OtakuBoards

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring.

Vicky

Here goes:

[SIZE=1][B][U]Please read below, all the information you will need about this RPG[/U]

As you may have heard, this RPG will be simple, we will re-write LoTR. How? Simple:

Sign-Ups:

Signing-up is simple, you must follow the sign-up. Everyone can sign-up. There will be ten places, 8 because KKC and myself have taken two. One character will be made up, the rest will either be a character from LoTR, or replace a character. If someone has already taken, or replaced the character you wanted to, you may still sign-up because I will chose the best sign-up?s. If 8 people sign-up before you, you may still try out for this, but you must be better than the others to enter this.

Choosing:

If you would like to play in this tale, you must have good post, good imagination, and most of all, good grammar. If you have great grammar and things, you still have to have good RPG post. At the bottom of each Sign-Up, I would like something from an RPG. Do not PM me this, because it will take up time, and more people can see what kind of samples they need to get a place. If you are not chosen, this is because you either do not have a good enough sign-up, or do not have what it takes, or because you are not what we are looking for. Do not be sad if you do not make it, since we only have 8 places left.

Information about the whole RP:

In this, advance knowledge of LoTR is not needed. We will take the same path maybe, or we might chose a different route. The only races allowed are Dwarf, Wizard, Hobbit, Elf and Man. I need 1 person to sign-up and not fill in for a character, and 7 to fill in/be an original character in the book. You do not have to have extremely long Biographies for a character already played in the LoTR. I would like a picture for those playing a character in LoTR. NO ONE can take the place of Legolas, since I am playing him. But you may take the place of the other characters. If this goes well, I will start the Two Towers one, and I will want more people.
We will either take the same route as in the MOVIE, or take our own. Since I think I would need help with this, KKC is helping me out here, and I would like one more person to help too, but I will decide whom.

No one may have magic unless they are a wizard. I do not want evil people, yet. If this works out, we may play the Two Towers, which will be 4 hero?s going to Helms Deep and fighting Orcs, 2 going on to destroy the ring (Possible two Hobbits), and 4 that have been captured by the Uruk-Hai.

It would be great if we could have a Dwarf signed-up, two men, an Elf (me), possibly more, two Hobbits, at least. We might need two hobbits, and as many Elves, Men, wizards and Dwarves as we like. Remember, if there seem to be no places left, you may still sign-up.

Right, we need:

9 People signed-up and filling in a character from the story, or being a character (Minus one from me).

1 person making up their own and not filling in a character.

That?s it really. These are the places available right now; only 9 can make it through. Remember to post a bit of an RPG at the end of your sign-up, I will be strict about this. Re-making this adventure will not be easy, and advance LoTR knowledge is not needed. No one is allowed to flame other people about right and wrong.

Here is the sign-up:

Name: Medieval only

Character you are filling in for (If any) : Fill this in if you are this character

Weapons: What weapons you character has.

Armour (If any) :

Appearance: What your character looks like, pictures of characters in LoTR must be from the movie, or they can be drawn.

Race: Hobbit, Elf, Wizard, Dwarf or Man.

Personality: What your character acts like.

Biography: The past of your Character.

Under this I would like an RPG sample from one other RPG please. I know some people will sign-up better than me, but make sure you READ everything above, if you don?t, then you stand no chance of getting in.

Here is my Sign-up:
Name: Legolas

Weapons: Knives
Legolas carries around two long knives that he fights with using an ancient European/Asian style of martial arts. The blades are straight, but they curve at the top. There is a swirly, vine-like pattern on the blade and handle. The handles of the knives LOOK to be made of wood or bone (the weapon makers could have made them out of a variety of materials), and they have a gold, or godlike material, coating at the top. Legolas keeps these knives in a leather sheath with some decoration at the top and bottom. This is tucked under the straps of the quiver he wears on his back. You can occasionally see the handles stick out.

Bow: I couldn?t give details about this, but I have a picture, it?s in the attachment.

Character you are filling in for (If any) : Legolas

Armour (If any) : None, not really. Nothing big, so none.

Appearance: I have a few pictures: (Movies pictures for this)
[IMG]http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/legolas.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.posterplanet.net/images/legolasbow.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.via-claudia-bogensport.de/graphiken/bilder_personen/legolas_3_web.jpg[/IMG]

Race: Elf

Personality: Legolas is what you would call, a none-talkative character, who prefers to let his actions do the talking. He is in tuned with nature, as are most Elves, light footed, and fast. He?s very tough, and deadly with his bow. He rarely even talks, though, and is able to shoot arrows off horseback and kill on a horse. Legolas is sometimes a very, mysterious character, but can sometimes be simple, and complex.

Biography:
Sindarin elf of the woodland realm, in the year 3019, Legolas journeyed to Rivendell to sit on the Council of Elrond, and was chosen to represent the Elves in the Fellowship. Legolas, son of Thranduil of Mirkwood.

Legolas' mother is unknown, and he was never said to have any siblings, offspring, or partner. Being an elf, Legolas in graceful and fleet of foot, and absolutely in-touch with nature.

