OtakuBoards

Plastic Surgery: Good Idea, Bad Idea?( please mature audiences only!)

Emme888

Alrighty, First of all im 15, and I need to sort of know what to do so i can know If i need to start saving for thesurgery or not?

I want and think I need breast enlargements, I have currently size A breasts, and i want full C cups, but my friends think that me being a 5'1, size 0, and 112lbs, that my "new" chest would look tooo funny, and would look wrong for my body type and such!

I think i need them, but im not sure if I should?

And I need to know if guys really care if a girl has plastic surgery or not? or if they think less of her afterwards?

And I would get the salt water implants, so that the new breasts are not as hard as rocks. I need advice from both girls and guys?!!!!!

SO please help me.

if you get surgery you will only attract shallow guys, and waste your money. i dont think anything less of you though, its your choice to make. thats just my opinion

What can we say? What do you want us to say?

You sound like you're more interested in attracting guys than how you feel. Would you be able to stand the looks from your friends/classmates/whatever?

Imagine what they'll be thinking, imagine the leering looks from the guys, and the snotty looks from the girls.

Imagine your friends, your family getting embarassed. I mean, one day your A, the next time they see you... Full-C.

How would they feel about that? How would you feel under their stares and comments?

Now, balance all that against your wish for bigger boobs. If you find it worth it, then do it. If not, back out now.

Myself.... a girl with a well proportioned figure is good, yes it is appealing. But I don't know how I would feel if she got her breasts "enhanced".

Probably more grossed out than anything else.

Might I just recommend you check it out and research it all first.

Breast implants are great. Hilarious situations ALWAYS occur because of them. Like in that Seinfeld episode where Jerry dumps the girl he's dating because Elaine tells him her boobs are fake. Then later it turns out they were real! Hah!

So yes, you should, so such funny things happen to you as well.

From that description, you sound generally attractive. Larger breasts might just make you fall over...........

I would have to agree with with the good Baron here.

Also, speakign as a guy, but not for all of us. I know that I personally would rather have natural than fake.

Besides, your 15, you'll grow.....probably. Can't say for sure though.

Interesting... Now why would C be bigger than A? A (or S) is always supposed to be the best, unless they didn't want people to think big is best... Maybe it's "B is for best?" :whoops:

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the relative sizes, but, IMO, too small is better than too big in this area (hehe, area).

Guest Crimson Spider
Watch out. Occasionally your body will reject the implant, and it will try to purge it out of it's system. And your breasts wouldn't look better immediatly. They would look like crap for quite the time until you grow into them.

I say don't. A Poll showed that most guys don't like large breasts, and actually PREFER small breasts.

[color=green]I used to be very against plastic surgery. i thought it was for shallow people who needed the approval of other shallow people. I am kind of changing that opinion. I think that, for some people, it helps with their self image. You sound like you have an attractive figure. Don't worry so much about attracting boys, in the long run, it's not going to be the breats that keep them around, you know.

Look into yourself and ask why you really want this. Also, look into other way you could be happy with yourself and improve your self esteem... Keep in mind, you are 15, youmay still grow...[/color]

[color=#707875]Emme, my personal opinion is that you should wait a few years until you make any decision. You're only 15...wait until you're about 20 or so, before you really decide what to do.

If larger breasts are going to attract more men, then you have to wonder what kind of men you're attracting -- and whether or not it's really worthwhile for you.

And if you're making this decision with the aim of attracting men...I don't think that's necessarily the right reason. Plastic surgery is an option for some, but generally, I think it's more a question of whether or not you're happy with the way you are -- regardless of what others say or how they react.

I think that for now, you should forget implants. Wait until you're older before you revisit the issue. There are so many risks associated with implants...and at your age, I think it would be incredibly tragic for anything to go wrong.

But that's just my opinion. I don't think you need larger breasts to be beautiful; if a guy falls for you, he's going to love your body no matter what, because it's [i]your[/i] body. [/color]

Guest cloricus
Honesty (not lying) as a seventeen year old male it personally makes no difference in who I'm attracted too and out of all of my friends I only know one person who cares but when it comes down to it he doesn't take all that much notice with the people he dates. It's a waste of money especially at fifteen.

First of all, if you are paying $5000 to make your boobs bigger, do it for YOURSELF, not for some pervy men on the street.

I've known two people that have gotten breast implants, the first did it because after pregnancy, they didn't look...fabulous. The second did it just because she wanted to look better.

You're only 15? Don't even think about this until you're like... 22... o_O

Guest rttocs77
Plastic surgery is not a bad thing. If you want it, and it takes that to make you feel better about yourself, then go ahead.

On another note, I think girls are a lot more lucky in terms of plastic surgery. Plastic srugery can fix most 'problems' plaguing (sp?) women nowadays. Guys on the other hand have to workout constantly and worry about not losing weight.

