OtakuBoards

What does life mean to you?

Mage of Asgard

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Swordsaint [/i]
[B]If life is bad, then do something to improce it already! [/B][/QUOTE][color=sienna][font=comic sans ms][b][i]
I agree. People just don't realize how much in control they are and instead of pulling themselves together they whine and jump off high buildings. The thing is, in despair they forget one powerful asset they have - themselves. It's impossible to change the family when that gets on your nerves, but you can always change yourself. As there is always that possibility... heck, a certainty that it's all your fault. I'm not trying to diss annyone as that's a technique I use on myself as in "that's all my fault I should have given my sister that piece of chocolate I could have well survived with out it". Now let's say life is a game and you're the only charecter with human inteligence. In the end you'll realise that by controling you'r charecter and making all those unpredictable moves, you can control all of the mindless AI's runing arround with preset reactions to predictable action, so if they end up attacking you, there is something you could have done to get them off track and avoid that. Stuff that happens to you can not be happy or sad it's you who becomes happy or sad according to that stuff, but then isn't this kinda wimpy to let your mood be so passively changed by stuff? Be as strong as you are not as week as you pretend to be.[/color][/font][/b][/i]

Thank you Rokas! couldn't have explained it better myself. ArunueShekamari, yes it can be hard to improve your life if your are at rock bottom, but if your there and staying there, it's just laziness and unwillingness to climb up keeping you there! Very rarely is someone trying to keep you from climbing up when your down that far, unless they're extreme sociopaths.

I also had read a post of yours several days earlier and you were trying to kill yourself then. your either not in 'true' despair, like most of the suicidal are, or your being really sick with it and draggin out your suicide to be agonizing. I can only say this, if you honestly are contemplating suicide: DON'T YOU DARE DO IT! THERE'S TO MUCH TO LIVE FOR! Take it from me, I've come within an inch of killing myself before, then I thought about what I would be leaving behind, my family, my friends which weren't many at that time. The things I would never see, or do. So at the moment when I was going to plunge the knife into my throat, I made a choice, to try to better myself and improve my life. I went through 2 years of therapy, the second on medication, I made new freinds, I did a better job at controlling my temper, and know I realize how freakin stupid it would have been for me to die by my own hand.

I'm being honest right now, life is to precious to be tossed so easily aside like that, no matter what your situation is.

I'm glad to say that my life is alright. My school life is especially good as I've made many friends and established a reasonable reputation to everyone, although by no chance am I considered popular. Life is really what you want it to be. No one can really decide your life ahead of you, except for you. If a few bad things have happened to you in the past, just remember "Humiliation is a virtue. Only through humiliation do we truly find the person inside all of us." That lesson alone can guide your life.

[QUOTE]

I also had read a post of yours several days earlier and you were trying to kill yourself then. your either not in 'true' despair, like most of the suicidal are, or your being really sick with it and draggin out your suicide to be agonizing. I can only say this, if you honestly are contemplating suicide: DON'T YOU DARE DO IT! THERE'S TO MUCH TO LIVE FOR! Take it from me, I've come within an inch of killing myself before, then I thought about what I would be leaving behind, my family, my friends which weren't many at that time. The things I would never see, or do. So at the moment when I was going to plunge the knife into my throat, I made a choice, to try to better myself and improve my life. I went through 2 years of therapy, the second on medication, I made new freinds, I did a better job at controlling my temper, and know I realize how freakin stupid it would have been for me to die by my own hand.

