OtakuBoards

Deep Red

Syn

Yes....my latest piece.

Deep Red.

As far as im aware, Kurenai Beni means Deep Red in japanese, I might be wrong though. Anyway, this piece started out as a sort of ... sort of a tribute type thing, meant to represent the results of war.

Its not often I get inspiration....a feeling that makes me want to make an image. Although I cant help but feel i've become lost in the production of the image rather than keeping in mind what I started out to achieve.

On the whole im quite pleased with it, although there are some niggly little bits in it that im not happy about, but still, here it is:

[center][b]Deep Red[/b]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17723[/img][/center]

[color=#800000][size=1][size=1][font=Verdana]When I first saw it, I immediately thought of a movie screen. Nice effect with the bordering and placing of text. I liked that very much ~_^[/font]

[font=Verdana][color=#800000]The red color is yummy, it's deep and it pulls you in. I actually didn't notice the blotch of orange until you pointed it out, but I imagine that it helps to draw the eye into the centre. Nice move *nods*[/color][/font][/size]

[size=1][font=Verdana][color=#800000]The image resembles many things - spider web, a nerve centre. The list goes on. [/color][/font][/size]
[size=1][font=Verdana][color=#800000]I like how you've gone from a specific idea (even though you claim to have lost it in the process) and tried to get something across. The results show effort and dedication.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=1][font=Verdana][color=#800000]Very good Kenji ![/color][/font][/size]

[size=1][font=Verdana][color=#800000]- Mimmi[/color][/font][/size]
[/size][/color]

[color=darkred][size=1]You want to know what it reminds me of? Standing on a sweeping glass strip, hundreds of feet above a teeming underground metropolis.I am not sure how great the black border is, but... yeah. This piece looks really good. I love the colours, and although it could be a litttle bit lighter, it is still really impressive. I nearly always enjoy pieces like this, examining them.

And this is a great piece, trust me.[/size][/color]

[size=1]Aesthetics: 8.5/10
Technical: 11/10

:p[/size]

Holy crap! It looks like you used loads of filters for that. But my oh my does it look amazing. It reminds me of this futuristic-metropolis swept up in the wind. I absolutely love how you can see those bar-like structures in a few random places. Almost as if they are trying to break free, but can't. Towards the bottom right it looks like a set of railroad tracks and a big black train just barely coming around a curve. The swipes of lighter red add to the entire hazy effect of the piece.

Needless to say, I love this. It leaves everything to the imagination. Instead of creating one focal point, you have added many different places that could be called the "central theme" of the piece, but you also leave it up to the viewer to decide which place they believe is the center. Possibilities are endless. This is my new favorite piece here. ^^

May I ask what the original inspiration was?

I really like the peice, if you look at it close enough it almost looks like there is something in the middle of the picture (at least i think so). Thia painting/picture is very well drawn/painted and awasome for me :D

~Nice work

I believe "kurenai" means crimson in japanese. A character from Naruto has the name Kurenai and I am quite sure that that is what it translates to.

Edit: I just checked on the about.com english-japanese dictionary and it says that both "kurenai" [I]and[/I] "beni" mean deep red or crimson. So basically that says "Crimson Crimson..."

I like this alot. It makes me think about things I wouldn't normally think about. The effects of war, the inspiration you must have had to make it, and HOW you made. It's awesome. I could stare at it in wonder and not have anything to say because you've already said it in your picture. niice. xD

Gretchen