Syn Posted December 9, 2003 Posted December 9, 2003 This is a nice simple little piece that im quite pleased with over all. This piece was mostly just trying out some new fonts I downloaded. The hardest thing for me on this was rounding off the paint drips >>; but I dont think it looks too bad. Plus orange isnt a widely used colour so its nice to see something orangey. comments would be nice.
boothten Posted December 9, 2003 Posted December 9, 2003 [color=#707875][size=1]It's nice, really it is, but I can't read what's on the bottom. It's too blurry. Maybe it's just my puter though. ><;; I like the colors, very vibrant and cheery. Nice job on that. All of the designs on there are good as well, especially the paint drips. Nice job! ^_^ -Lan[/color][/size]
Syn Posted December 10, 2003 Author Posted December 10, 2003 The block font at the bottom is just some funky japaneseyness but there is a small pixel font over it that says "Little Japan". If you have an old computer then its probably just teh blurry screen, my upstairs PC has a pretty ****** monitor so its a little blurry for me aswell. Thanks for the comment though. Nice to see someone taking the 2 minutes out of their hectic lives to post. -_-;
Arcadia Posted December 10, 2003 Posted December 10, 2003 [size=1]Ha, I finally got to it. ^_^ I love the colors - very cheery, as Lan said. The fonts are cool too - at least the one "Kick it" is in. It's like some kind of.. happy, chibi ghetto graffiti type thing. I rather like the tetris-y lego things at the bottom, too. Fun stuff. All in all, well done, and wonderfully strange, as always. ^_~[/size]
Boo Posted December 10, 2003 Posted December 10, 2003 [color=gray]Pixel art overwhelming... O.o;; Well eh, I would say that the blocks could move a little up. I love the pixture though. Nice job Kaisukeh ^_~[/color]
Baron Samedi Posted December 11, 2003 Posted December 11, 2003 Ooh. Kaisuke. Ver' nice work here... especially the top text. I am a massive fan of graff art, and this piece relates back to those kind of roots. Paint drips are awesome, and I love the colour scheme as well as the paint splatters. The block-japanese looks cool, but with the 'Little Japan', perhaps you could space those letters out more? Like, exaggerate their separateness. That would be interesting. Overall, a very good job. Aesthetics: 9/10 Technical: 9/10 *Applauds*
Syn Posted December 11, 2003 Author Posted December 11, 2003 Hee, thanks ^_^. Yes, I admit the text placement near the bottom is pretty poor, but thats because I had to ad the border on last, by then everything was merged. I think the spacing on "little japan" looks ok to be honest, but bleh, thanks for the comments anyways. ;p
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now