[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=red][I]LOL! Yeah! you think your smart?! Some people like me can't get from rock bottom...its hard...and not just because of lazzienes! I went throught 16 years of therapy and I'm already on any medication for it known to man! I'm still not better...the thing is...people say "killing yourself wont solve your problems" The thing is...I have no problems to solve...I'm just mentaly and emotionally unstable! There! and that isn't as rare as you think! And also...I already tried suicide recently...it didn't work...so...I promised someone that if it didn't work then I wouldn't try it again...and I guess I'll have to keep my word...so your lucky...damn...[/I][/COLOR]

[color=violet]Life means that no matter how bad you feel, you can still get some pleasure by annoying the crap out of someone who hates you.
Okay, maybe that was a bit off, but I'm hyper because I get to see my husband in a few hours and I haven't seen him in over a month!
Life means that you still have a ways to go before you get stupid because you're always learning something. Mind you, there are different degrees of stupidity, but some people have further to go than others.
There's no clear definition of what life is.
But what life means to me is I can still wake up, hop out of bed, and slide down the railing![/color]

Life is what you make of it. Life can only be what you make it. Life can be good, if you follow what you know will reward you in later times. Life can also be bad, if you make choices that will result in you or someone else getting hurt, physically or emotionally.

I see many people saying that life is bad, and they hate it. And I know many people will say 'But I can't control if my life is bad or good.' but you can. Little things help all the time. What can you do? You can help that one person who needs it the most. You can sit down and talk with your parents and tell them how you feel, in a calm, mature nature.

[b]Or[/b] you can hang out with the crowd at school which you know isn't right for you. You can back talk your parents and get yourself grounded or yelled at. You can take a rumor to heart and get in an unnecessary fight.

You either can or you can't - it's your choice.

[color=crimson]"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die."
~My Favorite Quote

That is my policy of life, even if I do think life totally sucks and is getting worse. But, I still dream and live on, no matter how easy it would be to lay down and die.
Another quote: "When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling; live your life that so when you die, you are the one smiling and everyone else is crying."

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

[quote]there it comes?the unrequited alone that has no name
the thing which seeks but has no brain.
it comes in irrelevancy and shouts in the rain
pouting nothing?feeling all the same.

time to bury the effigy?bury it deep
bury it where no one can keep.
make it shout, shake, and reel.
peel like skin, flaky but slim.

death to hang
that keeps us all alive
as we drive and scream:
"Hallowed be thy name."

death to hang
that keeps us all alive
as we drive and scream:
"Hollowed be thy name."

place your hand upon the way?
make it to salvation, the place we feign.
what if reality is reality, and fiction is rang?
the ephemeral telephone that answers with a bang,
a drawn-out speech to kill what thinkers say.
no reason, just blame.

"Hello this is fiction,
hello dear sir?
i wonder what reality needs to blur,
when he-who-must-not-be-named is here.
he-who-must-not-be-named, his son died for you?
the bleeding sealed the pact
live for him, live with act."

And quite aside?with sniding voices' eyes?
"I am fiction, and the difference between i and reality?
the difference is that i must be real.
beatific plane lies far away?
the place where you want to grace?
the place where you want to be!
do you turn your back from this? from these?
without nothing there is nothing to appease?
think about, think about it hard."

and fiction hangs up
and the line is blearing hell
the moaned damnation that expels.

happy-handed and hanged
life is a felon man
getting caught over and over again
with the same reasons against him against him.

the police officer, fat and obese,
with large hands and a doughnut talks to life:
"Come man, why you always break the la'?
why you gotta do something that ain't good at reason to it now?
why you gotta be so seasonal and so getting into trouble?
i think you're scared of what's going to happen now?aren't you.
you're gonna be to court, then you're gonna be in jail,
then maybe you're just gonna get the 'lectric chair and die?
it's gotta be something like that, sall right though?sall right."
and the officer, fat and obese,
the rule-man fat with power,
he eats his doughnut, and chains life in chains.
saying that life doesn't need to be having so much fun,
but he needs to be hanged.

all the people in this society play are actors
and they sigh and exclaim
"Oh dear god!"
"Oh dear me!"
"That's just life, you have to do it!"
"Don't ask me!"

and walking, those without their chains?
those chains gained from rule-men fat with power?
they just laugh at all the people in the society play.

when the curtains open each day,
the faces opening, going about their ways,
the people that really matter are death-eyed slaves.
and they just laugh at all the people in the society play?

and they say things they say:
"Working?working is for the insane."
"Interdicted, we fall framed."
"Ashes, ashes, we all fall down."