I do not have to post my RPG sample, yet. As I said, there is little to put in a Bio of a character already in the movie. Sign-up away![/SIZE][/B]

[COLOR=green][B]Name:[/B] Jedgar Nieta

[B]Age:[/B] 51

[B]Gender[/B]: Male

[B]Race:[/B] Man

[B]Character you will be replacing[/B]: N/A

[B]Weapons and Armor:[/B] Jedgar wore chain mail in his youth, but has now grown old. He no longer wears armor, as he is too poor to afford magically light Mithril. He instead relies on his formidable combat skills to avoid taking any hits in the first place. He is adept at using a pike (shown below), and is a master of its intricacies. He is also an average archer, and carries his own bow and quiver.

Pike:
[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=524091[/IMG]

[B]History:[/B] Born in Hithlum, he was abandoned by his mother before he could walk. He was taken in by an elderly couple, and lived with them until he reached maturity. They taught him everything they knew: basic math, reading and writing in both Human and Elvin and all the local history and lore they knew of. After a tearful goodbye, he set off to make his fortune in Nargothrond.

Life was harsh in the caves, many of which were inhabited by criminals and vagabonds thinking of nothing but survival. They?d go at any means to survive, including robbery, to gain what they need.

Jedgar was able to find work as a scribe in one of the palatial residences of the benevolent Nolodor Lord Theremin. Being too poor to afford a residence near the palace, but too proud to accept servant?s quarters, he was resigned to living in the squalid slums found deep within the cave networks. There he was often robbed of his day's wage, and went hungry because of it. This proved excellent motivation for him to take up a combat skill. He befriended one of the royal guards at the palace, who trained him in the basics of polearm combat. Using a walking staff as his primary weapon, he trained in self defense. At first he was soundly trounced by the experienced robbers of the caves, and received many an injury from the melees that broke out. After several months he had acquired enough practice to protect both himself and his hard earned wages.

Years went by, and Jedgar entered his early thirties. He had learned all he could from his good friend in the royal guard, and was now going out of his way to protect all who preyed on the weak and innocent in the thief infested caverns within Nargothrond. Although he?d tried to hide his identity while on his crusade against crime, rumors began to circulate all over the region of his exploits.

Eventually, he was called before his lord to verify or deny these rumors. After telling his tale, which impressed his master greatly, he knelt before him to await judgment. Lord Theremin, being a just and grandfatherly figure, was happy with his servant?s work. He made Jedgar his personal assistant and bodyguard, a position of great prestige.

More years passed, and Jedgar faithfully served Lord Theremin. A coup attempt provided a chance for Jedgar to prove his loyalty, and he handily defeated three assassins who wished to hasten their employer?s rise to power. Several crises were also settled without harm to the Lord. For the most part however, Jedgar spent his time by the Lord's side, as his trusted aide, scribe and confidant. It was a life that an orphan boy thrown out on the streets could have scarcely dreamed of.

All good things must come to an end however, and time succeeded where many had failed. Lord Theremin died of old age, and Jedgar was quietly swept aside by his arrogant son. His loyalty wasn?t unrewarded however; Jedgar was left with a small sum of money, plus a room and free food in one of the taverns the lord owned.

Jedgar, now freed from work and entering retirement, now was able to pursue his own ambitions. He took up archery, practicing for hours a day. Seeking out accomplished pikemen, he apprenticed under them and further improved his already formidable skills with a pike. After generously donating all his inheritance from Lord Theremin to a young chemist in order to help the young woman establish her shop, she has supplied him with potions.

All of these endeavors have contributed to his success in his continuing pursuit of criminals and evildoers within the cave networks of his home city. Eventually, he hopes to eradicate these elements once and for all?

Jedgar can be found wherever there is trouble within the grottos and caverns of Nargothrond, protecting the weak and helpless from the lurkers who would harm them.

[B]Personality:[/B] Normally calm and reserved, Jedgar rarely speaks. He greets those he knows with a respectful nod, and doesn?t make eye contact with those he doesn?t. Cold, uncaring and vengeful towards those who take advantage of the helpless; Jedgar is not a man to be crossed lightly. However, he is a kind and grandfatherly figure to those who have earned his trust. It is not easy to earn his respect or loyalty, but once they are acquired, the same is expected in return in all situations.

Appearance:
[IMG]http://www.crimsongypsy.com/images/cloak4thm.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue][B]Name:[/B] Peregrin "Pippin" Took

[B]Age:[/B] 28 when the adventure first began from Bag End

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Character replacing:[/B] Pippin

[B]Weapons:[/B] a sword called "Troll's bane"

[B]Armor:[/B] none

[B]Appearance:[/B] [IMG]http://legolas.virtue.nu/PippinArmedS.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Race:[/B] Shire Hobbit

[B]Personality:[/B] Pippin is young, stout-hearted and very loyal to his friends and family. His couriosity often gets the better of him, but he is brave when he has to be. He is very cheery, and this lifts the spirits of those around him, even in time of despair. Pippin is very adventurous and it is this trait that led him to see what his older cousin was up to.

[B]Biography:[/B] Pippin is the son of Paladin Took II of Great Smials, and is Frodo's younger cousin. Seeing that something was going on with his older cousin, Frodo, he goes to look into the matter. Seeing that Frodo, and his gardner Sam are going on an adventure, Pippin eagerly joins. Altough Frodo really didn't want him to come along, Pippin joins, and in the beginning causes more problems for the group. While leaning against a tree in the Old Forest, Pippin was swallowed by the tree, until Tom Bombadil came and saved him. Pippin goes to Rivendell and becomes the ninth member of the Fellowship, through the intersession of Gandalf. Merry and Pippin are traveling partners on the journey to defeat Saurmon.

