OtakuBoards

Top 5 Actors/Actresses

Dragon Warrior

Aye. In your opinion, who are the top 5 best actors/actresses. I mean the ones you love, worship (better not let Jesus know), and idolize. Here are mine in a neat little list (in no particular order)...

[list]
[*]Andy Serkis- He be the man behind the mask. In other words, he's Gollum from LOTR. He was the dude who ran around in what looked like a messed-up ballet suit minus the tutu and did all the work for LOTR's Weta Workshop to edit into the movie as the mega CG character of our age, Gollum. I idolize this man and have read his book he wrote about his Gollum experience as well as some other things he did during the film he mentions. He's quite a great person and I wish to meet him one day when I become an actor.
[*]Bruce Campbell- A God in acting and he stars in one of my favorite flicks: Army of Darkness (third in the Evil Dead saga). This man and his Remmington shotgun are beasty. He has acted in a few films you may have heard of or possibly may have not since most of them are from the 80's/90's or are rated R. He recently starred as a crazy old dude in a retirement home who thinks he Elvis and tries to stop a mummy attacking his friends there. That was the movie "Buba-Hotep". He also stars in the Evil Dead series as I said. I recommend him. I really do.
[*]Adam Sandler- Hey! There he is! Everyone knows this guy. He has to be one of my most favorite actors (possibly my [i]favorite[/i] right there. 1st, man!). We all know he's a living legend of comedy making his first big appearance in Saturday Night Live, though I wasn't aware of that show until after he left it to be a big time movie man. After that show, he took to his first film "Babes Ahoy", which most of you have probably never heard of. Then he did more popular films such as "Billy Madison" and "Happy Gilmore", which both were his most popular films and skyrocketed his career so he was able to create his own film company [b]Happy Madison[/b] (obviously taken from the movie titles). Indeed, I love all his movies. Good stuff, man. Good stuff.
[*]Billy Boyd- I guess I could throw this guy in here. I haven't really seen anything he's been in aside from LOTR whom he was Pippin the hobbit. He did an excellent job in it and made Pippin by far my most favorite character of that. I'll just leave K.K.C. to worship him and his body (God knows I wouldn't X( )
[*]Johnny Depp- Yeah, he's a good actor, even if he's hit the over-the-hill mark. But age doesn't matter if you still look like a 16-year-old girl, right? Bah, just kiddin'. A crack at his long hair is all. I actually have long hair so I should shut up :( Anywho, I've seen quite a few of his movies and though I haven't liked them all, his acting performances were exceptional. Bravo to him. Him being "Captain" Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean (my favorite film) was just a bonus for him, now wasn't it? He did well in that too! He was also good in Edward Scissorhands (didn't find out he played Edward until last year at about October when I watched it again. Hadn't seen that film since I was about 7.) Yeah, I wouldn't mind meeting him. I could get acting tips off him, after all. But he's not my favorite actor. He has enough fans as it is anyways, right? XD
[/list]

Okay. Top 5 Actors/actresses. Let's see, this'll be tough. Okay. Probably nowhere near as concise as DW's though.

1. Johnny Depp. Okay. From a purely hetero sexual perspective, Johnny Depp is a spunk. There is no denying his sex appeal. Apart from that his films are fun to watch. He was brilliant as Jack Sparrow in [i]Pirates of the Carribean[/i] and I found his performance in [i]From Hell[/i] extremely admirable.

2. George Clooney. I don't care if he's getting old. And fat. I love his work. In [i]From Dusk till Dawn[/i] he was such a hard-***, but had morals too, while in [i]Ocean's Eleven[/i](though the film wasn't really that well liked) he was great. His directorial debute (sp?) [i]Confessions of a Dangerous Mind[/i] was excellent.

3. Drew Barrymore. Just for her performance in [i]Donnie Darko[/i], which I think she directed or produced as well. I don't care much for the [i]Charlie's Angels[/i] films, I just loved Donnie Darko. And ET.

4. Kirsten Dunst. Not only is she physically attractive (putting it gentlemenly) but she starred in the fil [i]Interview with the Vampire[/i], which, if you care to look at my sig, is featuring heavily on mind at the moment. I thought she was great as the arrogant Child-Vampire Claudia, in a role where hse had to act well beyond her years.

5. Sean Connery. I love the Bond films. All of them, but his especially. In [i]The Rock[/i] he was awesome as the only guy who scaped from Alcatraz, and in [i]League of Extraordinary Gentlemen[/i] he kicked arse ([spoiler]though in the final scene you expected him to reach out of the ground[/spoiler]) He's an extremely versatile actor.

