Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE=Queen Asuka][color=hotpink][size=1]I HATE THE NEW COMMENT SYSTEM!

Not only can you only put 250 characters, but then when that isn't long enough to make an entire post, you can't post a second post in a row to clear it up. Also, html is not working for me either. I really wish it would just not have a limit on it, as I like to leave nice and long intellectual responses instead of short and spammy replies like "wow ur so cool, dude." Please is there something we can do about this?

I'm not trying to sound brash, I'm just pretty upset.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

The character limit in the comment system is the only thing that's really irking me right now. I don't really use HTML when I comment, so eh lol. I'm just glad you can view comments and add comments in the same box - it's such a great convenience for me ^_^;
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Thanks Adam. You're a good man. Sorry to sound so brash earlier, like I said, but it was pretty frustrating before I finally figured out exactly what was going on. ^_^

[b]Edit:[/b] Okay, and the one post per person thing is sort of aggrivating, since I just typed this really long response to James and some a-hole that posted in his entry and then it was like "only one post per person." Am I the only person who finds this inconvenient?[/color][/size]
Posted
I have to say I do agree, It is quite annoying, especilly when I want to make another point on what someone else has said, and doing this has limited me!

ANd also, on my site I am running a poll, and by doing this, people are unable to post more nominations, that they may have forgot, and by putting a limit on you are really making it difficult, is there anyway that you could remove this limit, I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you
Posted
The one post per person was a glitch left over from when I borrowed the code from the FA site. I've since removed it.
Posted
So that means that we can post more than once? Wow! I also find it quite annoying since you can't answer someone's question if you've already posted, hehe.

Well anyway, I want to say that the interface of MYO v.2 is better and more organized. From friend's list up to the art portfolio. It's more convinient and can save more space. Keep it up!

But only one thing , it's the Category list. Why do you have to reject a fanart if that doesn't belong to the category list as stated by the artist? Can you just add the title on the list and accept the fanart without rejecting it? I mean, like me who always passed artworks that don't belong to category list. Some of my works got rejected 1-4 times and when I check the list, the new category was already added so I have to resubmit it again. It's quite inconvinient so I hope we can do something about it.

That's all. I have nothing else to complain, hehe.

*THROWS HIS CAP-CKET!*
Posted
All in all the new otaku is cool, but the old otaku has its advantages. well only one advantage, and that is the characters in the intro. And that is not all that bad.The 1500 characters that they gave me worked perfectly. Otaku V2 is super sweet with the post styles too. I really cant complain, they let me keep my site so i am grateful, and take everything that the administrators offer.
Posted
Ohkami,

The biggest reason why categories are slow to be added is that they take me time to add to our central database. In all, it takes me about 20 minutes to update all our areas: wallpapers, guru, fan art, greetings. Doing this on a daily basis makes me want to complete the process as soon as possible. So you can see that stopping mid-approval and then going through the process to add a new category is quite tedious.

On the flip side, I don't want people to send art in other categories under Original Anime. This defeats the purpose of this section and if we ever add a category on it in the future, then the art is mis-categorized. So the best thing to do is just to send me a polite email asking for a new category and try to have more than 1 piece for the new category. Then be patient and I'll try to get around to it.

Thanks,

-Adam
Posted
hey adam how about adding a feature that lets other people submit banners and stuff like in obs. i also would like a pony and a new gym bag santa :laugh: ^_^
Posted
Ah. I understand, Adam-san. I know how it feels to work like that on a daily basis. Thanks for responding on my post!

Well I'm going to add more titles! Because doing a fanart on the same series in many times is not good. I want to draw characters from many different series. In that way, I'm improving my skills.

Thanks again, Adam san!

*THROWS HIS CAP!*
Posted
I've got a slight snag. I looked over Queen Asuka's post in there, but I didn't see anything regarding fixes for not being able to delete comments, so I figured I'd just mention it again.

I really love having the power to delete comments in my MyO. I really do. It irks me to no end when some random...[i]non-intellectual[/i] posts a very...[i]non-intellectual[/i] comment, like what just happened today, and I'm unable to blow that comment away. It's rather aggravating.

Can I get a fix, Adam?
Posted
[color=deeppink][size=1]It might just be that I'm really lazy, but when I add someone as a friend or sign their guestbook, I usually go back to that site to read their post, rather than do something in my backroom... It's just a bother sometimes, when I'm on a compy with dial-up, and I have to go back and takes a while to load.

