OtakuBoards

The Must Buy List

Aanallein

Alright, all you GameCube goodies out there, what is the best things to get for the system now?

I've been traveling and not able to get much this past year, or follow the new games coming out, what should I go out and buy to update my collection? Any surefire must buys out there? Or are we in a lull for good games?

[COLOR=DarkOrange]well i'm super excited about buying "Paper Mario 2" that will be super fun! and mario tennis will be coming out next year, and pikmin 2 will be out some time! i don't know any dates so just look around this board and you'll find all the great games and dates of the GCN games coming out!

or you can just look at the sticky: gaming news... that will have almost everything! ~_^ so see ya round![/COLOR]

Why not make this a generic system thread (meaning we talk about 'must-buys' for all systems)? I know I'd like to hear what people think are must-buy PS2 and GBA games.

For the GameCube, my picks for must-buys are Metroid Prime and Viewtiful Joe (Yes, I meant to exclude Wind Waker. It's fun, people seem to think it's impossible for a Zelda game to be under a certain level of quality. Wind Waker, while fun, is under that level of quality, IMO). Metroid Prime is awesome, and although classified as a first-person shooter, it really isn't. I don't know what genre it would fall into if not FPS, but I do know that that doesn't matter, because the game is awesome.

As for Viewtiful Joe, well, it's just a blast to play. The graphics are good, but there's a more cartoonish look, and the story is bad, but those aren't problems. The graphics fit the game, and the story seems to be making fun of old movies (the game does a good deal of that). What makes Viewtiful Joe great is that it's so fun to play. It's easy to learn, but can be tough to master, and there's a difficulty for everyone. It's just a great game. Of course, the sequals to Metroid Prime and Viewtiful Joe will be must-buys when they come out.

I don't have any must-buys for GBA. For PS2, there's the two Zone of the Enders games. ZOE1 is a great game, putting you in control of Orbital Frame (giant robot) Jehuty, and sending an army of enemy Frames against you. There are only three types of normal enemies, true, but combat's great anyways. And the boss fights aren't just tougher battles like a lot of them are in ZOE2. Most of them require you to think differently than you do in normal engagements.

As for ZOE2, it improves on the origional in almost every way. Your character (Jehuty's pilot) is no longer the whiner Leo Stenbuck. Instead, it is former soldier Dingo Egret, who I actually like. The already excellent controlls are tweaked a bit (for example, it's now possible to use a subweapon at close range), and piloting Jehuty just feels more natural. There are several new types of enemies, although they can pretty much all be taken out the same way. The bosses are bassically more powerful normal enemies, however, and so don't require you to think differently for the most part. However, there are some great fights. All of the Nephtis battles require you to break the Frame's shield in some way before you can do damage. But the award for best twist goes to Inhert. Halfway through the battle, Inhert makes things pitch-black, and you have to listen to ADA (Jehuty's AI system) as she informs you of Inhert's position and tracks his attacks. Overall, ZOE2 is a big improvement over the already awesome ZOE1, and both deserve purchace.

Well, it can be hard to say what is a must buy because 1.) I have no clue what you have, 2.) I don't know what genres you're into and 3.) I have no idea what country you live in lol. I'll try. I apologize if you own any of these, but I guess it can be of use to anyone heh.

I also agree this would be fine to make into a generic must buy thread, so long as people continue to explain why they chose games. It's gone well so far :D

GameCube has quite a few games out already that I feel everyone should own. The most obvious is Metroid Prime, which is simply just an excellent game. I love the Metroid series and this game really managed to stay true to it despite everything Retro Studios had going against them. In the US, this is a Players Choice title now and I believe it's $20. The sequel also looks awesome and hits this November.

Viewtiful Joe can be found for around $30 on sale most of the time and is worth the price. It's a great throw back to old-school beat 'em ups and everything it does, it does well. I believe the sequel to this hits this year as well.

F-Zero GX is possibly my favorite racing game ever. I've always been a fan of futuristic racing games, but I've always preferred F-Zero because unlike games like Wipeout, it doesn't have weapons. It's just pure racing. The game has an amazing amount of tracks, it looks great, the sense of speed is unparalleled and there's just a lot to do an unlock. The vehicle creation mode is also a great addition to the series. I believe this retails for $20 or $30 now.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends is hands down the best traditional RPG on the system. Of course, it has basically no decent competition yet either. This is set to change in the future with games like Tales of Symphonia coming out, but it won't change how good this game is. The GC version is decently improved over the DC one: less enemy encounters, more gold and XP per battle, faster fights and load times, improved main character models, added story points and so forth. You can find this cheap in random places because it didn't do all that well (I think in the 100,000 range). Worth the money. The game only gets better as you go along.

