OtakuBoards

Starsky and Hutch

Taylor Hewitt

Anyone seen this tidbit of joy? I usually see movies on the second day they are out and this is no different. Good movie. Snoop was in it which made it funnier. I would have to say Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are good together. I mean cmon... look at Zoolander! :wigout:

Yeah I know I spelled [i]and[/i] wrong but I can't fix titles :P

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Yeah it was a great movie. Very few films have this number of memorable moments. But there's the interrogation, the cheerleader practice visit, the undercover miming, the dance contest, etc. etc. Too much to list. It was all good. The film was much better than I expected it'd be.

I absolutely loved Zoolander. It's one of the most underrated comedies I've ever seen. So I went into this with high hopes, considering Stiller and Wilson are both in this movie.

I think the main thing this movie has going against it is that people are figuring that it's supposed to be a goofy parody. If you've ever seen the show, it's more of a tribute than anything. Sure, it has its funny and goofy points, but I don't think it's one of those movies laugh the entire time at.

That said, I really enjoyed it. Wilson and Stiller have their characters totally down. It had a nice amount of action. I'd say it was a good buddy cop movie... Decent films of that type are very rare in recent years.

Something I thought was amusing... there's a part where they are standing in front of an old framed poster. My dad actually won that exact poster way back in the 80s and I wound up keeping it. It's the weird one with a deck of cards, a bike wheel and an eagle on it. It's in the commercial too. No big deal, but funny to me at least lol.

[size=1][color=red]How you doin'?

I label it as an average movie. What can I say, comedies usually aren't my type of movies. I thought it was okay, and that was about it.

There's better movies out now to go see than this one. So go see the others instead. That's what I think, anyway.

I prefer [i]Meet the Parents[/i] over [i]Zoolander[/i], heh.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Mitch][size=1][color=red]
I prefer [i]Meet the Parents[/i] over [i]Zoolander[/i], heh.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Sure you do Han-[i]sellout[/i] :p , lol.

Starsky and Hutch was a great tribute movie. Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller are such a great combination and they fit the rolls of Starsy and Hutch perfectly. I loved how they continued the underlying theme that put both charecters in situations that made them fit the flamboyant gay stereotype of the late seventies. I always thought that was one of the best ideas in television history.

Now if only they would remake BJ and the Bear....[/color]

I didn't think that movie was gonna be good when I was waiting at the line with my friend, but she persuaded me to go so i did and I'm thankful for that. That movie was very funny and awsome with different plot twists and tuff like that. I'd hav to say it's one of my Top Ten movies for March! :D

I thought this was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time (except for Return of the King, of course). Stiller and Wilson were great and Snoop Dogg was much better than I thought he would be. Vince Vaughn was also very good but when I saw Har Mar Superstar I was delighted. He so crazy!!

I loved the movie I think that Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson played the parts of Starsky and Hutch perfectly right to the T. I still wonder was it really Owen Wilson who sang that song or was it just a recording of that old 70's one hit wonder. I also loved Snoop Dogg and his custom rides he brought up to the set I think he played the part of Huggy Bear great.

My favorite scene in the movie has to be the one where they are in the prison question that owner of the biker shop and he wants them to do all those provacative poses together to get information tat was hilarious.

I also must see Hidalgo and The Alamo.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]I was surprised by this movie. I expected it to have it's funny moments, but not THIS many.. I was rolling in a few of the scenes, especially the scene where they bust into the guy's apt. and the kid defends his dad *evil grin* I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard!

I was actually surprised by Snoop Dog's roll in the movie. I was expecting something a lot worse. I really loved his henchmen.. they were too funny themselves! [/SIZE][/COLOR]