OtakuBoards

Harry Potter: The Search for Truth

duorocks17

OOC: Duo, this is tons of fun, but can we give the story a shot in the arm? When are we going to get to the guts of OUR story...this day to day stuff is kind of killing me!!

IC [color=green][size=1]As the Gryffindores walked into the Great Hall, they found Harry already seated. The ran to him to ask what had happened. "Well, nothing bad, but I don't think I can tell you until tomorrow. I have a meeting with an older student. If that goes well, then I'll tell you." As they couldn't argue with that, they all sat down to eat. Hermione almost squealed when she saw Liz walk through the door. She ran off to talk to her.

Ron stared as she scampered away, "Strange one, she is."

"She's just excited to meet a new friend, leave her alone, Ron!" Karen yelled defensively. "I notice you haven't left Harry's side since you met him."

Hermione met Liz practically at the door. "Hello, would you guys like to sit with us? I know people usually sit with their own houses, but I'd really like it if you'd join us!" Liz and Alex smiled and accepted the invitation. Just as dinner was beginning a loud noise grabbed everyone's attention. It's was owl's shriek. As it was not a normal time for mail, everyone watched to whom the olw would go. It landed directly in front of Hermione. She looked nervously at the bird and everyone stared at her. Harru came over from his table as Remus took the letter from the bird and handed it to Hermione. She reluctantly took it from him and looked at it nervously.

"Do you know who it's from?" Harry asked her. Just as she was about to say, "No," Professor Dumbledore removed the letter fro her hands.

"Miss Granger, do you know who would have sent you this letter?"

"No, sir. I don't. I don't wish to open it either. Not after the last time."

"May I have your permission to inspect this mail?

"Of course, Professor."

"Would you care to come to my office with myself and Professor Mcgonagal right now?" She nodded and departed with them.

As they reached the office Professor McGonagal looked at Hermione with a worried look. "Miss Granger, I am worried about these letters. When I heard about the first one, I thought it may have been a prank, but if this is the same type of letter, then two in one day is particularly distressing."

The two women turned to look at Dumbledore who had the letter turning this way and that in mid-air. He had it open itself and it promptly burst into flames. All three of them watched the ashes fall to the ground without surprise.

"Mis Granger, please, promptly notify us at any receipt of post on your part from now on. You may now return to dinner." Thw two Professors stayed behind to discuss things as she left.[/color][/size]

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...don't worry Molly...it's has started...just back a couple and read closely. :)
[COLOR=blue]Karen watched as Liz, and Alex joined the Griffindor table. [I]It seems that everyone else is making friends around here. And the friend that I've made is one that my best friend apparently doesn't approve of.[/I] Karen looked over to Ron, who was talking animatly with Harry, asking what the summons had been about. Hermione and Remus where talking to Liz who, like the Griffindors, had Astronomy that evening. Karen started to play with her food. [I]It seems I've been forgoten.[/I] She thought as she looked around her. She still couldn't get the wierd feeling to go away. Karen got up from the table, without anyone noticing, and headed for her house.

Karen walked down the hallway, not really watching where she was headed. Her feet somehow carried her to the House, where she headed up the stairs and sunk into her bed. She looked over to her desk, and saw a picture that was taken when she was very little. "My letter!" Karen said as she jumped off the bed, and headed toward her bag that was near the window.

The sun had set on Karen's first day at Hogwarts. The darkness outside was seemed to encompas everything she could see out of the window. The last rays of light spread out on the Forbidden Forest, and Hagrid's Cabin as she sat down on the windowsil and opened her letter. The letter read:
"My dearest Karen, I wished for you to know that I am perfectly fine. I was hoping you weren't worrying about me, and enjoying your first day at school, but I knew you would. I just want to offer you this advice. Please, try to stay out of trouble. I know I told you to listen to what your heart tells you. But please, make sure that path doesn't get you hurt. Don't worry about me, my dear. Please take care of yourself. Love, Remus."

Karen tooked out toward the Forbided Forest, as she went over what the note had said in her mind. The strange feeling swept over her again. [I]I've had these wierd vibes before, and they almost always lead to someone being hurt. If I can stop it, I can prevent that from happening.[/I] Karen contiuned to stare out of the window. [I]Don't you worry Uncle Remus, I can take care of myself. I'm not your average first year. You've taught me a lot of magic already. I can defend myself from any little monster that might attack me in there.[/I] Karen carefully placed the letter on her bedside table as she heard the commotion of the other Griffindors coming into the House.

"Karen!" She heards Ron's voice come from downstairs.

