OtakuBoards

Most Frustrating Gaming Moments...

Erika

Guest MrSonic
I just got Resident Evil CODE Veronica for the Dreamcast. The 5 zombies at the beginning would be my most frustrating gameing moment. I'm not going to get far in this game...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MrSonic [/i]
[B]I just got Resident Evil CODE Veronica for the Dreamcast. The 5 zombies at the beginning would be my most frustrating gameing moment. I'm not going to get far in this game... [/B][/QUOTE]

Just run by them. ;)

Once I tried, I didn't have a difficult time dispatching them. I was even able to thwart them off with a combat knife instead of the pistol.

But, as I said, you can't beat running past them. The game, as a whole, isn't very difficult at all. You'll see.

On Mario Party 4 I would loose every mini-game.. I got mad as hell and slammed the controller against the floor about 5 times.... I picked it up and teh joystick was super loose.. if I moved teh controller it moved.

Another is Mario Kart Double Dash... On 150 cc tryin to do thespecial and All Cup races... I nearly broke the Gamecube... My second one that is... and i still havent beat the All Cup tour on 150cc.

[quote]I think Code Veronica is the only RE game where the knife is even of any use. You can slaughter all the zombies at the start with that alone, no problem.[/quote] You know, I thought the same thing until my sister told me to slash at their legs. It's a great way to disable/drop them in RE2 and 3.

I would say that the "hardest" part of any RE game is actually get the control scheme down at the beginning of the game. It's more "horror story"-like if you are surrounded by a bunch of zombies at the beginning, but it doesn't exactly give you a chance to get acquainted with the way you move around. Once you do get your limited maneuvering down, it's pretty easy to ignore zombies (and maybe a few other types of monsters).

:D Lost... Kingdoms... II... *falls over*

Most of the bosses were frustrating, then, you beat [spoiler]The God of Harmony[/spoiler] and there's a little cut scene and you've realised that you've beat the game, at level 11, and with 9 hours on the clock. :( good job it only cost me ten quid... :whoops: :D

[size=1] Uh...trying to find that stupid, giant hurricane in Wind Waker. I swear I think I spent two hours searching for it, and I still haven't been able to find it. O_o. I got a massive headache right after, so it didn't help much.[/size]

I agree with Charles, Madden 2004 is really annoying with all the interceptions. I mean I try to throw one deep pass to my WR on 3rd and 10 and out of nowhere there comes this player who jumps in your face and frickin' intercepts the ball....just thinking about it pisses me off. I mean the game is awesome and the graphics are stunning but its way too easy for the opposing team to intercept the ball.

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Whoopsies! Sorry if I haven't been contributing! :whoops:

Wow! I can relate to all you guys!

I don't see how Sem can stand going through all that dialogue in Animal Crossing :cross: all I find myself doing is "B button, B button, B button" with the occasional "A button" for confirmation.

*@#$!!!

Well, another annoyance is the SLOWNESS in the Final Fantasy remakes (Chronicles, etc.) I'm sorry, but I don't like it when games take 5 full seconds to get to the MENU!

And for multiplayer games, I can totally go on! In SSBM, my friend was Donkey Kong, and I was one of the Pokemon (forgot, it was, like, a year ago). He had 2-3 lives to spare, and I had ONE! He grabbed me, and kamikazied into the pit! ARGH!! Suckage!

So, let me rant about Mario Sunshine!

What I can't [I]stand[/I] in that game is the game's layout isn't as fun as Mario 64. The everythingalmostlooksthesame-ness it has. All tropical (of course, I know why), but Mario games ar at best when you can go to [B]different[/B] [I]worlds![/I]

And every Episode, the area changes to what it was to begin with! It's annoying. You can't get Shines in any way you want to. It lacks the freedom I got when I played Mario 64. It's too...linear...for a new 3D Mario game. I mean, yeah, I like the challenges, but I [I]hate[/I] the Red-Coin Hunts (it was fun in Mario 64, though)! Time limits??? C'MON here!

That's an annoyance. The most frusterating thing about games are stupid time-limits.

Grr.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Most irratating moment?

Metroid Prime...
Right After the furnace room not being able to figure out what to do! I kept thinking there was something I was missing. :angry2: :angry2:

Most Aggrivating moment?

FF1.... Final Boss Chaos...
He attacked 5 times in a row and killed three of my charecters and put the last one on his knees at 13 HP from 8914 HP !!!!!!

Then he healed himself back to full!!!!:mad: :flaming: :mad:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by roymund [/i]
[B]Most irratating moment?

Metroid Prime...
Right After the furnace room not being able to figure out what to do! I kept thinking there was something I was missing. :angry2: :angry2:

Most Aggrivating moment?