Hmm. Easy

1. Jean claude van damme, I knwo hes a bit old but i love his fight movies, The quest and bloodsport

2. Jason stratham, Kick *** martial artist starred in the transporter and The one with jet li

3.Jackie Chan, I love all his movies cos thier funny and packed with martial arts action that isnt to fake,

4.Sean willian scott, he was awesome in Bullet proof monk and then even better and funnier when he teamed up with dwayne johnson in welcome to the jungle

5.Wesley snipes, Well its pretty obvious, Hes one of the best actors around and all his movies are jammed full of action and suspense, Two of my personal favourites are The art of war and Blade 2

1. Edward Norton - "Fight Club" anyone? How about his really powerful role in "American History X?" Or "Primal Fear?" Or "Death to Smoochy?" Or...

2. Christian Bale - He was incredible in "American Psycho," and he's been acting since he was a kid, in "Empire of the Sun." See "American Psycho" - awesome movie.

3. Johnny Depp - He is awesome, he is able to play such versatile roles and that's what I like about him. From "Edward Scissorhand" to "Blow" to "From Hell," just an all-around great actor. He was great in "Once upon a time in Mexico."

4. Joaquin Phoenix - Ah he was so good in "Gladiator," and he was hysterical in "Signs" as well. He was able to lighten the modd of that really scary movie. I just wish he had more roles, but look for him in the next M. Night Shyamalan flick, "The Woods." Looks scary!

5. Brad Pitt - Also of "Fight Club" fame, he is awesome. He just is so cool, he emits this aura of amazing coolness. He was great in "Fight Club," and he was also really good in "A River Runs through It," but that was a more serious role, but he was still great nonetheless.

1.) Keanu Reeves- I think he is a great actor. He actually reminds me of myself in some ways. He seems so quite and reserved when he is interviewed, and he has a calmness to him.

2.) Carrie-Anne Moss- Come on, you knew this was coming. ;) Most well known for her role as Trinity in The Matrix movies, I think she is an all around awesome actress. She has done well in many diffrent genres of film.

3.) Jet Li- I've only seen a few of his movies but I adore his performances both in acting and in martial arts!

4.) Ken Watanabe- I've only seen one of his films; The Last Samurai, but I think he was brilliant. He was a strong character in that movie. His sword fighting was very much enjoyed.

5.) Jim Carrey- Hes disliked by many people for his child like humor but I love most of his films. There are a few I would agree were distasteful but overall I think he's very funny, and great at being an idiot sometimes. :freak:

In no particular order...

Johnny Depp - I underestimated Johnny Depp until I saw him in Pirates of the Carribean, He was really amazing as Jack, and pulled off a role, I honestly didnt realize he had the talent to portray.

Mel Gibson - I love his movies, For some reason I find whatever he does to be good. I do not know why this is, but movies like "The Patriot" and "Braveheart" make me a fan for life.

Chiaki Kuriyama - I have many movies from Japan with her in them, and I did not really notice her until she played GoGo Yubari on Kill Bill, Now that I look back on my DVD collection I realize that the only thing connecting many of my imported movies is her, without even realizing it. She is definitly one of my favorite actress'.

Helen Hunt - I have always not only though she was beautiful, but I think she is a very talented actress. I think it started with me after I saw Twister and As Good As It Gets. Oh well, shes great.

Michelle Yeoh/Chow Yun Fat - These 2 I probably like about equally, so I shall include them together. And I really dont know what to say other than Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon got me started in wanting to see more movies from these 2. Although Chow Yun Fat, has ben kind of dissapointing lately with his movie roles.....Zhang Ziyi would be in here 2, but she hasnt been in all that much yet, so.....save that for next time.

You know, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I don't get why some people would name Johnny Depp. It's not just in this thread, but in general. So many people have seen Pirates of the Carribean and apprently have become his biggest fans because of it. Mentions of his other films are rarely made. It's just Pirates over and over. And not to single you out, SasukeUchiha, lol... but have you seen him anything else? I don't know how anyone could not think Depp, of all people, would not be able to pull that character off based on his past. I don't really feel that Jack Sparrow is anymore difficult to pull off than Raoul Duke in Fear and Loathing. Oh well lol.

Depp is my favorite actor because he's been amongst the top few for many, many years. Edward Scissorhands, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Blow, Ed Wood, Dead Man, etc. Even if the film he is in isn't that good, he alone seemingly saves it with his performance. I can't say I would have even cared about Pirates of the Carribean if it weren't for him.

