OtakuBoards

I need advice please!

chibifriend250

[color=green][size=1]

Kinda young there, aren't ya?

Well, its okay. I mean, you only 11. You havn't hit puberty yet, or, havn't gotten into it yet. Don't worry, your growth spurts will happen soon, and will go on for sometime. I used to be kinda short myself in 6th grade, at 11, around 5'1", and now I'm 14 and I'm 5'10" and still growing according to a doctor.

Just wait and it'll come, don't rush it.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]"Don't rush it"? Haha. Thats funny.

I used to be quite short...now I'm average height. Height doesn't matter though....a tall person could be a wallflower and nobody would notice them either. Are you out there? Are you exuberant? Are you friendly?

Or are you quite, shy and retiring?

Try to be all of the former, and not the latter.

If all else fails wear a really big, bright yellow cowboy hat.[/size][/color]

I'm a senior in highschool and I'm 5ft tall. I think it's all about the way you carry yourself. You shouldn't act like you're ashamed of your height or any of yourself really. There's no one way to be noticed, it all depends on who you want to be noticed by. If anything, go with the cowboy hat, it'll be a nice story to tell your grandchildren.

[size=1][color=red] To speak from what everyone wants to say, height does matter to a point. I know that the taller a person is, the more likely you are to notice them. Anyone that refutes that just isn't being honest lol. In what I've found, women prefer the taller guys, as well, most of the time. Not all, but c'mon, I know tall guys sure make a bigger first impression on you gals, perhaps. Looks do matter, even as much as everyone will refute them. They matter to the point that as long as you're not ugly, then it's fine. Of course, some people are more picky than others.

It's nothing to worry about, in the end. I actually like not getting noticed. Works for me.[/size][/color]

Guest Yume Oni
[SIZE=1]Okay, first off, don't listen to ReFlux. For your information, not everyone hits puberty when they're like thirteen or something, I hit mine when I was NINE. Second off, hitting puberty doesn't mean you'll grow. I'm 14 and only 5'3.

Third, express yourself. I may be short, but no one ever mistakes me at my school. I'm not saying go all out, like dye your hair pink, or something [But that is fun, I've been more colours than the rainbow!], I'm just saying like..for instance, change your style. Say your a jeans and t-shirt kinda person, wear a tighter shirt and shorts.. That'll get you noticed.

Finally, ACT LIKE YOUR IMPORTANT. Don't just stand around and let people diss you, don't not talk in a conversation you have something to say about, TALK.

[By the way, ReFlux, 5'1 is not short for a sixth grader. I'm 5'3 in 9th grade.][/SIZE]

[color=green][size=1]

Okay, 11-13 is the average age to hit puberty, and puberty is when your body goes threw major changes. Thats all I meant. Before he dismisses her/himself as short, I was saying, don't say that because you havn't hit your major growth spurts yet. I hit puberty at 10. I was just saying, he/she may no have or may not be into it all the way.

I wasn't giving him advice to say what he could do because he was short, I was saying that he still has some time to grow, so don't worry that much. You kinda jumped on my back there.

Okay, if you want advice on what to do, then what you gotta do is make yourself known. Don't be cocky or arrogant, just likable. Make people like you. Don't let people diss you. You gotta come back at them. If they make fun of your height, then say "do I look like I care, pal?". Just act like you don't care and they'll eventually stop. Just say "And your point is" and they won't have much to say in return. Thats all I can really say now. [/color][/size]

Of course being tall for my family really doesn't mean much. I am 5'2" and very happy being this height. I agree with everyone who said that height doesn't matter. Who you are and how you present yourself is what is important....not how tall you are. I am lucky being my height and looking younger than my age. I know you are only 11 but as you get older it is really a great compliment for people to think you are younger than your actual age.

My old boss (who is a guy) is only 5'4" and has found many advantages to this height. One of the great advantages to his small height has been that he is able to crawl into smaller spaces to rescue animals! When he was in high school he was a state wrestler. He is married to a great woman who is 5'10 and they are so cute together! He never let his height hold him back and he is a very successful Veterinarian.

My advice, be happy with the way you are. I love being short. If you have ever been in an airplane, you will LOVE being shorter! ;)

Guest Yume Oni
[SIZE=1]I tend to do that. Sorry.

