OtakuBoards

Witch Hunter Robin

OtakuSennen

HA! Did anyone happen to catch Witch Hunter Robin on adult swim last night? The series ended Tuesday, and they repeated the very first episode.

What was interesting was that they added moustaches (bad spelling) to the characters throughout the show. I have it on tape now! I don't think anyone has ever done anything like this on TV, it freaked me out before I realized it was April Fools day. Inuyasha and Big O had staches too, but I went to bed before Cowboy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]Why is Witch Hunter Robin "pretty good"? All you've done here is state your feelings about the show; you need to provide justification for your opinions.

As I mentioned in my wish list thread, I've been very excited about WHR's arrival at AS. I like its unique character designs--they might even be described as daring--and smooth animation. Certain shots in the beginning episode remind me of scenes from X-TV, particularly when Amon first attacks the rouge witch.

Speaking of which, Amon is a fantastic (and highly attractive) character. I really look forward to learning more about his abilities.

I'm a little bit disappointed with WHR's dub. While it features a whole array of popular and talented VAs, here they all sound rather stiff. It could have something to do with the show's translated script; the dialogue is saddled with slow moments and awkward pauses. Hopefully everyone will eventually become more comfortable with their roles.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
I never really noticed any 'relaxation' of the va's into their roles... They all seem kind of tense all the time, but in a way that helps to create the atmosphere of the show. I think if they were all as relaxed as Nagira sounds, the show wouldn't have caught and held such a high level of my attention... I believe the tenseness in their voices helped to capture my attention and suck me into another great anime. I think Amon has officially been added to my very long list of anime hotties that will be chained to my hottie wall of DOOM when Roq finally qonqures the world!! (I think Crispin does a fine job at bringing Amon's character to life, just like David Kaye does a great job for my fluffy puppy^^)
[quote name='Shadow Wolf']I am in favor of Robin and Amon shipping. (relationship, to those of you who don't know) For some reason, I think there's something going on between those two...:cool:[/quote]
Well Duh!! Everyone can see it... Especially in the first ep when they first see each other...And in...Uhh.. I think it's episode 6... or something...When Robin gets stuck in the rain and her Vespa runs out of gas... And this lady gives her a ride and lets Robin borrow her umbrella... Anyway Robin in that episode (at least I think so) sees Amon and the chick Robin lives with ( I can't remember her name) Are walking in the park together... Maybe it's a little later in the series but I don't think so... Amon's like trying to break it off with the chicky and you can absolutely tell he's got someone else on his mind (most likely Robin)... Then there are later eps where Amon is hangin out in her apartment feelin bad because his ex was caught in the cross fire... And then there's the fact that Amon helped Robin excape a whole bunch of scary people and almost kisses her as he's saying goodbye and telling her to meet him someplace... and all... And you also have to take into account the last episode... "I don't know if a person as powerful as you should exist...But the only way to find out is for you to live." A.
"I guess that makes you my watch dog." R w/ sly and slightly suggestive smile... Then building go boom as it collapses in on itself... YAY!! *waves flags*

[QUOTE=Shadow Wolf][b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Witch Hunter Robin is so cool! It and GTO are all I keep talking about! I think Amon is hot. Robin's really cool. But you know, have you noticed that Hellsing and Witch Hunter Robin are a like, in the irony sense. In WHR, Robin is a craft using witch who joins STNJ, a witch hunting organization, and in Hellsing, Alucard is a Vampire who is on a Vampire Hunting team. I found that amusing!:cross: [/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]P.s I also don't trust that guy at the cafe. Something's telling me that he's evil.:shifty: [/color][/font][/b][/QUOTE]
I'd have to agree.. Amon is hot.. In an odd kind of dark mysterious way.. Yeah it is kinda funny that the irony is the same... But Harry isn't a bad guy... he's just kinda creepy...I don't like his voice... He almost sounds like a girl... I wonder if he's a eunuch?...LOL...JK!! Did you know that the dude who does the voice for Kenshin also does the voice for Harry's kid... Man I hate this..My mind did a total blank when I was trying to think of Kenshin's va... Oh well.. Yeah it's really cool!!

*back to original topic* The show [I]is[/I] worth the $25 for the DVD's, but I'm poor, so I'm just taping all the eps... :sweat: Yeah... HEY! Did any of you get a kick out of what AS did Wed night on all the anime... All their little squiggly drawings, like adding facial hair and all to people...I thought it was funny, especially when they did one on the back of Chief Kosaka's head... It was funny!! ^^

