Lady Macaiodh Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 i just heard on the radio's news that tokyo's #1 newspaper has reported that osama bin laden & his main conspirator were killed. could it be true? or just one of bin laden's tricks to throw off the heat?
Princess Nadia Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 [B][COLOR=darkblue]I don't think it's true[/COLOR] [/B]
Biida Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 I don't know if it's true or not, just let me say this. Anything is possible.
Cecil Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 Very unlikely, although something that did happen was that there was an Afgan war here tried to talk with the Tellahban, and they killed him. I think that maybe the US thought he might have been a good leader and so its a setback for us.
Adam Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 I don't really think we'll know if Bin Laden ever dies or not. If anyone has read 1984 by George Orwell, he might turn into a "Big Brother" sort of figure. For all we know he could have died already and the Taliban have just been saying he's still alive to give people a face to rally under. Shrug, -Adam
Guest Master O Beans Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Adam [/i] [B]I don't really think we'll know if Bin Laden ever dies or not. If anyone has read 1984 by George Orwell, he might turn into a "Big Brother" sort of figure. For all we know he could have died already and the Taliban have just been saying he's still alive to give people a face to rally under. Shrug, -Adam [/B][/QUOTE] Ah! I haven't read the book, but I have seen the movie...and I don't know if the movie does it justice or not...but it was still quite good! "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU..."
Ryan Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 I don't know it could be true, but in my opinion i highly doubt it probably a trick but that is my opinion
Transtic Nerve Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 You all should know by now the Japanese never lie! hahaha umm yeah, as for the news... who knows... I was gonna use some example here, but I can't think of one.
Fish Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 it is a plan by bin laden to make people think he is dead
Guest Posted October 26, 2001 Posted October 26, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]You all should know by now the Japanese never lie! hahaha umm yeah, as for the news... who knows... I was gonna use some example here, but I can't think of one. [/B][/QUOTE] Well the Japanese dont lie much but i think they lie on this one......
Shy Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 I agree with Adam about the "Big Brother/1984" thing. Even if he is dead it will not stop his network of terrorists. Would it even matter if he died? No! In Fact It might even make matters even worse. Without a figure for the world to unite against, all of the nations might go their seperate ways and forget about afghanistan and the Taliban. I will be glad if he is dead (though I do not condone violence) but it might not be for the best. At least not now anyway...:worried:
Guest Pyromaniac Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 Oh, he's gone. I made SURE of it.:laugh: Sorry, had 2 put that in. Actually, i agree /w/ shyguy. Even though i want his death to be fiery and painful (see my signiture below.) , that might not be wats best 4 the world. Also, my dad says that were gonna blow em all away /w/ bombs. Wats there 2 blow away? Theyre allready livin in rundown huts & shacks, barely able to even find food and survive without other countries aid. Jus' leave it to us to make it worse and blow 'em away.
Harry Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 that hasn't been confirmed. it's a rumor and i doubt it's true. there's no evidence it has happened either
Sephiroth Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 (shrugs) heck if I know, I haven´t watched tv or heard any news for a week....
~*Anime Girl*~ Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gold_Angewomon [/i] [B]I don't know if it's true or not, just let me say this. Anything is possible. [/B][/QUOTE] She's right, anything is really possible
Nothing674 Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 not possible, no way. Mastermind terrorists don't just die, someone has to kill them.
mornigndew Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i] [B](shrugs) heck if I know, I haven´t watched tv or heard any news for a week.... [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=blue]Me too. where have I been.[/COLOR]
Sara Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 [SIZE=1]On a slightly different note, did you all know that Sebastian Junger is back in Afghanistan, after Massoud has been killed?[/SIZE]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now