OtakuBoards

Harry Potter: The Search for Truth

duorocks17

[color=green]Hermione stood, horrified as she listened to Karen recount her dream to Dumbledore and the others. She had never imagined that Karen's subconscious could hold such gore, such gruesomeness. At some point, without her noticing her hand had raised to cover her mouth. It was all she could do to keep from crying.

The room started to spin. Hermione felt out of control and dizzy. Just as her knees went completely weak, she felt an arm around her waist. She turned to find Remus holding her up. He gave her a nod and a weak smile. She felt a slight squeeze at her waist, as if to say, "I'm not going to let you fall." At this point, hermione looked at the others. Many seemed to be havig the same almost painful reaction to Karen's story. Everyone seemed a bit paler in the face by the end of the tale, especially Ron.

After the story had unfolded, everyone was sadly invited to leave by the Headmaster. As everyone was leaving, Karen noticed Harru. Hermione remembered him as the boy who had given her a handkerchief after her first letter. He had a strange look on his face, as if it were difficult for him to be in the room. He looked like he was grappling with himself. She almost expected him to start talking to himself audibly. She suddenly became very anxious and didn't want Karen to be alone with him. She then looked at Karen's face...she was genuinely happy to see him. The look they shared seemed to calm him down quite a bit, then Ron felt the need to intervene.

[i]He's making a spectacle of himself. Harru brought Karen here, he poses no threat. I don't think he could harm someone if he tried to.[/i]

As Hermione watched Harru step closer to the bed, she smiled at Remus. "Will you walk me back to Gryffindore now?" she asked him without being noticed by the others. "I am not feeling well, and i need to lie down." Remus responded with the largest smile he had ever felt cross his face. There were no need for words to answer Hermiones request. The two of them turned and left the Hospital Wing and headed for Gryffindore.

Thoughts swirled in Hermione's head. [i]Poor Karen. So many things must have happened to her. She's seen so much, and yet...yet she seems so happy most of the time, so carefree.[/i] Tears welled up in Hermione's eyes and Remus stopped walking and looked at her with concern.

"What's wrong, Hermione? Did Karen's dream upset you that much?"

"I think that's only part of it, Remus. It's been a lot of stress the last day or two, between letters trying to incinerate me and Karen being ill and disappearring. It's all showing now. I can't be strong all the time."

Remus took her hand. "I shall help you, Hermione. I am not a strong person, but I shall be one for you when you need it." Remus looked at the floor shyly. Hermione was shocked by his words. Just as she was about to respond Remus lifted his face, it was bright red. He was smiling again, "After all, it's the least I can do if you're going to help with my home work." The two Gryffindores laughed quietly and turned to go.

It did not take long for the rest of the group to spot Remus and Hermione walking down the hall, but it was Liz who first noticed they were holding hands. SHe decided to let them finish their walk alone. "It seems strange things are afoot tonight, will you boys make sure that we get safely to our towers?" Harry and Ron obliged, though grudgingly.

As Hermione and Remus turned a corner, they caught sight of something on the ground outside of the door to the Griffindore tower. It was an envelop addressed to Hermione. She picked it up and looked at it. This time she could not hold back the tears and she started to cry. "Why?!? Whay is someone sending me these awful things?" Remus took it from her hand. Tears had fallen on the ink and Hermione's name could barely be read.

"This one looks different, Hermione." Remus said as he turned the letter in his hands. He felt it move on it's own and it suddenly started to float in the air. The two students watched as the ribbon untied itself. A green light of magic filled the air from the open letter and the two Gryffindores instantaniously fell to the floor, unconscious.[/color]

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]"Good night everyone," Karen said as she watched the group leave. Hermione and Remus where the first to go, then Liz, and Alex, finally Harry and ...

"Please be carefull, Karen." Ron said as he finally let go of her and stood up to walk out of the infirmary. "You know where to find me if you need me. I'll come straight back as soon as i get a chance this morning."

"Thanks Ron." Karen said as a small tear went down her cheek as she watched Ron give her one more brotherly smile, and then leave.

Karen laid back down in bed, but still afraid to fall asleep. [I]That was kinda wierd. They just seemed to show up out of nowhere. I wonder what the others think now that they know about my 'special" ability. I guess they just think its a dream...they wouldn't and don't need to know it was a premonition.[/I]

Karen turned over on her side as she gazed out the window of the infirmary. [I]Ron sure got jealous when Harru showed up. At least I know that he's ok, but there was something.....it seemed something was different about him. Something in his eyes....maybe I was just seeing things[/I]. Karen thought as her body beat her will power and she once again shut her eyes, this time, for a hopefully peacefull sleep.[/COLOR][/FONT]