[I]That's it. I'm going to follow my intuition, and see what exactly is in that forest after Astronomy. No matter what.[/I] Karen placed her wand in her pocket as she walked out of the bedroom and met Ron down the stairs.[/COLOR]

[color=green]Hermione did not return to the dining hall. Instead she went directly to the astronomy room. She didn't want to face the inquiry she knew awaited her. The letter and the expression on the professors faces was enough to frighten anyone. [i]What is going on? and why is someone out to get me? What could I have done wrong?[/i] Hermione was so engrosses in these thoughts that she positively jumped when Karen tapped her on the shoulder.

"Are you alright, Hermione?" Karen asked with genuine concern in her eyes. "I've been worried since you didn't come back to the dining hall."

"How would you know she didn't come back, you took off yourself," Ron said with a sneer.

Karen paid him no attention. She just noticed the stricken look on Hermione's face. "You're frightened, aren't you." Hermione nodded. "Stick with me, Hermione. I'll do everything I can to help you find out who is sending those letters." The girls smiled at each other.

"Ah, well, isn't that sweet? I would stay away from her if I were you, Karen Black. She seems a menace to be close to. She might set you on fire." THe girls turned to face Draco Malfoy.

"Must we have every class with this twit?" Hermione said in retort to Malfoys remarks about her.

"Twit, eh? I'll have you know that I come from one of the greatest and most pure Wizarding families in society. I am not a twit, and I will teach you to respect those that are better than you, Miss Granger." Malfoy drew his wand.

The commotion had caught the attention of the other students and a large crowd was gathering around the two students who had locked eyes with each other. Both felt bent on silencing the other forever. Hermione reached for her wand, but just as she was about to draw it, a hand touched her arm. It was Harru. He shook his head at her.

"Draco, you're causing a stir again. You know that good members of society find other ways of dealing with things." He shot Draco a frosty stare. Draco sneered back at him.

"This is twice you've come between me and teaching lessons, Harru. Are you switching sides here? Why don't you just go live in the Gryffindore house? You've never struck me as such a loser before, but if this is with whom you are planning on spending your time and energies..."

"Draco, I want to keep you out of trouble. I don't want you, my oldest friend, to be expelled for nonesense. Don't be so easily insulted, and if you are going to be so sensitive, don't instigate things!"

Everyone one was staring at Harru. Draco backed down and walked back to his desk. "Harru, That was great!" Karen exclaimed.

"Yes, thank you, although I think I could have handled him." Harru gave hermione a sidelong smile.

"Ignore Draco, Miss Granger, he doesn't know any better."

Remus at this point stepped in and took Hermione's hand, "You told him off rightly, Hermione. You handled yourself very well." As Hermione smiled and hugged Remus Harru smiled at Karen and walked back to his table just in time to hear draco muttering threats about the entire Gryffindore house.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Arial]Liz began walking up the long staircase to the astronomy tower with her fellow Ravenclaws. She wished that Alex was there, but at least she would get to see her Gryffindor friends. Occupied by her thoughts, she wasn't ready when the students in front of her stopped suddenly. Someone up ahead was laughing.
"Did the Slytherins even check their schedules?!"
"They don't have astronomy until tomorrow night!"
"We've got it with the Gryffindors tonight!"
The Ravenclaws were shoved to the right side of the staircase as a disgruntled group of Slytherins began to descend. Liz, realizing what was happening, joined her classmates in laughing at the Slytherins.
"Oh, shut up, Yank!" Draco hissed at her.
"Excuse me?" she asked irritably.
"You heard what I said! All you snooty Ravenclaws are a bunch of nerds!"
Liz could no longer control her temper. In one swift movement she shoved Draco down the stairs and turned around as though nothing had happened. An avalanche of Slytherins were now falling down the stairs. The Ravenclaws began laughing even harder as they continued their trek up to the Astronomy room.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well I came back from the dead, and I'm trying to get a handle on this new version of OB, just bear with me as I try to get an entry in. BTW I love how you write Molleta! =^_^=
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling quite noble in his actions, Harru bid farewell to his newfound friends and started torwards his common room. It had indeed been a long day, and so much had happened in such a short amount of time.

Harru descended the steps to the long dank corridor, with complete decor of a plush green runner and torches that burned with a jade flame. At the end of the corridor was a large brick wall with one slightly mossy stone inset on it. Harru pressed against the stone and muttered "serpentus". The wall shifted away to reveal the slytherin Common room, lined with long green velvet davenports with silver legs, ceiling high windows concealed by long satin curtains and the room's long low fireplace that spread accross one wall.

Harru slipped past the other students of his house, some working on their first day's homework, others quietly chatting to one another. There was a group of older boys in the corner pouring a substance on several peices of parchment from a bottle that showed "assignment in a bottle".

