OtakuBoards

Excel Saga

TheDarkOtaku

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:therock: Well Projekt[Navi] it all depends on people's taste and exposure not many people are able to get their hands on some of the anime you listed. Personally the ones you listed are funny but Excel saga for some reason has a much more slap stick approach that appeals to american fans much more then that hyper active humor stuff and also somewhat south Park ish humor. :)

It basically depends on the person, and so far it seems like Excel Saga appeals to more then I even anticpated.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got Volume 1, and I gotta say this: Unless you watch plenty non-mainstream animé, you won't get half of the jokes. Kinda like Scary Movie.
I have even noticed that sometimes the backgrounds feature a joke all by itself, and the horrible dubbed voices add a lot to the game. You haven't seen Pedro until you hear him in English!

• 2 weeks later...
[color=orangered][size=1]GAH! I feel so left out! I am dying to see this series but I don't have any money! I have watched the little advertisment for it on my other DVDs and I have watched it OVER AND OVER AND OVER! It's the funniest thing I've ever seen! I like the little shoulder angel and devil who are fighting with each other. But yes, me and my sisters are definately pooling for this series.[/color][/size]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I do believe that [i]Excel Saga[/i] is one of the funniest anime out there. Well, it should be, since it's its only focus. However, I jut found a few episodes funny, and others I just forced a laugh.

[i]Golden Boy[/i]... now THAT is comedy.[/color][/font]

• 2 months later...
Guest Watinabe
This anime known as the Excel Saga is the funniest thing to hit the face of the anime world (Roughly in competition with the american animated comedy Venture Brothers which is also a riot) But as I was saying I have seen the first four dvd's and was wondering what you think of the series your self?:therock: mmmmmmmm?

[color=hotpink][size=1]I'm sorry I edited your post, but I just get very offended at the use of "GD." *QA*[/color][/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I haven't seen this series, but I've really been wanting to. I saw the previews for it on one of my DVDs and I watched it over and over again because it was so funny. I've heard alot of good things about it, so I figure I'll see it as soon as I get some money and I see Chobits and Love Hina. ^_^[/color][/size]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I have the 5 released DVDs, and I'm in the 3rd episode of the 4th DVD. [I]Excel Saga[/I] has some VERY funny episodes (the baseball one made me cry in laughter all night ? my favorite), some decent ones, and then some downright boring ones.

So, it's an overall funny anime, but [I]Golden Boy[/I] takes the cake as the true funniest anime around, with the [I]Ping Pong Club[/I] not too far behind.[/color][/font]

Guest Watinabe
My personal favorite (episodes) are the ones with the child loving Scientist and the Robomotsues I just couldn't stop laughing (and I'll never be bothered by your kind editing;)

I've only seen volumes 1 & 2, butthat's enough for me to be impressed. Somehow, with all the madness going on, it still manages to keep multiple storylines (that often cross) going. Also, the amount of jokes packed in every episode is amazing, even those that are put accidentally.
Pedro, for example, is my favorite character in the show. His tragic story is funny in a cruel way. And those who've seen shows like Cliffhanger and Cowboy Bebop will absolutely love Nabeshin.

Guest Watinabe
I dont know where they come up with the titles but it's funny to here them when Excel tells all about the next episode in incredibly fast diolog. My favorite character is the child loving scientist he really likes those cute little girls but hey he's a super genius and the girls make him pretty outragous.:laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Psyco [/i]
[B][color=teal][size=1][b]*tries to hold laughter back...*

BWAHAHAHAHA! I love this anime.It's so freaking hilarious! The Stick and Ball was the funniest IMO.

Look's alot like [i]Slayers[/i] though.[/b][/size][/color] [/B]
[/QUOTE]

Poser! You really haven't seen it have you, you just copied me. j/k I thought it was funny that you had the same thing though, espicially right after mine. Looks like slayers, what do you mean? Style of drawing...you can't mean story. Anyways, I've seen up to the fourth DVD and want to finish it soon. *Hopes for TPE to get more Excel Madness*

Nabashi...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpyderDragon [/i]
[B]Looks like slayers, what do you mean?[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1][b]Gotta edit my post...

What I mean is that the humor and goofballingness(Is that even a word?).Y'know what I'm talking about right?[/b][/size][/color]

Guest Watinabe
It's all about the battle between Pedro and Gomez LOL ^_^ but any of you think the hentei episode will be released in America*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Watinabe [/i]
[B]It's all about the battle between Pedro and Gomez LOL ^_^ but any of you think the hentei episode will be released in America* [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]A hentai episode? O_O

Well, if that's the case, the DVDs are already rated +17, so maybe it was rated that way in the first place because of said episode. Plus, it's on DVD, not TV. Hopefully ADV won't take anything out.[/color][/font]

I saw the first excel saga dvd. I didn't like it that much, but the songs were very enjoyable. so I might give it a try again. When I first saw nadesico i hated it but liked the songs I now own the entire VHS Series and the dvds, plus a lot of nadesico toys, comics , etc...

Guest Watinabe
The songs are very enjoyable but I heard from someone that there last dvd or episode is a hentei comedy* and the U*S* editing worried me.

Guest Super Ryaman
(hehehehe).....
The hentai wont be relesed. Think about it, There holding back steel angel kurumi zero. That has some sex, talk about suicide, and some depressing stuff. Excel-saga's last episode (26) is all about sex.
ADV wont release it unless more americans start watching this anime. So i think you should all go out and tell your friends about this anime, I did. *looks at Watinabe*.......(hehehehe)

Guest Watinabe
I can only hope that it comes through but if it doesn't hey their's always the other 4 dvd's LOL they'll do just fine^_^...looks at Ryaman err...