(i hope that is ok. You're in my story, but if you still need me to send you a sample, i'll be happy to!)[/COLOR]

Hmm.. time for my favorite character, even though his role was short

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]
[b]Name:[/b] Boromir, Son of Denethor

[b]Age:[/b] 41

[b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Character you are filling in for:[/b] Boromir

[b]Weapons:[/b] Broadsword attached to his side. Horn of Gondor: Not really a weapon, but good for giving warnings.

[b]Armour:[/b] He wears chainmail underneath his normal clothing. And metal bracers on his wrist. He also carries a round wooden shield.

[b]Appearance:[/b] Tall, dark hair, grey eyes, as most men of Gondor. Broad and muscular. Stands at about 6 feet.
[img]http://www.a-arca.com/d10/artigos/images/big_boromir.jpg[/img]

[b]Race:[/b] Man.

[b]Personality:[/b] "The hearts of Man, are easily corrupt" -Galadriel. Boromir, as stated in his biography, was a proud man, and a valiant patriot that would do anything for his home. His intentions are good, though they may not appear that way. His will is weak, and can break under extreme pressure. But he is usually able to control it. Do not think ill of Boromir for his actions, he is only human.

[b]Biography:[/b] Eldest son of Denethor II, Boromir was a proud man: proud of himself, and his city. After leading the forces against Sauron at Osgiliath, he went to Rivendell to learn of the answer to the dream he shared with his brother Faramir. At the Council of Elrond he was chosen as a companion in the Fellowship of the Ring.

I think that is all, if I missed anything tell me.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B]Nice... VERY nice. I know the Bio's of characters from the film are short, but this is looking good. I'm going to laugh so hard when KKC looks at this thread and looks at duorocks17's sign-up! You guys don't need to send an RPG sample, I've seen them, Boba Fett's sample was in the sign-up.

Thanks for signing-up.[/SIZE][/B]

[size=1][color=green]Bad move there DuoRocks... You don't even want to see the PM I sent to Vicky (>_<), Sometimes I get too worked up. But, I shall fight the good old fight like all RPG Sign-ups have. May the best Pippin win!
[b]---Da Pippin Sign-up of KKC---[/b]
[b]Name[/b]: Peregrin Took (Pippin or Pip as the Nick names)

[b]Age[/b]: 28 - 29 from the start to end of the adventure (Is the youngest of The Fellowship)

[b]Gender[/b]: Male

[b]Character you are filling in for[/b]: Peregrin Took (Pippin or Pip)

[b]Weapons[/b]: A short sword (Hobbit sized) called "Troll's bane"

[b]Armour[/b]: Not until ROTK (He looks awesome in his armour)

[b]Appearance[/b]: (Green eyes if ya can't tell. stands at 3'5 or 3'6. Starts with Brown cloak, then moves to green elvish cloak)
[img]http://www.filmnz.com/middleearth/images/pippin.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.mrsjones.org/pippin/pipstaresblanklyahead.jpg[/img]
[img]http://legolas.virtue.nu/PippinArmedS.jpg[/img]

[b]Race[/b]: Hobbit (Halfling/Shire folk)

[b]Personality[/b]: Pippin starts out as a young care-free Hobbit, with no worries nor knowledge about the outside world. He is known as "A fool of a Took" to Gandalf and probably some others as well. He is also a bit of a trouble maker of the shire because of his great curiosity (Which gets him into trouble through out the journey) , Setting off firworks, stealing carrots and cabage from someones crops, and most likely alot more with the help from Merry. Pippin is very open minded and always says what he thinks (he wears his personality of his sleeves). He is very loyal and can be brave when the time comes, he always trys to cheer others up when things are looking low as well and, although he is a very care-free hobbit, he does take things serious when friends or family are in danger or need his help. No matter what the situation he can make anyone laugh. Like all Hobbits, Pippin is about enjoying the land and life he has.
Pippin is the youngest of the fellowship and doesn't understand much about good and evil or death, but as he starts his own adventure he develops and learns more then he thought he ever would.

[b]Biography[/b]: Pippin starts his journey as a simple Hobbit of The Shire who is "borrowing" some crops from an old farmer along with his elder cousin Meridoc Brandybuck. Before he knows it, he runs into his other cousin (once removed) and his gardner and soon arrives in Rivendell when helping Frodo (Once removed cousin) and Samwise (Frodo's Gardner). Talk about quick events.
Pippin in the son of (father) Paladin Took II, and (mother) Eglantine Banks and is the brother of 3 sisters; Pearl, Pimpernel, and Pervinca (Poor lad... 3 sisters). His closest cousins are Frodo Baggins and Merry Brandybuck who sort of serve as his brothers in life (mainly Merry).
Arriving at Rivendell, Pippin and his 3 hobbit companions suspect that they will be heading home after a short meeting of the ring is held, but as soon as Frodo decided to become the Ring Bearer, Pippin and Merry both run to his side to join the FellowShip of the Ring.
Although Pippin is discovering new things about the outside world and is gone from The Shire, he still is just as curious and troublsom as ever.

.... Vicky, I think you knwo how I RP already. [/size][/color]
I'll save your Gimli spot.

[SIZE=1][B].... Oh god... lol, jk. Anyway, I await your sign-up, Drix.