Passing this by, the silverhaired slytherin student began his climb upwards to the first year rooms. It didn't seem fair that the first years had so far to go, while the oldest students had an easy climb to their rooms. Harru didn't really mind though, he just wanted to rest for now, and hopefully not have another run in with draco.

once he reached the top floor Harru pushed the door of his dormitory room open, slipping torwards the darkness inside. The room was empty, and the silence that greeted him was much greater than anything he had done all day.
----------------------------
Alas! Writter's block!

Yeah!!! The story is going again!!!!

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Karen was still gripping her wand in her pocket as Liz made it to the top of the stairs, and occupied the space Draco was just standing in.

"Hi, guys!" Liz said shortly out of breath from the climb, and laughing so hard.

"What happened back there?" Karen asked with a smile at her new friend as she lessened the grip on her wand.

"Just a small accident." Liz shurgged as she lead the way to the top of the tower.

All along the side of the tower, we set up many telescopes, all with what seemed like hundreds of dials that were moving of there own accord. Each telescope was pointed towards the heavens, each fixing in on it's own star. Hermione walked over to one and looked through. "Wow! It's so beautiful!" she stated. "I can see the gas just moving around the star. It's such a beutiful blue too!"

"That's not a star, it's a planet. It's Neptune." Karen said as she walked over to Hermione, and registered the cordinates from the telescope. "Based on it's location in the sky," Karen said as she looked up. "It looks like it's almost completed it's yearly cycle."

Hermione looked up from the telescope and stared at Karen. "How...how did you know that?"

"Yeah!" Liz pipped in, amazed that someone her age could know this already.

"I just do," Karen said as she shurgged her shoulders and moved to the opposite end of the tower. She couldn't tell them the truth. She didn't want to frighten them. [I]I guess knowing the cycles of the planets, and particularly the moon, is something normal people just don't know.[/I]Karen thought as she looked down upon the forest below.

All was calm in the forest, not a single tree branch was swaying from the light breeze that Karen could feel on top of the tower. All of a sudden, there was movement within the trees, as if something or someone was moving around, searching for something.A feeling of coldness swept over her body once again as Karen leaned forward to try to get a better look. She leaned so far, her body shivering, she was about to fall off the tower. As Karen started to feel herself fall, she gave out a cry. A light seemed to come in the forest, but disappeared in an instant.

"Karen!" she heard a voice yell as she felt someone grab her arm. Her body was still shivering, as she felt herself being drawn into Ron. "Karen? Are you ok?" He said with major concern in his eyes.

"Y..ye...yeah.." Karen said as she looked back over the edge of the tower from the safty of Ron's arms, trying to see what had caused the light.

"What's going on with you?" Ron asked as he felt her forehead. "Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah...I'm fine. I guess I just got a little carried away with looking at the night sky."

"Would you like to return to your dormatory?" the professor asked as he came over after spotting the commotion. "You've had a long day. Why don't you have a good nights sleep. I can tell from your friend over there that you know what's going on." He said as he nodded toward Hermione. "Go on."

"Thank you sir." Karen said as she gave Ron a slight hug, and walked down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs that lead toward the Great Hall, Karen stopped, and collapsed against the wall.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I think that's enough for today! :)

yay! the story's in motion!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Harru didn't feel content sitting in the darkness of his dormitory. it would be wrong to say that it was a dark solitude actualy, since Draco decided to take an early night.

"[i]I'll just walk around untill the rest are settled in[/i]" He thought to himself yawning.

As he walked along he didn't quite understand how big the castle was untill now, but he remembered each turn, and recognisable statue to ensure that he wouldn't get lost. Rather sooner than later he found himself traveling a corridor that would lead to the great Hall entrance. Harru debated turning aorund since there wouldn't be anyone in the Hall at this hour, yet he felt oddly strange the furthur he walked.

Something pulled at him, something called to him, something that was dark, bitter and...

"Evil" He muttered before stopping dead in his tracks. A student sat slumped against the corridor's wall, a girl, wearing Gryffindor Robes.

"Karen?" Harru called, he received no response. quickening his pace he reached his fallen friend and stooped by her side, "karen wake up"

He shook her gently, only hearing murmured cries and whimpers, as if she were having a nightmare. Harru looked around for a professor or another student, but the halls were empty. With one last glance he scooped Karen into his arms and made an attempt to carry her back to her dormitory, but something about his touch set her off.

"No! Stay away! don't touch me!" She cried from her unconsious state, flailing her arms wildly trying to get away. Harru set her back down after he was swatted in the head, holding her arms to her side in a strong embrace.

