OtakuBoards

Sailor Moon

Shy

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SadClown [/i]
[B]
Its funny how gender confusion, androgyny and homosexuality are all prevelent in anime and manga, yet it is considored all taboo in real-life terms in Japaense society. [/B][/QUOTE]

It is? I thought it was an accepted trait? :wigout:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Brings dead thread back to life* Well, I was going to do a search on Sailor Moon, to check if I should start a thread on it. Found this, so, here's my question. Any of you got the box sets that just came out yet. I'm watching the second season right now and I can't stop grinning! I especially love the part where the scouts are fighting over who should play Snow White in the play, and Mako says she should because she has the biggest chest. Unedited gold. ^.^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wiccansamurai [/i]
[B]*Brings dead thread back to life* Well, I was going to do a search on Sailor Moon, to check if I should start a thread on it. Found this, so, here's my question. Any of you got the box sets that just came out yet. I'm watching the second season right now and I can't stop grinning! I especially love the part where the scouts are fighting over who should play Snow White in the play, and Mako says she should because she has the biggest chest. Unedited gold. ^.^ [/B][/QUOTE]

AH! The unedited boxsets!! I wanted to get those but the problem is, I have absolutely no money, though I have heard tons of good things on about these sets of unedited episodes...However, I heard that one of the episodes is missing, but I'm not sure which one? Is the investment still worth it?

A little OT, but have any of you happened to see the live-action Sailor Moon series o.0?

~haruno_sakura

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by haruno_sakura [/i]
[B]

A little OT, but have any of you happened to see the live-action Sailor Moon series o.0?

~haruno_sakura [/B][/QUOTE]

I've downloaded the first episode but my winamp was screwing up so that I could only hear the sounds but Icoulsdn't actually see anything. *sighs* But you can find alot of sites dedicated to the live action. Finding them translated to english is the tricky part. ;)

[QUOTE]AH! The unedited boxsets!! I wanted to get those but the problem is, I have absolutely no money, though I have heard tons of good things on about these sets of unedited episodes...However, I heard that one of the episodes is missing, but I'm not sure which one? Is the investment still worth it?[/QUOTE]

Episode 67, I think, is missing. But with all the episodes that are there, I'm sure there's a very good reason its not there.

As for being worth it, IT'S GREAT! I laughed more, cried more, and was practically sitting on the edge of my chair in excitement the whole time! My favorite season will always be the second... Though it'd be much better without Chibi-Usa...

Goddes, how happy I am that I got this. Now if you excuse me, episode 62 awaits.

I love salior moon it was the first anime I ever seen.
I was so disaponted when it went off of TV. I wonder
if it will ever come back on. Well my favorit person is
salior venus. But I have never seen any of the movies.
I bet that they are good.

[B]Episode 67, I think, is missing. But with all the episodes that are there, I'm sure there's a very good reason its not there.

As for being worth it, IT'S GREAT! I laughed more, cried more, and was practically sitting on the edge of my chair in excitement the whole time! My favorite season will always be the second... Though it'd be much better without Chibi-Usa...

Goddes, how happy I am that I got this. Now if you excuse me, episode 62 awaits. [/B][/QUOTE]

What was episode 67? I've been trying to figure it out, but I can't really recall what that one was o.0 And I do agree that the 2nd season definitely would have been so much better without Chibi-Usa, one of the greatest annoyances ever! :flaming:

And so I'm guessing no one else has seen the live action sailor moon? LOL.

~haruno_sakura

I wish I had seen the live action show. If you go to Castle in the Sky web page, it tells you what episode 67. After reading it, I have no idea why it wasn't in there. Though it did seem to have nothing to really do with the plot flow...

The only good thing about Chibi-Usa is Black Lady. Now she's cool. My favorite villain of all time, thoguh, is Prince Diamond! *Fangirl smile* He's so cool! And in love with Sailor Moon!