What I was implying is, just because you hit puberty doesn't mean you'll grow. I grew..like..4 inches max in five years. And I'm still really short.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff]If you're only 11, ReFlux is right, when you hit puberty, you'll definitely grow a lot. Other than that, you can't really do much about your height. I'm 5' 1", and I'm exactly like you, sometimes I really hate my height. But most of the time, I just live with it. I always think of people who are shorter than me, like my best friend, or like my cousin who's 4' 11". Sometimes that helps. ^_^

I would suggest that you stand up straigth and tall, don't slouch! Find other good things about yourself and concentrate on those. If you are happy with the rest of yourself, you'll feel better about your height. :)[/color]

[center][img]http://www.humorbg.com/Karikaturi/animals/yourself.jpg[/img][/center]

[left]You'll always be short as long as the weight of your own insecurities burden you down. The limitations of physical height have nothing to do with how tall you're capable of standing.[/left]

[left]There are many things that make us who were are. Height is just one of them. There are a multitude of other characteristics that make you, well, [i]you[/i]. If you spend your life trying to be this or that you'll never do a good job of being yourself. You'll just be a hack.[/left]

[left]Look, I know you're an eleven year old kid and a lot of this may not make sense right now, but if you believe in yourself and have confidence, people will notice you for who you already are. You won't need another inch to stand above the crowd. [/left]

[left]If you're good at sports--play sports (although I suppose basketball is out of the question for now). If you can sing well, sing. Is art your thing? Become involved with that. You're at that age where you have to find your niche, that's all. The right people will notice you if you want them to.[/left]

[left]But, [i]anyway[/i], just in case that sounded like it belonged wrapped inside a lame fortune cookie, I'll give you an immediately satisfying answer: You'll grow more. You still have a ways to go. ReFlux does make a valid point there despite the mild protest. heh[/left]

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding here? 11, right? That's...6th grade? 5th? It's really not much of a difference to 4th, gradewise. I was one of the shortest kids throughout my pre-college years. From elementary school all the way up to Senior year. I was midgety. I only really started on a growth-spurt in the first two years of college. Actually, yeah. That's right. In my first semester of Frosh year, Charles was a giant compared to me. We recently ran into each other a few months ago, and we were about the same height.

But even with my being vertically challenged, I always was noticed. I can't think of any time where I wasn't noticed when I walked into a classroom. Obviously, when I wanted to slink in, I could, but if I was talking, people noticed.

So...no worries, mate. The growth-spurt will hit you soon.

EDIT: To add to Charles' comment about activities, if you're adept at performance, Drama Club is a very worthwhile endeavor. I wouldn't be the outspoken asshole I am now if it weren't for my three years of high school theatre.

I think I was about 4'10" when I was 11. I don't really remember.

I've been about average height all my life. I'm 5'9" right now and I'm not sure how much growing I have left. Maybe a couple inches, I don't know. I can only really echo what Charles said, though. Height is just one characteristic that makes up a person. It's not even a really important characteristic, it just makes people notice you more. That can be a bad thing, too, sometimes.

I'm a pretty soft-spoken person offline. I don't talk very much and I don't join in conversation very often. People [i]do[/i] notice me, however, because I'm an active writer. Writing has become my niche, so to speak. I didn't really become truly active with my writing until last year, though. When I was 11, I vaguely remember doing nothing but playing video games all day. lol

So, no worries. 11 isn't really an age where people should be too preoccupied with what others think of them, in my opinion. Just try and go out and have fun. Find something you enjoy and do that. The sky's the limit when you're that young, heh.

Thanks guys. This really means alot to me. Here's everything about me:

Name: Bianca
Height: 4''9' (I think)
Birthday: September 22
Grade: 5 (I'm suppose to be in 6 grade right now!! No, I didn't flunk a grade)
Horoscope: Virgo
Year of What Chinese Zodiac Animal: Monkey
Hobbies: Watching TV, going on the computer, read, draw, and paint (I love art!)

Oh well.....I have to think the positive side because some kids in my grade are SHORTER them me!

Guest mad hatter
My suggestion is that you try a new hair cut, something that people older than 11, and wear it with pride. Also, if you wanna look taller, I tried this once. Go with lots of gel and grow out your hair, and spike it. This is often used at the fair to get on rides. I also used toliet paper in my shoes before, but that will make your feet really sore at the end of the day. You may also want to try dressing in a new style like some teenagers because you'll be one soon anyway. Be sure to eat lots of vegtables, and drink lots of milk so that you can grow as much as possible. The best of luck to you, and I hope my suggestions helped.

-A fellow short person

[quote name='Petey']I wouldn't be the outspoken asshole I am now if it weren't for my three years of high school theatre.[/quote][size=1]Indeed. And where would we be then?

Bianca, you've been given quite a lot of good advice here. I hope you follow at least some of it. ^_~

And while this doesn't quite pertain to your request, I'm going to add some more: [color=#ff6600][b]Please put a little more depth into your posts[/b]. A quick profile of yourself might be interesting to someone, but it's hard to build a discussion around. ^_~ OB is very discussion-oriented; keep that in mind. If you want to post about your grade, horoscope, and hobbies, I'd suggest posting at myOtaku. You can register at myOtaku.com and write about yourself to you heart's content. [/color] Thanks. [/size]

[SIZE=2]i am small for my age im 16 and get mistaken for a 14/15 year old how embrassin !!! but my advice would be not to worry about it too much k unless there is sum1 dat u need to prove ur age to, be proud to look younger cos when ur older u wanna look younger rite ?? (i still dont understand y young ppl wanna look old, and old ppl wanna look young but there u ave it) !! u will grow in ur own time, u shouldnt rush it k :D [/SIZE]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Dark Kakashi Out[/FONT]

[color=darkviolet]The height thing well, I guess that's understandable since society seems to go for taller people and they seem to think that height means power. Hell, I read and article in Jane magazine a few years back where women in South Korea are undergoing these really painful operations to get a few inches taller.