"Wake up Karen! Please!"

"n-no...." once more and she was back in a comatose state.

Harru wanted to get help, but he didn't want to leave her alone. He couldn't explain why, but this seemed far from ordinary.

------------------------------------------

Ta!

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkGreen]OOC: oh, I want to post, but I don't want to interrupt what's going on....Um...I'll backtrack!

Liz looked at Karen in surprise. She hadn't expected others to know so much about the planets. She'd taken a few basic astronomy lessons back at her muggle school in the States, but that was because she'd been a gifted student. She looked back into her telescope in awe of all she observed.
"This is so beautiful!" she gasped in amazement.
"Isn't it?"
Liz spun around surprised. Harry was standing beside her at the next telescope, agreeing with her assertion. She smiled, amiably at him.
"Yeah. I love the night sky. It's so peaceful and gorgeous! I never got a view like this back home. The cities were too bright. You could never see anything."
"I know--"
Suddenly, someone shouted, "Karen!"
She was about to fall out the window, but Ron had stopped her just in time.
Liz then realized that she'd been holding her breathe and let it out again, "Wow, that was too close."
"I think today's been a little much for all of us," Harry replied. [/font][/color]

Sorry if anyone wanted to post...I'm really impatient.
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue][I]Karen walked slowly through a dark and musty area. Tree limbs where sticking out all over, catching on her clothing. Karen looked ahead to see where she was going but saw nothing. The ground felt quiet wierd under her feet. It didn't feel like a normal forest floor, hard things where sticking up, causing her to slightly stumble, and the ground was all uneven. "Lumos" she whispered to her wand, as a small light appeared at the end. Karen looked down and screamed, only her voice could not be heard. It did not make a sound. All over the forest floor where dead bodies, bodies who looked like their soul was taken away from them. Karen rushed forward, trying to put distance between this graveyard on undug graves and herself. Karen ran and ran, until an arm came out of nowhere, and smashed her to a tree. It was there that she looked up, and saw a hooded figure coming towards her. She looked to her left, and saw more dead bodies on the ground. "I'm going to be next" she thought to herself as the figure advanced, streatching out its hand. "No! No! Don't touch me! Stay away!" Karen yelled again, her voice still unheard. The figure came closer. "no....no" she said quietly as she knew no more.....[/I]

"Is she going to be ok?" came a young man's voice.

"Yes, she'll be fine now, thanks to you getting her here. I don't know what would have happen if we waited any longer to calm that fever of hers."

Karen slowly woke up, still keeping her eyes shut, trying to figure out where she was. "Am I dead?" she though to herself. She used her senses to try to figure out the question.

Her body felt hot, as if she was sick. She felt herself lying on a most comfortable bed, with something on her forhead that was spreading coldness through her body. "Well, this is it." She said as she slowly opened her eyes.

Everything was blurry for quite a few seconds, until they came into focus. "She's waking up." a woman's voice came.

Karen looked straight up. The castle ceiling was a welcoming sight to behold. She sat up and tried to take in her suroundings.

"Carefull, carefull." Came the woman's voice again, as she rushed over to her. "You better lie back down."

"Where am I? Who are you?" Karen asked as she stared at the lady.

"You are in the Hospital wing, and I am Madam Pompfry."

"The hospital wing? How did I get here?" Karen asked as she stared at the nice old woman.

"This young gentleman was kind enough to bring you up here. You had quite a temperature." she said as she smiled, and nodded opposite her.

Karen slowly turned around. "Harru?" Karen said as she slowly smilied. Then Karen registered his face. "Harru? What happened? Who did this to you?" she asked as she touched his face, where a black eye was forming.

Harru smiled. "Actually, you did it?"

"What?" Karen said taken aback. She couldn't believe she would ever hurt one of her friends. [/COLOR][/FONT]
I think that's enough for today. Opps, gtg!

Hope you guys like fluff
-----------------------------------------------------
Harru took her hand away from his face gently, his fingers were unusualy cold. Madam Pomfrey had slipped away to tend to another student without them knowing, leaving them alone.

"you should rest a bit more" Said Harru, "you don't want to strain yourself any furthur"

Karen shifted back to lay down again, her hand still in Harru's, "I'm sorry I hit you, I-"

"...didn't know" Harru finished for her, he reached to touch his swollen face tenderly, "but I have to say, you have a pretty good swing Miss black"

Karen pulled The sheet up tp her blushing face, trynig not to look too embarassed, she was however completely surprised to meet someone like Harru.

[i]"He's so kind and gentle, not like the other slytherins, but his eyes are so sad. Why.... Why do I feel like there's something he's hiding from me?"[/i] Karen thought, watching Harru as he looked down at his hands.

