OtakuBoards

Favorite Zelda Boss

lumberjack80

What is your most favorite/least favorite boss to play in the Zelda series and WHY?

My most favorite boss was Goht from Majora's Mask simply because there was a very unique way in which you beat him (strap on the Goron Mask and hit and run him continuously). Very nice.

My least favorite boss was the Armos Knights from Link to the Past. To me, they were very unoriginal and quite boring to play.

My fav boss had ot be Twinrova form OOT. It was neat to absorb and refire their attacks, and you had to watch where they were firing. That and I did have fun beating the crud out of Goht.

My least favorite was Gyrog from MM. It was s annoying ot have ot divein to hurt him, and you couldn't quick kill with the Great Diety Mask. That and whatever one you had to hit on the tail in Link's Awakening. That was just annoying.

That one you had to hit the tail of in Link's Awakening was the third Pendant's boss(Moldrum is his name, by the way) in Link to the Past, and once you hit him twice he'd go into a frenzy and speed up. Very annoying, especially if you fall to the floor below, then you get to do it all over again! Joy.

My favorite boss would have to have been Morpha in OoT. Sure she was annoying when she picked you up, but the majesticness of it was awesome! If not Morpha, then the Wizard Agahnim from Link to the Past. I liked the way you had to beat him-- with a net. You had two options: 1. Deflect his magic with the sword, or 2. Deflect his magic with the Bug-Catching Net. Either way was great.

[color=indigo]My favorite Zelda boss has always been Mothula in A Link to the Past. The moving floor, tons of constantly moving Spike Traps, and three-way beam attacks from Mothula, not to mention trying to hit the thing while dodging all this, adds up to one of the most frantic boss fights in the game. I love it. The only problem is that, if you use the Fire Rod or Tempered Sword, it's over way too quickly. I should see if I could do it using only Sword Beams sometime.

The Kholdstare fight, also from LTP, comes in a close second. There, you've got three moving targets and falling chunks of ice that shatter when they hit the floor, making three smaller chunks of ice fly out from the point of impact. Again, however, the Fire Rod makes the fight too short. I should try using only the Bow & Arrows next time I play through. [i]That[/i] would be a challenge, considering how slow the arrows travel in LTP.

As for my least favorite boss...hmm... I think that'd probably be the single Dodongo that is the boss of Level 2 in the original Legend of Zelda. Even Aquamentus is harder and more fun to fight than a single Dodongo. :twitch:[/color]

My favorite boss has always been Blind the Thief from Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It wasn't actually that difficult but that's not what you're thinking when you actually fight him, heh. It starts out very easy but when he has two heads flying around shooting fire at you, with a third head shooting lasers at you, you're pretty much pleading for your life. I managed, somehow, to beat him with just a quarter of a heart left. My palms were sweaty as hell afterwards lol.

My least favorite boss would be that Dodongo, as well. *yawns* Boring...I could've beaten it with my eyes closed...

Well, considering the fact that I have this thing against wussy end bosses; I don't know maybe it's the fact that there is no challenge whatsoever involved, I have always loathed the end boss in Majora's Mask. It was, in my opinion, the most dissapointing thing (yes even topping the bad story ending) in the entire game. It's almost as easy as fighting Desbreko, notice the key word is ALMOST.

Edit: Ooh wait, I had an epiphany! I just realized Desbreko's comeback, and I'm going to post it before he does. Why? Because I'm just that sexy!

Desbreko: Almost as easy as fighting me eh, that's still not as easy as banning you...

I always liked fighting the twin witches at the Spirit Temple in OOT. I probably like fighting them the most because after you defeat them they start fighting about who was younger and how it was horrible to die, ect. I just always like that for some reason. I also thought it was a bit more challenging because their were 2 of them, but they wern't as hard a Bongo Bongo (is that right?).

My least fav. is the boss in the giant fishes stomach (been so long I don't remember the names x.x) Not only do I hate the boos, but I also hated getting threw the fish. Yeah, the boss is pretty easy, but hate him anyways.

• 2 months later...
My favorite boss? Definately the Helmaroc King from the Wind Waker. the darn bird wasn't nearly as fun as Goht of Majora's Mask, but what I was doing while battling the Helmaroc King was fun!

Me: *bashing on the helmaroc King's feathered head with the skull Hammer* I've been working on the raaaaaaaaaaaailroad!
Friend who happens to be watching: :sweat:

Ah, good times, good times.

My least favorite boss would be...Bongo Bongo. I don't know why. I just don't like drummers, and LoZ bosses are no exception!

I apologise to all those who play drums and were offended by this. No one's complained yet, but just in case...:angel:

I forget the dragons name but That really cool lava dragon serpent in OoT inside that volcano. It was fun trying to beat it and making strategies of where it would appear.
I also liked King Dodongo in Dodongo's Cavern. I used to be obsessed with Dodongos because of the way the king looked^^

My least favorite was that boss in Lord Jabu Jabu's Belly. It was annoying!!!! So was the miniboss....the Squid. grrrr... bad memories lol.

My favorite for the Majoras Mask game would be Goht because it was interesting how you had to find ways to hit him and all that.

My favorite enemy is Ganandorf's Shadow from Ocarina of Time. He was just like fighting Ganondorf at the end of the game. He is kinda hard to defeat because he hides in these pictures and pops out of one and trys to attack you.

I also like the Volvagia on Death Montain with its flames. It is one of the coolest dragon in the world.

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Favourite Boss, there are a few to pick from.

[B]Favourite Boss:[/b] I suppose since it's been so long in terms of playing the other games in the series I can only remember really enjoying fighting [b]Jalhalla[/b] the Boss of the Earth Temple in the Wind Waker. I mean what's not to like about this Boss. I mean fighting him is light being a ghostbuster and at some stage everyone wants to be a ghostbuster, plus even if you kill all but one of the Poes that make up Jalhalla he can reform himself. I also found that when I fought Jalhall it reminded me of the final fight with Bowser in Mario 64.

[i]Other Liked Bosses:[/i]
- Volvagia (he's a giant Dragon for God's sake what's not to like)
- Helmaroc King (The boss fight is great plus this giant armoured turket doesn't look half bad)
- Agahnim (Being able to swat away magic with a bug-net merits this guy a spot plus the fight was also good)

[b]Least Liked Boss:[/b] A few different contenders for this title too, but one does stand out from all the rest and that's [b]Puppet Ganon[/b] from the Wind Waker, I never found his first two forms troubling or even difficult but that last one, the kind of the catepillar was just the greatest trial of my patience. I mean hitting his tail was pure luck sometimes and I am thankful that I kept three fairies constantly.

[i]Other Unliked Bosses[/i]
- I'm trying to remember back to A Link to the Past but it's been a long while since I've played it. The Giant Worm or something in one of the early Temples in the Desert I remember that fighting him turned into a bit of a nightmare and I died a good few times before sussing out his weakness.
- There are other from LttP I just can't think of them.[/size]