I also like Kevin Spacey, who despite being in the awful K-Pax is still great on so many levels. Brad Pitt, despite his stigma as a pretty boy, has pulled off some excellent performances in movies like Seven.

Other than that, it comes and goes.

I actually have seen him in other things as well. And I did think we was talented, I think I single that movie out so much because of the fact that it seems out of the normal character range Johnny Depp normally portrays. I have seen him in many movies playing both major or minor roles, but his acting never seemed to stretch the limits to far as to what he seems to be in his real life. The dark movies and roles I am used to seeing him in are fine and all, but for me at least, seeing him in the Pirates role made me notice him more than I had in the past.

So its not neccesarily the movie in itself that is making me say that about it, its just what made me finally take notice of him.

I hope that kind of explains at least my reasoning for mentioning the movie.

[i]Edit[/i] - And actually now that I think about it, I have seen him in Blow, and I think I could have used that as an example also, I think he was amazing in that movie as well as Pirates

Ah, it does. I don't know if you've seen Ed Wood or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... most people haven't, in my experience. I'm not sure if you'd like the films' subject matter, but I think they do a good job of showing what he was capable. So Pirates, for me, wasn't too much of a stretch for him heh.

[b]Matthew McConaughey[/b] - Honestly, I don't know if he can act or not. All I know is I would pay to see him in any movie just so I could look at him.

[b]Halle Berry[/b] - God, I love this woman. Until last week, I considered her the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. I'll name my new one in a bit. Back to Halle...She can do it all (let's not mention X-Men). Comedy, action, "horror," drama. I loved her in the James Bond movie and can't wait to see if the rumors of her getting her own franchise come true.

[b]Helen Hunt[/b] - I was pleasantly surprised to see someone else name her. I've loved her forever. I think I've seen most of her movies, even when she was a girl. In fact, I saw her as a young girl on Mary Tyler Moore on Nick at Night! I saw As Good As It Gets and said that she would get the Oscar for it. I can't wait for her next one. And Mad About You is one of the all time greatest comedies...pre-Mable, of course.

[b]Drew Barrymore[/b] - Riding In Cars With Boys, Never Been Kissed, ET. I don't think I've ever seen a Drew Barrymore movie that I didn't like. She's beautiful and woderfully talented.

[b]Angelina Jolie[/b] - The new most beautiful woman in Hollywood. I really realized what an actress she was when I saw The Bonehunter. I think she is the only woman I would go straight for.

[b]Al Pacino[/b] - From Dog Day Afternoon to Angels In America, he just gets better year after year.

I Know that was more than 5, but I couldn't leave one out.

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragon Warrior [/i]
[B]Aye. In your opinion, who are the top 5 best actors/actresses. I mean the ones you love, worship (better not let Jesus know), and idolize. Here are mine in a neat little list (in no particular order)...

[list]

[*]Adam Sandler- Hey! There he is! Everyone knows this guy. He has to be one of my most favorite actors (possibly my [i]favorite[/i] right there. 1st, man!). We all know he's a living legend of comedy making his first big appearance in Saturday Night Live, though I wasn't aware of that show until after he left it to be a big time movie man. After that show, he took to his first film "Babes Ahoy", which most of you have probably never heard of. Then he did more popular films such as "Billy Madison" and "Happy Gilmore", which both were his most popular films and skyrocketed his career so he was able to create his own film company [b]Happy Madison[/b] (obviously taken from the movie titles). Indeed, I love all his movies. Good stuff, man. Good stuff.

[/list] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, his acting range between the roles of Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore was quite impressive. He didn't seem like he was stretching himself at all.

I thought he was [i]pretty[/i] good in Punch Drunk Love.

1.[B]Tom Hanks[/b] is by far the greatest actor of all time. Forest Gump was extraordinary and so was Saving Private Ryan. It amazes me the way he can be so funny in one movie and then serious in the next. Most actors/actresses are labeled as either comedy or action stars but Tom can do anything from Action to comedy at times he even does both.

2.[B]John Travolta and Patrick Swayze[/b] are both actors who started there careers off with dance based movies. They both did excellent with John's Saturday Night Fever and Patrick's Dirty Dancing.

3.[B]Hilary Duff, Amanda Bynes, and Lindsay Lohan[/b]are my favorite teen actresses. I love them so much. I've met Amanda before and she was great and very nice. I'm looking forward to meeting the other two.