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange]You guys make me feel behind the times. I don't have anything like Adult Swim so I can only watch anime on one channel-YTV. lol and the only anime they have inu-yasha, so I end up renting the animes. I'm only on disc two and they don't have any other ones so I'm still waiting -.-' It's getting expensive just to rent so I can't imagine buying them all. As for the series, I think it's really good, and the animation is sooo great =) but I read a few reviews and people seem to think that up to episode 11, it's pretty slow and boring. I've only seen up to ten so I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series, even though I didn't think any of the episodes were really boring. I think the music for the series sets an awesome mood. Very dark. And I agree with everyone who thinks Amon is hott. I'm sorry, but that Michael guy kinda scares me. Cool computer genius hacker man, but augh.. Major mullet going on. lol sorry if anybody likes mullets but it freaks me out. Ah well, the series is cool all the same and I hope the video place hurries up and gets the rest of the discs! =D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Witch Hunter Robin turned out to be a lot better than I expected! I missed 3 episodes... >_< But yes, I really enjoyed it. The characters were interesting, and the plot was so unpredictable. Amon [I]is[/I] hott. ^_~ Those mustaches were hilarious...
But the ENDING!!! The ending killed me. [SPOILER]Robin and Amon supposedly died... And everyone was arguing about it.[/SPOILER] That really killed me. x_x
All in all, WHR is probably one of my favorite anime series. I'm glad I can record shows on my Dish Network reciever. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='xXchaosfaerieXx']Witch Hunter Robin turned out to be a lot better than I expected! ... But the ENDING!!! The ending killed me.[/quote]

To tell you the truth, I think that WHR's ending is very disappointing; it fails in a number of significant regards. After watching the show's fantastic middle arc, I was prepared for an epic, action-packed finale. Yet the last episode's lack of any awesome showdowns is not what bothers me... rather, I feel that WHR's storyline starts to unravel after the true villain is revealed, and never really recovers.

Witch Hunter Robin's impact derives in large part from all of the amazing plot twists that occur midway through the show. Robin is shown to be immensely, frighteningly powerful; [spoiler]in my opinion, Zaizen doesn't have the kind of superhuman abilities or forceful personality required to be an appropriate antagonist. He's actually pretty bland, and his motives are terribly cliche. I would rather have seen Father Julian, another Craft user, or even Amon turn out to be the ultimate bad guy.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]To tell you the truth, I think that WHR's ending is very disappointing; it fails in a number of significant regards. After watching the show's fantastic middle arc, I was prepared for an epic, action-packed finale. Yet the last episode's lack of any awesome showdowns is not what bothers me... rather, I feel that WHR's storyline starts to unravel after the true villain is revealed, and never really recovers.

Witch Hunter Robin's impact derives in large part from all of the amazing plot twists that occur midway through the show. Robin is shown to be immensely, frighteningly powerful; [spoiler]in my opinion, Zaizen doesn't have the kind of superhuman abilities or forceful personality required to be an appropriate antagonist. He's actually pretty bland, and his motives are terribly cliche. I would rather have seen Father Julian, another Craft user, or even Amon turn out to be the ultimate bad guy.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
I agree, the show did seem to unravil and just go down hill a bit after you found out everyone's alerior motives and all... I have to say that the ending was dissapointing... Although, if they wanted to, there could always be some sort of spin off or something like that... They left it open... (It's great for fanfics hehehe)...I like how they decided to let Michael outside now.. It's good... I always felt bad for him for not ever being able to go outside...

... I'm sorry if Im being a burden, But I believed that it is rumored the Sci-fi channel will come out with a live action series of WHR... Somewhere withing the years 2004-2006.

I checked the official website for Sci-fi and it seemed to confirm it... (Then again they also confirmed a mYst movie that never came out)

Is this a good or bad thing? =^-._-.^=

Well Sci-Fi does have a problem with messing things up if someone isn't there to make sure they do it correctly... (shakes fist at the canadians) Oh well... I guess it could be a good thing, [I]if[/I] a live action WHR was done properly... The only other question is, will it be a series or a movie thing? For either one, they'd have to cast everyone correctly... If the casting got screwed up, I don't think they'd be able to do it, even if they did have a good script and storyline... And those are must haves... If you're going to turn anime into a live action gig, then you absolutely _must have_ a great scrip, in which everyone was written into their roles perfectly and the actors MUST be comfortable enough in those roles to portray them for the characters they are (if that made sense to you, you get a gold star!) Then there's always the fact that the producers, directors and writers of the original WHR should be helping out in the whole live action gig... That's my two cents!!

Guest ArcAngel
I've seen some of WHR it was really cool. I like the theme o fthe story, it flowed really well. I'm in the procces of watchin gthe other episodes sofar so good ;)

[color=hotpink][size=1]Hi ArcAngel! Please try to elaborate more with your posts from now on. Thank you! *QA*[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=instantramen14]Like many of you, i found the ending of WHR rather iffy. The middle was great, but i missed the beginning.

The pendant that Robin wears is orbo, which protects her (somewhat) from other witch's powers.[/QUOTE]
I thought Orbo was green... Besides, in the second episode, Robin said that she wouldn't use it because it was disgusting...I don't think Robin's pendant is anything other than a necklace...

• 2 months later...
:babble: I just found this thread, and CN is re-running the show on AS on Sat. at midnight, and I've seen episodes 1-4, and I love it because...

The series has a unique character design, a promising storyline, and a spooky, dark, mysterious theme...It's just an intriguing concept...on my list, it's second to .hack//SIGN!