Super Smash Bros. Melee is another great game. The game is deeper than many would lead you to believe, it looks and runs great, there's tons of customization options for multiplayer, tons to unlock, lots of extra modes, etc. The multiplayer can be a blast even if you're playing with people who've never played the game before. It has a nice pick-up-and-play quality to it, but it also rewards those who master its details. I think this is Players Choice for $20 now as well.

Eternal Darkness is not for everyone. A lot of people seemingly just don't like it. I bought it the day it came out and have played through it four times just to get the bonus ending. I feel it was worth the time. Unlike other survival horror games, you're pretty much meant to massacre all the monsters in the game. The story is well told and has some nice Cthulu elements to it. I've seen this as low as $7 on clearance.

Resident Evil is also quite good. Don't bother with Zero, which is dull and not much fun at all, just grab the remake of the original. It improves on the original drastically and so many changes have been made that it actually plays upon your knowledge of the first to trip you up. Taking a cue from RE3, you have a monster that hunts you down in this one as well. The backstory for that thing is pretty damn creepy heh. The game is also gorgeous. It shouldn't be that expensive anymore. Watch for the sequel in November.

Super Mario Sunshine can also be found for around $20 and I feel it is worth it. Many people don't like the game and I can understand why. At the same time, it's possibly the best pure 3D platformer out there considering all the insane jumping skills the game requires. It has its problems, but I did enjoy it. It's worth it at that low price.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is not my favorite Zelda game. It doesn't have enough dungeons, it's a bit too easy and there are some areas in the game that are downright frustrating. However, that's compared to Zelda games... compared to other games in general, I feel it's a must buy. The game looks amazing, is probably more story centric than the others before it and is just a lot of fun when it wants to be.

Upcoming games I think will be must buys: Paper Mario 2, Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 2 (if you're interested in the original, I'd just wait for this one in August), Donkey Konga, Baten Kaitos, Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, etc.,

I only did GameCube for now. I'll do more in another post later.

I agree with just about every game you listed, but I wanted to highlight these two, in particular, because they're both games that have gone overlooked and I (along with you) think that they both deserve to sell amazingly well.

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']Skies of Arcadia: Legends is hands down the best traditional RPG on the system. Of course, it has basically no decent competition yet either. This is set to change in the future with games like Tales of Symphonia coming out, but it won't change how good this game is. The GC version is decently improved over the DC one: less enemy encounters, more gold and XP per battle, faster fights and load times, improved main character models, added story points and so forth. You can find this cheap in random places because it didn't do all that well (I think in the 100,000 range). Worth the money. The game only gets better as you go along.[/quote]

Skies of Arcadia: Legends is quite possibly my favorite RPG. I never had the chance to play the game on the Dreamcast (never owned one, unfortunately), so I jumped at the chance to buy this when I could. I was definitely not disappointed. The storyline is extremely fun and light-hearted, a great breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the melodramatic stuff you see in a lot of RPGs lately. The characters have a goofy air about them, but with the way the game presents them, you can still take them seriously when something emotionally powerful happens to them. It's pretty remarkable how well the game juggles comedy and drama, heh.

And, as Tony mentioned, the game only gets better as you progress through it - it captures the feel of exploring a new land so much better than any other game I've played, it's phenomenal. You just can't help but feel really excited once you've uncovered a new area of the game or when you come across a new Discovery or beat a bounty. It's so much fun lol.

[quote]Eternal Darkness is not for everyone. A lot of people seemingly just don't like it. I bought it the day it came out and have played through it four times just to get the bonus ending. I feel it was worth the time. Unlike other survival horror games, you're pretty much meant to massacre all the monsters in the game. The story is well told and has some nice Cthulu elements to it. I've seen this as low as $7 on clearance.[/quote]

I really can't understand why people wouldn't like Eternal Darkness - I think the game is pretty damn amazing ($7 for ED is quite possibly one of the greatest bargains you could ever see in gaming). The story is very well conceived and the cutscenes are well worth the effort it takes to beat the game. Plus, being encouraged to plow through the monsters is a welcome change of pace from games like Resident Evil where it's usually for your benefit to run like a wussy :p

I find myself more and more impressed with the game every time I play it. The ambience of the game is just superb, even if the character models are slightly on the cartoonish side. The music and the creepy levels make up for that, however. If you like survival-horror games in the least, you should buy this game (hell, if you love a good story, you should buy this game, especially if it's $7 lol).