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in so long. At least the play's over. No more rehearsals. No more performances. I can have a life again!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkGreen]"How 'bout if I take Liz to the Ravenclaw common room, and you can take Alex to the Hufflepuff's, Ron?" Harry suggested. "We'll spend less time roaming the corridors that way."
Ron shrugged grudgingly, "sure."
"Good night, guys!" Liz called out as Ron and Alex trudged down the east corridor.
"Where's your common room?" Harry asked.
"Down the south hall."
The two walked on in silence for some time. Liz became increasingly aware of how quiet her school could be at night. She suddenly felt very secluded and wanted to reach her room as quickly as possible.
She led Harry up a set of stairs and past the Defense Against the Dark Arts room. Liz stopped for a moment and gasped. She felt a ghost of the chill that had overcome her during the class.
Harry halted with her, concerned, "Are you alright? You went really pale all of the sudden!"
Liz shook herself, "I'm fine, just a bit tired. I just need to get to bed."
"Are you sure?" Harry grasped her arm to steady her.
"Yeah. Don't worry about me."
She turned to him, and they locked eyes for a moment. Liz turned away again, blushing.
"Well, at least your color's back," Harry said laughing, somewhat nervously.
She grinned back and led him down the hall again to the statue of serene unicorn. She turned the horn down and recited the password, "Bella."
"Good night, Liz."
"Good night, Harry."
Liz felt herself blush again as she hurried into her common room.
[i]What is [/i]wrong[i] with me? I've never been like this around a guy before! I'm usually so calm and collected. I really need to get a grip.[/i]
She climbed the stairs to her dorm room and crept quietly to her. She had changed her clothes and pulled back the sheets when she suddenly felt a memory of the chill race through her body. She clenched her teeth and shuddered for a moment.
[i]Something's up here.[/i] she thought to herself in a panic.[/font][/color]

[color=dimgray]Hermione's eyes opened slowly. It didn't matter though, it was just as dark with them open as having them closed had been. As her eyes adjusted she started to explore herself with her hands. She didn't know where she was, but she knew it was not her dorm room. She was starting to be able to make out shadows when she heard some movement to her right. There was a moan, she recognized the voice as Remus.

"Remus?" she wispered just in case. All she was answered with was another moan. Once she had decided that she was physically alright, she started to look for her wand. She couldn't find it anywhere. She wondered if the illumination spell would work without it. She wispered some syllables into the darknes. Suddenly a faint light appearred and revealed Remus. He quickly covered his eyes.

"Hermione? Do you know where we are?" Suddenly the light flickered away and there was only darness again. It seemed darker this time, much darker. Hermione had ascertained that they were in a cave or underground cavern during the brief lighting spell. She had seen roots hanging down from the ceiling.

"Remus, do you have your wand? I don't know where we are, but I can't find mine and we need at least one." At that moment a dim light shone at a distance to their left. The light obscured the source from their site. "Who is there? Why are we here?"

"You are not welcome in this place. I've warned you," [i]the letters[/i] Hermione thought, "and yet you remain. You must leave, you will only bring death and ruin to this place.

"I don't know what you mean. I don't mean any harm, I just want to learn magic."

"It is not your place, Hermione Granger. You were not meant for that. You didn't leave, and now I will keep you here, deep in the forest. You have already brought ruin to your companion. He must now stay here too." The light faded. Hermione ran to where is had been. She felt the walls with her hands and found no opening. They were trapped.[/color]

EDIT: Vicky, I hope this may help you get back into the story. We are our own arc right now. ;)

[SIZE=1][OOC: Yes, it helps me a lot, thanks! *huge, happy, insane grin*

IC: [B]Remus looked around him, at the darkness. He ran up to where Hermione was, and almost ran into the wall.

"Who put that there?" He asked, looking confused. "And what was that... that... thing on about?It I'm right, and If he meant you shouldn't be learning magic then I don't see why wizards should be either. Everyone has a right to learn magic." Remus said.

"That's not what the certain person thinks..." Hermione replied. "There must be a way out, the person, or whoever it was got out..." She added.

"Maybe it was magic. Seriously. We don't have our wands..." Remus muttered looking down at nothing but darkness. "Like you said, there has to be some way out..."

"How do we get out without light? I can't see a thing." Hermione replied. Remus chuckled.

"You know in those movies and stuff? Where people are trapped? There's always a loose brick or something. I'm not saying this is like a movie, but I think since knowing about the "loose bricks" and stuff, people started doing that. So where ever we are, there has to be a secret(sp?) way out or something..." Remus suggested. A cold, icy wind hit them, making Remus and Hermione shivver. This was getting really creepy. "Is it just me... or did you feel a cold wind...?" Remus asked.[/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]The soft morning sunlight was pouring in through the infirmary window as Karen slowly opened her eyes. Her first notion was to shake off the events of the dream she had yet again. They didn't seem to upset her that much this time, maybe she was just getting used to it. [I]At least i had a semi-good rest.[/I] Karen thought as she sat up in bed as the witch came over to check on her.

"Well, good morning sunshine." she said as she placed the back of her hand on Karen's forehead. "It looks like your doing a lot better. Do you feel like going to class today?"

"Actually, yeah i do. I don't want to miss having more fun with my friends. And besides, I'm kinda used to this sort of thing happening." Karen said as she got out of bed and streatched.

"Ok, I got you some new clothes sent down from your dormatory. They are sitting on the chair over there." she said as she pointed to the chair next to the window. "And please take this before you leave. It will help you gain a little bit of the strength you lost." she added as she placed a glass filled with a goup of gunk that was green.

"Thank you ma'm." Karen said as tired to avoid the nasty color of the concoction, and headed over to her clothes as the witch closed the curtain around her bed. Karen was just getting dressed when she heard the door to the infirmary open, and a voice she knew all to well.

"Please, I need to see Karen." came Ron's voice as the witch held him back.

