OtakuBoards

Sailor Moon

Shy

I agree with everything you said Bouncer! What thy did to Sailor Moon is, was, horrible. Sailor Monn was really my first manga ever. I still remember going to the back of the bookstore sit down cross legged and just read till we had to go. Such good memories....and when we were little me and my friends would play SM too. I'd be Sailor Moon, Jessie would be Mars, and Kristy Jupiter. Yeah bout' her. Uranus was DEFINALTY the strongest and toughest. *nodds head* It would be nice if they brought the anime back to Toonami(sp?) but they'd probably ruin it. Do you know how much censoring they'd do to the Stars seson. It's be so little the whole season would be less then 20 minutes...and it'd be an insult. I wouldn't say it's my FAVORITE manga but it will always have a special place in my heart...okay that sounded bad I'm just gonna stop typing now.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color="666666"]
Sailor Moon, was infact he first one of the first Anime I have ever watched. First time I saw it I was hooked, plus the lovely girls helped.

Anyway, I wish that Cartoon Network would air Sailor Moon once again so I can record it. I dought they will though. When I was younger and playing with my neices I pretended to be Darien/Tuxedo Mask. I know, I know, Lame huh?
[/size][/color]

I really loved this show! All those cute scouts in the little uniforms take me back. I used to pair my sisters Sailormoon action figures up with my Ronin Warrior action figures and have a good time. I really hope that Cartoon Network moves them to Saturday and take that stupid Kinghts of the Zodiac off.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=chocolate]
I just found a tape with some of the [i]last[/i] episodes of [COLOR=deeppink]Sailor Moon[/color], [SIZE=1](dubbed to german[/SIZE]) and boy did that bring back memories. I really didn't like it the first time around, but I think that had something to do with the horrible dub [SIZE=1](swedes do not make hot dub-material)[/SIZE]. when I saw it the second time 'round [SIZE=1](german dub)[/SIZE] I was really hooked and saw it back to back.

what I want to know is ([SIZE=1]since I'm not familiar with the uncut version or the manga[/SIZE]) what is the difference between what I've been watching and the original thing?
from what I understand one can't state anything about [COLOR=deeppink]Sailor Moon[/color] unless you are not familiar with its origin. which makes sense by the way.
I've read a translation of the manga somewhere, but I don't think that can be compared to the real deal.

I wish to learn, so go ahead and enlighten me :cross:

- Mimmi[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SadClown [/i]
[B]I think it's arguable that Sailor Uranus is the "tough" one. Anyway, you can't really appreciate Sailor Moon untill you've seen the original Japanese version. What DIC and Toonami did to it is unforgivable...But Sailor Moon set the precedent for all Mahou Shoujo anime/manga forever. [/B][/QUOTE]

I TOTALLY agree.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please edit your post and tell WHY you agree. Otherwise, it will be considered spam and will be deleted. Thank you! *QA*[/color][/size]

[color=darkviolet]Oh, that anime brings back so many memories!:) A friend of mine and I used to write fanfics and do fan art during biology. (this was back when i only saw the dub and had some crappy fansubs) It got us in trouble, but what the hell?:devil:
My favorite inner was/is Makoto/SailorJupiter and my favorite outer is Setsuna/SailorPluto. I even went as Sailor Jupiter for halloween. oh, that was fun
Interesting fact tho, there is now a sailormoon live action show in japan. Either of these sites will give more information:
[url]http://www.prettyguardian.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.genvid.com/PGSM/[/url]
Also, if you want to see funny stuff done to a chibimoon doll go to:
[url]http://adequate.com/chibiproject[/url]

okay, that's done and over with, what's for dessert?[/color]

[COLOR=deeppink]Variety is the spice of life and if you don't like it, get the HELL out of my kitchen![/COLOR]

To be completely honest, the only reason I watched that anime was to see Haruka and Michiru. The other characters- particularly the Inner Senshi- seemed to be very cliched stereotypes of female characters; the brain, the beauty, the hothead, the ditz, ect. I couldn't relate/to identify with the characters very well, as I'm _hardly_ a staple cliche of feminity, so I gave up on the series (which I has only started watching in its final stages). Perhaps not one of my _best_ descisions, as many of my friends loved it, but still...

Guest rttocs77
Did anyone here watch the fansubs of sailormoon? Ah, those were the days...