[i]"She's so nice, and understanding, I've never met anything like her, but her eyes are filled with hurt. Why do I feel like she's hiding something from me?'[/i] Harru looked up from his hands meeting Karen's eyes.

"There's something I want to ask you" They both spoke out at the same time, Karen laughed lightly, "oh you first Harru"

"It's nothing...." Harru trailed off with a small smile, He then stood and smoothed out his long black robes.

"I think you really should get some rest karen" He spoke walking to the side of her bed then taking her hand, "Goodnight Milady"

Harru kissed her hand gently, with an imposed grace that he had been tauight since he was young. He then gave her one last smile then swept quietly out of the infirmary like shadow into the night.

Once back to the great hallway, Harru stopped and leaned against the wall, clutching his chest painfully, the evil was pushing to be free again. He began to weep.

[i]"I can't be around people I care about anymore. It's too hard to keep them safe."[/i] He swiped his tears away furriously then glancing at the grand oak doors to the outside, [i]"I must find this entity that's calling to me, I must finish this."[/i]

With a renewed stance, Harru stepped out of the castle, and began his march torwards the forest.

OOC: :bawl: This is so sweet!
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkRed]
Elizabeth made sure to wake up early for the second day of school since she'd gotten a late start the day before. She sat up in her bed and stretched for a few moments. Her bedding was all twisted off and halfway on the floor.
[i]I must have had an intense dream last night again. I'm usually such a peaceful sleeper.[/i]
She closed her eyes and tried very hard to remember what she'd dreamt. All she could bring up was the intensely terrified feeling that had overwhelmed during Defense Against the Dark Arts. It had come and gone so quickly, she hadn't a moment to judge where it was coming from.
Liz took a deep breath to erase the panic so she could return to the present. She had a long day ahead of her.[/font][/color]

trying to add a little depth to the character! :)
[COLOR=Blue][FONT=Century Gothic]Karen lay back in the bed in the infirmary, wondering where Harru had gone. [I]He looked so sad just now. I wonder what is bothering him[/I]. Karen thought as she turned on her side. [I]I hope it's nothing serious.[/I]
Karen closed her eyes. [I]I'm afraid. I'm afraid to fall asleep. I don't want to have another one of those dreams[/I]. Karen thought as he body shook again. [I]What are they anyway? Why am I seeing this stuff? Is it because...?[/I]

[COLOR=Sienna]She's is definatly HER daughter.[/COLOR] A voice entered Karen's head. [I]This voice. I remember it from when I was young. But what does it mean?[/I]

Karen tried to remember what the old man looked liked who had said this. [I]I remember I was standing next to Uncle Remus, something had just happened.[/I] Karen strained hard to remember.

[I]Nothing. It's no use[/I]. She thought as she turned over on her back, and tried to remeber all the things that happened today. [I]So many things.....so many people..[/I].Karen thought. A smile came across her face as she thought of Harru. [I]Where ever you are, please be ok[/I]. she thought as she closed her eyes.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkslategray]Hermione had seen Karen almost fall out of the window. She had watched her leave. She wanted to go with her, but she had to stay. Upon returning to Gryffindore, the group of friends found that Karen was not there. Hermione was now really worried. Karen didn't seem well.

"Does anyone know where Karen might be, she's not in the common room or her bedroom." Hermione asked Ron and Harry.

"She left class really early, what do you mean she's not around?" Ron looked very worried all of the sudden. He all but leapt out of the chair to go to Karen's room. Remus was sitting nearby and soon joined them.

Ron didn't even knock as he entered Karen's room. Her roomates didn't really approve, but he didn't care. "She's not here!" Ron exclaimed.

"I told you that already," Hermione said to Ron as she rolled her eyes. Now everyone was worried.

"we have to find her. She was actling really strange today." Everyone looked at Harry as he said this.

"Harry, we can't go out, we have a curfew," Hermione tried to talk reason to him, but to no avail, the three boys were already out the door.[/color]

[SIZE=1][B]OOC: Sorry I wasn't posting, I forgot completely about this! ^_^;; Special thanks to Molleta for tell me what was going on, I was lost, everyone say thanks, NOW!!! *evil stare* only joking. Thanks Molleta.

IC:

Remus walked out with the others.

"Hermione, c'mon we've got no choice! Let's just go forget about the curfew, I mean, there IS more important things in this situation." Remus said. Hermione sighed and followed them out.

[I]God damnit I need to stop doing these things...[/I] Remus said in his head. They all stood staring, and began to walk...[/B]

OOC: Horrible return...[/SIZE]

Welcome Back, Vicky!