FF1.... Final Boss Chaos...
He attacked 5 times in a row and killed three of my charecters and put the last one on his knees at 13 HP from 8914 HP !!!!!!

Then he healed himself back to full!!!!:mad: :flaming: :mad: [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Oooooh. Sadly, I've been through that same situation too many times. [i]Any[/i] old RPG has cheap-*** bosses. Maybe to make up for the graphics?

That reminds me of Mega Man bosses, too. I recently played MMX4 and couldn't even beat one boss. I had few problems with the stages (although they were too short for my taste), but when ***-kicking time rolled around at the end of each stage, I had at least three lives left and my my right thumb was starting to aggravate me.

Despite the fact I paused the game for some R&R, I wasn't prepped enough for the bosses. Half their attacks are unavoidable unless you can ****in' hover or fly around in the air. :( And their life meters take up half the height of the TV screen, while mine (I usually play as Zero) only takes up about a quarter of that, maybe less...I mean, that's [b]ridiculous![/b] Not to mention most of those attacks take off a 1/5 of my life meter.

Some people justify it as "challenging." I justify it as retarded as all hell, not to mention as cheap as any boss can get. I enjoy challenges. That's why I like the Mega Man games, but when it comes down to this, it's not fun at all. Even when I've already mapped out their patterns of movement and know when they'll change (like, when they're life meter barely falls below half), I can't help but get hit and die by one of their insane attacks that I can't avoid, usually because there's no wall to wall-jump over them and my own life meter it almost gone anyways.

Then there's that Owl boss. I gave up on the second try. Fortunately, in the MM games, you can play through all the "main" stages at any time, which is fun. Well, except for Mega and Bass.

Then there's Vexx. I die, I have to get everything all over again. I return to the level, everything I've already gotten is [i]still[/i] there. Wouldn't that create a paradox? :cross: It's like I'm reliving Banjo-Kazooie all over again![/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dark_serena [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Then there's Vexx. I die, I have to get everything all over again. I return to the level, everything I've already gotten is [i]still[/i] there. Wouldn't that create a paradox? :cross: It's like I'm reliving Banjo-Kazooie all over again![/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll have you know that gave me a good laugh :p

Some of the older Mega Man games have incredibly cheap bosses and stages...they're extremely difficult and only those with insane hand/eye coordination can hope to really get through the stages without dying a jillion times. They're still fun, but yeah, they're extremely tough.

This has probably been mentioned earlier in the thread (I mean, how could it not be mentioned?), but the original Metroid is frustrating as hell -__- I've been playing through it on Metroid Prime and...yeah, the game really gives you fits, heh. Mostly because it's really easy to get completely lost in the game, only to find that the item you needed was only a couple rooms away and you were dumb enough to go the wrong way. Fun times.

You know, this isn't technically a gaming moment, but I'm frustrated right now and it has gaming involved so I'm writing it down anyway.

My brother bought me a GameBoy Advance SP maybe four weeks ago. A week ago, I LOST it. I can almost swear I remember taking it out of my purse (I'd been using it for the commute to work) so that I wouldn't have to take it to the movies, and putting it down in my (very small) living room. And then the next day, it was gone.

Where is it?? I'm nearly sure it's in my house, because where else would it be? I could've left it on the train, but I don't think I did. GRR!

Worse yet, Wario Ware was in it, with all of my and my brother's high scores :( :( :(.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by terra [/i]
[B]You know, this isn't technically a gaming moment, but I'm frustrated right now and it has gaming involved so I'm writing it down anyway.[/b][/quote]
[size=1][color=purple]Err...wouldn't it then make it a gaming moment?

Whatever the case, anything involving gaming that pisses you off or aggravates you toward the brink of busting something beyond recognition can be found [i]right[/i] here! ;)

'Tis the place to vent, so welcome aboard, O Vexed One.[/color][/size]

[quote][b]Where is it?? I'm nearly sure it's in my house, because where else would it be? I could've left it on the train, but I don't think I did. GRR![/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]

Ooooooh....that...really, [i]really[/i]...sucks. I know exactly what's up. That happened with my Golden Sun and Pokemon Crystal games (which were both 100% completed and had a high number of hours). Luckily, my Crystal version was under a couch cushion and I remembered that I lent my brother, who's in college, most of my GBA games and my GB Player until Christmas Break (he doesn't have a GBA, but has a Gamecube. Damn, those things are handy)!

Well, you didn't mention looking [i]everywhere[/i] for it--is there anyone else living with you? Ask them! Maybe they scooped it up wjhile cleaning and placed it somewhere where they "think" you'll find it.