"Don't worry young man. She's perfectly fine. She's getting dressed for school. I insist you wait till she's done. Otherwise i might have to put a spell on you."

Ron sighed heavily as he took a seat on one of the beds, looking out the infirmary door. "But this is really important." He muttered to himself.

"Ok, I'm done." Karen said as she pushed the curtain back, and drank the class the witch had laid out for her. It tasted like onions and green pepers, and Karen had to put her hand up in order not to spit it back out.

"Karen!" Ron said as he ran up to her and hugged her, but making sure she swalled before he did. "There's something wrong! Hermione and Remus didn't return to the tower!"

"What?" Karen said as she lead Ron out of the infirmary. "Thank you again ma'm." she yelled to the witch.

Karen ran down into the Great Hall where Harry and Liz and Alex where waiting.

"We've looked in the Library, and some of the classes." Liz said as Ron was panting to get some air.

"Why don't we spilt up and try to find them." Alex said.

"Maybe they're having fun together." Liz wispered to Karen, who held back a laugh.

"This is no time for laughing Karen." Ron said as he looked around.

"Alex has a good idea, Ron." Harry said. "We should split up."

"Ok, Harry, you and Liz go search upstairs in the classrooms one more time. Ron, you and Alex go search the dungeons, and I'll look outside." Karen said.

"But...wait..." Ron started.

"We've got to find them before morning classes start." Karen said as she looked at her watch. "If we can't find them, we'll meet again in first hour."

Everyone nodded in agreement, as Ron still looked puzzled. "Good luck everyone." Karen said as she headed for the Enterance Doors. Karen wasn't really watching where she was going, and ran into someone with a thud.

"Oh my! I'm tremendously sorry." Karen said as she pushed her hair out of her eyes. "I didn't mean to.....Harru?" Karen said as she realised the white haired heap as her friend.

"Oh Harru." Karen said as she helped him up and hugged him. "You've got to help me look for Hermione and Remus. They didn't return to the tower last night."

Harru nodded as he took Karen's hand and lead her out to the grounds.[/COLOR][/FONT]

lol, i hope that was good to get everyone back into the story...the search begins!

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkRed]"Well, let's get started!" Liz cried out urgently.
"What's your first hour? We should start so that we end closest to our first classes," Harry replied.
"I have History of Magic on the first floor this morning."
"Really? Me, too. Let's start at the top and work our way down."
"Sounds good to me!"
Within a few minutes, Liz and Harry had reached the top floor and were running as quickly as the could through each corridor searching for their friends. They finished the top floor, and began running down the stairs to the next floor. Liz spun around the corner as fast as she could, searching frantically.
BANG
Liz ran smack into her darling cousin, Malfoy.
"Watch where you're going, Jones!!"
"Get lost, Draco!"
Harry stood back surprised. He'd never seen Liz so forceful.
"Hey, we don't want any trouble, let's go, Liz."
Harry began to drag Liz away.
"Yeah, you're dad was yellow livered, too, Potter!"
Harry clenched his fists tightly. Malfoy had just gone too far.[/font][/color]

Harru grasped Karen's hand tightly as they headed down the school's steps. This was no coincidence, she was meant to stumble nito him alone, he was meant to take her into the forest, everything was falling into place.

That previous evening, Harru groaned through his sleep, trying to avoid the entity within him. After hearing enough, Draco kicked him out of the room on the pretenses of Harru disturbing his "beauty" sleep. Harru spent the rest of the evening rocking nervously on one of the velvet green couches untill the first rays of the sun peeked into the common room. Harru had stumbled about sleepily all mornign untill he had run into Karen. Now it was easy as long as she decided to follow him, soon it would all be over with.

"in there?" Karen asked nervously, she peeked around from Harru as if he were a barrier for the evil that seemed to leak from the depths of the forest. Harru turned to her looking down through heavy lidded sleep-deprived eyes,

"This is where I saw them" He said tonelessly, his personality was now slowly slippng away into a dark and empty place.

"Maybe we should get the others first" Karen said defiantly.

"We can't!" Harru hissed at her, whipping around violently. When he noticed that he was begining to frighten Karen he mustered one of his meek smiles, "it could be to late for them"

"but-" She began but was cut off when Harru grasped her hand and drew her close into an embrace.

"nothing will happen to you, not while you're with me, I promise" He felt like screaming inside, he only wished she would be safe, that this part of him would never take advantage of her again. But it wasn't true.

"I trust you" Karen spoke softly. that was the twist of the knife on Harru's conscience.

"alright" He turned from her to wipe away the anguished tears before they headed into the mist and danger ahead.

---------------------------------------

*gasp* such angst! I'm surprised I can write like this before passing out from this fever of mine.

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Karen kept a tight grip on Harru's hand as he lead her through the thick underbrush of the forest. She knew that Harru wouldn't hurt her, not after what had happened the previous night. But somehow, Harru looked a little different. There was something in his eyes...but Karen couldn't quite figure it out.

"Harru, are you feeling ok?" she asked after calling Hermione's name at least a dozen of times.

"Why do you ask?" Harru said with a little bit of intensity in his voice, that Karen was sure he didn't mean.

"It's just, you seem...oh i don't know, nevermind." Karen said as she started to rub her arms, the intesitity of the forest was getting to her again, as Harru led her deeper and deeper.