So, I'm just wondering if we could just go back to where we were, just with the message at the top of the page.[/color][/size]
Posted
Juuthena,

For signing guestbooks, I made it so that it stays on the same page. Deleting guestbook entries is trickier business though, so I left it as-is. For adding friends, I feel the current system is fine, because you can see the friend added once you do it. (And thus there's a handy link for you to click after you've done it - and I can't imagine it's a function people use too, too often.)
Posted
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I don't know if this has been said, but I would like it so you can put in your time zone just like it is Here at the OB's, because at myotaku when it is ten o'clock at my house it says I post the next day like I am on the east side of the states but really I am not. So it would be nice to have it say I posted the day I really did post. SO could this be fixed.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
These lame smilies in the myOtaku backroom really have to go. I cannot stand the things in general and it really brings down the rest of the design.

I feel like a twelve year old girl took over my site.
Posted
[QUOTE=Semjaza Azazel]These lame smilies in the myOtaku backroom really have to go. I cannot stand the things in general and it really brings down the rest of the design.

I feel like a twelve year old girl took over my site.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when did those show up? I just noticed it today, and was like, WTF. Word.
Posted
Fair enough, are the new colors all right? I wanted to give the main site some personality, black and white and gray just kept getting to me.

-Adam
Posted
[QUOTE=Adam]Fair enough, are the new colors all right? I wanted to give the main site some personality, black and white and gray just kept getting to me.

-Adam[/QUOTE]

I'm totally cool with the colors. I think they complement eachother very well heh.
Posted
[COLOR="#004a6f"]For the post styles, I was wondering if you could add hex format for coosing font color for both subject and body.

In addition, I think you should increase the character limit for the advanced costumization. My code keeps getting cut off. I have edited it alot to reduce the amount of unneccesary coding. But it's not enough. This is what my code is like with the "$body$" added in:
[CODE]
$body$
[/CODE]
It keeps getting cut off befor the word "$body$".[/COLOR]
Posted
Limit removed.

It's too annoying to implement a hex system, but if there are any colors you really want to see (that are reasonable and noticably different from the ones we have), just post a list here.

-Adam
Posted
[COLOR="#004a6f"]Thanks Adam, it works now. BUT... all my old posts that had the table code are wrapped in the code too. So I have tables within tables now. Could you impliment a feature that allows us to decide wether or not we want the post style each time we make a post? A check box or something like that, you know?
[QUOTE=Adam]It's too annoying to implement a hex system, but if there are any colors you really want to see (that are reasonable and noticably different from the ones we have), just post a list here.

-Adam[/QUOTE]It seems you made the new myOtaku only easier to use for non-advanced users when it comes to choosing font colors in replies to posts and guestbook entries and stuff. I honestly don't see the harm having the hex system on the side. For instance, you can have the drop down menu with the color names, and then beside it an option button with a spot to put a hex code if you want to use that instead. Just a suggestion.[/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1][color=darkred]In regard to the lavender color on mO... I don't feel that it is quite right. I can understand that you want some personality for the site, though I thought that the grey looked fine, but that really light purple seems not quite right to me. I think some other mellow colours, like the red featured on Sara's myotaku, or some type of mellowed green would be more...pleasing than lavender. Gold even, would be nice. Either that, or the option to perhaps alter the backroom colours to our tastes, though it seems unnecessary. I understand that there will always be people unhappy with schemes, but I really don't think that the lavender is the way to go.

-Josh[/size][/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]One thing I don't like/ want to have changed is the song thing. I mean it is cool and all but it doesn't work on everyone's computer, I know this because it doesn't work on mine and five other friends I have. So I would like it to go back to the way it is. Thanx[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][CENTER]50 out[/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE]One thing I don't like/ want to have changed is the song thing. I mean it is cool and all but it doesn't work on everyone's computer, I know this because it doesn't work on mine and five other friends I have. So I would like it to go back to the way it is. [/QUOTE]
I'm going to have to agree with 50 cent on this one. I have IE 6 and it says, 'Your Browser doesn't support this feature.' Same thing with my other browser. I've also noticed that it sometimes [I]does[/I] work, but most of the time I get that meesage. If they were back to normal, I bet a lot of people will be happy. Just an opinion.

~*dragonrose*~
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Sorry to dust-off a bit this old subject :sweat:

but as I mentionned at [url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=39944[/url] videogames could be classifield in their own categories like the animes? For example the fanarts of Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Crazy Taxi in their own categories.

2 others animes categories than I like to see
-You're Under Arrest
-Gunsmith Cats
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...