[B]IThe only good thing about Chibi-Usa is Black Lady. Now she's cool. My favorite villain of all time, thoguh, is Prince Diamond! *Fangirl smile* He's so cool! And in love with Sailor Moon! [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=violet]I felt sorry for Demando in SMR as well as Emeruade. Those two really should've gotten together-in the anime atleast.
As for the live action show. I saw little clips of it and screen shots. This seems like a really cool show I hope they bring it over to the America's so people over here can watch it. I also hope they don't do too horryfiying of a job with the voice dubbing Maybe they should get the people who did the dubbing for Crouching Tiger HIdden Dragon.
The only scary parts in the live action are: [spoiler]Luna isn't a real kitty this time. Now she's a stuffed cat owned by Usagi. But she still talks and Usagi talks to her and the rest of the senshi do too.Zoisite has siver hair and Nephrite's hair looks like it was done by Ronald McDonald. also, the bows on the fuku are HUGE![/spoiler] Interesting part [spoiler]the senshi all have black hair until they transform and the guy who plays mamoru is kinda cute.[/spoiler]
I haven't watched Sailor Moon in a while tho. I lost the dub tapes I had and all my DVDs with the S and SuperS seasons are in storage in TX. I do plan on getting both box sets tho. It's called Birthday presents from my husband in Iraq.[/color]
[color=purple]Look, links to sites with Live action Sailor Moon info!
[url]http://www.prettyguardian.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.genvid.com/PGSM/[/url]
Who's a cool person? Not me, that's for sure[/color]

[COLOR=orange][SIZE=1]

Live action Sailor Moon, I must be really out of the loop for not have heard of that one. Oh well I'll survive. I guess it just shows me how out of the loop I actually am....

But as for the cartoon, which I did love and which I watched happily in my first years as an anime fan. I thought it kicked butt. I mean a girl changing into a short skirt and wearing a crown. Who wouldn't like that. Shoot if I was a man I'd let her kick my butt just for the heck of it..so that I cn catch a peek..Heh heh.

I think I need to stop acting like a perv. Sorry if I offended anyone.

At this point in time. Sailor Moon is still good to me. But I dont watch it as much and Im not as excited by it as I used to be. I guess its from me getting older I dunno. But I still must say if it was between a Sailor Moon marathon and a Vin Diesel marathon..(I love Vin Diesel) I'd look at Sailor Moon..I think its cause I dont have any of her eps and I have most of his movies...he he[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiHorsewoman [/i]
[B][color=violet]
As for the live action show. I saw little clips of it and screen shots. This seems like a really cool show I hope they bring it over to the America's so people over here can watch it. I also hope they don't do too horryfiying of a job with the voice dubbing Maybe they should get the people who did the dubbing for Crouching Tiger HIdden Dragon.
The only scary parts in the live action are: [spoiler]Luna isn't a real kitty this time. Now she's a stuffed cat owned by Usagi. But she still talks and Usagi talks to her and the rest of the senshi do too.Zoisite has siver hair and Nephrite's hair looks like it was done by Ronald McDonald. also, the bows on the fuku are HUGE![/spoiler] Interesting part [spoiler]the senshi all have black hair until they transform and the guy who plays mamoru is kinda cute.[/spoiler]
I haven't watched Sailor Moon in a while tho. I lost the dub tapes I had and all my DVDs with the S and SuperS seasons are in storage in TX. I do plan on getting both box sets tho. It's called Birthday presents from my husband in Iraq.[/color]
[color=purple]Look, links to sites with Live action Sailor Moon info!
[url]http://www.prettyguardian.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.genvid.com/PGSM/[/url]
Who's a cool person? Not me, that's for sure[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes the Live Action is actually pretty entertaining. I actually like the idea of [spoiler]all of them having black hair until transforming because then it makes a lot more sense that people can't tell who's senshi and who isn't. Sailor Moon especially looks different with black hair as opposed to the blond hair she gets when she transforms. The only thing I guess that irks me is that the youma that they fight look so much like the bad guys in Power Rangers from way back LOL. It also is a little distracting to see Luna as a stuffed plushie. However, the girls they picked for the Inner Senshi are quite convincing. I think they did a great job on the casting. As for the guy who plays Mamoru *drool* I absolutely love him LOL. I have no idea who the actor is, but he's pretty convincing as Mamoru. [/spoiler]

~haruno_sakura

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by haruno_sakura [/i]
[B]Yes the Live Action is actually pretty entertaining. I actually like the idea of [spoiler]all of them having black hair until transforming because then it makes a lot more sense that people can't tell who's senshi and who isn't. Sailor Moon especially looks different with black hair as opposed to the blond hair she gets when she transforms. The only thing I guess that irks me is that the youma that they fight look so much like the bad guys in Power Rangers from way back LOL. It also is a little distracting to see Luna as a stuffed plushie. However, the girls they picked for the Inner Senshi are quite convincing. I think they did a great job on the casting. As for the guy who plays Mamoru *drool* I absolutely love him LOL. I have no idea who the actor is, but he's pretty convincing as Mamoru. [/spoiler]