My mom does that when she spots my clutter. What she does is nags at me for it (I eventually deal with it, of course), then, on occasions, cleans it up herself. I can't tell you enough how much that pounds my buttons! It's not like I'm a slob, I just don't like people cleaning up after me, especially when some of my gaming stuff is being used and it "clutters" up the living room, or my brother's ex-bedroom.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll find it! My SP is metallic orange, so it's hard to lose. Too obvious, really. Whenever I think I misplace it, I find out it's either in the bathroom (where my old GBA is), near a Gamecube, on my bed somewhere, or in the living room sitting on a side table. I have a compact pouch for it, whenever I need to take it somewhere.

And you keep it in your purse? If that thing gets stolen, you're screwed over. I don't like them myself. I don't take my SP anywhere unless I'm going on a trip or going to school, and I keep it in a tiny carrying-thing, which I stick in my bag, and my bag's always with me.

My advice is to, literally, look [i]everywhere.[/i]

You'll find it (hopefully).

Anyways, I've recently been playing SimAnt for the SNES. I don't know [i]why[/i], but every once in a while, the friggin' Yellow Ant, the one I control, goes so SLOW in some areas! Normally, they do that when they're hungry, but this time it just nearly caused me to tear my hair out! Just to get to one food pile and back to the nest took, like, stinkin' three to five minutes!

And it takes about 10 minutes to save a Full Game (or any kind of Game). I don't care how much data's being saved, 10 minutes is too damned long for [i]any[/i]thing! :mad:

Then there's washing Gracies's car for some of her brand-clothing in Animal Crossing. :twitch: I swear, I hate doing A-Button races that kills my right thumb, only to [i]lose[/i] at it. :cross:

A thing like that had happened to me when I played Star Fox Adventures. I love the game itself, but I just...don't...like...the button-mashing sequence in a Village of some sort when you were tryin to prove your strength by pushing the A or B button as fast as you could (can't remember which).

Then there was the time in that game when you had to pass a test and had to overcome your fear by keeping the cursor in the middle of the Fear Meter or whatever by using the Control Stick.

Never ever in my life have I ever been so pissed at a game before. Utterly ridiculous. I had my sister do it for me, for both situations in that game (she succeeded), since my anger level was about to cross the line. [/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pirate Ninja
Devil May Cry's camera angle was probaly one of the most irratating gaming things I've ever been through. I still remember Nelo Angelo 3 teleporting behind the camera and loping Dante in half. or the camera fixating on the wall during the Phantom 1 battle.

Another favorote (or non-favorite if you like) is the AI on NBA Street Volume 2 when you get a gamebreaker. which will keep the ball from you until the gamebreaker runs out.

[B]Viewtiful Joe - Episode 6: The Magnificent 5 [/B]

This my children...was the most frustrating level i have EVER played in my puff! I tried and tried to no avail. It wasn't just that, you had to fight 4 of the bosses whom were now EVEN STRONGER! When you killed them...you had a little break, ok buy some upgrades and click save...wait...what?...NO SAVE?!?! So you continue without your save...you are faced with the all mighty Inferno Lord: Fire Leo! This guy was hard! Of course after all your lifes had ran out...back to the start!

[b][SIZE=3]DAMN YOU VIEWTIFUL JOE!!!![/SIZE][/b]

Guest LuciferRevived
My most frustrating moment would be at the final battle in Xenogears, at first I had the best armor, and at least 15000 HP on all my gears, I'd get through the pillar orbs fine, no real problems, then the battle with Deus began, he'd smack me with 1000-2000 normal attack, no big. But he would not die! I'd smack him with 20000 damage and he'd still be standing, I'd kick the hell out of him, and he' still be standing! Then...he'd use his little angel and demon beams, 5000 damage, then he'd use Deus' Thunderbolt, I died many, many times, then I decided to search the map, found Duneman's Isle, that was cool, but didn't help my Deus problem, thne I went to the lighthouse, and there I found it. The ultimate armor, I forgot exactly what it was called, Gold Ar I think? I decided, "Sounds interesting, maybe Deus wont hit gold. I went to battle him again, and guess what? All his attacks did AT MOST 10 damage, I beat him with no effort at all. and eventually beat the game.