Now for the Pippin sign-up's....

K.K.C... great sign-up, and yes you both seem to tie on this, both sign-up's I like... but K.K.C. agreed to help me out, and all I could do was offer the place. Duo, I'm sorry... but K.K.C. has 'stole' Pippin! :O Anyway, since Duo did make an effort too, I can offer you one thing, which I offered K.K.C.:

You could play the role of the Ring Bearer in this, either play as Frodo or take his place, and even be a character like Pippin. So I can offer you the place of the Ring Bearer, which I forgot about... so, how about it Duo? Since most of the characters in this RPG will not be secondary, and all will be main, would you like to play the Ring Bearer? This is all I can do since we had a mini conversation over PM (Me and K.K.C). Everyone else that joined or is, don't worry, the Ring Bearer has a big role, but so does everyone's character, trust me.[/SIZE][/B]

[Color=#707875][Font=tahoma]I was going to launch an RPG on the same plot but I see Vicky beat me too it, fair play to you. I was going to go for Gimli's spot but as Drix has asked for it I'll leave it be.

[b]Name:[/b] Garin the Grey, Mithrandir, the Grey Wanderer

[b]Age:[/b] 3017, possibly more but I'm almost certain

[b]Character you are filling in for:[/b] Gandalf the Grey

[b]Weapons:[/b] His sword [b]Glamdring[/b] which he procured from the treasure cave of three quite ugly Trolls while on an adventure with one Bilbo Baggins of the Shire. He carries his trusty staff from which he can produce his most potent magics, it is a simple piece of chestnut about 5'4" long with a gnarled top which encompasses a gleaming crystal, over all it is smooth and sleek.

[b]Armour:[/b] He wears only simple robes of grey that look tattered and forlorn as well as a grey hat of similar condition upon his head. He keeps with him Narya the Elven Ring of Fire given to him by Círdan on his leaving for the Undying Lands.

[b]Appearance:[/b] [img]http://cerga.lunarpages.com/~compuw2/mckellen/images/0450.jpg[/img] This really was the best one I could find.

[b]Race:[/b] Istari, appears to be of the race of Men

[b]Personality:[/b] Quite and reserved on some occasions while merry and talkative on others, there is no real way to well describe Garin's personality as tends to change upon the situation. The best way to describe him is that he is far seeing with a keep wit and a good sense of righteousness and decency which he believes extends to all people, races and creatures of Middle Earth and he will fight to achieve such a belief to become common.

[b]Biography:[/b] Arriving in the aftermath of the defeat of Sauron in the ending of the Second Age and the beginning of the Third, the Istari or Wizards as the became known are believed to have come to do battle with the evil of Morgoth and his servant Sauron, but that they were bound so that could not match his strength by force or enslave but to focus the other races to rally and defeat the Dark Lord. It is believed that they came forth from the Far West as five companions, Mithrandir [The Grey Wanderer], Curunír [the Man of Skill] were the most noted and given several other names including Garin the Grey and Saruman the White.

The held council with the other races of Middle Earth and were quite appalled by the fact that Isildur refused to destroy the One Ring of Sauron. They too were most puzzled by it's disappearance after the murder of Isildur and his heirs at the Gladden Fields. In 1100 of the Third Age Mithrandir and the others began to believe that an evil presence had made birth inside Dol Guldor, they believed that it to be one of the Nazgul and so left it be. In 2060 of the same Age after the destruction of Minas Ithil Garin rode forth to Dol Guldor in the belief that Sauron was once again taking form there in, the spirit fled to the East and so began the Watchful Peace.

Over 800 years later in 2850 Garin once again returns to Dol Guldor and learns that it is indeed Sauron who is master therein, he learns that Sauron is gathering all information possible of the Rings of the Elves, the One Ring and the heir to Gondor. He also meets Thrain of the Dwarves and receives the Key of Eriador from him and the message to pass it and his Ring to his so Thorin. In 2941 he and Thorin Oakenshield as well as his Dwarven crew and one very lazy hobbit by the name of Bilbo Baggins set forth from the Shire on an adventure to retrieve the Dwarven treasure from the dragon Smaug.

Eight years later after the death of Thorin II at the Battle of the Five Armies Garin and Balin return and once again meet with Bilbo in the Shire. Over the next few years there was great upheaval in Middle Earth with the open return of Sauron in Mordor and the rebuilding of Barad-dur. In 2553 of the Third Age, the White Council met for the last time and debated the issue of the Rings, Saruman feigns that the One Rings has passed into the Great Sea and withdraws to Isengard and fortifies it. Garin continues his visits to the Shire and this peaks the interest of Saruman who begins to send spies to watch the area.

In 3001 Garin returned once again to the Shire for the 111th Birthday of Bilbo Baggins....[/color][/font]

Name: Gimli, son of Glóin

Age: 139 (though he does have a birthday during the great years)

Character you are filling in for (If any) : Gimli

Weapons: Though by some accounts, Gimli could defeat an army by force of will alone, Gimli is well armed. He carries a large, two-handed axe that he mounts on his back during travel. It?s well crafted from the forges of both the Iron Hills and Erebor, Gimli?s home. It?s blade is kept sharp with a weht stone Gimli keeps in a pack near his belt. He also carries three throwing axes about two feet long. They have a wide girth and hollow handle so the blade almost always makes impact. His brute strength allows him the power to cleave both armour and flesh with greater efficiency than any of the party.