"I'm just tired, that's all." Harru said as they made their way to a clearing. "I bet you are too." he said with a half smile.

"Yeah.." Karen started but then she realized where she was. [I]This place....it looks just like...my dream![/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
One, Two, Three...CLEAR!

[color=green]Hermione was getting used to the dark. She wanted to search her surroundongs, but she didn't want to stray too far from Remus. He seemed really frightened, and Hermione didn't know what she could do for him. She decided to look about. She gave Remus' hand a squease and explained it to him what she was going to do. As she stood up, her foot caught on something. she felt about and found a stick. From her measurement it was about a meter long. She raised the stick over her head, trying to guage the height of the cavern. She didn't make contact anywhere.

As she walked, trying to find out how large the cavern was she used the stick to sure up her footing. She made way to her left and found the wall. She stuck the stick into the wall about chest height to mark her starting place. She then walked around the area, keeping to the wall until she found the stick again. There had been no openings in the wall. She didn't know what to do.

"Remus. Say something so I can find where you are."

"I'm over here, Hermione. I haven't moved." Remus kept mumbling things until Hermione sat down next to him again. "I'm hungry, Hermione. What are we going to eat? Do you think we'll die down here?"

"Not if I can help it." Hermione said resolutely "I wonder if my fire spell will work without my wand. At least we'd have some light." Hermione broke the stick in half and then again. As she stacked them she braced herelf for failure. She recited the words of the spell and focused on the pile. Suddenly Remus' face appearred before her. Tears rolled down her face as she realized her spell had worked. "Quick, Remus, we need more wood to feed this flame." The two searched the lighted area for twigs and kindling. soon the fire was bigger and in no danger of going out. The ceiling was still not visible, even in the fire light. It was just too high.

"Remus, I wonder. Do you think we could pile up some dirt and see if one or both of us could reach the top. It may be only a short distance to the surface. If we could reach the top, we may be able to claw our way out." [/color]

I'm sorry that it's taking me so long to post! Let's put some life back into this RP!
----------------------------------------------------

Karen felt several shudders run up and down her spine, she began to walk out of the clearing.

"harru, let's-" She stopped realizing that Harru had a firm grip on her hand, and wasn't letting go, his eyes seemed dark and unfamiliar.

"Stop it Harru you're scaring me."

Still no response, he cracked a smile, then pulled Karen close to hold her still.

"Dark Lord!" He called into the forest, the sounds of birds taking flight in fear errupted above them, "I have brought what you wanted! Come into me my master!"

Karen couldn't even shout out in response, she was terrified, but more so hurt. How could Harru do something like this to her? Why was it that whenever she trusted someone, terrible things happen? The clearing grew cold, karen could see her and harru's breath in the dim light.

"Very well my heir" a soft eerie voice hissed, Karen's eyes darted about wildly to see where the voice came from, untill she realized that it came from Harru's mouth.

She fought to get away, but the frail young boy had become much stronger as he held her close. Eventualy the hurt inside of her won as she cried against the fake Harru's chest in defeat.

"There, there" he spoke again in mock sympathy, "the boy you call Harru is perfectly safe, I can't say the same for you however..."

"h-how could you?" Karen choked between sobs, but the dark lord didn't answer. Karen looked up into his eyes and saw something familiar.

"Harru?"

"Karen..." He flinched threw her down and clutched his head, "Noooooooo!" The hissing voice screamed, then, "Karen Run!!! Run Away!"

And run she did, she didn't take any chances to see if the hunched form on the ground was alright. As her hastened footsteps faded into the forest a voice screamed at Harru.

"Fool! we almost had her!!!"

Harru grinned, his face still against the ground, "you almost had her."

"you plotted this, I know somehow..."

"Of course i did, do you think I would do something like that to know who I really am?" He began to get to his feet.

Laughter errupted through the forest, "clever, much like myself, and ruthless too. Away from my forest heir, I tire of your company."

With another glare into the clearing, Harru followed Karen's path.

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]The sharp, thorny branches wipped at Karen's face and arms as she ran as fast as she could from the clearing. Karen didn't even try to push the branches away. She knew she had to run. Run as fast as she could. One particular branch smashed hard against her face, causing it to bleed, but Karen didn't notice. The pain was nothing compared to the pain she was feeling in her heart.

[I]Why is it everytime i get close to someone, something always happens? Why do these things keep happening to me? Why can't I just live a normal life, with a normal family?[/I]

Karen finally made it out of the forest, and started to run toward the castle. The pebbles of the gravel caused her footing to fauter and she feel to the ground.

[I]Why? Why did Harru betray me? He betrayed my feelings for him.[/I] Karen thought as tears contiuned to flow down her cheecks. [I]But wait. that wasn't really Harru was it? It was like, something was controlling him. But what? Why would Harru be controlled? Why does someone want me dead?[/I]

Karen heard running footsteps behind her as she wiped the tears from her eyes. "Why?" she asked without looking up from the ground.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=green]The fire flickered and dimmed. The scant light glowed against the backs of the children, digging feverishly. Every so often, on would turn from the hole and use their hands to pack the pile of dirt theey were building to avoid it spilling or collapsing. They hand no tools, only their hands. Blisters were starting to rise and more than one finger nail had been lost to their quest.