~haruno_sakura [/B][/QUOTE]
Heh I agree It's deffinatly better that[spoiler]their hair is black when they aren't fighting. I mean how many blue haired girls do you see in Tokyo? Not very many.( I didn't say blonde cause it's kinda comon to blech your hair....at least according to Ceres it is ^.^) I always wondered how they never got caught. Must've been magic or something. It actually probably was...heh heh. [/spoiler]And the actor who plays Mamrou is very hot. I once saw a pic of him in casual attire. His hair was red. Hehe very hot. :toothy:
here's a site that's good [URL]http://www.metabee.co.uk/ssuk/index1.php[/URL]
There's a whole section dedicated to the live action there

I loved the t.v. show but after a while it got boring for me I turned to other animes like Tenchi Muyo, DBZ, and Outlaw Star which seemed better for me. All watches those 4 shows: Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo, and DBZ, and Outlaw Star not even knowing they were an anime not even hearing of the name until 2 years ago January 2002 I saw Adult Swim and heard them refer to it as anime.

im not sure what the question is, but im thinking its the opinion on sailor moon. i think its a great anime show. i love it. my friend is a big fan...Some people say its dumb....some people think its great, but i think tis good its not the best show.....Yu Yu hasikuo is the best, but i mean Sailor moon is cool, i love Jupiter....and sailor mooon....well, she kinda needs anger manegment classes. she gets mad to easy,lol. And shes worked up all on that mystery guy......just like this japan book i have.....shes worked up on the mystery guy, and then she finds out hes a bad guy tryign to kill her, then falls inlove with her. And it kinda happened in sailor moon i mean i can kinda predict whats gonna happen. But i think its a great show....but it needs a little bit more wonder in it...like a continue shows, lol. but thats just my opinoin.....nice board, great topic :)

Sailor Moon was the first manga I ever read, and I have to say that, unfortunately, it influenced me negatively. (This is my nice way of giving you Sailor Moon fans my opinion on this . . . topic.) I'm sorry, but it's really obvious (especially later in the series) that Takeuchi is just running out of ideas. All the villains are female, all the characters make the same faces, and the drawings have no effort put into them at all. But that's the manga.
The anime was dubbed really badly (just LISTEN to Usagi's voice!), and the use of repeat framing was irritating. There's story arch in which these seeds are planted into inanimate objects, turning them into evil women who want to steal a pure heart crystal from Bunny. One is a VACUUM CLEANER, the next is a HEART STATUE, another is a VOLLEYBALL MACHINE, yet another is a GLASS SHOE, and finally, one is a SCARF. Menacing. I mean really.
However, the show does hold good memories for me, of times when I had no idea that there was better stuff out there. I Moon Tiara Magic-ed a couple CD's into my friends wall, and it still makes me happy to think about it. Sorry if this seems negative, but you asked for opinions. You didn't say anything about posts glowing with admiration for the show.
oshi

Guest sarah3099
Sailor Jupiter is my favorite, but when I was younger mercury was because I thought since she was the smartest that she was my favorite.But now I like Jupiter better because she is so cool and I am like her in ways. Oh and why is there a pokeball as a smiley? :D

I miss Sailor Moon on the air. I love the show but suddenly it stopped airing and ed edd n eddy took its place. A lot of people on sailormoon.com and I have already sent several messages to numerous tv sites complaining about it being taken off and nearly demanding that they put it back on the air. But I have good news- I was looking at some sailor moon universe site and some of the recent news said that on June 13 at 4 pm Cartoon Network was going to put sailor moon back on the air. now I know some of you are wondering which year it means, and I checked a June calendar for 2002, 2003, and 2004 and I was wondering which June 13 because that date this year is on a sunday. but if it is true, oh well! at least they are putting it back on!

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please do not double post, it is against the rules. Just go back and edit your original post. *QA*[/color][/size]

I love sailor moon and I wish that they would put it back on the air. I still am mad about them taking it off and I have signed multiple online petitions to put it back on.

[color=hotpink][size=1]If I have to tell you again, I'm reporting. PLEASE read the rules and do not double post. *QA*[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sarah3099 [/i]
[B]Sailor Jupiter is my favorite, but when I was younger mercury was because I thought since she was the smartest that she was my favorite.But now I like Jupiter better because she is so cool and I am like her in ways. Oh and why is there a pokeball as a smiley? :D

I miss Sailor Moon on the air. I love the show but suddenly it stopped airing and ed edd n eddy took its place. A lot of people on sailormoon.com and I have already sent several messages to numerous tv sites complaining about it being taken off and nearly demanding that they put it back on the air. But I have good news- I was looking at some sailor moon universe site and some of the recent news said that on June 13 at 4 pm Cartoon Network was going to put sailor moon back on the air. now I know some of you are wondering which year it means, and I checked a June calendar for 2002, 2003, and 2004 and I was wondering which June 13 because that date this year is on a sunday. but if it is true, oh well! at least they are putting it back on!