Armour (If any) : If any? Gimli, like most dwarves has a suit with virtually no weak points. He wears a cushioning layer of soft, loose-fitting woolen hose and a shirt. Because of the opulence gained by Gloin in his exploits to Erebor, the lonely mountain, Gimli?s armour reflected the fine craftsmanship of the wealthy. His main was a system of flattened rings held by fine gold wiring. Over this he wears long, boiled-leather gauntlets and vambraces with an additional plate on the hands to protect the knuckles. He wore boots with shinguards of the same deep-boiled leather. He wore a tunic and skirt of the same mail to protect his abdomen and legs. The next layer was a woolen mantle edged in leather that reinforced the torso, shoulders, and back with sashes of interlacing leather. He carried supply pouches with repair kits, sharpening kits, and a meager traveling supply. His helm consisted of a leather coif, wool impact layer, and full helm with cheek-guards and full neck guards. This helm was made of the same iron as his mail and suit along with being decorated with golden leaf. The cheeks were decorated with a star motif in reinforce to his name, Gimli, which means "star" in Khuzdul. The center of his helm was a circle of onyx, a scare substance and one that signifies wealth. In the book only one person was able to penetrate such incredible defenses. A beauty that stole his heart, Galadriel.

Appearance: [IMG]http://www.universohq.com/cinema/images/gimli.jpg [/IMG]
[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=gimli/v=2/l=IVI/*-[/IMG]
[Img]http://www.reality.org.nz/pics/49-gimli.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.britannia.com/tolkien/gimli.jpg\[/img]
[img]http://homepages.internet.lu/lordoftherings/images/gimli.gif
[/img]

Race: Dwarf

Personality: Gimli isn?t much different than his dwarven kin. He was raised to be suspicious of most everything, and regard everyone with distrust. Everyone must earn Gimli?s trust, not vice-versa. He isn?t overly arrogant, yet very proud of his culture, his lineage, his beard, and his race. Gimli is outspoken, at best and doesn?t mind speaking his mind when the time is worth telling. He is stout and hard skinned though, with a penchant for being almost insulting towards those he knows not. He is, however, loyal to his friends. Gimli will give his life to those he cares for and has a heart of gold towards the people who?ve earned his mutual respect. Gimli is very respectful of most other people if they mind their business like a good dwarf such as him minds his.

Biography: Gimli was born in the year 2879 of the 3rd age at The Blue Mountains to Glóin, one of the 13 companions of Bilbo. Being the son of one of the Erebor?s inheritors put Gimli?s family wealth to an utmost premium by any standards. So Gimli moved to Erebor in 2941 to live with his father. Gimli grew up like most of his people and his experience in traveling gave him a special view to the world around him. Gimli was able to prove his expertise in battle many a time skirmishing the orcs that would occasionally eek out of Gundabad or Gram. He also fought in the orcish assault upon the Iron Hills before Dol Goldur was re-captured, notching his axe many times in the process. Gimli?s ambition, spurned by the love of his people and youth, presented themselves to the dwarves as an opportunity to grasp. They decided that Gimli would go to Rivendell by request from Elrond, to attend a council of "utmost importance". Gimli has been fitted with the finest arms and amour that the lonely mountain?s wealth could provide, and he?s set off with his company to meet the journey that lies before him.

[COLOR=blue]lol...i figured you'd choose K.K.C., vicky, seeing as how K.K.C. helped start the story. Therefore, i will let you have Pippin. (for now....):) And i will take you up on your offer vicky. (I just hope i do ok)
here we go again!
[B]Name:[/B] Frodo Baggins

[B]Age:[/B] 49 the days before the big bithday bash, but 50 when they start the journey. (Frodo and Bilbo share the same birthday)

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Character replaing:[/B] Frodo a.k.a "The Ringbearer"

[B]Weapons:[/B] Sting, a sword that used to belong to Bilbo

[B]Armor:[/B] none at the beginning

[B]Appearence:[/B][IMG]http://image.pathfinder.com/who/photos/frodo-baggins.jpg[/IMG] Frodo and Sting
[IMG]

[B]Race:[/B] Hobbit

[B]Personality:[/B] Frodo has a natural curiosity and interest in the world beyond the Shire, thanks greatly to his Uncle's stories. He is very persistant, and never willing to give up. He bears his burdon with determination. He is a good friend to those he cares for.

[B]Biography:[/B] Frodo is the son of Drogo Baggins, and Primula Brandybuck. When his parents died in a boating accident his cousin Bilbo official adopted him, and braught him to Hobbiton. (he used to steal mushrooms from Farmer Maggot). Altough Frodo refers to Bilbo as "Uncle" he is actually his cousin (once removed from his mother's side). Frodo lived with Bilbo for 12 years, and meet with Elves in the woods, and read his uncle's diary. At Bilbo's big birthday party, he left everything to Frodo, and disappeared. Gandalf occasionaly visited, and Frodo would go walking with his cousins, Merry and Pippin, and his gardner, Sam. Then one day, Gandalf returned, now knowing the truth about the One Ring, and it is thenceforth that Frodo starts his amazing journey, accoupanied by his friend, Sam.

(if someone else signs-up for Frodo, and there is no Merry, if you think they're post is better, I can once again change.)[/COLOR]

>_> First Duo trys to steal my character... Now it's my avatar.... (Who does that eye belong too?)

