OtakuBoards

Dragon Warrior's sketches

Dragon Warrior

Booyah! 'Tis Captain Jack Sparrow's portrait I drew. That movie has to be the best ever made (putting LOTR and Count of Monte Christo aside) so I had to draw a character from it. Jack seemed to be the most reasonable one to do so.

And here he is... C&C are appreciated :) Meh.

[center][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=547726[/IMG][/center]

[color=teal]Mod-approved double post. Threads merged. -Syk3[/color]

And yet another POTC sketch I made. This character is William Turner (played by Orlando Bloom) in his "muskateer-like" outfit you'll see him wear in the film. Silly Orlando. I don't think it turned out to look like Orlando's character (unless you stand back from it and look at it from a distance), but everyone tells me it's the spitting image so meh.

I like my Jack Sparrow sketch better XD

C&C, please.

[center][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=547732[/IMG][/center]

[size=1][color=darkblue]It's really cool DW, I'll check out your Jack Sparrow Sketch too.

He looks the character, I too think it's a spittign image of Orlando's character Will Turner. It's shading has turned out really good.

Funny, I don't remember the outfit, but still, 8/10 it's awesome [/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=1]That hat... I've always hated that hat.... It's... HYPNOTIZING ME!!! Woah.. I didn't know I could spell that!!

Anyway, back to your sketch.

Not bad. The eyes are a little funky, though. The clothes are pretty good, or at least by MY standards. The face is drawn well, and so is the hair. The hat... *stares menacingly at the hat*.. What can I say? It's drawn well!!

All in all... ah hell. Let's rate this thing!!

William Turner sketch: 9/10

Like I said, the eyes are drawn funky. There are FEW improvements needed for this, but I can't give it a full 10/10.

~Kitty~[/color][/size]

[color=blue][size=1]The hands and eyes... again. They need the most 'fixing up'. The hat, clothes, extra garments... and that thing his left hand's on. They're drawn QUITE well.

Shall I rate it? Yesh I shall!!

Jack Sparrow Sketch: 9/10

Must I repeat my ideas? Fine... *sigh* The hands and eyes are kinda funky. Other than that, good. VERY good... FREAKISHLY good.

~Kitty~[/color][/size]

Really? I like the eyes. In fact, I believe that's how Jack's are. Droopy, as Dan put it, and eye-linered XD His hand is not doing silly signs, Danny, my boy, just simply two fingers tucked under. He does that in the movie.

And the thing his hand is on is a crow's nest.

[size=1] That's beautiful. No, really. And you don't get that stuff out of me that easily either. The drawing itself it very, very wonderful *praise praise* and I like you incorporated cel-shading with realistic drawing. I am hoping that you will post more stuff like this...it's just plain awesome![/size]

Excellent use of tone and acute detail on the attire, which I should imagine with Jack Sparrow is quite hard to get exactly right - it's picture perfect! It's also a suitably bold image, so it fits well with the character ^_^ - the firm outline works to brilliant effect here.

Yeah, I'd agree about the hand, but since it's tucked into the folds of his clothing, I understand how hard it is to be precise about how much in visible.

Overall, amazing - well done!

By using the same style as I did with Jack Sparrow and Will Turner, I've created another goofy thingy like so! It's Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee from LOTR. This is the scene where they are sitting at a table in the Prancing Pony worried about Gandalf. The picture is meant to be very dark since the inn is dim inside. I think I did well on Sam (the one on the left), but then Frodo (the right one) doesn't seem all together my best. He doesn't look too much like Frodo and I sighed at that fact when I finished.

It's those danged eyes. Eyes are my enemies lately :< Anyways, C&C, please. Thanks.

[center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=548144[/img][/center]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Noëlle [/i]
[B][i][color=lightpink]Yay!!!! That is soo good!!!! I love it. I love Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp is so sexy too. ^.^ [/color][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lieiavalon2044 [/i]
[B]I saw that picture already and I really liked it... I'm not that good at drawing real people anymore... ^^ I think besides a couple of things that it's great. [/B][/QUOTE]
Please use constructive criticism in your posts. The thread at the top of the forum is very usefull for finding out what we expect from you in the art forums. That is, simply saying that a banner is good isn't giving any real critique. ~_^

You know I was just going to say... I loved the other three and thought they looked SO much like the actual characters... but this one doesn't so much.

Don't get me wrong... it's a great sketch, and I'm not a good art critique so I can't tell you what exactly it is that doesn't look alike, but this one doesn't look like the actual character like the Jack Sparrow and Frodo & Sam pictures did...

But it was still quite good!

My Edit: Syk your really confussing me here @_@

[size=1] Hurry up and Show the Pippin!

I agree that sam looks better than Frodo in this sketch. Frodo... just doesn't look like frodo for some reason... and the shading on his clothes arn't as good as your other sketches.
Sam on the other hand looks pretty good. His face and head seems to be a bit narrow to me, but you did the shading and body (fat hobbit) alot better.

The only thing that really bothers me about it is their hair... The hair on both sam and Frodo is too... Fro-ish. There hair is more curley then poofy.

[b]Rating: 7/10 [/b] [/size]