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! is also well worth buying, [i]especially[/i] if you have friends that you can play multiplayer with. The single player is pretty exhilirating (even if the computers hit a little too often with their items) and multiplayer is even better. I really like the variety of levels that you get in Double Dash!! and the two-player mechanic is fun to experiment with, as well. Co-op, in particular, can be really cool if you're able to find a person who can excel at Double Dash!!

[quote name='Shinmaru]Mario Kart: Double Dash!! is also well worth buying, [i]especially[/i'] if you have friends that you can play multiplayer with. The single player is pretty exhilirating (even if the computers hit a little too often with their items) and multiplayer is even better. I really like the variety of levels that you get in Double Dash!! and the two-player mechanic is fun to experiment with, as well. Co-op, in particular, can be really cool if you're able to find a person who can excel at Double Dash!![/quote]

I forgot about that one. Don't listen to some of the subpar reviews. This is a great game. It would be nice if there was more to unlock and a few more tracks, but what can you do. It looks good, runs well and plays great.

It's probably the most hectic of the series thus far as well. At first I was weary of how wide the tracks were, but there is just so much more going on that it almost seems necessary. I played the hell out of it until I had everything unlocked and the multiplayer is a blast (although I wish there were more interesting battle stages).

[COLOR=Teal]For information on all of the new and upcoming games you can check the[/COLOR] [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=39422][u]Game Thread List for E3 2004.[/u][/url] [COLOR=Teal]There are also other titles that have just recently been announced or have just began development such as PSO2, but I'll try to go through those later on.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]I'd say Semjaza and Shinmaru made a thorough distinction of the more playable Gamecube titles out, so I'll try and head in a different direction, heh.

Full Spectrum Warrior seems to be a fairly decent game. I wouldn't call it a must-buy but its background is quite impressive since it was formerly meant to be an urban warfare simulator for the US army. Judging by that, THQ really must have applied a sincere amount of realism to it, and I've heard nothing but good things about the AI. As opposed to the Tom Clancy series, FSW shows a lot more proportion and variety; you can squad platoons and categorize troops, and then toy with them and see for yourself what works best. The character models look brilliant and the 3D maps show some great depth..It's heading for the Xbox and PC at the beginning of next month and is Xbox Live compatible.

If you prefer to play in a more fantasy-like environment however, then Halo is your game. Nothing could be more fun than the savage fatalities of hordes of alien scum. Halo may lack competitiveness in the story it pursues, but definitely redeems itself in gameplay, graphics, and multiplayer. Bungie (the games development team) really made Halo user-friendly, too. The controls aren't at all difficult to get used to, and the maps are fairly distinguishable, so it's pretty hard to get lost--thus avoiding backtracking. Possibly the greatest FPS out yet, a [b]must-buy[/b], and look out for the sequel later this year.

The third generation GTA series are pretty good too, not for the light hearted though. If you're solely looking for a challenge, then I suggest GTA3, but on the other hand you have GTA: Vice City, which primarily tops off the game with the essentials missing from GTA3; more guns, character dialogue, motorbikes, and most of all, story line, which gives a more direct approach of the thug-life in a more exaggerated way. Regardless, you can buy both games in a special deal pack--well worth you money. Expect the next instalment, GTA: San Andreas, later this year around mid October time.[/COLOR]

I'm just gonna mention one game for starters: Ninja Gaiden.

This is hacking and slashing at its best. If you want a comparison, I'd have to say maybe Prince of Persia (for the acrobatics) and (from what I've heard of the game) Devil May Cry for the combat. Combat can be tough, but is equally rewarding when you make it through a wave of enemies attempting to lay the smackdown on you. Combat just flows. Its hard to explain how it works well: it just does. The boss fights in Ninja Gaiden are also some of the hardest I've ever had to face. After defeating one that I had been trying to beat for hours, I yelled out quite a few obsenities (sp?) at my fallen foe, waking the rest of the house in the process (I was playing at about midnight)! Its games like this that make you realise why your skin is all pasty and you shy away from natural light. It also lasts quite a while. I've played about 10 hours already and I don't think I'm near the end.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I don't think this has crossed anyone's mind, but I'd recommend getting the Game Boy Player for the GCN. (GBA has some great games.) Skies of Arcadia is cool, but I personally prefer Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Then there's the two Metroid games (Fusion and Zero Mission), Pokemon, Zelda games, etc. Lots of good stuff.

