OtakuBoards

Most Frustrating Gaming Moments...

Erika

[QUOTE=Shinmaru]

And I'm not sure if I mentioned this yet, but Super Metroid was slightly frustrating for me because the store I rented it from gave me a crappy copy. Every time I made any sort of progress in the game, it would randomly erase and get rid of [i]everything[/i] I had done. I was powerless to stop it ;_;[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Wait...then it's not [i]Super Metroid[/i] itself that frusterated you, but cartidge itself, lol! :p

Anyways, my most recent frusteration would have to be FFVII. I've done it countless times before, but now I'm in [spoiler]Wutai (right before getting the Keystone), dealing with the five-story pagoda, and I'm guilty to say, I'm having trouble with Yuffie's dad (OMNI). Heh, I really want Leviathan[/spoiler] :cross: Last time I played it was last night. On the fifth try, I hit the sack. :sleepy:

I tried it four times already, and Trine keeps KOing me. Oh, Yuffie's strong all right, for her level, I guess. I used a Hyper item on her to have her Limit gauge charge faster (heh, I do it ALL the time before boss fights!), and now with two hits, she's able to use Greased Lightning to deal about 950 damage. Also, throwing weapons and using Molotovs on the boss deals the same amount of damage. However, her regular attacks only deal 250 damage, and I have a Counter materia on her to do a little extra.

It's just that taking damage from Trine is the part that's pissing me off (I'm at about level 26 or 27).

****!!! If only I had a lighting-absorption ring!! Gaaaaah![/color][/size]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=indigo]Heh, I remember having a hard time with that fight on my first time through FFVII. The second time, though, I got smart and put an Elemental+Lightning Materia combination in my armor, so Trine couldn't touch me. Also, an accessory that protected against the [Mini] status effect. Once I had those two, I totally wailed on him.

Oh yeah, and another thing about that fight. The first time my brother did it, he got [Mini] cast on him but didn't realize it, and he never did figure out why the boss seemed to have grown so much bigger and his attacks would only do 1 damage. . . . Until he tried the fight again, that is. But still, it was funny to watch, heh. And I imagine that would've been more than a little frustrating.[/color]

I used to have this tendency to basically blow through any RPG I had. I would play them quickly, but the problem was that I'd not level up much. I'd get to the last areas and be totally screwed because my character was too weak to advance or back track to get more supplies. This happened to me in both FFVII and FFVI.

So I just play through them again. I like playing this way because I seem to notice a lot more small details the second time through... so while it's frustrating at first, I don't mind it in the end.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Oh, Des, you always make feel so stoopid , lol! *drops head onto table* XD

Yeah, it was cake and ice cream once I paired Elemental and Lightning materia on Yuffie's armor. :rolleyes: But the only problem remaining was that he kept using Cure2 after his HP went below half, STILL got an attack in after that. Now THAT made me mad!

Then...I realized he only healed himself whenever I used Fire Veils and Swift Bolts. So, I just resorted to Greased Lightning and regular melee. No spells. So, after that, all he used primarily was Beast Sword, which boosted my Limit Gauge quickly and took away only 1/4 of my HP! I just slash, slash, heal, slash, Limit break, slash, heal.

Eventually, I took him out. It was easier than it was before.

Something else pissed me off last night. I started a new file on The Windwaker. I didn't get too far before I started feeling tired (it was about 10 at night). I was SO out of it that I couldn't jump the platforms on Tetra's ship (when you first board). Seriously, I was grumpy after three tries of overjumping the stupid platforms. Right when I was swinging to the last one, I overjumped it again.

Platforms, platforms, God I hate platforms...:twitch:[/color][/size]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Ok let's see... a really frustrating gaming moment for me was when I wanted to watch Cowboy Bebop and my buddy was trying to find some stupid *** secret in Metroid Zero Mission. He played it for about two hours before finally giving up the TV. Granted it was his apartment and his game boy player and his Cowboy Bebop DVD and his PS2 to play the DVD on, but still it was frustrating.

Another frustrating gaming moment was when I was playing Rise of the Robots and tried to beat the final boss. Not only is actually playing the game so painful that you can feel your soul trying to jump bodies as time goes on, but it was pretty much impossible to defeat the boss. You'd spend 10 minutes whittling down her life bar with jump kicks, and she'd suddenly do a move where she gained all her life back. Worst fighting game ever, I swear.

It would have to be in Pso (phantasy star online) for game cube, i know its sad, but i couldnt beat the boss in the bottom in the caves. every time i tried there was a new twist. Not to mention is was a pain just to get back to him after dying.

