OtakuBoards

Do you like Aaron Carter?!?!?!

Pagan

What do you think of Aarom Carter: the singer, dancer, and actor.

My sisters worship this boy they love him and wishes they could trade me out for him. I can't stand him at all he has taken my sisters. He has dated every girl I like: Hilary Duff, Amanda Vines, and Lindsey Lohan. I should be sining me heart out: I look better then him, can sing better then him and, I am smarter then him so why is he famous and I'm not? You want to know why its all because of his gay brother Nick Something in one of those stupid boy bands. Now he is complaining about his mom stealing his money. I say take it all Mrs. Carter; I'm with you all the way!

[color=midnightblue]Honestly, I forgot that kid existed.

I never liked him, I never liked a boy band, and I most certainly never cared. Is he still alive?

If you think you're better than him, go ahead and try out for the next Kid Idol or whatever. Otherwise I really don't see purpose in going on about how he's dated famous girls (most likely out of convenience or for the sake of publicity stunts) that you are infatuated with..

And, considering this person is still a minor, his parents would have rights to his money, correct? I'm not very in to reading about such things, so I don't know, but that's what information I have gathered with with my feeble intellect. [/color]

I think the opinion of Aaron Carter is best summed up by an older SNL skit called "Rap Street." Horatio Sans and...Jerry Minor, I believe, were Kid Shazaam and Grand Master Rap, respectively, two aging hiphoppers from I would imagine the early 80s.

Mena Suvari hosted the show and starred in the sketch as Aaron Carter. Of course, Aaron was portayed as an annoying goodygoody who sang songs like "Candy Is Good," "I Like My Bike," and "Help The Police." Suvari was rather hyper throughout the skit, giving Carter some insane bobs and such.

So, I think SNL speaks for all of us here when they show Aaron Carter to be some hyperactive, prepubescent, teacher's pet white boy, lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Maybe it's because you're using "then" when it should be "than". [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow you're making a habit of this. Like Aaron could do any better. I've heard him say "better den";atleast I'm closer then him. Thank You Very Much.

Now to the more important stuff. I saw that skit on SNL it was hilarious. I must admit that I have bought one of his CDs just to destroy it. I hate the song when he is trying to rap about beating Shaq. How Shaq degrade himself by letting Aaron Carter dunk on him; he should have thrown him dwon the court. Has this kid ever made a rap song that actually has words that rhyme.

[color=darkred][SIZE=1]Though I am sure your intentions of destroying the cd were to prove how much you hate Aaron Carter, I don't think buying it was the right way to go about proving anything. The sale still went through, so wether you broke it or not, the store/record company/Aaron Carter still see a profit because of it. . .just a thought.

Next time, just steal a cd to break it. . that way, it hurts everyone (just messing) What you should do is just steal your sister's cd. That way, she doesn't get to listen to it, and it's one less worthless cd out there. . not saying that I know what his music is like, or even if I am the one that should be giving out advice on what is good music or not. . but . . it's just my opinion =) [/SIZE][/color]

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]He has dated every girl I like: Hilary Duff, Amanda Vines, and Lindsey Lohan. I should be sining me heart out: I look better then him, can sing better then him and, I am smarter then him so why is he famous and I'm not? You want to know why its all because of his gay brother Nick Something in one of those stupid boy bands. Now he is complaining about his mom stealing his money. I say take it all Mrs. Carter; I'm with you all the way! [/B][/QUOTE]

1) It's Amanda [b]B[/b]ines and Lind[b]say[/b] Lohan.

2) [i]I look better then him, can sing better then him and, I am smarter then him so why is he famous and I'm not? [/i]
--Uh...yeah, along with about 1,000 other guys.

3) Using 'gay' as a insulting word isn't nice.

4) Your right, Aaron got a head start because his brother was part of Backstreet Boys.

5) And most importantly: Who cares? [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]Wow you're making a habit of this. Like Aaron could do any better. I've heard him say "better den";atleast I'm closer [u]then[/u] him. Thank You Very Much.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, you did it again...

Either way, I really didn't even know that boy made music still. Saying you could do any better than him is no big accomplishment either. I mean, really, anyone could. It's obvious he got his big break because of his older brother, if you had a famous older brother that could open doors for you you'd probably do the same. And I don't think Shaq can really be degraded any more than those genie pants he wore in that other movie. One bad career move after another, that one hardly makes a difference.

On another note, all the females you've mentioned, well they're like Aaron Carter's female counterparts....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]I think the opinion of Aaron Carter is best summed up by an older SNL skit called "Rap Street." Horatio Sans and...Jerry Minor, I believe, were Kid Shazaam and Grand Master Rap, respectively, two aging hiphoppers from I would imagine the early 80s.

Mena Suvari hosted the show and starred in the sketch as Aaron Carter. Of course, Aaron was portayed as an annoying goodygoody who sang songs like "Candy Is Good," "I Like My Bike," and "Help The Police." Suvari was rather hyper throughout the skit, giving Carter some insane bobs and such.

