OtakuBoards

Bush or Kerry

HOTpage2004

So the Presidential Elections are coming up and it's either Bush or Kerry as our newbe president. I know I cant vote yet, but if I could I would choose Bush. From the beginning, all Kerry has done is to try to get Bush off the plack, but Bush has told many things that he would do. Plus, Bush has to finish this war, if Kerry gets elected and brings all our troops back, than all the tropps that died would have died for nothing. So I would vote for Bush, who would you vote for?[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Blue]xxx[/COLOR][/COLOR]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't like either candidate, nor any other politician. Personally I don't really see a big difference between Bush and Kerry.

This November I don't think I'll vote for anyone.....I'll probably have something else to do.
But if I did have to choose I'd pick Ralph Nader! Third party candidates deserve a chance too.....hell, he'd might actually change things. :D

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]The question of 'Bush or Kerry' is irrelevent to me, because I never vote for individuals. No individual will perfectly reflect my desires. I vote for party. A party philosiphy is much more dependable than a single person.

So, I'll vote Republican, because most of my values fall into the catagory of 'moderate conservative'. However, while there was potential that I might have been swayed to vote Democrat, the behavior of so many members of that party disgust me to the point where I cannot endorse them.

As for independent parties, as the current political culture stands, their duty is not to be elected. Their duty is to bring issues to the forefront of the political scene that the major parties overlook.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='HOTpage2004]Plus, Bush has to finish this war, if Kerry gets elected and brings all our troops back, than all the tropps that died would have died for nothing. So I would vote for Bush, who would you vote for?[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Blue]xxx[/COLOR'][/COLOR][/quote]

No! No! No! No! No! Kerry would NOT bring all the troops back. He has said so from the beginning. To pull out of Iraq now would be folly, anyone with half a brain knows that. If anything, it seems Kerry would send MORE troops. Everyone just THINKS Kerry would pull the troops out because when Bush gave his big press conference a couple weeks back, he kept repeating over and over that "We must stay the course!" Therefore, he has convinced everyone his opponent has said something that he has not. Kucinich was the only Dem who wanted to pull the troops out right away.

Both Bush and the press interviewing him came across as complete idiots in that conference.

In answer to your question, I still don't know who I want to vote for. Bush has done some good things in office. He has also done some stupid things. Rumsfeld needs to be gone after the Iraqi prisoner scandel, though.

Kerry has some interesting ideas, and would perhaps be better at diplomacy, but in order to vote for him I would have to vote for abortion. It might be worth it, if it comes to the point where I couldn't stand to vote for Bush. After all, it's not my fault if some lady decides to kill her kid. Kerry has certainly done his share of flip-flops, and didn't vote for the money the troops needed. I think some of his tax policies are flawed. But I don't buy the "vote for Bush because he is resolute and confident" thing. Someone can be decisive, firm, unyielding, but also wrong. Some may call it leadership, others may call it stubborness and foolhardiness.

Who will I end up voting for? I have no idea. I think I would really like to see the two of them debate each other before I make any final decision...

[color=#9933ff]Bush is absolutely bonkers if you ask me, so I'd vote for Kerry, if I could. ^^;;; These are [b]my.personal[/b] reasons. so don't start yelling at me for them, mmkay? (I mean, you can reply and we can debate it nicely, but I don't feel like having my head ripped off.)

I don't quite like Bush because I feel that going to war was completely unjustified, and furthermore, he couldn't even wait for the international community's backing?!? I feel like we've totally isolated ourselves from every country besides England, because they're just cool like that.

I think there's something wrong with that whole family. Jebb (sp?) has basically said that it's okay for illegal aliens to recieve the same benefits as citizens (I htink it's because of his wife, if you ask me). He's also said that it's okay for a family to adopt and be absolutely unfit to raise a child, as long as they're not a gay couple. -__-; Biggot.

I think some of his cabinet members are nuts, too. Ashcroft is crazy (was he the one who put in the patriot act? Charles says it's Rumsfeld and I think he's right), and Rumsfeld is too narrow-minded for me, personally.

I'm also very irritated at how Bush and his campaign is attacking Kerry's war record. How dare you even attempt to say he didn't earn those medals when daddy made sure you weren't sent over there! My mother and I, and I think my sister, as well, feel very strongly about this, because my uncle served in Vietnam. That's partly why my mother is voting for him. And because he's from Massachusettes, and she likes people from there. o-o;

While I think Kerry looks very good compared to Bush, he needs to quicken the pace on his campaign. All he's doing is playing defense with Bush. He hasn't seemed to have an offensive, or more active campaign. Hopefully he'll pick up the pace, soon.