Well, of course Outcast and Drix are in and so is Duo (As Frodo, not Pippin) is in for now unless someone else comes along and Duo transforms (for the 3rd time) into Merry (we need a good Merry). I'v decided to go ahead and make an Excepted/Rejected list thingummy.

[b]Excepted[/b]
Vicky (Legolas)
K.K.C. (Pippin)
Boba Fett (Jedgar)
Dmitri (Boromir)
Drix (Gimli)
OutCast (Garin (replacing gandalf)
Duorocks (Frodo)
Braidless Baka (Merry)

[b]Rejected[/b]
DuoRocks (Pippin) ;)

[SIZE=1][B]Only... 3 more to go, atleast. Thanks for being Frodo Duo, and for saying you would be Merry if someone does want to be the Ring Bearer also. Dmitri also suggested being Pippin's close friend Merry.

Thanks for the sign-up's guys, and Drix gave me some information about Legolas' bow and things. Thanks Drix! I hope we can get this started, you know I should have started on the day Return Of The King came out, but any who...

3 more, and if no one else signs-up we can include 2 or 3 in and kill them off.

Oh, yeah... Outcast... I knew someone might have an idea like mine... so I put it in my sig just to be sneaky :D[/SIZE][/B]

[color=orangered]Gah... I'm signing up for so much O_o;;

Before I start, just a few words of warning. I'm sitting some major exams until the 16th, so, if you want to reject me on grounds of that feel free. I don't want to slow down gameplay or anything - though I would be keeping my nose in and keeping up with the story.

Anyway, on with the sign-up!

~~~~~~~

[b]Name:[/b] Meridoc Brandybuck

[b]Age:[/b] ([i]Any help?[/i] O_o)

[b]Character you are filling in for:[/b] Merry

[b]Weapons:[/b] None, when they start out

[b]Armour:[/b] None when they start out

[b]Appearance:[/b] [url=http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/movies/characters/merry/view/11533]Image One[/url] - [url=http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/movies/characters/merry/view/10303]Image Two[/url]

[b]Race:[/b] Hobbit

[b]Personality:[/b] Merry's a fairly intelligent hobbit, being the one who often has the plans, the opinions, and the one who usually tries to keep Pip out of harm's way. But, while having an intelligent head on his shoulders, he's also willing to play the kidder, more than ready to "infiltrate" Farmer Maggot's field with Pip riiiiiight at the beginning. If he was totally sensible he would've talked Pip out of it.

[b]Biography:[/b] Merry has always been a close friend of Frodo (*reads duo's sign up* cousins apparently O_o) , Sam and especially his cousin Pippin. Initially not involved in the problems The Ring posed, Merry ended up involving himself [i]and[/i] Pip when they decided to help Frodo and Sam get to Bree.

~~~~~~~

So yeah, if you wanna reject me or whatever for my sparse presence I understand ^_^;;[/color]

[color=#707875][font=tahoma]I had a feeling that someone else would set up an RPG like this before I had a chance to do it, and it was a smart idea to stick it in your sig.

I just hope that it has enough sucess that I don't have to launch my own version.

Oh and KKC it's [b]Garin[/b] not [b]Gorin[/b] OK.[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1][B]I think this might have a lot more sucess... I hope it will.

We need more now... and I think someone might be signing-up (A certain 'Person' I know...), so if we don't get more people by let's say... Monday I will start this.

EDIT: All of the Sign-up's so far have been great, just 2 more people![/SIZE][/B]

[COLOR=TEAL][SIZE=1][B][U][I]My Character Sign-up[/I][/U]

[U]Name:[/U] Aragorn

[U]Age:[/U] 87 [See TTT EE]

[U]Gender:[/U] Male

[U]Character you are filling in for:[/U] Aragorn

[U]Weapons:[/U] Due to his upbringing with the Elves of Rivendell Aragorn has become very varied when it comes to fighting with weapons, but his cheif choice of weapons are a sword and a bow. [URL=http://www.uniqueideas4gifts.co.uk/lotr/aragons-sword-ll.jpg]His sword[/URL] was forged by the Elves of Rivendell for him as gift before he left to travel the realms of Middle-Earth and because of this it is incredibly light and flexible so he can wield it in many different fashions but it s still a deadly weapon and can kill most foes with a single strike. His bow is not of Elven craft, he made it himself so it may not have Elven blessings but he still trained with the Elves and so he is a master in Archery and never misses a target.

[U]Armour:[/U] His armour is often very light because as a ranger of the north Aragorn needs to be very quick of his feet incase of foes near by or a friend is in danger. It is a mix of padded leather armour and chainmail under that. The leather is usually worn together with a large coat over the back and covering the arms and he often wears a pair of leather gloves so to get a better grip on his weapons and such. He often wears a shirt over both sets of armour as well so it makes his foes believe him to be unprotected in combat. The chainmail shirt he wears is of the finest Elven steel but it is not as wrong as the Mithril armour made by the Dwarves though it also bears blessings of Elves so it can defend him in ways the Mithril cannot.