I also cannot believe that during the S seasons on CN they made Micharu (sp?) and Sailoruranus (i forget her name of the top of my head) cousins!! Are you kidding me?!?! I can't beleive they did that. Also, what would have been the problem if they were partners? I think it's so stupid they are afraid to put a gay couple on american dubbed anime shown on CN and other stations.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]I really loved this show! All those cute scouts in the little uniforms take me back. I used to pair my sisters Sailormoon action figures up with my Ronin Warrior action figures and have a good time. I really hope that Cartoon Network moves them to Saturday and take that stupid Kinghts of the Zodiac off. [/B][/QUOTE]

they are not scouts.....they are senshi (which means soldiers) :D

ohhh sailor moon....fond memories..i grew up on it...okay before you say wait how old is she????....i saw the un dubbed version in CHina...it was great !! then i came to the US and saw their dubbed version...made me cry...i dont really like the anime that much becasue i think the manga is much better...the story is less monster of the week and the characters actually mature...

I also like Sailor Moon, well i used to, but not anymore. It is also the first anime i've seen on TV. My fav character was Sailor Saturn. Even though she turned into an evil person, i like her still because of her nice personality. She's always quiet, friendly, nice, and sharing. I just love hher character. And the evil Saturn (I forgot her nam) She's also okay. She's pretty, but evil. ^_^

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CharmedImmortal [/i]
[B]I also like Sailor Moon, well i used to, but not anymore. It is also the first anime i've seen on TV. My fav character was Sailor Saturn. Even though she turned into an evil person, i like her still because of her nice personality. She's always quiet, friendly, nice, and sharing. I just love hher character. And the evil Saturn (I forgot her nam) She's also okay. She's pretty, but evil. ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it's Mistress 9 or something like that...

[COLOR=purple]It was Mistress9, and she wasn't evil Saturn, she was another embodiment of Hotaru along with SailorSaturn. Hotaru was so cute tho, but I felt sorry for her since she ended up being friends with ChibiUsa.
I do still watch SailorMoon from time to time since I finally got the third season on DVD and I have all of the last season except for episode 198.
IMO tho, the show could've done much better without CHibiUsa. That girl was a screwed up little brat[/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink]I would sell my soul to the devil, just as long as you were in heaven- Michiru to Haruka in Sailor Stars[/COLOR]

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiHorsewoman [/i]
[B][COLOR=purple]
IMO tho, the show could've done much better without CHibiUsa. That girl was a screwed up little brat[/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink]I would sell my soul to the devil, just as long as you were in heaven- Michiru to Haruka in Sailor Stars[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

No kidding, that is the reason why the SuperS season was so horrible. The only decent episodes were the last few in which the proverbial **** hit the fan, and you get to see [spoiler]Galacta being released and the mirror thing[/spoiler]

Also, remind me again, anybody, who is Chibi Chibi-Usa? I know she is the even shorter girl that never says anything with red hair, but I am totally drawing a blank on her purpose... I haven't seen Stars in a long long time

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please do not double post. Just go back and edit your original. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]

I love Sailor Moon, but I've never seen any episodes past where they meet Sailor... Sailor... Sailor... Ugh! I can't remember her name! The blue one, one of the inner scouts.

Anyways, I'd love to see the whole series, especially with all the Sailors together. I'd think it'd be cool to have male-sailor types. Like... Sage Moon or something. Just a thought.

[color=chocolate]Chibi-Chibi is this one : [URL=http://members.fortunecity.com/bunnychiba3/ccdollcute.jpg]http://members.fortunecity.com/bunnychiba3/ccdollcute.jpg[/URL]

Not to be confused with this one:
[URL=http://members.fortunecity.com/bunnychiba/funnylittlebunny.jpg]http://members.fortunecity.com/bunnychiba/funnylittlebunny.jpg[/URL]

- Mimmi[/color]

ChibiChibi is the extremely kawaii one, ChibiUsa is the extremely incestrous one:laugh:
ChibiChibi is actually [spoiler]Galaxia's starseed. She sent her out after sealing Chaos in her body I think it was incase she turned evil or Chaos took over her body or something (which it did)[/spoiler]
ChibiChibi is [b][i]not[/i][/b] ChibiUsa's daughter or even Usagi's second daughter. Tho I bet some people probably wish that ChibiChibi was Usagi's daughter instead of the incestrous demon child.:flaming:
Now what about those Star Lights?:cross:

Guest rttocs77
[B]
Now what about those Star Lights?:cross: [/B][/QUOTE]

Why were they women in the maga as singers, and men in the anime?

weird :shifty:

[QUOTE]ChibiChibi is actually [spoiler]Galaxia's starseed[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
in the anime, yes.
in the manga... nooo... but then again, sort of still, yes... :rolleyes:

according to the starlights themselves [spoiler]they changed into men to get their message across easier[/spoiler].... but I dunno...there might be some other reason for it...hrm.

they do that switch-thing with quite a few people over the seasons.
like the guy from the first season that they turned into a woman-like person. Zoizite ?
and then there was the fish-bird/guy, in the circus season. same thing there.

