whatnot. They won't put holes in my shirts,either. Was this a waste of time? Sorry.

[color=teal]If I could control my life, I'd be a physics genius with an MIT PhD. I'd be the best f***king graphic artist on the planet. I'd live with my smart and cute Boy in a moderate house with NO children. I'd have all the clothes in the world and I would be so nice as to be named the next Mother Theresa.

Too bad I'll only get to the MIT and Boy part.[/color]

If I could control my life...... I would be like superman and his huge ego..*i am faster than a speeding bullet*.. you know that ego and i could make anything out of thin air such as asword and so on..... you get the picture

Guest Crimson Spider
That's a toughy, cuz I'm flighty.

I would wish for many things upon occasion. Right now, I would wish for a certain item in a videogame, and for that game to be online. I would alter a few things in all my great gameness.

I would also wish I knew EVERYTHING about computers. EVERY SINGLE THING! That way I could make my own programs, eliminate viruses, and other stuff like that.

I would also wish to be dashingly handsome and strong. But hey! Which guy wouldn't?

But right now, I would wish that people would suddenly start to get super-powers from strange accidents that cannot be explained. That would be cool.

If I could control my life, I would make it so that I couldn't. I don't think I could handle so much power and responsibility. Hell, I can barely have a decent life [i]now[/i], so there's not much chance it would be any better if I could control every aspect of it.