OtakuBoards

Excel Saga

TheDarkOtaku

This trully unique comedy has something for everybody. I picked up the first two volumes the other day, and I must admit, they pick on Bebop and many other popular animes pretty well. For anyone who has seen it, I think Nabeshin is the hippest, most comedic, "afro-haired" , karate hero ever. :D And the whole "Quack Expiremental Anime" logo is a great joke on Lain. It's just great. Period. :) Any opinions?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 26 TV episodes. There's basically no full-fledged plotline to speak of, although basically the main character, Excel Excel, has just graduated from high school and decides to join an evil organization known as ACROSS. The leader of this organization, Ilpalazzo, assigns various tasks to Excel and her partner that appears in the next episode. Excel is your average insane teenage girl who is insanely devoted to her insane leader, Ilpalazzo. To add to the fun, in the next episode, a Martian princess named Hyatt appears in a stasis pod. We see why this is in the next episode. She is very delicate and is prone to hacking up blood every few minutes, or rather, seconds. She also dies every 5 minutes or less. And don't forget that Excel's first mission is to assassinate her manga artist. Well, that's basically what it's all about.

[size=1]I really didn't understand this show until the second episode or show. I am a huge anime fun, but at the same time I think that anime is too cliche filled to parody. Even classics like Evangelion parody anime as a whole (fan service, anyone?) so I thought that there wasn't any new ground to cover. I was wrong.

This is definitely one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. Everything is so completely illogical, and the characters are complete idiots, I love it. I have only seen the first volume though, but I can't wait to get my hands on the others.

-Shy[/size]

NABESHIN!!!!

yeah, i love this..ive watched the first 5 eppies about 20 times each...many of them with my friend mislav..i havent found the 2nd dvd at best buy yet, and they had the first for 18 bucks, so....im waiting...dont spoil anything for me..

i read an interview in newtype with a producer of it, and he dresses exactly like nabeshin.o_0

I just bought this the other day, and I just don't find it very funny. T.T Some of the jokes I thought were funny, like their nextdoor neighbor that doesn't say anything... ^-^ I dunno, overall I thought it was okay, but I didn't find it hilarious...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
A great anime comedy, it places highly on my favorite anime comedies. The first episode in which she kills her own creator was rather funny. Two Thumbs up for the show, way up! ;)

The best part is in episode 7 or 8, i tink 8, when excel has eaten a ton of food and is really fat and lying on her back, and she's having trouble brething and then goes" I'm.. sexy"..

seriously.. I lvoe it.. next week I'm gonna buy vol. 3..... i hope there are as many easter eggs as vol. 2...

[color=teal] i Love this anime so much!! it's like awesome to me!

i own all of the volumes that are currently available! and to be frank i didn't like the 3rd volume that much!!

i Love Excel Excel! it's my goal and mission to become just like her!! i Love her! all of the cast is kool! [/color]

i Gather from yall that it has its ups and downs.

[size=1][color=teal]PLEASE put more detail into your posts. I don't want to see spamming like this from you again. If this continues, I'll be forced to refer you to my superiors. -Syk3[/color][/size]

I really love this anime. I love in how in the first volume, Pedro wakes up nest to The Will of the Great Macrocosm or whatever. and he screams "NOOOOOOO!!!" it is SO hilaripous. the Puuchus are pretty funny. In the beginning of the first episode of the second volume, where Koshido Rikdo is giving his permission to turn it into a survival drama and he lets the puuchuu cut the riope it is so funny when the puuchuu says :See you in Hell."

Well, thats it for today.

Guest Projekt[Navi]
I don't see whats so " funny " about this show ... I guess this type of anime isn't really my style ... the only prop I can say about the anime is that the japanese voice acting is incredibly done .. I wonder how the dub will fare ..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai [/i]
[B]The best part is in episode 7 or 8, i tink 8, when excel has eaten a ton of food and is really fat and lying on her back, and she's having trouble brething and then goes" I'm.. sexy"..
[/B][/QUOTE]

OMG, that must have been hilarious! It just shows how much of an idiot Excel truly is. Of course, because of the Laws of Anime, she will be back to normal weight in the next few minutes. :)

Guest Projekt[Navi]
I don't actually understand why this anime is so damn appreciated when anime such as FLCL or Azumanga Daioh has done " hyperactive humor " much better ...