Oh, and also, I'd vote for Kerry because he has the lucky initials. I forget what his middle name is, but they're JFK. =)[/color]

[quote name='Xander Harris']Who will I end up voting for? I have no idea. I think I would really like to see the two of them debate each other before I make any final decision...[/quote]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Why settle for a debate? I personally believe that candidates for office should have to fight each other with padded batons while standing on rotating plantforms, a la [i]American Gladiators[/i].

That's probably why I don't make the rules...[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Why settle for a debate? I personally believe that candidates for office should have to fight each other with padded batons while standing on rotating plantforms, a la [i]American Gladiators[/i].

That's probably why I don't make the rules...[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Hell, I'd vote for Death Bug, what about you guys? :laugh:

Personaly I think the candidates should do an obstical course then some trivia questions before the actual debate. Who ever finishes the obstical course first gets x amount of bonus points then whoever answers the most questions right also gets x amount of bonus points. Who ever has the most points at the end of teh first two events gets to go first on the debate and has extra points for that. Maybe that's why nobody will let me be in charge.

As for the serious topic at hand well, that's a tough one seeing that Bush and I get along as well as Bush and TN would get along. Of course for different reasons, but you've got to figure that into an equation when voting, right?

I don't care much for Bush between the economy, the rising price of gas and the rising cost of food and other goods because you need gas to transport food and other goods this is just a bad thing for me right now. I paid ten bucks to put 5 gallons of unleaded gas in my car yesturday.

HOwever, Kerry really hasn't mentioned any real alternatives to the economy, job creation or anything else that's extremely important to me. So far all I've heard is him blaming Bush-which Bush does the same to Clinton and so on. But still the blame game with no idea on how to change everything is kind of disheartening.

With Bush right now there's some rumor that the troops over in Iraq since March may come back in February. Also if he wants to get re-elected and be guaranteed the military ballot he'll have to lengthen the $250.00 a month of combat pay instead of ending it in December like planned. Yes, you need money for weapons and gear and food for both soldiers and POWs. But the soldiers' families also need the money to send care packages, pay bills and put gas in their cars.

Right now I think I'd have a better chance if I voted for Nader who runds every year, or if Ross Perot (Panda and older members may rememeber him) decided to run. Kerry may be slightly popular than BUsh right now, but slight popularity during a crisis doesn't guarantee a won election in November-especially since so many people are talking about Bush having tricks up his sleeve near October.

So there's my bit. Hey, if there's anyone on here who's 35 and a legal US Citizen run for president and I'll vote for you! [/color]

Ugh....no offense to anyone but I hate it when people refer to it as the Only two candidates. There are other parties out there. Its just the way society has been for so long that only two parties have all the power. I personally don't like either of the two men. Nor do i consider myself part of any one party. I'm voting for Kerry if you want my reason then check this site out.

[url]www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com[/url]

if that link isn't working just tell me. I'll edit it and fix it. It's a well put together site really. I suggest reading the articles.

[color=Sienna][font=Tahoma]I don't really like either of them as well. Kerry hasn't really talked about doing anything, other than all the bad things Bush did. Meanwhile, Bush is getting pretty annoying in the white house. My analysis of the two:

Bush: Redneck

Kerry: Hypocrite (though I don't really know much about him. Disregard that if you wish)

Yep, that about covers it. If I could vote, it would be for the third party guy. Wouldn't it be funny if he won? XD

[i]Vote Deathbug in Election 2004[/i]
[/font][/color]

Guest Deamon
I'd personally vote for anyone but Bush, if I could vote. He's screwed up the War on Terror, as well as the economy and pretty much everything else. His cabinet hasn't done much better either.

So, I'd choose Kerry. That about wraps it up.

By the way, big hello to everyone 'cause I'm new.

[size=1]Right now I only know one thing for sure: [b]I am NOT voting for Bush.[/b] But at the moment I feel like I'd only be voting for the lesser of two evils. Once again, there doesn't seem to be much to choose from as far as good candidates goes. Not voting is the bigger crime, however, so I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.[/size]

[quote name='Arcadia][size=1]Right now I only know one thing for sure: [b]I am NOT voting for Bush.[/b'] But at the moment I feel like I'd only be voting for the lesser of two evils. Once again, there doesn't seem to be much to choose from as far as good candidates goes. Not voting is the bigger crime, however, so I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.[/size][/quote]

You can always vote for a third party candidate. Go ahead and waste your vote!

