OtakuBoards

BRITNEY SPEARS- Sexy or Slutty?

Guest jkj

Britney Spears- Slutty, Sexy, or talented?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Britney Spears- Slutty, Sexy, or talented?

• She Is sooooo Sexy
    • Tooo Slutty
    • Very good singer who likes to expose herself

Guest jkj
do you think that britney spears is sexy or just plain slutty? Watching her latest videos and her new concert will most strongly back up the claim that she is making money through her sluttyness, but, is there any talent to her?? i personally think that she is a bit of both and that she , while being an O.K singer is using her looks and eagerness to get as naked as possible to drive her otherwise "ordinary" singing talent.

What do you think? The verdict is out.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Pink]<((_<)>Britteny Spears is a huge slut. When she first started off she wasn't that bad..l still had conflicts with it. But now she is look up to by children (my little siste is on of them; i made sure she is band from her) and is walking around in basically nothing!!!! Nothing! What does that show children. She is a gaigatic slut... actually she is a wh*re. People pay to see her.. so technically she is one. :flaming: She should have some desgression. She also has no talent. She is not a very good dancer (unless you count the type that are in clubs). Well that is my feeling. <((_<)> (screams and breaks a Britteny CD) I feel better noe <((_^)>

~MEW~
<((_^)>[/COLOR][/FONT]

While I don't care about this thread and find it ridiculous enough on its own... I have to say that the sound of any of Britney's songs doesn't really reflect her talents in any way. She's a personality, she doesn't compose the songs. The producers and such lay down the beats and compose the music to fit with the lyrics (that most likely were written by someone else as well). She has no real bearing on the beats for Toxic or any other song that people might find catchy.

Her record sales have gone down since her image change anyway. She's not as big as she was when she had a more "clean" image years back. It's hard to say if it's because of the image change or just a lowered amount of interested over the years. Who knows.

[font=Arial]psh, [i]Hilary Duff[/i] can sing better than Britney Spears. do you see how BAD that is? Toxic would probably be just as popular if some other sexed-up performer 'sang' it, heh. the only reason she's as popular as she is now is because she looks like Miss Thang, and she has the timbre to go along with the image.[/font]

OMG... 0.0 I can't believe this. I am the only one... gah. I've been a Britney Spears fan since her first CD came out in, what 1997-1998? I love her music. Personally, I don't care what she wears. If she crossed dressed I wouldn't care. Because I can sing her music, and she is pretty cool. Come on, if she wants to show off her body, who can blame her?

I love Toxic, though the range is a little frightening. She ahs a great vocal range. I am in love with her music, from 'I Will Be There'(one of her firsts) to 'Can't Make You Love Me'(on her second), to 'Bombastic Lovel'(on her third), to 'Brave New Girl'(on her fourht). I will admit, that now she does it for money and fame, but she didn't start out that way! Kittychannan, your sister may look up to her because Britney shows her that she can do what she wants, and all she ahs to do is go for it. Or not. Ask her why, and [i]then[/i] get mad at her. Gah, i sound like a counseler.

Britney is cool, and I look up to her - not because of how she dresses(I have a unique style), but because her voice is amazing. I can mimic her exactly and always could. Keep up the music, Britney Lynn Spears!(Yeah, I'm obssessed.)

Anywhoobawhatsis, my vote [i]is[/i]: The third one. (I can't remember what it is!)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Pink]I would if i thought it was nessacry for her to see that but she is only 10. My feeling is that it is not best for her to see that yet. I don't think it is approrate for a ten year old.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[font=Arial]well, Britney's music isn't exactly meant to be for 10-year olds in the first place. she's not trying to entice that group of people. so that's not quite her fault that your sister happens to like her, lol.[/font][quote]Britney is cool, and I look up to her... because her voice is amazing. I can mimic her exactly and always could.... She has a great vocal range.[/quote] [font=Arial][size=2]LOL, most anybody can sing like her. she is no amazing singer by any means; that great range she has consists of about seven notes. I'm not talking about what she happens to breath in a high voice with about three other background singers to help her hit it, but actual notes with support behind them that can be heard from at least a ten-foot radius. and nowadays, most anything she sings is synthesized or messed with (as in, edited to sound better) as it is. granted, she may be a decent performer/[b]dancer[/b], but singing is definitely not one of her strong points.[/size][/font]

While Britney Spears is a sexy woman in many ways, she should show a little decency in her latest music videos ( Bordering on the thin line between decent and whore). For example in Toxic she wears barely nothing in some of the video while in me against the music Britney looks like she is about to perform HLA with Madonna at the end. If you were intelligent or at least not a sick pervert than you would listen to and watch different types of Music/ Music Videos.

[I][FONT=Book Antiqua]People are so mean or just misunderstanding what slutt refers too. UGH! She is just a singer who likes to be sexy. Welcome people to human nature! God get over it what she wears and what she does. Who cares! She is diffrent from what you like... So what that doesn't mean she is a slutt. You know how much I dispiss that word. It is one of my pet peeves. I don't like Britney's music and her image can be toned down but is she a slutt... No... She is a human being who likes to be sexual. Welcome to human nature. Humans are naturally sexual animals and if you have a problem with it don't watch it or even listen to it. You have a choice in the matter.