[U]Appearance:[/U] [IMG]http://www.lovelylivtyler.com/lotr/pictures/aragorn.jpg[/IMG]

[U]Race:[/U] Man; Dúnedain

[U]Personality:[/U] Aragorn is one of the most noble and honourable men in Middle-Earth due to his blood line. He knows no fear and he fears no enemey and is loyal to all he calls friend. He will never run from the fray and when things look bad he will endevour to make sure that his friends, and he, survive to fight another day. He is honest and very trust worthy and has friends from many races, even of the Maiar. He loves only one person and is forever bound to her and would never love another, this love runs so deep that he is prepared to let he go so she can continue living and not faces the horrors of Sauron and Mordor.

[U]Biography:[/U] Aragorn is the sixteenth chieftain of the dúnedain of the north, last heir to the the thrones of both Gondor and Arnor. All his life, he has kept this heritage a secret, while working to protect both Gondor and the wild lands of what was once Arnor. Moreover, the blood of all three houses of the Edain, all three peoples of the Eldar and also of the maiar flows in Aragorn's veins, giving him the most exalted bloodline of any living man.

His name is Aragorn, son or Arathorn, but in his very long life he has masqueraded as many men, including the Gondorian hero Thorongil and the Eriadoran ranger Strider. Since the fall of the kingdom of Arthedain, the last heirs of Isildur's line have been raised in secret in Rivendell until they could one day reunite their kingdom and destroy the rule of Sauron, the Dark Lord. Aragorn has a second reason to want this: he is betrothed to the daughter of the elf-lord, Elrond. Elrond will not let his daughter marry any mortal of lesser rank than the king of both Gondor and Arnor.

Born in Rivendell in Third Age 2931, his heritage was hidden even from him until he was twenty years old. Prior to that time, he was known as Estel. In this same year, he met and fell in love with Elrond's daughter, the beautiful Arwen. Aragorn began a long career of opposition to the minions of Sauron which would not end until the latter's death more than eighty years later. He met Garin in 2954 and the two became firm friends.

In 2968, he entered Gondor and the service of the Ruling Steward of Gondor and swiftly became regarded as one of Gondor's great heroes under the name Thorongil (Star of the North). Unbeknownst to Aragorn, it was at this time that the future Ruling Steward, Denethor began to harbor a deep jealousy for the northern hero. In 2980, Aragorn led a small force of Gondorians into the harbor of Umbar and burned most of the Umbarean fleet, delaying the onslaught of Umbar's ships for nearly forty years. This was also the same year that Aragorn and Arwen became engaged.

During the War of the Ring, Aragorn first protected the hobbits from the attack of the nazgul at Amon Sul (Weathertop), and then joined the Fellowship at Rivendell when he was revealed as Isildur's heir.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][B]Well, Arwen was not really around with the Fellowship, and is a part from everyone else. Though, if ou would want to play a women, you could just replace Sam or something, though it wouldn't be a good idea... Sam's place is still open though, so you can play Sam, or fill in for Sam. The only problem is Sam went with Frodo all the time, and if he was a women it would go out of hand, but yes, Sam is still open for playing or for replacing.[/SIZE][/B]

[size=1][color=orange]*Looks at instantramen14's edited post*

Ack, no, Sam can't be an elf, sorry. Once again it would mess up the story. The bond between Sam and frodo is an amazing one, they have known each other for most of their lives and both have grown up in the shire. And it would be a much better idea if Sam remained as a male, It would also throw off the balance being 1 female with 9 other males (Including Merry and Pippin >>) would just be... wrong. Plus, Women, elf or human, wern't really the type to go out and battle on quests.
Sorry if I sound harsh, but I would like this RPG to follow the story line pretty well and the characters to be "In character". Once again I will talk about it with Vicky, but right now I don't agree that you are excepted into the RPG.

~KKC~ [/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][B]Damn... Sorry about this... I might have been doing something when I was PMed and stuff... I can see what K.K.C. is getting at now, I suppose if Frodo was with an Elf it might change the whole thing. Sorry about this guys, I really am.

Since the storyline might change a lot, I think it would be best if you played a Male Hobbit. Once again I'm sorry for the confusion and everything, but yeah... what I said above should work right. I've been taking care of something on another board (Mod postion there), and boy it took time.[/SIZE][/B]

Hmm.... *sniff* I really wanted to be Arwen... I guess that's not possible though... I would fight it out for Aragorn, but I like Jokopoko's post.
May I call dibs on Arwen when she [i]is[/i] around? Please? *bottom lip quivers*
Anyway...guess I'll be Sam....*attempts to delve into the mind of a male hobbit*

Name: Samwise Gamgee

Character filling in for: Sam

Weapons: Sam's only "weapon" is his sword--really a dagger to most people--but his fists are weapons enough most of the time.

Armor: Sam wears armor only in RotK, the armor of a dead orc to desguise himself. *compares beak sizes with Frodo* (Yeah, that was for you, duo...lol)

Appearance: Okay...you guys all know what Sam looks like...Sean Astin...chubby...curly brown hair...I'm not very computer literate, and I'm having trouble getting my picture of him to load in here. Duo...you wanna help me? ;)

Race: Hobbits, Halflings, Shirefolk

Personality: Sam is intensely loyal, particularly to Frodo. He is kindhearted but certainly not the Einstein of Middle-earth. As a garderner, he works well with plants and loves nature. At first he is rather skeptical of Merry and Pippin, but he warms up to them. In fact, he is wary of any new person who might threaten Frodo's safety. In all ways, he is a true friend, willing to sacrifice even his own life for the sake of another. Though in the modern world he may seem gay, he is, in actuality, perfectly heterosexual. He fancies Rosie Cotton, a barmaid at the Green Dragon, and dreams of someday professing his love for her.

