OtakuBoards

Deja Vu

Tom222666

Has anyone ever been standing around someplace and got an intense feeling of Deja Vu? I was standing at a street corner by my house and got a flick of a memory that hadm standing there for a long time. That made me know I had been there before. I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else and if you would share.

Usually for lunch I go to my sister's house, since she lives nearby. When I leave, I walk down her driveway.

When I came back from my two-week trip to Japan, I went back to school the next day and went to my sister's house for lunch as usual. As I walked down her driveway, for some reason, I was really struck with dejavu. I never got it with anything else, but walking down the driveway did it to me after I came back.

Guest Crimson Spider
Deja Vu, huh? The sensation that you are doing something you've done before. Not that uncommon. Usually it's in your memory somewhere, and you just don't recognize it. An example:

My sister draws decent anime. One day, she got inspired by something and decided to just free-lance draw. Nothing special. So she comes up with a drawing of a girl. Not really her best work, but pretty good. But then later on, she saw me playing a videogame that had anime-style characters in it, and found herself staring her drawing right in the eyes. Except on the game! What happened is that she's seen her before, and when she decided to draw, the idea she had was obtained from a dormant memory of a character that I had while playing a videogame.

Just a rough example. My minds dead right now. Be back later.

Well, I have more deja vus than original living.
OK that didnt make sense let me rephrase. I am in De Ja Vu more often than when i feel like something is coming original.
I hate the feeling of De Ja Vu, noone arounds me understands it or me when I go through it.
I dont know there was this period of time where everyday was a deja vu...sad.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I always have deja vu. I always feel like i've done something before, I mean [i]all[/i] the time. I always feel like I've dreamed it, or actually done that or been there. Even though I know I havn't, it's so weird. Then I'll see something that I feel I've seen before, but I don't recall. Or I see something and it might keep going by, but I think that is just my eyes playing tricks on me. *shrugs* Who knows. But yes, I have definatly had deja vu.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]It's a glitch in the Matrix, no need to worry. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]*Laughs* I see that you and I are thinking on the same level today. ^_^

I have Deja Vu all the time. It's pretty weird, but I always have strange dreams and so sometimes I truly do forget what was reality and what I actually dreamed. Every now and then I get a spell of Deja Vu and it'll usually be something that I dreamed.

My mom has had this happen to her, as well. She remembers having a vivid dream and then it coming to pass. Neato, huh? ^_^[/color][/size]

I get Deja Vu every once in a while. I just wish I could remember what happens after I get the feeling all the time. Last night was one of the few times I actually did remember what happened. A couple of my friends were playing Mario Kart DD and they just finished one of the tracks in a cup. They were happy because they were so far ahead in points than I remembered that on the next race the computer was going to seriously whoop them and it did happen, they got eighth place.

My Deja Vu comes from dreams but not sleeping I get mine from day dreaming.

i have deja vu`s quite often, it also has the meaning that you have a talent(depending on how often ofcourse) to learn precognition.
because that moment that comes to you, not that one with no deja`s can`t do it.
for that person it would just take a bit more practice.
but they can be real helpfull too, you can change the future by just altering the situation you are in, just walk away or say something else.
remember that, it could be helpfull.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GrimmFang [/i]
[B]I get Deja Vu every once in a while. I just wish I could remember what happens after I get the feeling all the time. Last night was one of the few times I actually did remember what happened. A couple of my friends were playing Mario Kart DD and they just finished one of the tracks in a cup. They were happy because they were so far ahead in points than I remembered that on the next race the computer was going to seriously whoop them and it did happen, they got eighth place.

My Deja Vu comes from dreams but not sleeping I get mine from day dreaming. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=gray][i]Oh yeah, mario kart gave me extreme de ja vus. I hated it after awhile, thats the only reason why is topped playing it. Now playing the new mario kart games will give me memories of the old mario kart.
i dont even know why MK had so much de ja vu.[/i][/color]

I have deja vu almost every day. Most of the time, I just see things in my dreams and then it becomes real a few days later. But a few times, I have deja vu and I remember dreaming it when I was, like, really young. A few times, not often, though, I get a premonition when I'm juststanding there ot talking to my friends and then a few days later, it happens. deja vu is really weird...

Guest cloricus
[quote]It's a glitch in the Matrix, no need to worry.[/quote]
Yes we are currently working on the problem, something about a black cat and brick walls.

Deja Vu could be anything though logically it's your brain linking a sensation to a memory that you might have previously been unaware of to alert you of some thing in the surrounding that you may have missed for what ever purpose. Though not thinking logically I have no idea and although it's happened to me a few times I've rarely cared about it although it is really weird at the time.