I have no sensible answer I guess...

- Mimmi

I like Sailor Moon! I didn't know that anyone else has ever heard if it!! I'm not alone! Fun! I would have to say that Sirena(sp.?)/ Sailor Moon is my favorite. Her hair is cool. I feel sorry for Hotaru. I never saw the last episode! Was it a movie? If so, which one? PM me to tell me, or to be my 'buddie'.PLEASE!:sweat:
e-mail= [email][email protected][/email]

The sailor starlights are [spoiler]women[/spoiler]. Always have been alway will be. At least in the manga anyway. In the anime they change into women when they henshin(aka transform but I probably spelled it wrong anyway...). Now ChibiChibi....in the manga at least she is [spoiler] The ultimit for of sailor moon, salior Cosmos, aka the strongest scout of all times. Or something like that. But anyways she ran from the fight against Chaos in the far, far future (and I mean FAR!) thinking that if she had destroyed the caldurn then that Chaos would not be here if not as strong as she/he was(in the manga it refers to Chaos as both he and she so it's your guess as good as mine which gender it is if any. Of course they do call it SAILOR chaos and only women can be sailors so...i'll stop the rambling now for both our sakes....) So she changes into ChibiChibi and along the way helps out here and there when Usagi is in trouble.(emotinally or physically. All her friends ended up dieing before she even knew who was doing the killing anyways....) But in the end she knew that th choice she had made orignally the best choice and that she never really have fully destroyed chaos and that she would stop being a coward and go back to her fight in the future, Which she did after after returning the astroid seshi back to the future.[/spoiler] that is basically the history of Chibi Chibi. T least in the manga anyways :toothy: Yeah and hate to be mean but rttocs77 no double posting. It'd be a shame if you were banned when you just signed up...Please go back and edit. Actually I don't really care....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mimmi [/i]
[B]
according to the starlights themselves [spoiler]they changed into men to get their message across easier[/spoiler].... but I dunno...there might be some other reason for it...hrm.

they do that switch-thing with quite a few people over the seasons.
like the guy from the first season that they turned into a woman-like person. Zoizite ?
and then there was the fish-bird/guy, in the circus season. same thing there.

I have no sensible answer I guess...

- Mimmi [/B][/QUOTE]

ZOicite was only turned female in dubs do to his [spoiler]relationship with Kunzite.[/spoiler] This never happened in the manga at all since there were always rumors of his [spoiler]relation ship with SailorMErcury.[/spoiler]
FishEye was also turned female because of his sexual orientation in the Manga. Hawk Eye just dressed in drag for some unknown reason in the manga. In the anime he was never given a Zoi-change.
The starlights [spoiler]were never men changing into women in the manga, Toei did that on their own in the anime along with all the other fun stuff[/spoiler]

[color=firebrick]I come to the conclusion that it's been far too long ago that I watched this show and therefore have lost some of the plot :P

Thankyou Chibihorsewoman for straightening out my perplex statement/mind. I really should pay more attention to things.

I really don't see the point in the changes made in the transission manga - anime.... but then I don't run the show : )

- Mimmi[/color]

Guest rttocs77
[B]ZOicite was only turned female in dubs do to his [spoiler]relationship with Kunzite.[/spoiler] This never happened in the manga at all since there were always rumors of his [spoiler]relation ship with SailorMErcury.[/spoiler]
FishEye was also turned female because of his sexual orientation in the Manga. Hawk Eye just dressed in drag for some unknown reason in the manga. In the anime he was never given a Zoi-change.
The starlights [spoiler]were never men changing into women in the manga, Toei did that on their own in the anime along with all the other fun stuff[/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous. I can't believe censorships here. I want to buy the Turner Broadcasting Network (which owns CN) and put Gravitation on during the afternoon...un-edited...That would show those ignorant, biased parents out there.

I still can't believe they made mercury and uranus cousins...:eek:

^^ Neptune and Uranus....Ah the Sailor Moon anime, such good times. Personally I think by making them cousins, that is even more disturbing. I'm sorry, but I would never touch my cousin the way they do...

Its funny how gender confusion, androgyny and homosexuality are all prevelent in anime and manga, yet it is considored all taboo in real-life terms in Japaense society.