Lucky you.

I seriously suggest you reconsider your decision to get them. At 15 years of age, your body is still growing and will keep on growing for the next 3 to 5 years. Also think about the reasons behind your decision to get them.... Are they really worth the pain, risks and the finance??? (The minimum you'll be paying is around $10,000 for a surgeon who knows what they're doing!).

[size=1]At the moment, I'm the same age as you, and I can't say I don't know any girls who have seriously considered plastic surgery. However, I don't know anyone who has.

At fifteen, you haven't fully developed. Some girls get their breats earlier than others, and some other girls develop later. You could still get bigger naturally.

And if all else fails, you could always get pregnant! :p

Don't get anything done yet. At least wait until your body is mature enough to cope with it. Take a few years, until you are absolutely positive that you want to go through with this.[/size]

In my opinion you should not worry about this. Speaking from my own opinion, if a guy likes you it should be for you and you shouldn't have to feel like you need to cahnge for somone to truly like you. You sound like a nice girl ad should not have to fel insecure about yourself. This is just my advice, it might be worth to you what it costs, which is noting, but please consider it.

Guest cloricus
One question... Where do these people get 10k$ US from for some thing as stupid, or at all!?! Like really save it until you're 17 so you can get a kick arse car when you get you're licence! I'm not sure what these people?s parents do but to be able to spend ten grand without any qualms is a weird thing, over here I only know a few people who have had plastic surgery and they have all been for cosmetic reasons after some sort of accident, then again I don't live in America and people might not value themselves as much there?

Guest rttocs77
10K won't buy much of a car. 10k is not that much at all for plastic surgery. My mom's friend got an eye lift and it alone was 20k, granted it was one of the best surgeons in the world, but still.

I am all for it.

Emme888 i think you should wait, you are only 15 and still have the chance to grow naturally. im 18 and still telling myself i can still grow naturally :p regardless it still comes down to being your decision, if it is what you want then okay. mind you this is just me speaking, but i am in the same boat as you, well i mean i am taller and weigh a bit more but still am the same size. so anyway do what you feel is right, but i agree with Cloricus about the car, save up money for that insted, its not like boobs can get you to your friends' houses or out with said friends. :D

Plastic surgery doesn't buy self-esteem or self confidence. It may buy friends, but who wants friends who only want you for your looks.
Of course one of my friends want to get her thighs worked on, but she's married and has two kids, so maybe I can understand that. Except that she's only 24.
In my humble opinion, I think [plastic surgery should only be done in extreme conditions. Or if it's like on those Extreme Make-over shows.
Of course, you realy shouldn't think about plastic surgery if you're under 40 (except for this girl I know, but we're not going there.) since you still have time to grow out and learn to enjoy ypour body for what it is. Including those moles and lines.
Ooh, I didn't read about the boobs! I can do so much with this!:laugh:
I'm 5'4 164lbs and I have a size 40C. That's standard for a lady like me. On the other hand, my mother-in-law is 5'2 92lbs and a barelyA (my husband has more chest!) of course, that's standard for her. Then there's my aunt marty. She's 5'2 and has 44DD and back problems. Trust me, you're better off w/o them. You'll look funnier than I don't know what if you're dumb enough to get something like that being so skinny the way you are! And You're boobs won't sag either!:laugh:

I just want to say that if you think that buying breast enhancement will make you more attractive, you can try. But I personaly think that the true friends and good friends ,that is, don't care how you look. Im not saying that guys who go out with girls due to their breasts are shallow (we'll, just a little bit) but if they are just after your looks and maybe sex, get different friends. Just a tip

[color=deeppink]
I would advise you against this, and strongly so. The human body is beautiful, in all its various forms. I could spend all day, simply drawing all the shapes and sizes I see. You are beautiful.

To me, to alter that, to alter the natural beauty you are born with is a sin. Like some half-wit poor excuse for an artist trying to change a masterpiece because he thinks he could make it look better. But in the end, it looks terrible.

The only excuse for plastic surgey, I believe, is because there are serious medical implications if you don't have the surgery, or you were in an accident and they are simply trying to piece you back together to how you used to look.

Other than that...no. I cannot and will not agree with such a thing.

If you don't like the way you look now, plastic surgery won't do a thing. When all is said and done, you'll just find something else to hate about yourself. Learn to accept your appearance; you're only fifteen. Most teenagers struggle with self-esteem issues, and implants are [i]not[/i] the answer.

It disgusts me that anyone would spend such exorbitant amounts of money on a cosmetic procedure. There are times when surgery is necessary, but I doubt that you really, truly need it.

My advice is to donate those several thousand dollars to charity, rather than waste them on an impermanent solution to a problem that ultimately exists purely in your head.

~Dagger~