OtakuBoards

What does life mean to you?

Mage of Asgard

[COLOR=royalblue]What does life mean to you? If life is good, why? If it treats you bad, why? I'll tell you mine now. I have yet to discover the true meaning of "life". It treats me bad, no matter how good I treat it, and it treats me great when I don't want or need it to. Many people say that it's a silly reason to not like life, but my family sucks too, and I'm underage to get a name change or leave home. Well, I was just wondering what life meant to everyone else out there. I told you what it meant to me. Please respond. This board is also to be used for suggestions about how to turn life around, and to discuss your problems and try to get help. Thank you to anyone willing to read and reply to this Board.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=darkblue]Life... life is alright for me. I'm happy to say it's not horrible. It has been fairly well to me. But really, you can't say life is just the way things turn out. You need to make your life worth living. If sit around, do nothing and just say life sucks, you will never get anywhere and then, yes, your life will suck. Life is only what you make of it. Therefore, I try to make the best out of mine. But yet again, sometimes things happen that you cannot control, those things may lead to a bad life. If you have bad interactions with people, that too may effect your life and happiness. But those interactions can be controled by you and only you. So normally you control the way your life goes.
As for me, my life is alright, but not the best. That is mostly my fault for making the bad things in life. But some of those things I could not control.
Those, really, are my feelings on life.[/color][/size]

Guest Skyechild91
::pokes alia:: turn off the caps lock, chicka! Life... well, i see it as a game and journey, through which I have to go. Its also sorta like a trial.

[quote][i][color=pink][font=arial][size=3]Lifes a game- feel free to cheat[/quote][/i][/size][/font][/color]

[size=1]I personally think life is fabulous. That's not to say that it doesn't have it's negative moments, but honestly, they're only as bad as you make them. You always have a choice, no matter what anyone says.

It's basically one big learning experience - everybody screws up. It happens. Deal with it, learn what you can from your mistakes, and move on. That's called [b]growth.[/b] And when you've been through the bad, it only makes the good moments that much more special and meaningful. If you can't find meaning.. well, maybe you're looking too hard. Take pleasure in the little things, and don't let opportunities pass you by. If you're going to regret something, make sure it's something you did, and not something you [i]didn't[/i] do.

I say just enjoy each moment as it comes, roll with the punches and take time to stop and smell the roses. Like I said before, life is what you make it, so make it something you can be proud of and happy with. Word.[/size]

Life is wonderful. Life is God's gift to us and you should all cherish yours, for you only get one. My life really is miserable right now though. Things really suck when you are poor. Who says money doesn't bring happiness. It brings anime and video games, and scooby snacks for my dogs, and it brings my sister up for the holidays. That's all that really matters right now.

If you were wondering I put "I haven't yet found the meaning of life." I know the general meaning which is to serve God, of course, but I don't yet know my specific purpose, the plan he has for me.

[color=#707875][size=1][i][b]Life:[/b] A tricky bastard to understand at the best of times and an absolute enigma to comprehend at the worst.[/i] As it stands my life is just coming back togther as of a recent injury that has changed a number of things in my life at the moment and for the forseeable future.

I am lucky I have a loving family and a good life, my injury was treatable and I am looking forward to life as I get back into full swing in time for Christmas coming. [i]Have I found the Meaning of Life yet ?[/i] Nope but I have watched it. Will I keep looking ? Yes and I hope to find it some day.[/color][/size]

What is life to me?
Well, it is, quite simply, life. It has it's ups and downs. There seems to be so much going wrong in my life right now, but really, it's not that bad. There's so much good, but people tend to ignore the good and focus more on the bad.

Just open your eyes and see all the good around you. Sometimes you may have to look hard, but it's there. Remember, after all that bad stuff was released from pandora's box, there was also a little light inside called hope. :)

[color=blue][size=1]I have to say, I put "It's okay, things are just turning around." For me, life hasn't been easy, and it probably isn't easy for anyone. But for me, it's been kinda crappy. My parents split a long time ago, my mother's a total *****, she married a freak, and just last year I was failing four out of six of my classes.

Now, it's... okay. My grades are all B's and A's (miraculously), my parents settled everything at court (I live with my dad!!), and I finally got a GOOD boyfriend. Life seems okay, but things always change. It can go from good, to bad, and bad to worse in a matter of days.

That's why I'm keeping a lookout. If anything bad happens...... I'm gonna be soooo pissed, but who wouldn't be? That's all for me.

~Meow..... -.-~[/color][/size]

[COLOR=deeppink]Life is one of those Milton Bradley board games that you can't leave the carsd out or the baby will eat them!
JK
Life is somewhat decent except that I'm seperated from my husband by 1/2 a country and I need some crystal quartz to ward off negative energy for Christmas
But hey, I have a family who loves me, so I'm good, right?
[/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]
Life: To be alive.

Are we not all, I hope, alive? ; )

Truthfully...as long as you are still breathing, as long as you can still think, there is room for change. Life changes by the seconds. Take it as it comes, and hope that some random hitman doesn't come and shoot you down because you kicked his dog as a small child. =)

Seriously. You cannot truly say what life is on a whole, for it is radically different in each passing moment. It is an ongoing process, a play that unfolds as the script is written. It's full of adlibs and amateur actors, but we do our best. Tragedy and comedy appear on and off interchangably, almost faster than we can follow. During the saddest parts, simply look at the actors around you, trying their hardest, and I promise, you'll find a reason not to abandon them.

In the end, one can only hope that the audience will clap.

[COLOR=green]Life? Life's a very interesting question I have yet to answer.

