OtakuBoards

Is life really like a box of chocolates?

Ashley_the_blr

[size=1] I'd say you could've just posted this in the, "What does life mean to you," thread, and hopefully a mod whom mods this forum *nudge nudge* will merge it there. Because, generally, this thread could easily go there--and less clutter is better for the smutter smut smut.

I think life is an angel with scabbed wings pointing a gun to your head--holding that binary choice in its hands, not allowing you to choose. That's me anyway.[/size]

It's more than a box. it's a bucketload of chocolates. As you can imagine, the majority are really cheap and nasty.. but there are some pretty good ones in there.

And there are a few poisoned ones in there thrown in just to kill you off.

But unlike a real box of chocolates, they all look the same so you can't really have much idea what's coming your way based on what you've had before.

Such is life. Well, the bad side of life anyway... there are less pessimistic analogies to be made.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Yes in some ways it is. It is a very random thing. But unlike a box of chocolates, you can sometimes choose what you want and choose what you want to happen.

What I percieve life to be is just a major drug deal gone wrong at sometimes or a nice bank heist perfectly pulled off.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dark_dragongirl [/i]
[B]Life is like a box of chocolates. Yes in some ways it is. It is a very random thing. But unlike a box of chocolates, you can sometimes choose what you want and choose what you want to happen.[/B][/QUOTE]

That's funny..

I thought that the opposite was true- that unlike life, you can actually choose which chocolate you want. I mean, if you know what they all look like, you can put one back that you don't want and go for another one.

This is a rare choice to be able to make in life..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Genkai [/i]
[B]WTF? Who was the asshole who came up with that?

No. It isn't. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude. HARSH!!!!

I think life is a box of chocolates. Like forest Gump says, ''Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get.''

And i beleive him.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][size=1] Forrest Gump came up with it.

That guy's my idol. :([/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, he did dsay that. Wha ta silly silly man. Didn't he run for a really long itme too, though? That's cool.

But no. Life isn't a box of chocolates. Maybe I'm not getting the metaphor, but I don't think you never know what you're gonna get or whatever.

One time, I was at the beach, and there were these 7 year old boys who wanted to be "surfer dudes", and they were making that Hang 10 sign or whateer it is, and they were like "DUDE! THAT'S GNARLY!" and one of them said that saying and the other kid said that it was "TOTALLY GNARLY". Hee hee.

If life really was a box of chocolates, I would've already eaten 'em all. I'd need a box 100ft length by bredth by width filled with chocolates, for it to be my life.

...yep. :drunk: But I'm not saying life [i]is[/i] a box of chocolates. As if it would be. :smoke:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KnightOfTheRose [/i]
[B][color=003333][size=1]The coconut parts of life make me vomit...[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=royalblue]I agree, but I also think life is not just the box, it's all chocolate. The flashiest, most expensive usually candy tastes like crap and the simplest type of chocolate is usually the sweetest. But you can still find a crappy hersheys or a yummy coconut creamed filled chocolate. You can have a pretty good idea about things (Hershey's are the bomb) but life has a way of changing when you least expect it (yum, the crunch is better then the hersheys!...)I do believe Mr Forrest Gump had something going with this (why else would I post this thread?), but there is soo much more...
Weird huh?[/COLOR]

It is weird how life can be compared and seen from a box of edible sweets. But, i agree to the fact, that it is a nice saying, and it is true how there are good days and bad days in everyones lives. For me, right now is a good day, for i am eating a box of chocolates! (Quite the right time to post in this thread eh?)

Haha, well Peace to all, im out.

Life is indead like a box of chocolates :bow:, sometimes, it will throw you a nice chocolatey treat dripping with.....

Who the hell am I kidding. I hate chocolate.

That must mean I hate my life, nothing could be further from the truth, I love my life. I hate chocolate. Chocolate gives you pimples and leaves you thirsty.

!FRUIT! on the other hand, quenches you as you eat and is much more tasty. Life, to me, is a bowl of fruit, some days you get nice apples and grapes and juicy lemons, other days, life chucks you a rockmelon, ugh.

I know, me a healt nut ;)

I dunno, I think life is more like a box of Cap'n Crunch. Although some of the events are very much alike, nothing's ever exactly the same, and after you've gone through enough of it, you either want to throw up or you need to sit still and take a break for a minute. After a while, though, you'll run out. Then you'll die. Because you're out of Cap'n Crunch. And you cannot live without Cap'n Crunch.

For everyone who has said that life isn't a box of chocolates. You're 100% correct. However, if you take two seconds to look at the thread title, then you will see that the question posed is "Is life really [u]like[/u] a box of chocolates". This means it is a [i]metaphor[/i] which is something used as an example to get the idea across. Like a simile. For example, 'the person was as red as a tomato'. This doesn't mean he is a tomato... he just has a red face. This is the same as this thread. Only a very silly person would say life is a box of chocolates. However, the metaphor here means that it is similar. There are nice ones, bad ones, medium ones, fancy ones, plain ones, spicy ones, sweet ones, bitter ones. Just as there are lots of different types of lives.

So, this metaphor is a very appropriate one, and while it could be replaced with another, this one is fairly accurate.

Do we all understand now?

Good. That is wonderful.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Circuit/J [/i]
[B]I dunno, I think life is more like a box of Cap'n Crunch. Although some of the events are very much alike, nothing's ever exactly the same, and after you've gone through enough of it, you either want to throw up or you need to sit still and take a break for a minute. After a while, though, you'll run out. Then you'll die. Because you're out of Cap'n Crunch. And you cannot live without Cap'n Crunch. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=royalblue]Nice use of Cap'n Crunch...

And for the rest of you, I do relize that in the main scheme of things, this thread is pointless, but it's fun to discuss. Plus, as a bunch of us have demonstrated, it doesn't have to be a food, life could be like pencils for all I know (though I can't see how life could be like a pencil...)

I am glad that so many have expressed their opinion on this.[/color]

Life is like a box of chocolates. But I wonder, for people who are homeless or people who are really sick and dying, what is their chocolate like?Is it like, flaming or something? Say a prayer for all those people with the spoiled, flaming chocolate, please. I'm sure it would help them eat the chocolate.