[color=green]Hermione followed the boys out of the room. "Stop! STOP!!" She yelled. We can't just go off without some sort of plan. We need to be logical about this. We should start near the observatory, since that's where we last saw her."

"Good thinking, Hermione," Harry said. "We'll need our wands as well, just in case." They all went to retrieve their wands and met back in the common room. Harry opened the door and looked to make sure no one would see them, then the three of them all rushed down they hallway. They were trying to be as quiet as they could. Once in a while someone would whisper Karen's name as if to call to her. They did not want to get caught, they knew there would be strict ramifications.

As they were about to reach the observatory, they heard voices. They four Gryffindores stopped in their tracks to pressed against the wall, as if hoping to melt into it. They listened.

"It was this window, I'm sure. I wonder what she saw that made her lean so far," It was a female voice.

Another voice responded, "Well, if you'd let someone else look, we might be able to get somewhere," and then giggles. Two girls, they went on for a bit more when suddenly Hermione recognized one of the voices.

"LIz?" She stood up and went around the corner to see her new Ravenclaw friend staring out of a telescope at the same window Karen had almost fallen from.

"what are you doing here?" THe girls asked in perfect unison.

"Karen isn't in Griffendore Tower. We're trying to find her." Hermione answered the mutual question.

"We wanted to know what she saw. She's not dumd enough just to lean to far out the window. This is Alex, she's a Hufflepuff. I told her about what happened and she wanted to come with me to find out."

At this time Harry stepped forward, "Hermione, we have to find her, and she's obviously not here. Let's go."

"We'll come with you! If we find her, she can tell us herself." Liz grabbed Alex's hand and pulled her along.

"Why don't you just go to Prof McGonagul and ask? She's the head of Gryffindore and she's sure to know." Alex made a good point. Everyone just looked at each other. Suddenlt Harry and Ron turned and were walking down the hall again. Everyone else could just follow.[/color]

yeah! Vicky's back! lol...i really don't know what to put, but I hate waiting!

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Karen shot up in bed breathing deeply as she clutched her chest.

"Why...why do I keep having this dream?" she asked herself as the vision of the hooded figure flashed back into her mind.

"Stop it!" she yelled as she grabbed her head and covered her ears.

"why....why?" she asked as a tear rolled down her check. [I]Why am i so afraid? I can take on anything. More than he ever could. I have to be stronger[/I].

Karen stood up and walked over to the windowsill, gazing out into the evening sky as she wiped the tear from her face. [I]I can do this. I just have to stop thinking about it. I just hope everyone, especially Harru is ok[/I].
[COLOR=Red]
"Make sure he doesn't get himself into any trouble."[/COLOR] Mr. Weasley's voice entered her head. Karen laughed in spite of herself.

"It looks like I have two boys to take care of now." she said as she smiled. Just then, she heard a commotion down the hallway.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Alex walked behind Liz wondering why she was here looking for a girl that she didn't even know.Alex heard footsteps.
"Guys over here".Alex said pulling Liz behind a wall.Prof.Snape walked by his beady black eyes scanning the area.He turned down the hall that they were hiding along.Alex changed her appearence into Flich lukily for her Flich was short.
"Why are these students out of class Fich"?Snape asked.
"That's what I was about to ask them sir".Alex replied in her best Flich voice.
"Good make sure they're punished".Snape said as he walked away.Alex chaged back to herself and stuck out her tounge at Snape.
"Wow that was cool"!Hermione said.
"I didn't know that you could change your whole appearence Alex"!Liz said.
"Ya well I can't change my hieght I think.".Alex repiled.
"Your pretty handy to have around".Ron said.Alex blushed a little but recovered.
"We better get going".hArry stated as he started runing off.Liz grabbed Alex's hand again almost ripping her arm out of the soket.[/COLOR]

[color=green]The 6 students made their way down the hall. Hermione held back to talk to Alex. "That was really spectacular. Have you always been able to do that?"

"Yeah. It's handy, but I try not to let many people know. I don't want to be taken advantage of, you know. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't tell anyone else about my ability, ok."

"Alright. I think I understand. I tell Harry, Remus and Ron how you feel. I am sure they will understand too."

Just then they heard a scream ring out through the hall.

"Where did that from?!" Hemione said as she looked around.

"This way!" Harry and Ron yelled and ran in the direction of the hospital wing. Everyone else followed. There they found Karen sitting straight up in bed sweating. Hermione ran to her bedside. It seemed to take a moment before Karen knew she was there.