the smart ones?the ones that know
they say these things
they just laugh at all the people in the society play.

the society people are horrid actors,
and they smile with no face.
and they shuffle all over the place?
going here and there, there and here?
going round and round and round weird.
exclaiming there's nothing to fear.

life is a piece of paper on the bench
at the park in the middle of the trees
writing itself on the blank white
as seasons changed?the leaves fell from the trees
and life still wrote what he believed.

and he believed in living
and love that was true?
writing special arrangments to geniuses?
the ones who knew.

life is a rock rolling endlessly down a hill?
and as the ages go by, the hill keeps growing.
the rock keeps getting smoother, softer and less there,
while the hill gets greener, more fair.

life is a tree growing from the ground
eating the sun up and being quietly sound.
his leaves grow each year, and each year they are found?
on the ground.

life is a kiss being patted on lips
the feeling that captured all?and that captured this.
the red things that are so kind, the things that are most beautiful?
the natural finds that were found.
nature's nature abound.

life is you life is me
but life isn't anything.
life is you life is me
the way you move the way you breathe.
life is you life is me
how i feel and how i see.
life is you life is me
the way we cringe as we bleed.

life is you life is me
and it's meant
to just be.[/quote]

[size=1] Above is a poem I wrote last Sunday I believe it was. The basis of the poem tells in a kind of postitive (which isn't like me) way what life is to me.

Life isn't anything to me and it's everything at once--and I'm so mixed that I don't care what life means to me. Life's meaningless if you look at it hard enough, and I've gotten to the point where I think it shouldn't be guessed what life is about--because in essence that isn't what life is about. Life is about living and being--not wondering what life is.

In accord with this, here's a more negative poem:

[quote]
at church we worship our lord jesus on the cross
we cup our hands and eat his bread and wine
tasting the mechanics of divinity that is divine
then we all take our black goats and kiss them on the head
we eat the babies until they are dead

baptized little barbarian in his chains
came to the pool at the crucible of the church to pray
brought by mother and father today
brought to be accepted the tribal way
the chrism oil will cover you it is fragrant
you have just been born from your womb to stave
welcome baptized little barbarian in chains
at this church we worship our lord jesus on the cross
don't believe? just read the bible and its marching scribes
the marching of the pigs will eat you up in time

babies have wide eyes and know nothing
they cry at their mothers and fathers when they want
they are selfish and brats they deserve depravation and seclusion
tender hearts and brains are so easily allusioned
so easily pollutioned

we eat babies until they are dead
humping riding we give them life instead
the nature is our answer because lord jesus said
the nature is our answer because god gave us
and for him we bled

you sweet fragile meticulous chiseled swine
it is too bad that the jaws will hug you and gnaw you bones
too bad you will emerge engorged with fear and dread
they expect you to be dead

we eat babies until they are dead
humping riding we give them life instead
the single cells augmenting skeletal shred
when they grow too big to breathe young and small
we eat them and gnaw until they are dead

the new maggot that emerges has no wings
the new maggot that emerges has no skull
it is bare with its snout and tooth
it is bare with its empty head and alone

jesus will deliver you when you are grown
when you grey and rot to dilapidated drones
then the plastic earth will eat your bones
and through them the single cells
will augment a new skeletal shed
and through them
you will be dead

you will realize how meaningless it is to survive
and that the best thing there is to do as a human
is to stay alive

my baby bones are achin down the lines
my baby bones are achin all over my eyes
oh catch me from the storms
my baby bones are achin down the lines
my baby bones are achin all over my eyes[/quote]

I refute God and show my anger towards being baptized as a child when I couldn't comprehend religion--as well as say that we go about our lives nourishing children, and then when they grow up we tear them to pieces and make them go to the real world and see its ugliness, nourishing them thus for nothing. Here's another negative poem:[/size]

[quote]the brain is more powerful
than you will ever know.

my bones flew
to the sky.
they cracked
like fire.