[center][IMG]http://www.whatsbetter.com/static/images/9008.gif[/IMG][/center]

Personally I wouldn't vote for a third Party Candidate, but If I had to pick Bush or Kerry, I would probably vote Bush ,because he started this spaw (stupid pointless annyoing war) and he is gonna finish it. I agree voteing for Bush we be the lesser of two evils. and personally I think Transtic should be president...<_<...>_>

[QUOTE=Charles]You can always vote for a third party candidate. Go ahead and waste your vote!
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Orange]VERY TRUE!!! As we'll recall--this whole 'Bush thing' could've been avoided. The margin was quite narrow in 2000.

Remember, you get what you voted for [or NOT voted for] so don't complain afterwards. Value your vote and get off your lazy a**. Don't be a hypocrite later on.[/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff]As an ever-optimistic, maybe a third party will get an electoral vote in a state one day! Or not. But I do remember people doing "Nader traders" last year, so that Nader would gain more votes in one state, rather than random votes across the country.

If John Kerry doesn't getting into office, I'm demanding a recount. Really. At least he never choked on a pretzel (though I guess it isn't really fair to bring that up. I do stupid things like that all the time. But then again, I'm not running the country, now am I...).[/color]

[QUOTE=MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]
If John Kerry doesn't getting into office, I'm demanding a recount. Really[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]When John Kennedy was elected president, beat Richard Nixson, there was substantial evidence of vote tampering in Kennedy's favor in key states. The Nixon team had enough of a case to bring the matter to trial and demand a recount, but Richard Nixon himself said not to. In his own words, he didn't want to initiate the recount and "cheapen the office of the presidency".

How times change, eh?[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]If I could vote I would vote for Kerry mostly because like most poeple I dont want to see Bush in office again which could be the reason why Kerry win's. I am pretty much tired of this War or Terrorism did we even finish the war in Afganistan before we invaded Iraq it makes no sense to me. I am neither republican or democratic because I prefer to go with the candidate that I see most eye to eye with not stick with a party this is our government not a sports team. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[color=darkviolet]Usually I'd go with the saying that you don't trade the devil you know for the devil you don't where presidental canditates are concerned since I don't know too much about Kerry to make an educated debate.

However with all of Bush's ultra conservative Christian (not that Christians are bad I just think you should leave your religion out of politics. In fact unless absolutely necessary out of public entirely) ideas and with him continuously wanting this stupid constitutional ban on same sex marriages ( I want my husband's aunt Val's opinion on this) saying that 'the definition of marriage shouldn't be changed by a bunch of petitionists' (I may have gotten the quote off) I'd have to go with Kerry since he doesn't seem like as much of a religious zeolot as Bush is. Infact I don't think Kerry has brought that up.

Plus with the economy the way it's going, Bush should be paying us to try and vote for him insstead of making all these $10,000 per plate dinners. Sure, I wouldn't wote for him, but I could buy a new car with what I have and $10,000.

Of course if Bush does win this election those of us who didn't vote for him can always look forward to a few things:
1.) He's served two terms so he can never serve again
2.) If he keeps going after all these oil rich arab countries the gas price might go down
3.) We could see him get his butt kicked by angry Gay rights activists if he continues to persist with wanting to make a constitutional ban on same sex marriage :eek:
4.) If he keeps up with all these wars on terror we can see him get his butt kicked by Military spouses or the military as a whole. :laugh:
5.) THere are more speeches with big words for him to mess up.
Yes, it's a scary thought, but we must always look to the bright side!

BTW: Death Bug for President 2004![/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]If I could vote I'd vote for Bush. I don't really like him that much, but he has done good these past years. And Kerry is kinda wierd. He contradicts him self and makes himself out to be a lier. Besides he is agaist war and won't go for Bin Ladin. And if that happens he will get stonger again and all that work and soldiers deaths would be in vane. But that's just my OPINON.[/COLOR]

If I was able to vote, my vote would probably go to Bush. I have a thing where I'm not use to something new and stuff, same as the presidents. If Kerry is voted I'd probably get use to it after a whie but I dont want to, though change can be a good thing.

~Laters :)

Being not of voting age, I'm currently unable to partake in the mayhem. However, if I were able to vote... Anybody who reads my blog knows I'd go for Kerry any day. Instead of wasting time giving my reasons, I'll just kindly direct you to check the archives of my blog. I'm sure I ranted about it somewhere...

Anyways, my vote goes for Kerry. Imaginary though it may be... :tasty:

Well, I'm not american, though it certainly doesn't keep me from wanting to slap Bush around with a celeri (Would be an insult to celeri, but I hate celeri too, so...). Anyway, Deathbug for president and I am presenting you a nice link for you to ponder on. There's a lot of sensible stuff in there and I'm in the mood for heavy discussion anyway :D

[URL=http://www.zompist.com/restructure.html]Reconstituting America[/URL] by Mark Rosenfelder