"Remus, stop for a moment. Just rest." Hermione took off her blazeer and threw it on the fire. It gave new life to the dying flame. In the rekindled flame Hermione saw the despair in the dirt-smudged face of her companion. She knew it was mirrorred in her own. She felt tears well up in her eyes and the warmth as they ran down her face. The started slowly, but soon her sadness was just too much for her to hold back. "It's so hopeless, Remuss. What are we going to do? And to think, you're here because of of me. If you hadn't walked me back to the tower, You'd be safein bed. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Remus."

"Hermione, if I were safe in bed right now you would be here all by yourself. Not that I'm the best company, mind you. I wouldn't want you to be alone now. Bang up job I did of making sure you got back to the tower safely." Remus laughed dejectedly at himself.

With a sudden gust of air the cavern was plunged into darkness. [i]You children have been busy, I see. What are you doing? trying to tunnel out? No use going down, you're already under everything. There is no way out, children. It is a shame that one of you is here needlessly. You should be more selective about your company.[/i] Although it was dark, they knew the presence was gone.

Hermione heard movement and then heard Remus start digging. She smiled gently to herself and joined him in the hole. Suddenly it seemed to her very much like a shallow grave. "I'll get you out here, Hrmione. I promise."

Above ground the searches were continuing, to no avail. Liz and Harry were frantically searching the upper classrooms, while Ron and Alex were in the dungeon. "Where could they be?" Ron wondered out loud in exasperation. "If only I had been there. Now Karen's off by herself outside. What if something happens to her? My family will kill me. I am supposed to take care of her." It was nearing classtime, so they headed back upstairs to meet the others and see if they had any more luck.[/color]

OOC: Opps, forgot about this ^_^;;

[SIZE=1][B]"That voice creeps me out..." Remus muttered. He kept on digging at the dirt and putting it on top of the pile already beside him. He stopped for a moment and rubbed his hands, then began digging again. It seemed like they where going on forever, and still not making any difference.

"If this doesn't work... how will we get out?" Hermione asked. Remus shrugged, and sighed heavily.

"Iit will work, hopefully. But if there's one thing I learnt from my stupid parents, it's that you should never give up." Remus replied. He closed his eyes for a moment and sighed again. "Besides, I promised to get us out, didn't I? I don't break promises, atleast I try not too." Remus added. They continued to dig again, Remus stopped every so often, closing his eyes then starting again.

"Just think... it seems like yesterday we where on the Hogwarts Express, not really knowing many people, and now we got this far..." Hermione began. "It seems like yesterday..." She repeated.

"Yeah. When I hardly even spoke to anyone. You guys, Harry, Ron, Karen, you, and everyone else are some of the first friends I ever had." Remus admitted. "First real friends..." He added with a faint laugh, or more of a heavy sigh.[/SIZE][/B]

Harru trudged along wearily, carefully taking his time to push thorny branches from his face. He clutched his side in pain, it seemed that Karen had used one of her powerfull swings while she was struggling with him before.

[i]"karen....."[/i] he thought saddly walking a bit slower, [i]"I hope you got out of the forest alright"[/i]

he trudged on out of the forest a bit longer before he could see a faint outline of someone in his path, the person was sprawled out, face down, and appeared to be crying.

Karen....

Harru walked up slowly and stooped to touch her shoulder gently, she whimpered fearfully and tried to move away from him. She couldn't even see who he was, yet she knew it was him. With a sigh Harru rolled her over and looked down into her tear streaked eyes.

"Why?" she whimpered softly looking up at him, Harru couldn"t give her an answer, but he wished for the world that he could. Instead of answering her he scooped her up into his arms and carried her the rest of the way into the castle, Karen didn't fight, for now she felt copmfort in his arms, he had changed back, the danger was gone.

Once inside Harru climbed the great stairs and ran into a worrysome ron. When Ron saw the condition Karen was in his eyes grew wide and furious.

"What did you do to her you rotten slytherin?!" He screamed pulling Karen from his arms then pointing his wand at Harru, "You dirty snake! I should kill you right here!"

Harru only placed his hands in the air in defeat, he wasn't going to fight anyone.

-------------------------
sorry if that's short, but I've got to get back to work.

gosh..stupid firewall made it delete my last post...let's try this again.....
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]"Ron...stop." Karen said as she made Ron's wand hand drop and looked up to him. "Please....don't."

"Why are you trying to protect him?!? Can't you see he's trying to hurt you!" Ron said as he looked fierecly at Harru, who still had his hands in the air.

"Cuz...I..." Karen didn't know what else to say, as she looked down and another tear started to fall down her cheeck.

"You have too much compasion for others," Ron said almost disgustidly as he put his wand in his pocket, and picked Karen up. "I'll let you go this time, but if you ever try to hurt her again, i won't be so sympathtic." Ron said as he looked beadily at Harru. Then Ron turned towards Harry. "I'm taking her up to the tower. I'll meet you in class." Harry nodded back, as Ron ascended the stairs with Karen in his arms.

"We should be getting to class too," Alex said as she looked toward Liz.

"But what about Hermione and Remus! We can't just give up on them!" she cried.

"We're not giving up. We will never give up on them," Harry said as he looked at Liz. "But we'll get in even more trouble if we contiune to search right now. We have to get to class. We'll search after school, that way we'll have more time, and some better daylight."