P.S. This was a good thread

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple][b]*points accusingly at SciosDarkBlade* Never get in between a gamer and his Easter Eggs!! :lecture:[/b]

And guess what's making me mad this time?

--my SP!

Yessiree Bob. [i]I can't [b]STAND[/b] the volume-thingie on the GBA SP!! When I'm in bed, I want the volume down enough to where I can barely hear it. But [b]no~oo![/b] I can only turn it up to, like, four different volumes![/i] :cross:

The old GBA had a dial! Volume adjustment was cake and ice cream! Aaaarrrgh!

Heh. Strange what I've got myself worked up over. :rolleyes:

Wild Arms 3 is putting me off, too. As far as I can tell, I can't buy any ****in' healing items! No Healing or Potion Berries for me! Nope! The only way I can get any is to rely on enemies dropping them like turds. I think [i]this[/i] situation's worse than random enemy encounters!!

[i]Where's a GameShark when you need one?!?[/i][/color][/size]

[color=indigo]Bleh, the volume slider on the GBA SP also annoys me; I much prefered the old dials on previous Game Boys. Seems very hard to get it to just the volume you want. I always have to be very gentle, pushing on it with my fingernail, in order to get it to a level that's not really loud but can still be heard. . . . Maybe I should just spend the $5 on a headphone adapter.[/color]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Oh yeah that volume slider is stupid. But it doesn't give me much trouble; I play my GBA soooo rarely. At this point I might exclusively use it with my GB Player or as a FFCC controller. I just don't have the time to put into all the decent GBA RPGs out there (and I'm not too big on Metroid games).

(Ok here's a PC gaming moment but I don't care I'm still writing about it)

Oh here's a good frustrating moment: my roommate and I were playing ALLIED (we control the same units and start with only one base) in Starcraft vs. 2 comps on Primeval Isles (a near-infinite resource island hop map from Broodwar), and for about two weeks the comps made a playground out of our ******** (unless they were retard-comps, which there is no honor in defeating). And we're not bad SC players, mind you. But when the comp is at the top of its game, it's relentless on that map because it has so many resources and it's nothing but air battles. So we'd have to take on fleet after fleet after fleet ... until we died. It was either a quick pounding by the computer with two simultaneous scout fleet attacks or it was a battle of attrition with us losing. It sucked. And the frustrating thing about it is we couldn't come up with a consistently winning plan of action.

But then, one day, we came up with a master strategy. Heheheh. I'm not telling you what it is unless you care.

[color=#707875]Wow, I really love the volume silder on the GBA SP. I find it very comfortable and smooth. ~_^

*changes volume repeatedly to demonstrate this fact* o_O;;

Ahem, anyway.

As far as frustrating gaming moments go, there are two that come to mind.

Firstly, in Resident Evil 2. I got up to the last boss and somehow, I managed to save with only a couple of bullets left in my gun...and no reserve ammunition. So needless to say, my fate was pretty much sealed at that point. That was my fault though, rather than being an actual design problem with the game.

And then, The Wind Waker. Specifically, the ridiculous Triforce fetch-quest at the end. Not only was that whole section totally unnecessary (and counter-intuitive), but it just felt very un-Nintendo. It wasn't any fun. You have to get the maps, [i]then[/i] get them decoded [i]then [/i]find the pieces? Give me a break. It was the most rushed, last-minute piece of game design I've ever seen from Nintendo.

I'd have rathered that they delayed The Wind Waker by a couple of months and included an extra dungeon or two. I'd gladly have waited, if I'd known how poor that Triforce "quest" was going to be.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Desbreko][color=indigo'] Maybe I should just spend the $5 on a headphone adapter.[/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Don't they have SP headphones in stores yet? Well, I have a pair. They came with my FFTA bundle last fall. XD *curses at Nintendo for such a damn-stupid idea for headphones* Gah, they hurt my ears even!

*throws an unidentified object at James* HAH! 3 against 1! The volume dial rules! *coughs* Yeah. Whatever. U>_>

Just recently, I haven't been gaming at all *shrinks into a corner, blushing*. BUT, I am pissed at Secret of Mana. *curses at a questionable volume*

I 'm having problems with, of course, the !@#$in' Eye Wall-boss thing in the Pandora ruins. I swear! I have beaten that **** before (like, a few years ago maybe) but GIMME A BREAK! #>"<# I feel like an idiot on a stick!

:whoops: Bosses that cure themselves always throw me off. *shrugs and takes off*

*runs back again, shakes a fist at James, then dashes off once more* [/color][/size]

I never have issues with the slider.....mostly because I never have the volume on. I'm always watching TV while I play.