4.[B]Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean Claude Van Dam, and Vin Diesel[/b]are pretty much the same person to me. They are all big action stars who can't speak english well.

5.[B]Lucy Liu[/b]is by far one of the hottest actresses in the world. Everything she has been in I loved; from Kill Bill to Alley McBeal. She was perfect in Charlie's Angels and to me out shown the rest of the angels.

You know, I like Johnny Depp, but I can't really say I ever had any true passion for him. His more popular movies are what throw me off, I suppose. I abhored Blow, that was terrible...

Either way, I'm a really big fan of Ben Kingsley. From Ghandi to Sexy Beast, that man truly played a role that everyone thought he could never pull off. He truly assumes the role he plays , very convinving indeed.

Other than him my favorite actors drift into the never heard of category, unfortunately...

[size=1]Fear and Loathing is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It's disappointing that so many people haven't even heard of it, let alone actually watched it. Everyone who reads this should go and rent it, right now.

[b]James Stewart[/b] is probably my absolute favorite actor of all time. You all probably know him as the main character from [i]It's a Wonderful Life[/i]. He had a really sincere stage presence that few actors can really pull off - everything he said and did was natural and flowing. Because of that every single one of his characters always came off as very real and believable. [i]Mr. Smith Goes To Washington[/i] is one of my favorites, but he's also done a lot of other memorable roles - [i]The Philadelphia Story[/i], for which he recieved an Oscar for Best Actor, [i]Vertigo[/i] by Alfred Hitchcock, and [i]Harvey[/i], the one with the giant rabbit.

Mildly interesting fact: Like a lot of actors during that time, he also served both WW2 and Vietnam as a pilot.[/size]

[size=1]Erg... I'm sorry, but Hilary Duff should have never started singing...

[b]Johnny Depp[/b]: I have to say, Depp is one of the greatest actors i'v seen, And I don't just mean in POTC. I saw him in Edward Sissor hands (which I love) and Chocolat.I think it's really... neat how Depp sorta adds on to the characters that he plays instead of just listening to what the director tells him. He actually makes you believe that the character is a real life person, and in my view, that's hard to do.
[b]
Robin Williams[/b]: I'm sorry, but I love this guy... (you can all go and throw rocks at me!) I'v practically grown up watching films with Robin Williams as one of the stars. Although he did join up with Disney for a few "not so great" films (such as Flubber) I still think he is an awesome actor. I havn't seen any recent films of him in a while, but I did see him a Golden Globes (He looks so old...) and I hope he gets casted into another comedy sometimes soon.

[b]Shia LaBeouf[/b]: Although he plays a very disturbing and idiotic character on Disney's "Even Stevens" I still think this kid is a great actor. He played the main character in the movie "Holes" (which is one of my favorite books) and I thought he did a damn good job at it. Although I'm not to fond of his character in Stevens, i'v always seen him as a good actor, I just hope he gets into some better things than Disney shows in the future.

[b]Billy Boyd[/b]: *glares at DW* Well, as of now, this is my favorite actor. Although he's only appeared in 2 american films (LOTR and MAC) and master and Commander having a very small part, he remains my favorite actor. His role of Pippin in ROTK was very great, being, in the third film, alot of the dramatic weight is put on Sam, Pippin, and Aragorn. I thought his performance was excellant and I liked his singing (so shoot me!). I'm looking forward (in about a year or so) to seeing a screen play he and Domonic Monahagn (sp?) made come to life.

[b]Elijah Wood[/b]: I think Wood is a good actor, he's been about 20 or more movies sense he was a child. He played in"Deep Impact"which was very dramatic film and a few others such as "The good brother". He played Frodo in LOTR at age 18 and did a splendid job at it, being the main character and such. I really look forward to future movies from Wood (Although I'm not always fond of his voice acting).

(I'm not good with these kind of threads *sigh*)[/size]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Here's my list of actors:
1. Tom Hanks -- just an example: in Cast Away, he kept the audience interested BY HIMSELF for two hours. That's pretty damn hard and almost nobody else can do pull it off.

2. Harrison Ford -- the man has done tons of different roles and does them all flawlessly. The amount of natural talent he has is ridiculous. He has given the world two of cinema's most memorable characters (Indy and Han Solo), and that's better than anyone else has done.

3. Tom Cruise -- He has a lot of variety and he's done it all well. Part of his appeal is his tremendous amount of charisma, but the fact that he can comfortably slip into almost any role doesn't hurt. Many people can't help but see "Tom Cruise" regardless of what movie he is in, but I think those people do it just to spite themselves.