it was beautiful.

angela's ashes
indeed.

ashes look like flowers
to me.
like dead roses.
and dead dreams.

the brain is more powerful
than you will ever know.

words are ashes.
indeed.

little thistle
made up of thorns
that webs together.

these are words.

why love love
when it's only a word
and why live life
when it's absurd.

because it's beautiful.
that's why.

all a-crickly and a-crack
and i will scream my yawp
all over the world.

just like old saint walt.
and no one else.

civil-disobedience
take me away
to the pond
a game of where's waldo.

i know where he is.
in the ashes of words.
in the dirt
with the worms.

and thoreau is gone
in them.

ashes is a word
that just seems to mean
what it means.

just like rain
pitter-pattering
or bats
grimmer-grammaring.
("no no no, a verb has to be.")

it sounds like something
that sucks life.

what a vacuum
of space.

i won't waste my time?
i don't have it to waste.

just go to college.
get erased
become a pencil
and write in graphite
and grey.

and up in the sky
i'll look at me from my flubby skin
wondering who would win?
the bleeding hearts,
or the snobs.

something like
insanity.
and doorknobs.
each opens a door for another
and bleeds open to another.

the snobs and the
bleeding hearts,
the queen of spades.
or maybe, if the schoolteachers feel gay,
the king of queens, with a smirk that says,
"i know what you want, babe."

and so do i.
you want ashes.
dust to ashes and hashes.
exclamation points with commas for heads
from being cut open wide and dead.

a trail mix
of legs,
things that are only for walking
but nothing gained.
those are what
the grimmer-grammaring bats
want to do.

and i'm just as brainwashed
as a cup of stew.
all full of rotten vegetables
and yellow blue.

sick with fact,
and sick in fact,
i'll sail away.
go to providence.
my home away from home.
my brain.

the brain is more powerful
than you will ever know.

and my hand?
it is a tendon of my brain.
and my leg?
it is a crutch for me in vain.

and me?
i am a slave.
[/quote]

[size=1] I go to say that nearly nothing in this world is absolute, and that the brain is where I feel most alive, and that I will go about my life getting more and more brainwashed by society to the point where I won't even feel anything any longer.

To the point where I'll be a slave.

I also say things about grammar, and how I think it's useless--another organized interdiction. That was the main basis of the poem, actually. Anger towards people and censoring writing as a personal tool which can be amazing when utilized so.[/size]

Life is a privilege; it's something many people take for granted or throw away. But, at the same time, it's a miracle we can never fully understand. It's something we always question and explore, something we try to validate with meaning.

Sometimes life is an upwards struggle; it can even be downright unfair. There are things we wish we could change, and other things we hold on to, and minutes we'd like back. People treat one another badly on a daily basis. I?m sure everyone has said something they regret; they wish they could go back in time and take it back. But, you see, that's what's so beautiful about life: it's a learning experience. You just kind of have to move on and take what you've acquired with you and apply it to other situations so you don't repeat the same mistakes.

Basically, life is a tough nut to crack anyway, though. It's is a time for us to figure out what we hope for and it's a time to develop the perseverance to live inside that hope. There are almost always difficulties along the way, sure. But, isn't life all about meeting them?

I'm not always optimistic. Sometimes I watch the news and I'm ashamed over the way people live. I see it with my own eyes sometimes firsthand. There are just genuinely bad people that like to hurt others. I'm sure we can all list 'em. It's all you ever hear about from the media.

They rarely ever show how people's characters are defined coming out of something like that though. Because people do genuinely care about one another and have the courage to come out of bad times (like the families who've lost children due to the war in Iraq, for example) they come away with a greater understanding of just how much they mean to one another--and how precious life is. There are a lot of people who have to go on with the hope that things will get better for themselves--and if they really want it to, it will.

So yeah, there are times when I think life sucks. I have bad days, days where I'd rather just stay in bed. And, I think that people in general leave a lot to be desired. But, eh, growing as a individual and becoming wiser is definitely something I'm thankful for having the opportunity to do. I probably wouldn't be able to enjoy all that life has to offer or suffer through all that perils that life brings with it if I could life a thousand times, but I have this time. It may sound overly poetic and corny. It's special to me, though.