"Alright," Liz said as she nodded to Harry. "Come on Alex, let's go." She said as she grabbed Alex's hand and lead her to their first class.

This left Harry and Harru alone in the hall, staring at each other...

---
"I'm not doing a very good job, am I?" Ron asked as he contiuned the treck up the stairs. "Protecting you that is." He said as he smiled and the door to the tower opened wide.

"You're doing a great job!" Karen said as he gently placed her on the couch that was in front of the fireplace. "I'm just a troublesome ward."

"Eat this," Ron said as he handed her a piece of chocolate. "I was saving it for later, but you need it more." Karen took at bite of the chocolate. The warmth spread through her body, even though she wasn't really cold. "I'll be back to get you for second hour. You stay here and rest till then." he said as he got up and walked out the door.

"Thank you Ron," Karen yelled to him as she watched him leave. She took another bite of the chocolate, the warmth once again spreading through her body, but it was nothing to the comfort she had felt earlier in Harru's arms. [I]Why can't I do anything to help anyone? Why is all this happening? What is causing Harru to have this split personality? One minute, he's trying to kill me, or get me killed, the next, he's the nicest person in the world, and he cares for me. More than Ron ever could. And where is Hermione and Remus? Are they really in the forest? Or was that just the evil Harru trying to lead me there?[/I]

All of a sudden, her uncle's voice, and fascade appared in her mind. [I]"Use this spell when ever you want to find me." Uncle Remus said to a young 3-yr old Karen.

"I won't ever be away from you, will I Uncle Remus?"

"Unfortunetly, there might be times in the future when I am. But don't worry, I will always be with you. But just in case, you can use this spell to find me."

"What does it do?" the young Karen asked.

"Well, basically, it amplifies your thoughts to a distance of a 3 mile radius. But you don't have to worry about other people hearing them. Only the person you are concentrating on can hear it."

"But what if you're farther away than that?"

"Then you'll just have to believe me when I said I will always be with you. Are you ready now?"

"Yes!" the young Karen said as she nodded.

"Now the first thing you have to do is hold your wand in both your hands."[/I]

Karen took her wand from her pocket and clamped it tightly in her hands.

"Now, this is the most important part. You must clear you mind, and focus only on the person you are trying to find. Picture them clearly in your mind."

Karen thought as hard as she could, trying to remember the way Hermione looked. That brown bushy hair, those bright green eyes. Her house robes. The way she always rose her hand in class when Karen was afraid to.

"Ok, now that you have the person in your mind, touch the tip of your wand to your forehead and call them with your thoughts. Shout to them! If they are around, they will answer."

Uncle Remus's face and voice left Karen's head as the only thing that occupied it at the moment was the visage of Hermione. Karen slowly raised her wand to her forehead, and shouted with all her willpower and emotions: "Hermione!! Hemione!! Can you hear me? Please!! Please answer me!! Hermione!!!"[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
ah! nice to be posting again!
-------------------------------------------------

Harru stood and watched harry for what seemed like a century. Both of them were afraid to move because both knew what the other was capapble of. Harry's hand hovered near his pocket where his wand was hidden, Harru had only wished that ron had taken a shot at him perhaps causing some real damage, any pain was better than what he felt now. After a long silence Harry spoke,

"what did you do with my friends voldemort?" he said quietly, and for the first time the realization of what he was stung deep within himself. Suddenly Haru felt like tearing Potter limb from limb, not because of what voldemort programed him to feel, but because Harry could say something like that without knowing how it felt.

"y-you don't know...." Harru sputtered through clenched teeth choking back his tears.

"know what?" Harry asked taking a step back.

"...what it's like to be haunted" he glared at Harry through his mop of white hair.

"what does that make you then?" Harry wouldn't back down to this, yet the boy's story seemed credible.

"A puppet"

"do you want me dead?" Harry's scar began to burn, he felt as if his head was splitting in two.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" Harru spoke eerily, donning a small grin on his face, this game of cat-and-mouse was quite fun.

"help me then"

"what?"

"help me fight him off, I'm sure you want to be free" Harry pleaded, moving a hand to his searing scar.

"Why should I help you when nobody's willing to help me?"

Neither of them spoke untill Ron came ambling down the stairs.

"what are you still doing here?" Ron demanded with a scowl, reaching into his pocket and drawing his tattered wand again.

"go ahead!" Harru shouted at him with a new rage his voice echoed in the empty corridor, "You'd be doing me a favor!"

"you're asking for it!" Ron pointed his wand at Harru's chest, "[i]flip-[/i]"

"Ron Don't!" Harry stopped him and snatched his wand away from him, "Don't waste your energy with puppets"

"Mark me Potter" Harru spoke, "that your day will come, he's relentless, you, nor him, nor Karen will be safe for much longer."

They all stood quietly, Harru lifted his head for one last time, "I'm sorry".

And with that he swept down into the Slytherin corridor.

"What a nutter" Muttered Ron stuffing his wand back into his pocket.

"I think he's more than a nutter Ron"

"yeah.....did he.....Appologise?"

Harry shrugged, looking as confused as Ron. They both gave one long look torwards the slytherin corridor and made their leave to their classes.

----------------------------------
I think that should be a sufficient post, the angst and drama and psychotic personalities ensue....