As far as racing on the GCN, I didn't find F-Zero GX to be all that awesome. I don't know why I keep buying F-Zero games, because they're just not my thing, but I do anyway. In any case, my fav racing game on the console is Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. I'd get that if I were you, and it's also a "Player's Choice" or "Platinum Hits," depending on what console you get it for (maybe X-box is best). It's too bad you can't play cops vs. crooks in it, though. That would've been a great mode.

Hmm... for X-box I'd recommend DOA3 if you don't have it. It's cheap, and the graphics are great. It's a very easy-to-pick-up fighting system and it has 4-player tag, meaning it's cool for parties where people aren't hardcore gamers (at my house this doesn't happen though, so we just play Smash).

Then there's Soul Calibur 2. OF COURSE you have to get it for the Gamecube (it has Link from Legend of Zelda as an exclusive character). SC2 is fun for a while, and its music is top-notch.

I don't know why people here dislike Wind Waker all that much... I'd say it's in the top 3 Zelda games. Ocarina, then Majora's Mask tied with Windwaker. (I played LTTP after those, which means I like it less. It really matters which one you play first I've noticed.)

Ok one more. Beyond Good and Evil. I think it's a pretty cool action/adventure game. It's pretty short, but it has this "Rare" goodness that I haven't even seen from Rare for a while now. I have it for X-box, and that's what I'd recommend it for due to the better graphics and sound. Those are both strong points of the game. Control-wise the GCN is maybe best, but compared to the X-box S it's negligible.

[size=1][color=navy]Beyond Good and Evil is a game that was very critically acclaimed it just came out at a tiem when it would have been generally ignored. It sold so bad It quickly went from 50 to 20 dollars you can find it in a bargain bin in just about any game store now. It your into any of the Legend of Zelda titles you'll most likely enjoy this game.

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes one of the most engrossing titles for gamecube especially if you never played the original. It can be beaten in 3 hours without cut scenes so if you want a game with gobs of replay this is definately not it. But if you want a game that keeps coming back with suprises and has one of the most acclaimed Storylines in gaming history pick this up.

Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 1 both graphically astounding titles which will have you jumping all the way til the last moments of the game. 0 Is really Easy compared to RE1 but if you want to play the series that made survival horror what it is today pick this up.

Animal Crossing is a great game, now I know it might not look graphically great and you may be thinking that games for 5 year old but its really not. It will make you wake up a 5:30 in the morning to catch fish I know it sounds absusrd but it does, it also makes the chore of cleaning and decorating fun, only a company like nintendo could do it.[/color][/size]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
[quote name='Ashura']I agree with all those games. I haven't had the pleasure to use the GBA Player yet. Is it worth getting one if you already own a GBA?[/quote]

It's worth it if you don't play your GBA all that but like the games GBA has. (I'm like that.) If you have a big-enough TV for it to matter, the GBA Player is much less strenuous on the eyes than a GBA (even GBA sp) screen, and it lets you use the Gamecube controller (always a plus). Essentially it turns your GBA games into uber-SNES games.

There are other benefits to the player, but I can't come up with any at the moment. But you should get it if you plan on playing a lot of single-player GBA games at home.

[quote name='BlueGender][size=1][color=navy]Animal Crossing is a great game, now I know it might not look graphically great and you may be thinking that games for 5 year old but its really not. It will make you wake up a 5:30 in the morning to catch fish I know it sounds absusrd but it does, it also makes the chore of cleaning and decorating fun, only a company like nintendo could do it.[/color'][/size][/quote]

[color=blue][size=1]Thank GOD. I was waiting for someone to mention Nintendo's Animal Crossing for the Gamecube.

Although I enjoy FPSs and RPGs as much as the next gamer, I can't help but love the simple games that center around living in a neighborhood. Even if that neighborhood is full of talking animals. I enjoy the fact that there are so many different characters that can live around you. Of course, with so many different characters, their personalities are the same as many others. But that didn't bother me. I also like how your character's appearance differs depending on how you talk to Roger, the cat on the train. There are so many different ways you can decorate your house. And, by paying off your rent, you can get upgrades to your small one-story hut into a two-story house with a basement and two chimneys. This game is fun for all ages, not just 5 year olds.