Well, I've been experiencing deja-vu constantly, on more than one level. The most common is when I'm sitting in school thinking, 'didn't we do this yesterday?'. But then again, there's the other kind of deja-vu, which everyone has at least once in their lifetime.

For example, one time I was just sitting on the bus, and I looked out the window at some bush/small tree/shrub. Then, deja-vu. An image flashed in my head of a man bursting out of a bush right in front of me. What was weird was that the guy had a katana in his hand. O_O

Hey, maybe reincarnation is real. I, for one think it is, but hey- you never know. *X-Files Theme Song*

I have Deja Vu.. regularly. I used to have it almost every other day, but I haven't had it for a while now.

I get it from dreams, or I'll just remember doing something, before I've ever done it. Hah. I think it is reall cool and... fun when it happens, and will generally say 'Deja Vu' whenever it does.

Speaking of the Matrix.... I'm off to see Revolutions today!

^_____________________________________________^

haha.

[color=blue][size=1]I've had Deja Vu before, but normally in things or at places I've never been to before. Say I visited a city in Russia, I'd be more likely to get deja vu THERE than if I were at my school. Anywayz...

I do recall a certain time when I had deja vu. It was when I was waiting for the bus right after school. My friend was waiting, too, but her dad arrived and she offered me a ride home. So just as I sat down, I had the feeling of deja vu, even though I was almost certain I hadn't been in that car ever before.

There have been a number of other instances where that's happened to me, but I don't remember them as clearly. Well, that's allnez. Laterzez!!

~Meownez... >.<;;~[/color][/size]

HA! Finally i can say this to people who can relate to me.. I have Deja Vu Two to three times a day... And everytime it happens i seem to growl i nfrustration. I myself have no idea why it happens. Like i have never been to a place... and it happens as i get there. Or most of the times i walk into my school during lunch and Jessie throws something into the trash... i get that feeling... really bad. Or just in every day life at home.

Short story Short... I get it 2-3 times a day and its frustrating. I wish i knew why.

I think everyone here has had deja vu.
I've haven't had deja vu in quite awhile. I used to have it a lot, by feeling the sensation when one time my teacher was passing out papers and I knew it was a certain kind of paper, and I was correct. Friends at my table though I was crazy until I realized it was part of my memory. Then I told them it was deja vu, and they turned away saying I was stupid. Yahoo I feel so special.

Deja Vú is simply your bran and sensory organs getting mixed up and regestering the same situation/smell/tough/sound/image twice. We'll use the eyes as an example. Your eyes register the image and start to send it to the beain, on the way, it slws down and your brain just gets another coppy of that image from eyes, the new image ond the old one arrive verry close to each other, creatimg the sence that you have seem this before. all this happens almost simutaniously.

does that help to explain it?

Then what about those that have dreams about it before it happens. Normaly I dream about what the deja vu will be a couple of months before and forget about it. I normaly get deja vu's every one every couple of months but it's happening more often. I've had deja vu with people i've never met before so it couldn't realy be a repeat of things you've seen before.

[color=deeppink]

Deja Vu is pretty creepy. I'll get it once in awhile...I'll be standing somewhere, and I'll have the strangest feeling I've been there before. That I've done this already. But for the life of me I can't remember if I really did, or it was all just a dream. It doesn't happen too often, but enough so that I've been freaked out a fair number of times.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]My mom has had this happen to her, as well. She remembers having a vivid dream and then it coming to pass. Neato, huh? ^_^[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

That has happened to me once. I dreamed about this small, oddly shaped room, with a door in the back that I couldn't open. Then, when we were looking at houses in SC to move into, I actually saw the room, door and all. I tried opening the door...and it was locked! Needless to say, my 5-year-old self thought it was fate.

We actually ended up moving into that house, and the room that I dreamed about became mine. It's pretty strange, some of the things in this world.

Then again, maybe it's all just some errant program in the matrix. ;)

[i][color=lightpink]I have had Deja vu on several occassions. I will dream about things happening and they do eventually. I dreamed that my friend told me that she was moving, and a week later same situation and coversation she turns to me and tells me. I found it interesting. So this is like preconesis (sp?)??[/color][/i]

I have had dreams like that too. exept, they are usually very usless, or extremly important. like... *mist apeares and vanishes* like when...

[I]i was sitting on a rock ontop of a waterfall, and then a tree is about to fall, but my friend who is sitting in the path of it doesnt notice and i dont either until...
i have a day-dream where it was excatly the same but the tree fell on my friend...
so i snapped out of it and a moment before the tree fell i yelled at my friend to move. and then she only had a few scratches. [/I]