• 4 weeks later...
Trying to bring thread back to life but not knowing what really to post.....
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]"H...hello?" Karen heard the faint voice in her head.

"Hermione! It's me! It's me, Karen!"

"How....what...."

"I'm using a magic spell to talk to you. Don't worry about Remus, he can't hear us. But, he is ok isn't he? You're ok? Please tell me your ok!"

"Well...if you mean ok as being stuck in a cave under the forest then yeah I guess we're ok. We're both still alive. But I'm getting hungry."

"So you ARE in the forest!"

"Yeah...at least that's what my guess is. I see some tree roots and the dirt here is kinda damp."

[I]So Harru wasn't lying to me....he knew they where in the forest. He was trying to help.[/I]

"Is there any hope that you can like...dig yourself out?" Karen asked as she still layed on the couch in the common room.

"We're trying, but we're not having any luck." Hermione said exasperly.

"Aright. I have an idea. Since I know your in the forest, I can research a locator spell, that will pin-point exactly where you are. The only thing is...it might take me awhile to find it. I remember Uncle Remus telling me about it, but I can't quite...."

"Its' in the "Simple Spells for Dummies" book. I checked it out of the library earlier." Hermione said with some pleasure.

"Ok, I'm going to the library now...but it may be a while till I find you. But I promise I will. I won't give up." Karen said determinly.

"Thanks, Karen."

"You can thank me when I see you face to face." Karen said with a small laugh. "Bye for now!"

"Bye Karen!"

Instantly Hermione's voice vanished as Karen stood up off the couch.

"I've got to go to the library. Sorry Ron." Karen said as she left him a small note, and raced down the stairs to the library.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]OOC: Yesh, bring back to life, we must.

IC:

[B]Remus kneeled down on the floor, panting heavily and staring down at his hands.

"Hermione...?" He panted unsure. He was growing tried and very hungry, very. In fact he was willing to take a bite out of his own flesh, but he wasn't [I]that[/I] hungry.

"I'm still here." Hermione finally said. Remus looked up at her.

"What're you doing?" Asked Remus. He dragged himself up, fighting to stay awake. He was so sleepy, all he wanted to do was sleep. "What were you doing?" He repeated.

"Karen, she was using Magic to speak to me! She's going to research a locator spell to pin point where we are and get us out of her!" Hermione explained. Remus smiled. "She might be awhile, though, she needs to look it up in the Libary." Hermione added. Remus nodded.

"Good." Remus said, sitting down on the floor. "I'm starving... if my owl was here, I'd eat it..." Remus muttered. Hermione looked at him, in shock or maybe just looked, Remus couldn't tell. ".... Well not really." Remus added, making sure Hermione knew it was a joke. He was getting really sleepy now, maybe he could just rest for awhile, just for a few minutes, not for long... just a few minutes. All that digging and worrying made him sleepy, and made him talk like a fool. Remus sighed heavily, and closed his eyes. He just wanted to rest for awhile, but when he closed his eyes he drifted off into a sleep.

[I]~Dream~
Remus saw his family and friends all sat on a large, green hill under the bright blue skies. His father was there, and his mother, they weren't working for once. A few of Remus's friends from school were there, too. And Remus saw a tall person,taller than the rest, with short spiky black hair, a white shirt and jeans on. The tall person who Remus had only seen when he was 5, the tall person he could hardly remember, his big brother. Remus was forced to move on after his big brother died, and he wanted to think that he never had a brother. His brother smiled at Remus, and gave him a thumbs up from the hill. Remus just stared. That's what it used to be like... his older brother would bribe his parents into staying home, or going out. Remus's brother would always hang around, even though he was too old, but everything changed when he died. The parents went to work more, the "hanging out" with friends stopped, everything got boring...[/I]

Remus opened his eyes slowly, noticing he was only asleep for a few seconds. He had tried to forget about his big brother, and had forgotten about him too well, but now he remembered.[/B]

OOC: I can't remember what I put for Remus's past, so I just added that because I didn't know what to post.[/SIZE]

(Simple spells for dummies, ROFL)
------------------------------

Harru's Stomach gave a lurch when he saw Karen rush through the doors of the library looking slightly panicked.

After his confrontation with Ron and Harry, Harru thought it best not to be alone in the common room, what if Voldemort took over again to mutilate His own body? Then again there was a risk by putting everyone else in danger, but if he did, he wouldn't get away with it. After what happened to Karen, being expleled and spending the rest of his life in Azkaban didn't seem so bad. So he had settled himself in the far corner of the library at a table with a clear veiw of the entire room. A thick book of transfiguration spells hid his face from anyone that glanced in his dirrection, he hoped the same would be true for Karen.

She swept past his table several times, his eyes constantly on her. She eventualy found a spellbook and was halfway past his table when she stopped and looked down at him.

"Harru" She asked, clutching her book to her chest, "What are you doing here?"

Harru didn't have a good answer, and it wasn't like he was going to tell her he was hiding from her or anything.

"Studying...." He muttered, so much for telling the truth. Karen shifted her weight from one foot to the other as she looked at him, Harru met her gaze and found only worry, well why wouldn't she be? He's tested her mental foundation all day, He sighed still looking at her "What's wrong?"