Biography: Sam was born and raised in the Shire. It's his home, and he loves it dearly. His father, the Old Gaffer, worked for the Bagginses as a garderner. Once Sam was old enough, he joined in the work and eventually took over. He became a close friend of his employer, Frodo Baggins, and, when duty called, agreed to join him in the Quest to Destroy the Ring.

Sam left the Shire, Rosie Cotton, his garden, and everything else he held dear and familiar. In a rather victorious step, he went further from home than he ever had before. In a town called Bree, he encountered a dangerous, powerful man named Strider and, along with his companions, entrusted his life and the quest to the man.

alright...it's 2:30 in the morning...I'm not making coherent sense...Vicky, I'm in the Harry Potter RPG. If you need more, let me know. Oh yeah...and KKC, you're in the Pendragon (Denduron) RPG...we need ppl to post in that...
~art~

[color=royal blue]OOC: I'm going to try out for Sam anyways. Frodo would be 31 at the beginning of the fellowship, since he and Bilbo share a birthday. He came of age at that birthday when he was named heir of the Baggins' estate.

Name: Samwise Gamgee

Age: Around 45 years Shire Reckoning, his correct age would be 46 since he was a gardener for Mr. Bilbo for 15 years, and Hobbits come of age at the age of 31.

Character you are filling in for: Samwise Gamgee

Weapons: Sam does not have any weapons at the start of the Fellowship.

Armor: Samwise has no armor in the beginning of the Fellowship.

Appearance: [img]http://www.a-arca.com/d10/artigos/images/rings_gamgee.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pageant.sinfree.net/sam2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.visimag.com/starburst/images/281_feat_sub.jpg[/img]

Race: Hobbit

Personality: Samwise is quiet and thoughtful. He is very loyal to his friends, and would risk his life for them. Especially ?Mr. Frodo.? He loves music and poetry, mainly the ones Mr. Bilbo wrote of his adventures. He also seems to have an infatuation with rope. Sam will almost always stay quiet until riled up, or sad. He will almost always do what his heart tells him to, without any second thoughts. He is a cousin once removed of Frodo?s so that may account for the strong bond they develop.

Biography: Samwise is the youngest son of Hamfest ?The Gaffer? Gamgee. So far, he has led a fairly uneventful life, not really doing anything of importance except tending to the gardens of Mr. Frodo. Sam is extremely curious about Elves, partly because of Mr. Bilbo?s stories, and partly because he?s an eavesdropper. His father was the gardener for the Baggins? estate, and when he got old, it was passed down to Sam.

Frodo is a cousin once removed of his, therefore he knows Frodo as a friend and a family member. He also knows the local troublemakers Meriadoc Brandybuck a.k.a Merry, and Peregrin Took a.k.a Pippin. Although he doesn?t hang around with many people around the Shire, he always goes to the Green Dragon, the local Inn, and joins in the drinking and festivities.

Sam also considers himself an excellent cook, and loves adding potatoes, one of the hardiest vegetables, to almost everything he cooks. Some people may call Sam a simpleton, in fact, his name means half-wise. But do not let this ?simple? country Hobbit fool you. Beneath all that soft, gardener exterior is a very stout trustworthy companion.

Although he may not do things that other young hobbits would, he is satisfied with planting, seeding, pruning, digging, and caring, for the vast garden on the Baggins? ground. He has a deep infatuation with a Miss Rosie Cotton, a beautiful young female Hobbit that Sam has had his eye on for a long time.

While eavesdropping on a conversation between Gandalf and Frodo, he was caught by Gandalf. As a result, Gandalf noticed what Sam?s potential could lead to, and he was the first chosen to join Frodo on the Fellowship.

Because of Sam?s great loyalty and trustworthiness, anyone is able to trust him, and, at times, confide in him. Sam is always willing to listen to a persons story, he loves knowledge, and anything about gardening and Elves.[/color]

[SIZE=1][B]Well... I have now who is in and out, though these where good sign-up's.

[U]Accepted[/U]
Boba Fett - Jedgar Nieta
Dmitri_Dragoon - Boromir
K.K.C. - Peregrin Took
Vicky - Legolas
Lynx - Garin the Grey
Drix D'Zanth - Gimli
duorocks17 - Frodo
Braidless Baka -Merry
Jokopoko - Aragorn
Shikaku Kitoku - Samwise

[U]Rejected[/U]
Artemis - Don't worry, you had a great sign-up and it was hard to see which was better, but yes... I had to pick Shikaku. It was a great sign-up, and maybe if this all goes well, and we do start TT, you could still be in it. Thanks for trying anyway!

I'm still starting this Monday afternoon when I finish school, 3:00 or 3:30, but since I live in England you will have lots and lots of time to post! Thanks for signing-up![/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=5]EDIT:[/SIZE]
Sorry about that, just want to tell you, I'll start this today... why? Because lastnight I thought it was sunday, turns out it wasn't.... Well, new start time:

Sat. 3:00pm England time (Therefore if you live in the US or something, 5 or 6 hours apart... so... no worries).

Yeah... blame all this on my stupid Mobile phone, it happen to be 1am when I looked to see what day it was... this is so stupid of me!