Also, Robin's pendent is not orbo...I agree with Maikiratori on this one.
And I have a question...but I think the answer is no...would the Orbo disable Robin's craft if she used it at hunts?

• 2 months later...
Bandai is releasing a limited edition WHR collection just for the holiday season, but it's pretty pricey. If they re-packaged it as a cheap brick two or three years down the line, I might consider buying that... I want to see the series again, preferably at my own pace and with DVD-quality video.

Some shows almost seem to improve when you re-watch them armed with the knowledge of what's going to happen. Perhaps the events in the last part of Witch Hunter Robin were hinted at or at least set up earlier in the anime than I'm able to remember. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic--I [i]really[/i] wanted to love this show's ending as much as I loved the middle arc. However, I am tempted to give it another chance.

~Dagger~

Guest AnimeDesire
i have a question tho... :confused: i saw every eppy wen it first came out on CN but the last one i saw was wen they make it out of the building and Amon dissapeared. is that really the last eppisode??? cuz then the whole thing wud suk :(

and also every body seems to love that eppisode wen amon helps robin escape *wasn't it adorable :love: ?!?!?* and of course sad at the end wen he got shot :(

[QUOTE=AnimeDesire]yeah usually wen u see sumthing a second time it makes more sense, cuz c i tape the show 4 my best friend who doesn;t have cable and wen she comes over and i watch it again w/ her all the sudden i'd yell "oooh now i get" lol :D

but does ne one know wot the true ending is??? :wigout:[/QUOTE][color=#503f86]AnimeDesire, this is spam. Please refrain from using abbreviations to excess, and try and add more detail if you can- most of this reply is off-topic.[/color]

• 4 months later...
[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Ok...Ive watched it time and time again, i marveled at the use of CG in the series also, and it had a good plot flow, but in a way it still feels incomplete...I especially hate how it ends :mad: , but i cant help that...anybody else have any different views i could consider on this series? :sweat: [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 4 months later...
I just finished watching all of Witch Hunter Robin yesterday and I thought it was awsome. The music was fantastic!!!!!!One of the composer I believe was Taku Iwasaki, he also composed some music for Rurouni Kenshin. But I have a question about the ending, it kind of confused me a little bit. [spoiler]At the end, Nagira said Robin and Amon had to have survived from the collapse, and Dojima said they died. At the end I only saw Robin, does that mean that only ROBIN survived and not Amon?[/spoiler]

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added spoiler tags. Please be mindful of what you could be revealing to people who've not yet seen the series. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

I think they may bring Witch Hunter Robin back to AS they have been showing Fooly Cooly at 12:00 p.m. where I live on Saturdays there are only 6 eps and the Saturday that just past they used ep 3 so when Fooly Cooly is over they will have to bring back something also they probably may get a new show to replace Trigun when its done with its run its been coming on at 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays.

Well, as a fan of Witch Hunter Robin knowing alot about. I've been reading the manga after everything happend with Zizen and the STNJ incident. Anyways as of the last episode Amon and Robin do end up getting together as of everyone is just worried about them, I haven't read much anymore except the fact they do end up having a child. Well I won't spoil anymore I'll send the link to the manga as soon as I get home. Well see ya when I see ya

• 1 month later...
Are you a fan of Robin? I am. I love that series. It's not just about witchcraft its about the struggle to understand each other. i mean think about it. its about discovery, love, and the powers of a team.I mean it's life. Basic life's hardships. Okay, there's religon.strong sense of religon but tell me how many series's have that kind of rift between religons. I haven't seen many. I want your opinions about the show not just about religon. Okay. thanks much.^____^. by the way. i'm kinda new at this. sorta.

Thank's

Lady.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=seagreen]Hello ladycathren.

For future reference please post threads regarding any form of anime in the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27]Anime Lounge[/URL]. That's where I'll be redirecting this thread to. If you have any questions feel free to PM myself or any other moderators.

[B]EDIT :[/B] Sorry about that Panda :animeswea Thank you for expanding on that, and I wasn't aware that there was currently an active WHR thread. My bad. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Hi ladycathren!

All anime related threads need to be posted in the Anime Lounge and not in the Otaku Lounge. Before starting a thread on a specific anime series be sure to check the Official Thread sticky at the top of the Anime Lounge forum. There you will find a link to the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37304][u]Witch Hunter Robin Thread[/URL][/u] which you are more than welcome to join in and comment on the series. (The underlined text is also a link directly to that thread if you want to use that. :) )

If you have questions about posting rules please feel free to PM myself or any of the other moderators. I am going to lock this thread since it is in the wrong forum and there is already an existing official WHR thread in the Anime Lounge.

-Panda

Edit: oops! Looks like I took too long to type my response and Hack Helba moved this thread before I could lock it. Now it is up to the AL mods to decide the fate of this thread. Sorry! :animeswea

On topic: I really love this series. I love to marathon it and play the series non-stop. I really like the tone and overall feel of the series. It is very somber and the dark hues used in the animation is very subdued. I really like the relationship between the members of the STN-J and the way Robin and Amon interact with each other. Definitely not the anime to watch if you want high action and lots of bright colors.