"Harru, Hermione and Remus are still in the forest"

Harru had forgotten completely, and it seemed like ages ago that he saw those two wander off.

"you know where they are?" Harru began to rise from his seat.

"I will more or less" Karen hesitated and looked into Harru's Jade gaze again, Something told her not to trust him in her head, but her heart was stronger, "Can you help me find them?"

Harru was taken aback, he expected Karen to never speak to him again much less wander back into a place where he recently tried to kill her. Yet she seemed sincere.
"Yes, I'll help you."

And with that the two swept out of the castle, and back to the forbidden forest.

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]"So...how exactly are we going to find them." Harru asked, trying to start up a conversation. He was keeping his distance from Karen, staying at least one or two steps back from her.

"With this book. There's a locator spell inside. With that we'll be able to pin-point Hermione and Remus's location. Then....I guess we'll have to dig our way to them, seeing as how they are underground." Karen said as she walked with a fast pace towards the forest. She remembered all to well what had happened their earlier, but she didn't really care at the moment. [I]All that matters is finding Hermione and Remus.[/I] she thought to herself. [I]I made a promise that I'd find them. And I'm not going to break it. I don't care what happens to me. I know, deep down, Harru won't let anything happen to me either.[/I]

"How'd you know they where in the forest?" Harru asked uneasily, as the two grew closer and closer to the edge of the wood.

"I used another spell to talk to Hermione. Some people consider it a form of advanced magic, but it's really quite easy. It's something I learned from my uncle." she said as she entered the forest brushing the branches aside, and holding them back long enough so they wouldn't slap Harru in the face. "Alright." Karen said as she fell to her knees on the path, and opened the book infront of her. "Let's see what it says," she said as she opened the book, Harru sat down next to her as he watched her turn the pages. "Locator...locator...locator....Aha! Here it is!" she said as she turned to Harru and smiled. A small smile came across Harru's face...he couldn't help but smile back at her. "Humm....this doesn't look to complicated." Karen said as she ran her finger down the list of directions. "Ha!" she said as she giggles to herself." This really is a simple spellbook for dummies."

"Alright then." She said as she stood up and placed her wand in her hand. She thought about Hermione and Remus, and chanted the word "Locoto". The wand spinned around in her hand until it landed in one direction. "Come on!" Karen said as she grabbed Harru's hand and raised him up, and started to run to way the wand was pointed.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Harru followed closely behind Karen now as they both darted arund trees due east. After ten minutes of running Karen stopped suddenly at the edge of a large hole leaving Harru to bump into her nearly sending her into the holer herself.

"That's a far way down" Harru noted making sure Karen was a safe way back from the edge.

"Yes, and they've dug themselves..." Karen refered to the wand taking about a dozen steps to the left and stpping, "Here."

"so they're right under us?" Harru asked still looking down into the hole.

"if the spell worked right, yeah" Karen looked about for a solution as to how they were going to get Hermione and Remus out of the ground. Harru walked up to a large dead tree and examined a Long, loose and nearly rotting limb, He carefully pulled it free from tree and dragged it back to the edge of the hole.

"Harru we can't climb down on that, look at it" Karen said pocketing her wand and watching the white haired boy.

"Just watch" Harru placed the limb into the hole, just a short part of it sticking out of the ground. He then pulled his wand from his pocket and pointed it at the branch, "[i]Laetreas[/i]"

The old branch groaned and morphed as it bent itself into a nearly new looking wooden ladder. Harru sighed with releif as Karen looked awed at his skill.

"How did you do that?" She asked inspecting the new transformed limb.

"Just glanced at it in that spellbook I was reading..." He shrugged with a small smile.

Harru looked up to see that Karen was smiling too, it was strange, that they could share a moment like this under the circumstances they were in.

Without any more waste of time, the two began to descend the Ladder calling for Hermione and Remus.

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Karen smiled back at Harru as she started to decend the ladder. It seemed that it continued down for a ways, until her foot final rested on solid ground. "I made it to the bottom!" she called up as Harru started to decend as well. "Lumos" she whispered to her wand as a small light appeared at the end of it. She heard another "Lumos" next to her as Harru planted both his feet on the ground. "Let's go," Karen said as she took Harru's free hand and started walking down the cave.

There where tree roots all along the sides of the cavern. The dirt, a dark brown shade, that of which seemed to be soaked in water. The cavern was very humid like, as there was moisture in the air.

"Hermione! Remus!" Karen called out every few seconds as she lead the way down the small cordior. She pointed her light in front of her, and saw two lumps on the ground.

"Hermione!" she yelled as she let go of Harru's hand and rushed over to her side. "Hermione! Are you ok?" she asked as she helped her friend up.

"Karen....Karen is that really you?" Hermione asked as she hugged Karen. "I knew you'd come! I knew you'd find us! The spell worked didn't it!" he said as she smiled.

"It sure did," Karen nodded as she smiled back. "I kept my promise didn't I?"

Hermione smiled and nodded back, as she gave Hermione a small cantean. "Here, there is some water in here. It will have to do until we can get you back to the castle. There's one for Remus too." she said as she walked over to him. "Here Remus." she said with a smile. He took the cantean greatfully, as Karen looked back and smiled at Harru. They had made it. They had found them at last.[/COLOR]
~I really didn't know what to post....but at least this RP is going again! Yay![/FONT]