Anyway, my most recent annoyance is centered around Magi Nation (for GBC). First thing, I can't beat any of the Hyrens....:( also, I can't beat the third Shadow Geyser! My monsters aren't strong enough.......I hate training........

Guest gendou ikari
I don't know if you could call this a [B]frustrating[/B] moment, but more of an,uncomftorbale moment in gaming.

Here's how it all go's down

There I was, enjoying the last few moments of metal gear solid 2, when suddenly, my play is interrupted by a cinematic cene. Ninja suddenly pops out of knowere and with the help of snake, knocks me out cold!

Interested highly, at the moment's current event's I lean toward my TV screen, only to see RAIDEN, FRICKIN BUTT NAKED! I leaned back, away from my TV screen as it beared the horrible image of a Naked, blonde haired, gay guy.

Shrieking in disgust and aghast at this sight I fell ontu our table, vomiting into thin air!(ok... maybe not)

Then to my amazment, I had to sneak around like this, which frankly, disturbed my concentration, and I was unable to get past the Metal Gear Rectum.

That, my friend's , is a moment where I felt that I had to cry... Due to the immense difficulty of this situation, and, the extremely uncomftorable situation I was in.

WOW.....

WOW....

WOW....

• 3 months later...
[size=1][color=purple]GAH! *puts thread on life support* :p

[b][i]*CURSECURSECURSE!!!!*[/i][/b]

[i]I hate Undine!!!! I hate her with all my soul!! I want her to die on BigMacs and rot in HELL!![/i]

This damn boss from Tales of Symphonia is the worst boss I've faced since the Time Sage in Dragon Warrior VII! ! !

No matter what Sem says to me, I always end up getting steamrolled. Mainly because she attacks more than I can heal--and spells take a precious 5 seconds to cast, and [i]guess what?![/i] Undine takes THAT opportunity--right when they can't move--to attack them! WONDERFUL! AWESOME! SWEETNESS!

And I can't even prevent her from casting magic like she does my guys! In fact, it only takes her a SPLIT second cast it! ! ! And here I HAVE to fight other spirits as well as Undine, including Selphie (I died within 10 seconds, not to mention you have to fight 3 of them at once), using a party member I can't stand fighting with. And Sem said Undine was easy. T_T I forgot whether or not he said that out of comparison, but it seems likely.

I just don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do. I'm at Level 30--6 levels higher than I was on my first attempt, and I have as many Melange/Apple/Orange Gels and Life Bottles as I can carry, too. Plus my equipment is "upgraded" or whatever to the best currently possible.

Undine just keeps robbing me of opportunities to attack with Thunder Blades and whatnot, so I spend a lot of time restoring. Not to mention she can seemingly cast spells as strong as her frickin' short-range blade attacks, it doesn't matter if I'm close or far, she f***s me over either way.

*starts bawling* :moron:[/color][/size]

My most frustrating gaming moment had to be the first or second time my ps2, which i play about once a week, started to not play my cd's. i had already been through the mail-it-to-sony ordeal and i ddint want to go through that again, so for about a month or so i was out of ps2. eventually i came to the conclusion that i should trade it in for an xbox, done and done.

[size=1][color=red] I have one word for you: [i]Stuntman[/i]. The difficulty of that game is god-awfully annoying as hell.

Also, [i]Final Fantasy Tactics[/i], for the PS. Hard game.

Well, I got to this one pig boss someplace in it. I believe it was at Riovanes Castle.

Well, the game lets you save randomly at dungeons and so on, so I saved. Well, this pig boss was next, and I was screwed over then since I couldn't go out and train my guys more.

So basically, that was 30 or so hours of the game down the drain. Bye bye. Never to be seen again, all because the game tells you to save, and you do it, but it doesn't tell you there's some big *** boss coming that's going to be hard as all hell. Err.[/size][/color]

Maybe this is just me... I dunno...

In [u]FF: Crystal Chronicles[/u] you have to fight this ghost dragon. Well, he'll attack you at the same time as sicking these lizards on you. The lizards are easy, but it takes a while to kill 'em and then finally get the chance to damage the dragon. Anyways, the dragon monster will step forward rarely and that's the only chance you get to hit him. Man! I tried killing him a zillion times and it takes forever!

Then I found out I had to use Holy =/

[size=1][color=purple]Yeah, I've been in that situation before, DW.

One boss that really pissed me off was the Time Sage in Dragon Warrior VII. He had two lackeys, in which I think looked like stupid monkeys, and all three pummeled my party members dead sh**.

And the worst part? The Time Sage kept using a tornado attack that got all my fighters, and one of his sidekicks uses Time Sand, and item that restarted the damn battle all over again, and I think the HP/MP didn't even change on my guys.