"Karen! Are you alright? We were so worried." Hermione said urgently. Karen reached out and gave her a hug. She started to cry."No, I'm not alright, I'm not alright." Karen continued to sab on Hermione's shoulder as everyone gathered around. Just then the lights went up. Professor Dumbledore stood in the doorway.

"It is a little late for visiting hours, students. What are you all doing here?"[/color]

OOC: hey it's been a while since I've written anything for this RPG, and I'll explain why. I've been accessing the OB through my school's computers since my own comp at home broke down. The school computer advisor (whatever he is) came to me about a week ago and said that accessing message boards were illegal at school. so now the site's blocked, and I'm only able to post on weekends! This severely cuts into my posting time, I hope you understand. I'd add a bit right now but I'm using the computer at work, and I'm strapped for time.

I'll edit this later into an entry, sorry guys!

OOC: That's real sad... *sniffs* But I'll try to post a little now since I'm stilll getting back into the story, heh.

Remus spun around and saw Dumbledore standing near the doorway. He gulped.

[I]"Now you're in for it..."[/I] Remus thought to himself. He didn't want to explain anything right now, so he nudged Hermione hard.

[I]"Correction... we're in for it...[/I] He thought again gulping, or maybe Dumbledore wasn't going to be mad at them, Remus had never really seen him mad. Remus just looked away avoiding eye contact with anyone else.

OOC: Like I said... I'm not sure what to post.

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Karen looked up at all the people who seemed to come out of nowhere. Hermione was gently hugging her, as she noticed tears where streaming down her face. Ron, seeing Karen in the bed rushed over to her, and took her from Hermione, holding her close to him. "I was so scared Ron," Karen whispered into his ear as he held her, and saw the Headmaster enter the room.

"It's my fault, sir." Ron said as he looked straight into the Headmaster's eyes. "I was worried about Karen."

"She didn't return to the common room sir, after she left earlier from Astronomy class." Hermione pipped in, handing Karen a hancherchief. "We were worried something might have happened to her....after what happened in the tower."

"And what did happen?" The headmaster asked as he looked through his spectacles at the group surrounding Karen's bed.

"She..." Ron started as he looked down on Karen. "She had another accident."

The group looked at Karen, who was slightly shaking as she held on to Ron.[/COLOR][/FONT]

sorry it's so short, but pressed for time!

OOC: ok, here's something.
------------------------------------------------

Harru groaned as he untangled a gnarly twig from his robe for the umpteenth time since he had entered the forest, why or how he was doing this was beyond his understanding. A crescent silver moon peeked through the web of branches above, giing little to no light on the forest floor below. All around was dead silent, the hoot of an owl or the croak of a frog didn't exist in this place, and that was too bad, because harru was getting a bit nervous, listening to the ragged sound of his own panicked breathing and the shuffling of feet through foliage.

Turning back would have been a treat, but even if he had known wich way to go, the pull this entity had on him was far too strong to resist. Soon he found himself in a small, dank clearing, dimly lit by the moon above. This is where Harru felt the darkness that had crept in his mind all day. He was about to meet his master.

"where are you?" He spoke softly, still startled by the sound his voice made in the silence. a light breeze filtered through the forest, making the sounds of the leaves and trees come alive all around him.

"Right here my puppet" Spoke a raspy voice off to his left. Harru had jerked his head in the dirrection, but all he could see was darkness.

"Come out where I can see you." He said, his failed atempt at authority sounding meek.

a sickly chuckle errupted now from his right side, "You couldn't see me ifyou tried, boy."

"Show Me!!!" Harru shouted drawing his wand, a seven inch ashwood with a sun dragon's heartstring for a core.

"Fool!!!" The voice shouted back at him, "You think you can challange me! I made you what you were! Without me, you wouldn't even exist!"

Harru lowered his wand slowly, not only in fear, but in currosity, "what do you mean, 'I wouldn't exist without you'?"

The sickly laugh began again, "that is something that could be gained.......as a reward."

"I'm not playing any games"

"neither am I, now listen." The voice grew quiet, "I will tell you whatever you desire, grant you the greatest power give you what your deepest desires can muster."

There was a pause.

"the catch?" Harru asked, feeling ashamed deep down for even considering.

"The catch" the voice contimued, growing even more distant, "is her."

A vision of a ghostly Karen appeared before Harru, she was smiling at him, her mouth was mooving, but he couldn't hear what she was saying. Mesmorized by this vision of his friend, Harru put his wand away, taking a step closer.

"What is you want me to do."

"Bring this girl, here, I can make her yours, all you need to do is bring her here."

"yes." harru spoke quietly, almost as quietly and raspily as the voice addressing him.

"good" The voice answered, dissapearing along with Karen's vision.