All I can say is that at the moment the thing that is pissing me off most in the gaming world is Sonic Adventure DX directors cut. I have 100% with the six characters and then I try the Super Sonic ending! ARRRGGGHHHHHHH the damn Perfect Chaos keeps hitting me no matter how much I move and where I go it is so frustrating that I turned it off in anger!:flaming:

[quote name='Raichu Tamer']All I can say is that at the moment the thing that is pissing me off most in the gaming world is Sonic Adventure DX directors cut. I have 100% with the six characters and then I try the Super Sonic ending! ARRRGGGHHHHHHH the damn Perfect Chaos keeps hitting me no matter how much I move and where I go it is so frustrating that I turned it off in anger!:flaming:[/quote]

I haven't played much of Sonic Adventure DX but Sonic Adventure 2 DX is just a frustrating game, in that it's so damn [i]boring[/i]. The Sonic/Shadow levels are very fun, to an extent, but everything else is just yawn-inducing. The Knuckles/Rogue levels are the most blantant offendors. Running around and digging for crystal shards with crappy music playing in the background, to go along with the nonsensical camera angles, I guess, is not my idea of a good time. But who knows? Maybe Sonic Team has a different concept of fun.

the ost frustrating moments for me would be learning to play RE for the first time and trying to beat the weapons on the Final Fantasy Games.

RE. I dont know why, but for some reason it took me forever to get good at this game. I cannot explain howmany times Chris Reddfeild ran into a wall because of me. Someday he is gonna show up at my door and punch me in the face for all of those walls...

And Final Fantasy, well in Final Fantasy 7 and 8 the Weapons are hard as all heck to kill. In FF7 I have still yet to beat the Ruby and the Emerald Weapons. I have tried and tried and almost beat them....but in the end I would just get hammered by one big attack and then the battle would be over. And in FF8 I have a hard enough time trying to GET to the Omega Weapon in Ultamecia's Castle that I just stoped trying.

[quote]And Final Fantasy, well in Final Fantasy 7 and 8 the Weapons are hard as all heck to kill. In FF7 I have still yet to beat the Ruby and the Emerald Weapons.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple] Oh. Yeah. [i]Totally.[/i] :p For Ruby Weapon, what I did was use Cait Sith's Limit Break "Slots." Fortunately, I saved the game before wandering into the desert, then I just crossed my fingers in hopes that Ruby didn't swallow up Cait Sith before I could use his Limit Break. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Nothing much pissed me off in that game. Although in FFVIII, what [i]does[/i] piss me off is [spoiler]near the end, when your at that point, after Rinoa gets captured, and you just CAN'T--GO--BACK.[/spoiler] I mean, I didn't know WHAT to expect for the last bosses, but I already had a strategy planned. The problem was be able to take a beating. I had no Player's Guide, so I couldn't prepare. Well, I was prepared for things like defenses...sorta. I forgot where to extract the Shell/Protect/Double/Triple spells for the battles, so I didn't do enough of spell-extracting for Junctioning (that's my only complaint for the game, other than boring dialogue boxes).

[spoiler]But my biggest problem was the first LAST boss at the end of Disc 4, Sorceress Adel [/spoiler](GAWD, what IS that thing, anways?? :nervous: )...plus my dysfunctional Junctions...which all added up to, you guessed it, frusteration. I eventually put the game down. Now, it's collecting dust. I'm pretty much done with it, and FFVII, so when I can find them, I'm gonna buy the Guides to pick up anything I forgot.

Good games, though. I never get tired of them.

I just started on FF X-2 last week, and the bone I have to pick with [i]that[/i] game is that enemies keeping beating the **** out of me while my ATB gauges CHARGE UP! Sure I don't mind the concept, but C'MON here! The gauges are SO SLOW! SlowslowslowslowSLOW! FFIX's were faster than this game's!

Arrrrrrgh!!! I have what I 'm gonna do planned out, but I'm sick of worrying if my fighters are going to either live or die during the next minute until they actually carry out their commands. Especially when the gauge's purple.

Ah, hell. Now I've gotten myself worked up. :p

I was playing the game the other night [spoiler]and was fighting Vegnagun's torso, or legs, or whatever 'n the hell had those three Nodes stuck to it. Already, I was delving into the Farplane to go after Vegnagun, and I was only 20 hours into the game. Major disappointment. But, after having a little trouble with defeating the Magus Sisters, Shiva, and Anima at Level 30-ish, I figured I'd call it quits and go back to Spira, where I got myself to Level 58-ish. Now my clock says 40 hours, which I was expecting would be the time I'd actually hear the words [b]final battle[/b] and not 20 hours earlier.[/spoiler]

So, yeah. Short RPGs bother me, too.[/color][/size]

The entire game of Ghouls and Ghosts, particularly the last levels, are ridiculusly hard to complete.

[size=1][color=blue]Heh, I empathize with Ghouls and Ghosts being hard (I had tough times with that one), but mind explaining what was so hard about the game? Not everyone is going to know exactly what you're talking about when you say that Ghouls and Ghosts is hard. - Shinmaru[/size][/color]