So yeah, I was more pissed than a drunken wife-beater at that point. I'm glad I finally finished that guy off. :cross:

And in FFX, when I had to go against[spoiler] Yunalesca.[/spoiler] Oh, God that Zombie/Restoring crap drove me 100 miles from sanity. I was always confused as to who to cure and who not to. :p[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Mitch][size=1][color=red] I have one word for you: [i]Stuntman[/i]. The difficulty of that game is god-awfully annoying as hell.

Also, [i]Final Fantasy Tactics[/i], for the PS. Hard game.

Well, I got to this one pig boss someplace in it. I believe it was at Riovanes Castle.

Well, the game lets you save randomly at dungeons and so on, so I saved. Well, this pig boss was next, and I was screwed over then since I couldn't go out and train my guys more.

So basically, that was 30 or so hours of the game down the drain. Bye bye. Never to be seen again, all because the game tells you to save, and you do it, but it doesn't tell you there's some big *** boss coming that's going to be hard as all hell. Err.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[color=sienna][font=comic sans MS]I feel your pain mitch...I had the same problem except it was against the Arc Knight guy that turns your party into vampires. I foolishly saved before I went to his castle and I got stuck there...I tried and retried to beat the same level time and time again (I stoped counting after 53 or so) I went online only to find out I needed an item called 108 jems so there went my entire game up to that point...Pissed me off to no end. All those hours down the drain... :flaming: [/color][/font]

Somthings in games are so annoyying, in Final Fantasy seven i am at Northen Cave then a tonberry kills me.Or i just well my data well just gets corruppted.
In Final Fantasy eight i am at level twenty eight or something like that.Then i fight a bad guy or monster and i get one experiance.I cant beat Adel.Then in Chrono Cross im stuck.

I've been playing Unreal Tournament 2003 on my PC. It's been a pain, because the game keeps freezing up at random moments. So, I'll restart my computer and keep going. What really sucks is when it freezes right in the middle of a match, when I'm ever so close to winning. One time, I had actually won the match, but the computer froze before I could acknowledge it. So, now I have to go and play the match all over again.

So, yeah. That was pretty frustrating.

[color=green]I'd have to say, that while I've had my fair share of maddening moments while playing games, the worst would have to be trying to get a "S" campaign rank in [u]Advance Wars[/u]. I played through it a number of times and was only able to get a high "A". Eventually I did get it after finally scoring better than a C on the last level, which was a nightmare.

It's one of my favorite games, especially while playing with friends. Unfortunately I rarely get the chance to play, except on the way back from fencing practices; there's a group of us who play on the bus rides to and from the tournaments.

Oddly enough, I [i]still[/i] haven?t unlocked all the COs?[/color]

[quote name='Arkadyz][color=sienna][font=comic sans MS]I feel your pain mitch...I had the same problem except it was against the Arc Knight guy that turns your party into vampires. I foolishly saved before I went to his castle and I got stuck there...I tried and retried to beat the same level time and time again (I stoped counting after 53 or so) I went online only to find out I needed an item called 108 jems so there went my entire game up to that point...Pissed me off to no end. All those hours down the drain... :flaming: [/color'][/font][/quote]

[size=1][color=purple]Is this all in [i]Final Fantasy Tactics?!?![/i] Uhm, if so, then I'm getting second thoughts about playing the game. :(

Yeah. One of the worst things that has ever happened to me was accidentally saving over my original, very first, almost-got-everything, 80-hour Final Fantasy VII file. Dammit! I was SO MAD! And it was my own fault, too! T_T[/color][/size]

Trying to beat the tanks on Ninja Gaiden. I can't cet them past half lif before they blow me up. I barley have any life elixiers so i get my *** kicked every time. I almost broke my X-box controlle before I fliped teh power on the game.

Another is Trying to beat Abyssion on Tales of Symphonia. He is just too hard. 120,000 HP and his basic attacks do like 800 damage. I don't even want to talk about his magic attacks. I get him down to about 50,000 and then BOOM. He kills me with his Meteor storm attack and I have no more life bottles. It takes about 30 minutes to get him down that far so I just quit after trying once.

The most annoying game play i've had lately is on Yu-Gi-Oh Duelists of the Rose. The first fight when you are evil is sooo hard. Maybe it was just me but i really couldn't win. One other moment comes to mind. After the gay spider on Metroid Fusion. Ihad no health after the fight and the enemies after the boss are soo hard. Maybe i should just give up. The most annoying moment for my friends though would probably be the farsight on PD. They don't stand a chance, unless the gang up on me from three sides. My accuracy was so good that i picked all my friends off about 80-90% of the time with each bullet.