[color=blue]There's no point in asking the meaning of life. Whatever you think it is, it's just a delusion you've given yourselves to mentally cloud yourself from the simple fact that we have no point. We give oursleves the reason by which we live.
There are people out there who haven't given themselves something to live for yet.
Go listen to the intro to "Third Eye" (live) by Tool. It will help you on your way to realising that nothing has a point. Well it helped me anyway. Its good to know that you have no reason for anything though.
It helped me to realise that what I do wouldn't matter if this lifestyle of order and rules hadn't been forced on us. All in all, this point of view has means that I have a greater tendancy to not worry about whatever it is that I'm doing, which is great, because taking things too seriously gets people uptight and distressed.
Don't ever do that to yourself. It's all your choice.[/color]

Suicide is the cowards way out. Those who are truly brave and strong search for their light, no matter how dark the situation. You are one of the weak, for you have given up/refuse to being strong, ArunueShekamari.

by the way, I never said that rock bottom was rare, I said 'one of those rare instances where fate has conspired against you...', and if 'millions' of people kill themselves like you say, why do we have the overpopulation problem?

And you say you have no problems to solve, your just mentally and emotionally unstable...then fix it! It's not impossible, just hard. If you are one of the strong, and not one of the weak and cowardly, then you'll find your light and make yourself stronger.

[color=#707875]Oh, let's not go [i]there[/i] again. ~_^

What life means to me? I don't really know. "Life" is such a broad term.

When I look back on my life, I see a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. But in general, I'm happy with the way things turned out. Even the bad things that happened to me taught me valuable lessons about how to conduct my own affairs.

And I'd have to echo what Charles says, about seeing the negatives of humanity. Whenever I hear about the Israeli/Palestinean situation for example, I always feel sick. I feel sick largely because it's something that [i]can[/i] be resolved, if not for blind stupidity and ideology on both sides. It makes me feel hopeless about human beings.

But at the same time, I'm generally optimistic. I feel that things will usually go in the right direction -- in the less hurtful, more sympathetic direction...if that makes sense.

I say that because I believe that deep down, pretty much all sane human beings want the same thing. What do we really want? We want to be happy. We want to live in peace. We don't want to fight or argue with others. At least, I don't. So yeah...I think that most people have the right motivation when they live their lives.

For me, there are big moments in life that I have experienced (like high school graduation and discovering love), and there are big moments that I really [i]want[/i] to experience -- like truly pursuing the career of my dreams and being financially independent enough to make my family comfortable and safe.

But on a day to day basis, there are lots of things that I find pleasure in.

I find pleasure in simply talking to people on AIM for example. Sometimes the smallest little thing in a discussion will make me smile and keep me smiling for the rest of the day. Those little things, that remind you how sweet life can be, are wonderful.

I don't know what else to say, I guess. I just try to focus on the positives and I try to work my hardest to make my own life comfortable and to leave a positive impact on others.[/color]

life...no one knows...the only thing that life is is driving me insane...this thred is probably giving out a lot of contriversy...its a good discusion...but this thred got me into a big fight with my friend...yeah...just moments befor he died to...I showed this to him and...we began to discuss it...we started to argue and he got hit by a car...I took him to the hospital and we began to argue some more...he used up the last of his life arguing with me...his last words..."Shut the **** up! No its not wort to fight-"

If it was up to me I'd see this as starting to cause problems...but countinue your conversations...I can't close it...

I wish not to answer this question from the above because only the foolhearty would do so.

I belive the meaning of life is sureall beacuse the only meaning of life is what you give it ....yourself.
The true meaning of life is a mere mirror of you.
The only way to realize life is to come from the bottemless pits of despair and realize you have to go living not to live but to die.
To leave all those painful thoughts or I could have should haves behind let them die with the old you who was lost.
Then when all this happens you will realize the true meaning of life is to die and begin finding who you are each day.