I don't like her music but I am not going to call her a slutt because of it.[/FONT][/I]

[QUOTE=~*Lilith*~][i][font=Book Antiqua]She is just a singer who likes to be sexy. Welcome people to human nature! God get over it what she wears and what she does. Who cares! She is diffrent from what you like... So what that doesn't mean she is a slutt. You know how much I dispiss that word. It is one of my pet peeves. I don't like Britney's music and her image can be toned down but is she a slutt... No... She is a human being who likes to be sexual. Welcome to human nature. Humans are naturally sexual animals and if you have a problem with it don't watch it or even listen to it. You have a choice in the matter.[/i]

[i]I don't like her music but I am not going to call her a slutt because of it.[/font][/i][/QUOTE][font=Arial][size=2]lol, exactly how do you dispiss something?[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]it's all fine and dandy that she's comfortable with her sexuality, but there are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed. when you go out of the privacy of your house wearing something that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination, that's taking it too far. people get arrested for that in most places, heh. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]personally, I never referred to her as being a slut up until now. I just happen to think she doesn't have a lot of talent, and tries using her body to make up for it. which is exactly what she does. and since exposing large areas of her body is the main device she uses to get attention, I consider her to be a slut, or something to the equivalent of that.[/size][/font]

[color=indigo]I think Ms. Spears is a genius. She is such a successful marketing machine that even with the backing of a billion dollar media company she probably still works her tush off on a daily basis.

Is she a slut? I don't know. I have never slept with her, nor have I witnessed her sleeping with other people. The tabloids that point to her promiscuity are slightly less than reliable. Sure she dresses in a sexually provocative manner on a daily basis, if I could make fifty million dollars a year by simply dressing in dental floss I would.

As far as her talent, or lack thereof, I have no opinion. I wouldn't buy a Brittany Spears album nor would I attend one of her concerts. Actually, I would rather roll on shards of broken glass then be subjected to one of her albums in its entirety. However, she is doing exactly what her bosses and managers tell her to do and she is making a living doing it. Most grownups go to work every day and do a job that they really inspire them to use all of their talent, do you really think Brittney Spears is any different?[/color]

[QUOTE=amibasuki][font=Arial][size=2]lol, exactly how do you dispiss something?[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]it's all fine and dandy that she's comfortable with her sexuality, but there are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed. when you go out of the privacy of your house wearing something that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination, that's taking it too far. people get arrested for that in most places, heh. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]personally, I never referred to her as being a slut up until now. I just happen to think she doesn't have a lot of talent, and tries using her body to make up for it. which is exactly what she does. and since exposing large areas of her body is the main device she uses to get attention, I consider her to be a slut, or something to the equivalent of that.[/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Slutt? Do you know the definition of it? In order to tell if someone is a slutt you have to know them personally to declare one but no one does therefore calling her that based on what she does in a music video or on tv is just plain ignorant. I am sorry if I am being rude but it is true. I just think anyone who judges someone off that bat without personally knowing them shows ignorance. I think sexuality no matter what form it takes is part of a personal choice and if they feel need to show it let them... You can easily change the channel or not listen to it.

That is just my opinion on the subject.

[color=firebrick] Yeah...I don't think anyone [b]cares[/b] about Britney Spears anymore. Yeah, we make cracks about her Onyx Hotel tour now and then, but no one really thinks about it anymore.

In my opinion, Britney Spears has no singing talent [and she sure as he** can't act] that will make her noticeable. I watched this VH1 show and it showed Britney Spears singing some some at a town fair and it was just plain horrible. Like Semjaza said, she doesn't compose any of her songs [and ones she does probably suck more than her others ones or something].

I mean, Jesus Britney, put like a freaking age-limit to your concerts. A person at my school went to her Onyx[XXX] Hotel Tour and she claimed that 'it was the most vulgar public concert I've ever been to.' I believe her, nonetheless. I don't care if she has nice abs or whatever, don't try to make up for your lack of talent by other means. *rolls eyes* Hi, I'm Britney Spears and welcome to my tour! I will now lip-sync horribly and wear two-inch thongs to make up for it! Woo-hoo! I even like Christina Aguilera more than her- at least that girl has a talented voice. I don't care if I've never 'met' her or I don't 'really know her', wearing that kind of clothing and having modified sex onstage in front of ten-year-olds isn't something I like to see.

Besides, kids probably think marrying your best male friend for a day is ok now.[/color]

[color=orange]Britney Spears: Sexy or Slutty? That is the question...

I agree with Heaven's Cloud... she is a very smart woman! She knows the perfect balance of how to sing well and how to expose herself. She may do it too much sometimes but who cares! She's making so much money from these young girls and boys... they just eat up everything that she does!

All I know is that if I had her body I would show it off as much as possible! :)[/color]

[QUOTE=~*Lilith*~]Slutt? Do you know the definition of it? In order to tell if someone is a slutt you have to know them personally to declare one but no one does therefore calling her that based on what she does in a music video or on tv is just plain ignorant. I am sorry if I am being rude but it is true. I just think anyone who judges someone off that bat without personally knowing them shows ignorance. I think sexuality no matter what form it takes is part of a personal choice and if they feel need to show it let them... You can easily change the channel or not listen to it.