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please do not double post, it is against the rules. Just go back and edit your original post. *QA*[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah well if you're talking abou Sialor moon Universe then belive me that isn't any time soon. Last time I went(which was years ago mind you I no longer associate myself with Sailor moon websites such as SOS or Universe that won't face so many of the truths of Sailor Moon) they had that still. Besides belive me the anime that they showed on Cartoon Network isn't all that great. I strongly suggest you should rad the manga and see the difference. Yeah. Much, much much better. And it would help if you strayed away from sites such as SOS....they refuse to belive the fact that [spoiler]Sailor Uranus and neptune are gay! They have to make up this story about how Uranus use to be a pronce in a former life. yeah like [i]that's[/i] more beliveable.:rolleyes: [/spoiler] It seems they go out of their way to make up fake stories...

[COLOR=GREEN]I don't think they'll be putting SM back on the air for a while. The last time it was on CN is was only on for about a month or less (I can't remember). Anyways, because of that, all of the credible SM sites are severly outdated. I've given up any hope of seeing Stars dubed, let alone shown on TV. (They won't show Ranma 1/2 for the same gender switching reason)

Well, anyway, my favorite character has either got to be Lita (I don't remember her Japanese name) or Saiya.[/COLOR]

First one I saw... It was really good at the time. But now that I've seen better, it isn't as good as I thought, the skirts too short, too funky hair, and too just... bad plot. When I like it I was obsessed with Sailor Saturn though, she's the only reason I keep watching the same episodes over and over. Too bad they are not going to make anymore, it would havbe a real shot at today's viewers with just a bit more of a.... hook.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssjSolarPrinces [/i]
[B][COLOR=GREEN]Well, anyway, my favorite character has either got to be Lita (I don't remember her Japanese name) or Saiya.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Lita's Japanese name is Makoto ^_^

I have to agree that watching Sailor Moon now is quite a different experience than when I first watched it a long time ago when I was still in junior high. I used to love it like no other when I was much younger, and when I go back now and rewatch a few episodes that I've recorded, I find that it's more than a little repetitive, and Usagi actually annoys me a lot now, whereas before, I really loved her character. It's not so much the outfits or the hair that annoy me; it's just that each episode ends with Usagi defeating her enemy each time, and the character development is just bland.

I know I'm always mentioning the Live Action version, but I actually find the Live Action a lot more fulfilling in terms of developing the characters. The fighting sequences are horrible, but the characters actually have lots of different dimensions to their personalities which is something I look for. I can finally sympathize with them now, which is something I couldn't exactly say when I watched the anime a long while ago.

~haruno_sakura

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE=haruno_sakura]
...I know I'm always mentioning the Live Action version, but I actually find the Live Action a lot more fulfilling in terms of developing the characters. The fighting sequences are horrible...[/QUOTE]
I think the fight scenes in Live Action series have gotten much better as the series has progressed. The actors and actresses seem a bit more accomplished and perhaps the shooting and editing has improved. A lot of the villains look terrible but I guess that is not going to change.

I always felt that Sailor Moon depended on the interaction of the Senshi, especially given the formulaic villains and fight scenes and the stock transformation sequences. It is great to see the 5 Inner Senshi without all the samey also-rans and wanna-bes tagging along - it's a more intimate feeling. The Live Action actresses have done a good job getting into their roles and relating to one another. Watching Ami and Makoto stick up for Usagi all the time is really sweet.

Another thing about the Live Action series that hasn't been mentioned is that it has spearheaded a Sailor Moon revival in Japan. For example, the manga is back in print for the first time in years. I am glad this series has found new life.

Guest keyblade master
Sailor Moon was the first anime i ever watched but i liked it alot. It's been along time since i even seen this show infact the last time i seen it I was in 5th grade and i am now in 8th. The whole point of the show and storyline is long since forgotten from my past and i only remember 3 of the characters I still remember the end of the last episode. I think the anime was good though.

THATS ALL

[quote name='Swordmaster13']I like Seiya from the Salior Stars.I think he's really nice and cool even though he is a she.Oh well I still like him.I really hate Yaten he's moody and as for um I foreget the last ones name .[/quote]

Just incase anyone wanted to know, the Seiyuu who did Seiya's voice passed away a few years ago from Leukemia...kinda sad...