Harru couldn't explain how, but the next moment he found himself in the corridor leading to the infirmary. It wasn't untill he had his hand resting on the doornob to the hospital wing that it had dawned on him to what he was doing.

"No!" He hissed throwing himself against the opposite wall, "why would I trust that voice? And Karen's sick, she's not leaving."

[i]"he could make her better"[/i] his own voice answered back, [i]"and she would be gratefull to you forever..."[/i]

Harru paused, looking at the door, and listening to the excited chatter of voices inside. Was his self discovery, the knowlege of what controlled him that strong of an issue that he had to know? That he would endanger the life of a dear friend for his own selfish needs?

"Maybe that's why I'm in slytherin." He thought dryly with an amused snort, "only thinking about myself"

Harru shrugged lightly, then walked into the infirmary quietly.

Continuing my last post.....

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]"I see," the Heamaster said as he looked at Karen . The group was all quiet until..

"Wait a minute, Ron. How do you know that's what happened. And what do you mean by an accident?" Hermione said, apparently seeing that there was a common agreement between Ron and the Headmaster that something had happened that wasn't a shock to them.

"I've know Karen my entire life." Ron said defendsivly. "I think I can tell when there's something wrong with her."

"Ms. Black," the Headmaster started before the quarrell erupted. "Do you mind to tell us what happened. Both before and what your dream was?"

"Dream?" Hermione said queitly as Karen started to explain.

"Well, sir, I was standing on the Astronomy tower, looking on the grounds, when all of a sudden I found myself looking at the forest. I felt some sort of pull or something, and the next thing i knew i was falling. It was there that I saw a light flicker in the forest, just before Ron grabbed me. The professor then sent me to my homeroom. But i never made it there. I guess i collapsed on the way, because the next thing i remember i was having that dream."

"What was your dream this time," the Headmaster said to get Karen started again.

Karen relayed the events of her dream, not leaving out any detail. When she finished there was a wierd silience in the air. Ron was holding her and looking to Harry who looked kinda shocked. Hermione was covering her mouth as Remus held her up. Liz and Alex where clutching on to one another. "Dead bodies," came an audible whister from one of them. Karen looked to the floor, as everyone was once again staring at her.

"But....but how did you get up here?" Hermione asked shakenly.

Karen smiled as she contiuned to look down at the floor. "Harru."

"Very well." the Headmaster said as he stood up. "I will give you all a chance to say Good Night to Karen. Then I will lead you all to your common rooms. Students should not be out of bed at this time of night. That means you too, Mr. Weasley." THe Headmaster said as he looked at Ron, and then walked out of the infirmary.

Whether by the fact that the Headmaster did not notice, or he did not seem to care, Harru went unnoticed as the Headmaster left, standing in a dark corner, watching the events play out.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]OOC: Heh, I can post now!!

[B]Remus wasn't sure what he just heard. It all seemed a little strange, and so many questions that could be asked, but they only had little time left to say good night. Remus looked over at Dumbledore, who was waiting for them.

[I]He sounds like he doesn't care...[/I] Remus thought to himself.

[I]I wonder if he does...[/I] He added. Everything seemed a little strange these days, maybe Remus should've just stayed at home, but atleast he's made friends for once.

"Well err... 'night..." Remus muttered, waiting for the others to say goodnight.[/SIZE][/B]

Harru grimaced slightly at the scene before him, there were too many people around for him to be comfortable talking to karen.

"maybe I'll come back later" he murmured quietly to himself, turning torwards the door, he thought he was free untill...

"Harru?"

He stopped dead in his tracks, then looked back at karen sullenly, her gaze was warm and welcoming, but the others only glared forignly, as if he were beneith them all. With a slight sigh he stepped into the light, and moved slowly torwards the bed.

"Harru, I didn't know you were here." Karen said with a air of wonderment and releif, Harru smiled gently at her, and for a moment, they seemed alone again.

"Harru, you mean he's the one who brought you here?" Ron spoke, cutting into their daydream and placing himself firmly between the two. He stood tall, almost as if he were sizing Harru up, he couldn't explain why, but this white haired boy seemed a threat.

Harru watched Ron carefully, a new sense of loathing and unredeemable negative power seemed to well up in him. How dare this riff-raff involve himself?! He knew nothing, and knowing nothing he had no right to come between Harru and his prize.

Prize?

Harru shook his head lightly freeing himself from these thoughts, he suddenly felt sick, he shouldn't even have been here. Looking up slowly at Ron, he uttered the excuse,

"I came to say goodnight" then swept from the room as quickly and as quietly as a graveyard shadow.

-----------------------
Blah, that was short and pointless....