Of course then I look at my mom, she's 4'11 and has a size 4/5 shoe. Yet, people notice her. It's like veryone else has been saying, it's not about appearance. It's all on how you carry yourself. People aren't going to suddenly notice you, you have to do something.

Saying that I have to ask does anyone get asked if they're younger or older than they are because of how they look not based on height? I'm 5'4.5 and I'm 22 going on 23, but people keep thinking I'm between fifteen and seventeen. It's even worse when I'm out with my husband and people tell me that I'm nice to take my little brother out since he looks about 13 or 14 depending on who's judging. And he's 5'10 and 21 going on 22. Heh, if that's the case I can't wait to be out with him and the baby. Just wait we'll get 'Oh, is that your little sister? or ' Aren't you a bit young to have a baby?' Crap!

Maybe it's not just height, maybe it's a combination of everything rolled together in modern society.[/color]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Dont fret about it, theres nothing you can do til puberty hits I was average height I was about 5'6 til the summer before 8th grade then I had a growth spurt and hit that 5'10 mark. Now im 15, 6'2, and my doctor says im going to grow about 3 more inches before im done and I wish I would stop growing because way to many people stare at me now and are like wow your tall. By highschool your height will most likely not be a problem, you'll have new things to worry about. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]I'm a year younger than all my classmates, and I was the first one to hit puberty (in grade five).
I was the second-tallest in the class for three years, until everybody else started to grow. *shrug*

I have a good number of school-chums who are quite short (think Naruto's height XP), but it's unlike they manage to go unnoticed.

As long as you have a few classmates to be chummy with, you really don't have any reason to care about any of that.

(Maybe my attending a school that is 80% Asian has sort of made the "problem" of shortness a little less...relevent. There are maybe thirty guys who are over 5'8" in a school of 650. Our basketball team is pretty good, incidentally... : ) )

I'm currently 5'6" and have stopped growing.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Smile. Trust me. all you have to do is smile. People that smile make other people feel good. act happy, and people will think you are a happy person and thay will want to be around you.

As to your hight, everybody has been right. you will get taller with age, and if you dont I just have one thing to say. Point guard, or soccer forward. shourt guys make good Point guards on the basketball court and a low point of gravity is good for a soccer player.

and if you go into the Theater your hight wont make a differance. be an acter my friend. that is the path I have taken and it has been grate. theater people stike together and you will never find closer friends. But all this is a long way away for you. High school.

what I'm trying to say is find something you love to do and do it, if you are happy, whether or not people like you or notice you will become moot.

But for right now SMILE, SMILE, SMILE. :)

Well thats not all the advice I have to give but it will set you on the right path.

good luck. ;)

Hehe...no I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing because I'm 6 foot and I'm hardly noticed by people at all, unless I want them to notice me. Lot's of people here have given you good advice here, you would do well to listen to them. Anyhow, here's my two bits...

Just be yourself, if yourself is sitting in the hall quietly reading all day, then yes you will remain unnoticed. To be notice, be happy, say high to other people, even if you hardly know them!

that doesn't mean say hi to the creepy old man giving candy out to kids, but try to make friends, or just be friendly with people. Most people, at least in my expierience, are nice, and notice me when I say hi and talk for a while.

If that's not the kind of attention you want, you could Always go streaking... :laugh:

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Well you should do what I did when I was short. Always get the teachers to tell you to shut up cuz you talk to much then people will notice you more. Always do something funny with what the teacher says, but note make it appropreate(sp?).Be a class clown sometimes, and just talk to people and then they will start to think its kewl/cute that your short or something then you will start to get popular friends then you will be on top.

Like I said I used to be short but then I hit my growth spurt, but if I didn't act like that when I was short I probably wouldn't be one of the coolest kids in school. So if you let people know your funny and that your fine with your height then they will notice you and start to think your pretty kewl.

Trust me this technique has worked for everyone I have told this to, so it is sure to work.The reason why I say this is I am still a little bit shorter then everyone else but most of the time cooler. So remeber express yourself that you are fine with your height and you have a good sense of humor and it is sure to make people notice you.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]50 out[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Same grade as me eh? I'm like 4''9'. I've only grown over 1 foot ever since 1st grade O.O'''' But I'm growing a lot now. Like everyday.

Anyways, don't be so shy. Talk to your class. Get yourself attached to everyone.

Being unnotice is sorta good. Makes your stealing-from-Wal mart success chance higher XD.

Don't worry about your height, you'll have something to worry about later in life. Like SATs!!!! XD