Another game for the Gamecube that centers around neighborhoods is Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. A great addition to the Natsume series that has sweeped through the nation. Believe it or not, there are many, MANY fans of the HM games (especially this one). There have been many cool changes to the game, and not just the townsfolk and set-up of the village. The graphics are better than any HM game to date and the way they used chapters in addition to years as you progress was impressive, too. And most important is that your son can actually grow up and help you with the farm in this one. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life is a must-buy for all those gamers who want a violence-free game for a change.

And, like almost everyone before me, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, and F-Zero GX are great games for the Gamecube. All are filled with great game play and characters, and F-Zero GX has a great story line; better than a lot of games I have played.

Finally, I want to recommend a PS2 game.

Kingdom Hearts. For all those Disney fans out there, this game mixes many cute Disney characters in with some great gaming. The Heartless, the little creeps that are taking over the various worlds, are your enemy. Sora, the main character you play as, gets the Keyblade; a mysterious blade that can destroy the Heartless and can only be wielded by him and one other. At the beginning, the story draws you in, never letting go. Once you start, it's hard to stop playing. I know. I've beaten the game at least fifteen times by now (six times unlocking the special movie preview of KH 2), and each time I've gotten about twenty hours of game play. That may be just because I want to finish every little thing, but it's hard to beat if you don't level up enough by the end. The one problem I have with Kingdom Hearts is that in some of the cut scenes, the animators just got lazy. The characters aren't as detailed as the more "important" scenes, so only their eyes blink and their mouths flap up and down. Other than that, it's a perfect game. A must buy for the Playstation 2 is Kingdom Hearts. Look for the two sequels sometime in 2005, one for the PS2, the other the GBA.[/color][/size]

I might as well start honoring my award from the OtakuAwards (Xbox Gamer).

I think one of the most important games to get if anyone has an Xbox is Knights of the Old Republic. BioWare has developed a gem of a game that in many ways, blows Lucas' own attempts right out of the stratosphere. Everything you've ever wanted in a Star Wars game is in KOTOR. I honestly can't think of anything they missed. The scope of KOTOR is something you [i]must[/i] experience. Words can't really describe the sheer wonder and beauty of it.

Tatooine is amazing, even if it's all desert. The wind blows across the dunes, Anchorhead [i]feels[/i] like Anchorhead: a lone, tiny town in the middle of nowhere. There are Jawas walking around, a Krayt dragon cave in the Dune Sea, Sandpeople to fight, both outside and in their Fortress...it still boggles my mind everytime I see Anchorhead in the distance.

Kashyyyk's tree villages are intact, and it's still awesome to go into First-Person View and look up at the towering trees from the walkways.

We've got Dantooine, home to a Jedi Training Temple.

And there are an insanely high number of quests to go on, and the quests are pretty much all different, because of the magic of open-ended gameplay. Want to help the woman in Anchorhead find her son? Go out and bring him back. Earn Light Side points. Don't want to but still want the credits? Threaten to kill the woman. She'll fork over the creds and you'll earn Dark Side points. There are at least two ways to complete everything in KOTOR, more if you're creative, hehe. One of my favorite experiences was on the planet of Manaan, where I rigged a droid to attack its master, lol.

KOTOR is just a fantastic game, through and through. It's extremely polished, to the point that it shines so brightly it blinds you, just like if you looked up at Tatooine's double suns.

Everyone with an Xbox should have KOTOR. It's a game that is on my Top 10. It just grabs you and doesn't let go.

Buy it.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Yeah I still need to get it. It's on my "to get" list, but I haven't found the time for it yet. I still have to beat Starfox Adventures (which I'd NOT recommend) as well as a few other games I have before I get around to KOTOR. But it IS a game that every X-box owner should have, that is for sure.

On the subject of killer RPGs, one I'd definitely recommend for X-box is Morrowind: Game of the Year edition. Morrowind is my #3 favorite RPG of all time and it'll probably stay that way until Elder Scrolls IV comes out for the X-box's successor (and PC) (or Bioware somehow turn back into the gods that Black Isle used to be and whip up Baldur's Gate III and do it right). Really I'd recommend Morrowind for either X-box or PC. It's all preference as far as what you care about more (UI convenience vs. frequent crashing, etc.).