That is just my opinion on the subject.[/QUOTE][font=Arial][size=2]okay, so if she isn't a slu[i]t[/i] (which none of us knows; she very well could be, but none of us personally knows her, so we don't know for sure, right?), let me rephrase what I originally said. since exposing large areas of her body is the main device she uses to get attention, I think she's cheap, as in "tastelessly showy," lewd, as in "suggestive of moral looseness" (this one isn't just a personal opinion; this one's got so much proof behind it that to try debate it is ludicrous), and obscene, as in "offensive to chastity or modesty; expressing of presenting to the mind or view something which delicacy, purity, and decency forbid to be exposed." [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]I don't care if she dresses indecently and does what she does so she can get loads of money; the fact is that she's doing it nonetheless. and seeing as how I don't think very highly of people who resort to using their bodies like that to get fame, money, attention, or whatever else goes along with it, I don't have a very high opinion of Britney Spears. and it's not just Britney I'm ragging on; I have the same opinion of other singers/performers and anyone else who does the same thing.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]in the mean time, I'm not complaining of how I hate that she's on MTV all the time, among various other networks for whatever she's done at the time, since I'm apathetic to if she or isn't either way. just like everyone else, I'm stating my opinion of her music and of her from what I've seen/heard; seeing as how that [i]is[/i] the topic of discussion, from what the introductory post says.[/size][/font]

I actually am not against exposing oneself... Why? Because I think it is human nature to do that and if she does it to make money good for her. I think she is good marketing tool and smart to know the human mind as she does. It if funny how people complain about her when I seen worse in my day. I mean look at Christina and Madonna and 'Lil Kim etc.... They call 'Lil Kim a stronge women and yet they ditch Britney Spears.

I just find calling someone a slutt because they are sexual and maybe to an extreme is wrong. If a guy was doing it no one says anything about it.

[color=darkviolet]While Ms.Spears is possibly something of a marketing genius, and a pretty good dancer she lacks in musical talent. She doesn't write her own songs, and she doesn't even sing them at her concerts.

When she was doing a concert in the UK people walked out on her becuase she was lip-synching. Hell, if that's all it takes to get a contract, sign me up!

Don't even get me started on the whole one day marriage. She was drunk and decided to get married. As far as I know in all 50 states you can't legally drive while intoxicated without getting into some kind of trouble and paying some sort of fine. Why the hell should some drunk lady be able to go sign a marriage liscence then sober up and decide it wasn't a good idea and get it annuled when there are plenty of sober people who are willing to make a life long commitment? If she was drunk and famous she should have just gone upstairs and trashed her hotel room like a normal plastered celebratey.

I can't knowledgably comment on Ms.Spear's promiscuity except from tabloids which also claim that 'Bat Boy Backs Gore' so I won't go there. I don't think she's a proper role model for young children.

I'll conclude with what I've said before, she has no real talent, she's over done and she should just shut up and go back to Louisiana

[quote name='~*~Lilith~*~']I just find calling someone a slutt because they are sexual and maybe to an extreme is wrong. If a guy was doing it no one says anything about it.[/quote]

I had to comment on this. I'd say plenty about a guy sleeping around. He's as much a ***** as any woman who does the same thing. Perhaps even more since society lets him get away with it.[/color]

[i]I actually am not against exposing oneself... Why? Because I think it is human nature to do that and if she does it to make money good for her. I think she is good marketing tool and smart to know the human mind as she does. It if funny how people complain about her when I seen worse in my day. I mean look at Christina and Madonna and 'Lil Kim etc.... They call 'Lil Kim a stronge women and yet they ditch Britney Spears.

I just find calling someone a slutt because they are sexual and maybe to an extreme is wrong. If a guy was doing it no one says anything about it.[/i]

[color=firebrick] Are you for exposing yourself extremely sexually in front of seven and ten-year-olds? God, at least Christina and Madonna can [b]sing[/b]. That's why people I know don't rag on them as much. And Britney's little marriage pull-off has even angered me: just read Chibihorsewomen's signature. She's probably dumb as rocks, too, considering her infamous Newsweek article. Wow, she's made millions of dollars using sex appeal. I guess her manager [b]didn't help at all.[/b]

And when has a guy acted slutty onstage...?[/color]

Well you have not been to a B2K concert lol... I have not either but I seen some things on tv that can be a little bitt on the sexual side as you call it. Guys do things you would not think they do.

Also the fact that you say she doesn't have talent well that is a matter of opinion. I know plenty of people who think she does. I don't like her at all but I don't care what she does.

Well you know I just have nothing against sexuality. If a parent allows their ten year old to watch Britney Spears then it is their fault not hers.

[color=firebrick] *sighs* Ok, I will give you this: Britney Spears is an amazing performer, maybe that's where her talent lies. The way she performs is obviously very controversial. [life of current TV] It's just bad how bad media and entertianment is getting, complaints about edgy stuff on television has increased by the number of cells living in your body. Britney Spears has not really been helping the topic, though. [/color]