4. Russell Crowe -- Another guy who has played very varied roles and done them beautifully. Sure, Gladiator or Master and Commander are easy, stand-out roles with epic characters, and his playing them well doesn't mean much on its own. But add to that his unbelievable performance in A Beautiful Mind, as well as his other films, and you have someone who can make you believe he is anyone he feels like being.

5. Kevin Spacey -- Although his roles are not too varied, and mostly involve him playing someone resembling himself, he has still managed to make movies worth watching simply because of his acting. The Usual Suspects and A Beautiful Mind are wonderful films, and let his talent shine, but even movies like K-Paz and The Life of David Gale and especially The Big Kahuna do so because it's clear that if it weren't for his acting, those films would have NOTHING. His characters are extremely realistic and leave a strong impression. The only thing I don't like about him is he is very arrogant in real life, in contrast to the very modest Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise.

Other greats: Hugh Jackman, Bill Murray, Johnny Depp, Sean Bean

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]You know, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I don't get why some people would name Johnny Depp. It's not just in this thread, but in general. So many people have seen Pirates of the Carribean and apprently have become his biggest fans because of it. Mentions of his other films are rarely made. It's just Pirates over and over. And not to single you out, SasukeUchiha, lol... but have you seen him anything else? I don't know how anyone could not think Depp, of all people, would not be able to pull that character off based on his past. I don't really feel that Jack Sparrow is anymore difficult to pull off than Raoul Duke in Fear and Loathing. Oh well lol.

Depp is my favorite actor because he's been amongst the top few for many, many years. Edward Scissorhands, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Blow, Ed Wood, Dead Man, etc. Even if the film he is in isn't that good, he alone seemingly saves it with his performance. I can't say I would have even cared about Pirates of the Carribean if it weren't for him.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I actually have to agree with Semjaza Azazel on this one, too. I mentioned the same thing on the Pirates thread before. Johnny Depp captured my attention when I was wee a little thing watching 21 Jump Street when he was a virtual unknown, and I can't believe it took this long for people to recognize him. He's been awesome in absolutely everything that he's been in, my favorite being Crybaby! I honestly have to say [b]Johnny Depp[/b] is one of my absolute favorite actors out there. I also want to add more movies that I love to Semjaza Azazel's list (which I agree on completely): Crybaby, Sleepy Hollow, From Hell, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Benny and Joon, and more recently Once Upon A Time In Mexico (which I thought was alright, though Johnny Depp saved it for me).

I also really love [b]Tom Hanks[/b]. I think it was his performance in Philidelphia that really hooked me because his acting was just splendid in that one, and then he followed it up with Forrest Gump which made him a staple in my favorite actor's list.

And virtually unknown, underrated actor that I'm completely in love with is [b]Alexis Cruz[/b]. Not a lot of people know who he is, but he's been in movies like Stargate, Streets of Laredo, Riot in the Streets, the Price of Love, and loads more, including a really terrible film from the 80s called Rooftops (though he was great in it!). He's also made guest appearances on Stargate SG-1 and Touched By An Angel, and the roles he undertakes are so versitile and he has the talent to pull them off. I wish more people would notice him haha ^^;

Anyway, I'm only sticking to three actors right now. I can't think of anymore at the moment.

~haruno_sakura

Guest BelieveInAngels
Well my PC decided to Dissconect and delete all that i typed which took me ages so il just say my part about my fav actor and list the others lol.

[B]1/
Brandon Lee:[/B] He may not have had the martial arts skills his father the legendary Bruce Lee but i believe his acting talents to not only be superior to that of his father, but also superior to that of every actor ive ever witnessed. He is The Crow, and gave an amazing performance that was utterly flawless. It is therefore so saddening that his life was taken from him at such a young ago and on the set of the film which was his Crowning point. He will be missed.
(Brandon Lee was also in Rapid Fire and Showdown in little Tokyo)

[B]2/
Al Pacino[/B]

[B]3/
Johnny Depp[/B]

[B]4/
Kursten Dunst[/B]

[B]5/
Bruce Campbell[/B]

ok, there's my top 5

[size=1]My five favourite actors and actresses, well I'm really stuck on this one because like most people who just love movies in general and don't go see film specifically for the actors who were in them.