My life's ok, and usually doesn?t bug me, unless I tick it off by doing something stupid. Although more time on the computer would certainly raise my [I]quality[/I] of life by leaps and bounds, that and having all the morons at school disappear...[/COLOR]

Any reasons why, Bloodsin? :rolleyes:

I choose "Life is good, as long as you treat it that way". Lately, I've been getting not-as-good-as-before grades at school, and my families financial status is getting screwed over at this moment in time, but I keep myself happy by telling myself that no matter how bad things get for me, at least I'm better off than those kids in 3rd world countries. XD Yes, it's a mean way of thinking, but it works. Knowing you're better off than someone else makes you feel happy. [SIZE=1]Well, it makes [I]me[/I] happy, at least...^^;;[/SIZE]

All the people who spend their lives posting at forums all about how much their life sucks, they need to stand back for a second and look at themselves, and what they have around them. They're wearing clothes. They have a computer. They're under a roof. So what if their family hates them? At least they HAVE a family. Does life really suck that much for them? No, they're just looking at everything bad in their lives, and blocking out the good stuff, to make it seem worse. They need to think about all the tramps in the world, and realise that their lives aren't all that bad.

Guest Bloodsin
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonballzman [/i]
[B]Any reasons why, Bloodsin? :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]
Because of the "Rolleyes" smilies.
They are the cause of so much death :p

Joking aside,
There's really no need to live when we're all going to die anyway.
Why go on? So in fifty years you can look back and say "What fun!" as your flesh rots where you stand.
The only reason I live is to enhance my spirt.

Life is different for every person. Some know what it is to them and others don't. Some even use to know and then something changes and then once again they don't.

At first I didn't know what it was to me cause I felt like I was in a never ending nightmare. Then I changed my life and te nightmare went a way and I knew what life meant to me.

Now I'm not sure anymore and I'm hoping that one day I will find that understanding again.

For of those you who knows what life means to you I consider lcuky and I hope that you never lose or forget that meaning.

~Charlie Levoy~ :cool:

Life is precious,
Life is opportunity,
Life is disappointment,
Life is sin,
Life is doubt,
Yet Life is full of certainty,
Life is limits,
Yet it does the impossible,
Life is contradiction,
In beatiful harmony,
Life is eternal,
Yet life is death.

That, to me, doesn't even scratch the surface of defining "life", yet life contains all of these things. Life is good and life is bad. The question is, where does your faith lie?

In yourself? Then you are doomed to death.

In others? Then you are doomed to death.

In mammon? Then you are doomed to death.
(suggest you look up "mammon" if you don't know what it is)

In God? Then you are already dead.

Death is an essential part of life. It is the end point of our earthly route, regardless of what you think is after it. Thus how can you not be doomed to death if your trust is in things of this world?

But in faith to God things are different.

But in death to ourselves we gain life. In full trust and weakness we gain power. And in being nothing we gain identity.

Choose not to believe these things if you will, but this is how I define "life"

If any of you wishes to know more or to bash my belief, feel free to PM.

Hmm, Life is like a journey, where you never know what will happen next. I'm learning to live life to the moment. Every thing you do counts, just like every move in chess counts. Sometimes you make a wrong move. But you can't waste your life regreting it. Learn from your mistakes and become strong. Your choices should be yours, don't let someone live you life for you.

To me that summarizes what Life is to me. And Im learning to appreciate it's greatness.

• 2 weeks later...
Life is the path a wandering soul takes to grow and learn. Life is an adventure for the spirit. Life is a game to be played, and replayed. Life...gets really confusing if you ask me. Life is a new expeirience for all people, you grow, you learn, you do and see new things, meet new people, make new friends.

Life is what you make of it with what time you have. I have spoken. :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bloodsin [/i]
[B]Because of the "Rolleyes" smilies.
They are the cause of so much death :p

Joking aside,
There's really no need to live when we're all going to die anyway.
Why go on? So in fifty years you can look back and say "What fun!" as your flesh rots where you stand.
The only reason I live is to enhance my spirt. [/B][/QUOTE]
That's a very sad way to look onto life, buddy. It's not just you who has "no need to live" and is going to "die anyway". If this is the way you look at it, you're better off to die now.

We all live life the same. And with that, some have different views than others. And that's what makes it worth living. With no fun to have, no lines to cross, no fears to face, [i]then[/i] life isn't worth living. And that's exactly what you're doing; making your life have nothing; making it fearless. Sure, live to enhance your spirit. But that won't work if you can't enhance your life.

My life, is my life. I've had my ups and downs, and my good times and my bad times. Just take it as it goes. I'm enjoying life.

Guest MrSonic
Life is bad and getting worse. I hate life.

[COLOR=indigo]Bad? Your stay at Otakuboards will be getting bad if post quality continues like this. ~Drix[/COLOR]

MrSonic...Please lighten up! If life is bad, then do something to improce it already! Being like that is only going to make it worse! ARGH! Dang it, if you've actually hit rock bottom, and it's one of those VERY RARE instances where fate has conspired against you, then what have you got to lose by trying to improve your life? Give it a try if you havn't already.

[i][COLOR=red]its hard to improve things once they've gotten bad...yeah and "Rock bottom" As you say...isn't as rare as you think...millions of people kill theirselves for the hell of it everyday...like me...and its actually getting very common...too common...
and "Lighten up" Isn't the best thing to say...
MrSonic! I second that motion!
Life is bad and for the people who want it that way...well I don't think you can change their minds...and fate...I'm not sure so many people beleive in it any more...things have changed...fate is something that just isn't liked anymore...I envy the people who cant honestly put "I'm enjoying life right now" in this post...because I cant...[/COLOR][/i]