I've found that out but I'm not dead yet I hang onto things I should not and I linger where I should move on.
so I live to die and find out who I truly am.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mage of Asgard [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue]What does life mean to you? If life is good, why? If it treats you bad, why? I'll tell you mine now. I have yet to discover the true meaning of "life". It treats me bad, no matter how good I treat it, and it treats me great when I don't want or need it to. Many people say that it's a silly reason to not like life, but my family sucks too, and I'm underage to get a name change or leave home. Well, I was just wondering what life meant to everyone else out there. I told you what it meant to me. Please respond. This board is also to be used for suggestions about how to turn life around, and to discuss your problems and try to get help. Thank you to anyone willing to read and reply to this Board.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred]My answer in this is i have yet to discover the true meaning of life
just recently i've become to change it to that from things such as "life has no point. i cant wait to die" but life does have a point no matter what you think about it
you just have to take the time and find it.. you may not even find it untill you are old *shrugs*
but life has a point.
just wait and see :] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Suicide is the cowards way out. Those who are truly brave and strong search for their light, no matter how dark the situation. You are one of the weak, for you have given up/refuse to being strong, ArunueShekamari.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred]I am tending to think you have never been through a suicide period before?
because its not all that you think.
and it isnt the cowards way out.. believe me.. if it was you'd be calling the most strongest people you know a coward because sometimes you get to a point where you just cant do anything and the world is so tough on you and you cant do anything you can even get back on your feet and it doesnt mean they have always given up or refused.. they could of tried and tried and still not of gotten anywhere
suicide in my opinion is a mind set but *shrugs* its not the answer and its not something i tend to like anymore.. i hold a strong disliking for it now.. but you dont care about that so i'll shut up [/COLOR]

I did have a point in my life where I came about an inch from comitting suicide, so I do have some conception on what it's like. And you don't have to shut up RawrKijett, you have your opinion and I have mine, and you to aruneshekamari. I feel that suicide is a cowards way out because I had given up the will to live, the courage to keep trying to better myself and my surroundings. At any rate, post your opinions, I wont say a thing unless the post be directed at me.

Happy holidays! :D :) :D

• 2 years later...
I'm not sure....we just live. We have a chance at life so just live it. COnsider yourselves lucky that you're on this planet. One day we will die. Somtimes I think what's the reason to live if I'm going to die to the point that I think I'm going to kill myself just by thinking that. But live......find your life.

[quote name='Gavin][color=#707875][size=1][i][b]Life:[/b] A tricky bastard to understand at the best of times and an absolute enigma to comprehend at the worst.[/i] As it stands my life is just coming back togther as of a recent injury that has changed a number of things in my life at the moment and for the forseeable future.[/color'][/size][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS]HOLY CRAP!! Gavin [I]actually[/I] started a post without [I]Interesting. Most interesting.[/I]!! FEAR THE APOCALYPSE!!(No offence Gavin, you rock!)

Ok, back to the topic. For me, life is [I]amazing[/I]. I'm not saying it doesn't have its rough moments, but for the most part, it's goin' pretty well. I have a great family, awesome friends, and pants(Because what could be better than pants?)
Anyway, life was not always great. I remember when I was 12 and 13, I was [I]very[/I] depressed. I'm not gonna go into details, but I'll just tell you it was pretty bad. Then, one day, I woke up and thought "My god, I'm an idiot." I guess I realized I was wasting my life bein all [I]depressed[/I] and such. Then, slowly, I became the bubbly little turd everyone knows and puts up with.
[B]The Noodle has spoken....[/B] [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]TigerFantasy17[/B], this thread died back in 2003. Please do not bring back long dead threads from over a year old before consulting a moderator about if it's appropriate or not. Please remember this for future reference. If members would like to continue on with this topic, feel fre to create a new thread.

[B]EDIT: [/B]Oh, there already is another thread on this topic. All the more reason to close this one.[/FONT]