[list][*][b]Tom Hanks[/b] A truly brilliant actor who's brought his character to life perfectly in every film he's ever been in. He's got an ability to invoke emotion like no other actor I've ever seen and has starred in some of the most memorable films in recent cinema history. If I had to pick three of my favourite Tom Hanks films they'd be: [i]Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan and CastAway[/i]. Not just because of the War genre they feature in (hell CastAway doesn't even fit there) but because of the character's he portrayed, tell the story so fluently and well. Character's like Forest Gump would take mounds of ability to portray well and Hanks does it superbly, other films like Road to Perdition in which he actually had a decent Irish accent and his role in the Green Mile are just extra shows of his talent.

[*][b]Al Pachino[/b] Another great actor however I think that his skills tend to only work in certain roles or genres or else his performance won't be so great. This man has been the greatest Mafia actor [i]ever[/i] I know others like Robert de Niro, Ray Liota and Joe Peschi have attempted to take his thunder before but failed. His roles in the Godfather are what really made those films worth watching (beyond the excellent story) and his redemption at the end of the Godfather Part III is why I actually prefer it to the previous instalments. Other than the Godfather Trilogy he's been great roles in Carlito's Way, Scarface, Heat (I'm told, I haven't actually seen it) and The Recruit (which had it's moments).

[*][b]Harrison Ford[/b] Han Solo or Indiana Jones call him which ever you like the roles are phenomenal and this man owes his livelihood to one George Lucas. I think though that people tend to just keep staring at those two roles and think that that's all Ford has done when of course there have been a multitude of others ranging from "Mr. President" in Air Force One as well his roles in the Clear and Present Danger as well as it's sequels/prequels (I'm not sure whether it's the first or the last one). However that not withstanding I think his roles as Indiana Jones the treasure hunting adventure nut and Han Solo the roguish pirate are his best in my own humble opinion.

[*][b]Kevin Spacey[/b] K-Pax, I loved this film and I know many, many of you despise it but I have to say that this is one of if not my favourite films ever, I'm a sci-fi nut I'll more than likely love anything that has to do with sci-fi. However it isn't just the fact that this film is sci-fi based that made me love this film I mean the story to it is genius as are the characters and the actors who play them including Jeff Bridges. I'm getting off point though as this is supposed to be about Spacey, other films he's been in including Ordinary Decent Criminal and others that I just can't remember the names of at the moment have shown his excellent acting abilities.

[*][b]Morgan Freeman[/b] It's a travesty that this man has not yet been voted by anyone but me, I mean this man has acting talent that rivals the best in the world and he's older than most of them. Take his role of Red in The Shawshank Redemption I mean how can you not have enjoyed this character he was brilliant the voice of reason and moderation in the prison who kept everyone from going insane. There are several other films which show this mans excellent acting skills but I just can't remember the names of the films, when I do I'll come back and edit these.[/list]

I suppose that's it then. [/size]

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b] Well this was a tough one...[/color]

[list][color=orange]Tom Hanks:[/color][color=silver] Well several other people have covered why hes great...Hes just very versatile and handles comedys and dramas with equal skill. I cant wait for his upcoming comedy. [/color]

[color=orange]Scarlett Johansson:[/color][color=silver] Ive been very impressed with her for awhile. While she did mostly support roles when younger she was very good in the "Horse whisperer" and then later with ghost world. She most excellently delivered on the promise she showed when she was younger with "Lost in translation". One of my favorite movies, her understated and flawless acting was wonderful.[/color]

[color=orange]Bill Murray:[/color][color=silver] And I also love her costar in lost in translation. The man is the best comedian around. I really hope and pray he wins the oscar. He was great on SNL and the various comedies he did during the 80's. But my favs of his have to be "Rushmore" and "Groundhog day".[/color]

[color=orange]Jude Law:[/color][color=silver] He was one of the best things about cold mountain to me. Through his warweary character of enman he was able to express so much emotion without talking most of the time. And he was impressive in many other films...Of note are "The talented mr. ripley", "A.I.", and "Enemy at the gates". His next film "sky captain and the world of tommorrow" looks like alot of fun and very promising.[/color]

[color=orange]Johnny Depp:[/color][color=silver] I was kinda loathe to list him because so many others have...But I decided I would put him because he is one of my favorite actors and it would be stupid not to put him just for the purpose of bucking the trend. While pirates is the obvious movie to cite as one of his best I also enjoyed "sleepy hollow" a great deal aswell as "edward scissorhands" and "from hell". "Ed Wood" is kinda odd but pretty enjoyable.[/list]

Well thats my list...I tend to perfer actors who can give good understated performances and dont need to have a huge amount of lines to flesh out their characters on screen.[/color][/b][/font]