So, I think SNL speaks for all of us here when they show Aaron Carter to be some hyperactive, prepubescent, teacher's pet white boy, lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

That just about sums up my opinion of Aaron Carter lol. That sketch was pretty funny.

And, honestly, I could care less if he's famous and he's making a lot of money. He's pretty much set for the rest of his life...more power to him. I'm just glad those annoying commercials for his CD dissappeared lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]So, I think SNL speaks for all of us here when they show Aaron Carter to be some hyperactive, prepubescent, teacher's pet white boy, lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

haha. I just realized. If I were 12, and in the rap industry, I would be Aaron Carter! LOLOL.

But trying to get back to the topic at hand...

HellsFire, why in the hell are you so jealous of a teenybopper entertainer? I mean, he really has no value whatsoever in entertainment. He's just a pretty face. I'd go as far as to say, he lacks talent, too. Shinny is very much right. More power to Carter for finding success, even though we don't like him.

I think instead of being so madly jealous of Aaron Carter, we should be madly jealous of Stanley Kubrick. Watch 2001 Space Odyssey and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

I know how Kubrick did the special effects...but they still blow my frigging mind [i]every[/i] time I see the film.

To make it short and sweet what I think of him is in the following.

Stuck up white boy.
Paid too much.
Greedy little bastard.
The kind of person who kisses themselve when no one's around.
The kind of person who kisses the mirror when no one's around.
The kind of person who masterbates when people are watching.
Snotty nosed flirt.

Did I get it in short enough words for you? I could do smaller.

I'm not a fan of Aaron Carter, but I don't despise the guy, he will be lucky to have his fame a few years from now, heck, I don't know of anyone over here who even vaugley remebers him, same with any teenybopper pop, you're a hit until the kids you were a hit for reach the age where they discover real music, then you're forgotten, It's nothing to get insanely jealous over, I certainly don't have any dreams of being him thats for sure.

To borrow PoisonTounge's Kubrick analogy for a second. People are going to remember Oddyssey for years to come, becaise it is a masterpiece of cinema, timless classic. Carter, on the other hand, will be as obscure as the Old kids on the Block, **** happens, wear the shirt.

It's funny that the real reason why this kid is even around has been mostly glossed over as a small reason (with some exceptions). There really is only one -- he's the brother of Nick Carter, who at the time of Aaron's debut, was probably the most famous and popular member of the Backstreet Boys. He probably still is, although it's hard to judge since BSB has faded away (although I guess they're putting out something soon) and his solo CD did decently, although compared to Justin Timberlake's (which was released around the same time), he was just a drip in the pond.

I don't think you need any more proof than that... plus the simple fact that he is signed by Jive. Who else is on Jive? Why, the Backstreet Boys! What a coincidence.

So he was able to feed off of that, get some endorsements from his brother and fill the niche that was created by the younger girls who obviously knew they could never get anywhere with the much older, and mostly married, Backstreet Boys. There's a reason why crap like Dream Street appeared. There's a market for it.

It has very little to do with his singing ability, I'd say. The kid is riding the coat tails of his brother, and I think most people would do the same in his situation. He's also at an age that younger girls could fawn over the idea that maybe, possibly, in another universe where they were hot and cool that they could be with this kid because he's of a similar age. Like I said before, there's a market for this stuff.

Nearly all boy bands and a good deal of pop vocalists are generally label manufactured and this is not any different. Especially when it is clear that he has no talent in any regard... The songs I've heard of his have that odd computer voice wavering style to them. The type that makes people kind of sound like a robot. When that's used, you know the person can't sing for ****.

I think a good comparison is a sequel. If people like the original, they're going to try the sequel. A good deal of the bigger fans will force themselves to like the sequel even if it doesn't compare. I think this is more or less the situation here. Aaron is like Nick Jr., so to speak.

In any case, I will say that I'm rather annoyed with the fact that this kid already has a Greatest Hits CD, though. I think he's released two albums so far and his only decent sized hit was "I Want Candy", a damn cover. Sure, there were a couple others... "Aaron's Party" and so forth, but he is hardly deserving of a hits compilation.

I sadly know someone who listens to this stuff, so that should explain my knowledge on the subject. The last person I'd ever be jealous of is Aaron Carter. I have no ill will towards him though, as he is kind of part of the symbiotic beast that is manufactured boy bands. You don't attack parts of the beast, you go after the heart of it. He isn't the heart. He's not the problem.

[size=1]I hate all famous teens. That only reason he got into the music business is cause he had really good connections (Hes fricken brother) I remember throwing a basket ball at the tv once, when it showed him in a music video.

I think you could best descibe him as...
Stuck up white boy.
Paid too much.
Greedy little bastard.
The kind of person who kisses themselve when no one's around.
The kind of person who kisses the mirror when no one's around.
The kind of person who masterbates when people are watching.
Snotty nosed flirt.

^^.[/size]