[size=2]System: Xbox[/size]
[size=2]Developer: Just Add Monsters[/size]
[size=2]Game: Kung Fu Chaos[/size]

[size=2]Review:[/size]

[size=2]We?ve all done it. We?ve all sat down on lazy Saturday afternoons and watched the weekly WB17 cheesy exploitation movies. Usually those movies were campy sci-fi from the mid 90s, made for TV. Other times, though, the usual crap wasn?t there and we would be treated to a showing of the end-all of martial arts movies: 70s exploitation Hong Kong kung fu.[/size]

[size=2]We loved them, of course. We loved the utter ridiculous presentation; we loved the cheesy voiceovers and dubbing. We loved those over-the-top expressions, sound effects, and the errant visible wire. We thought to ourselves, ?I want to do that!? And what was wrong with our desire to become a kung fu master? It ties into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ideals, it seems. We all wanted to be ninjas. But, unfortunately, many of us were never able to achieve that, and had to live out our fantasies of martial arts superstardom during those lazy Saturday afternoons.[/size]

[size=2]But now that all changes?well, sort of.[/size]

[size=2]Kung Fu Chaos is a gem of a game recently released as an Xbox exclusive from a developer called Just Add Monsters. KFC (Yes, KFC?but much more filling and doesn?t give you gas.) is a remarkable throwback to those lazy Saturday afternoons spent in front of the TV, watching some of the cheesiest but greatest and most entertaining movies ever made.[/size]

[size=2]Many games today simply don?t seem to give a crap about aesthetic quality. I can only count a handful of recent offerings on any system that cares about aesthetics. Silent Hill, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil, and Viewtiful Joe are really the only games that come to mind. Fortunately, though, KFC has wonderful aesthetic quality. When that intro cinema plays, with Kung Fu Fighting blaring, the video grain (purposely) scratchy, and those thwacks and slaps blare through your speakers, you?re brought back to the 70s.[/size]

[size=2]The plot is pure camp. We select one out of about a dozen martial arts ?experts? who are fighting for the starring role in Shao Ting?s latest ?masterpiece.? Like the old exploitation kung fu movies, KFC?s plot is nothing more than an excuse to get down and dirty with some insane stunts and totally bizarre action sequences.[/size]

[size=2]The single-player mode is a solid experience, taking on average under an hour to complete, but around nine hours to unlock everything. Single-player is really a practice for the lunacy of multi-player, though, as the levels are identical, right down to every dinosaur chomp, alien laser blast, and sliding piano.[/size]

[size=2]It?s a nice challenge, too, as the grading system isn?t the conventional ?complete objectives,? ?kill everything,? ?have 100% health.? We?re graded on a 5-star system. A true ?turkey? performance in a stage receives one star, the official turkey rating in Hollywood. Getting three stars means Shao Ting makes enough on the film to break even, and a 5-star rating is an Academy Award nomination, or something. Either way, it?s hilarious and a truly worthy award system. It?s satisfying, which is the most important thing.[/size]

[size=2]Now, with the advent of Nintendo 64, it?s essentially commercial suicide to release a system and/or game without multiplayer capabilities. Just Add Monsters made sure to adhere to this golden principle of gaming: gamers have friends. Yes, as strange as it may sound, we do have friends, and often, our friends are also gamers, meaning deathmatching is very important. KFC does deathmatching very well. It is a party game. I can?t stress that enough. It is the epitome of a party game. The levels are hyperintense, with chaos going on all around your retro kung fu avatars, and the insane, off-camera, dictatorial orders from Shao Ting will have you laughing your ***** off. Plus, who doesn?t love beating the crap out of your friends as Gigantic goes down in a major way?[/size]

[size=2]Kung Fu Chaos was made for us, those gamers who aren?t athletic in the least, whose martial arts capabilities peak in donning a Mortal Kombat costume. Geeks? dreams of martial arts stardom do come true, in the form of Kung Fu Chaos.[/size]

[size=2]It?s only 20 bucks now, too. You can?t go wrong.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]EDIT: This review was written a few months ago, so Kung Fu Chaos is probably even cheaper now...probably only 10. Very good deal.[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Super Uber
One word, Shinobi. sure...it's not the newest PS2 game, but it's one of the best games out there...for any system...period. Why? well for one, it's an action game in which the story wasn't an afterthought. two, while it's graphics may not be the best...they're still pretty good. three it's gameplay is very chalenging, and forces you to get good at the game rather than just half-assing your way through levels. it also incorporates it's gameplay gimmicks such as running on walls and the sould eating sword into the gameplay, which in some ways is actually innovative. just don't go crying to me when you die...over...and over...and over...toss in some ninja magic, enough unlockables to keep the replay value high, and even a little something for the people who used to play the original Shinobi games back in the day. there's just no reason not to own this game.

as someone else mentioned, both the ZOE games are must owns because of their great graphics, story, gameplay, sound, everything.