OtakuBoards

Battle of the Pairings (Canon/Yaoi/Yuri/Cross-Series etc)

Patronus

[color=hotpink][size=1]Kuharishi and Akiya Debisu, I want you guys from now on to elaborate more in your posts, especially in threads like this where explanation is crucial. Gives us concrete reasons why you believe these things and even what you think the possibilities of such a pairing are. Please read the rules on post quality and make sure to do these things from now on.[/color][/size]

• 1 month later...
If you wish to reply, please give your pairing and/or those you disagree with and give details about why. Don't bother to support the Inu/kagome pairing, or other "obvious" or "main" pairings such as Squall and Rinoa, Cloud and Aeris etc. If you disagree with this, then give reasons why. Real evidence from the series/game is needed to support your claims. (I know, I sound like I'm an english teacher telling a kid to write an Essay) Oh yeah, Pairings from any show or manga or game or whatever.

OK, on with the battle of the pairings.

Disagree: Sesshoumaru and Kagura

ex 1) what would Kagura see in Sess or Vice versa
ex 2) The only reason Kagura would go to Sess is for help to be free of Naraku
ex 3) Kagura keeps saying over and over "I am the wind and the wind needs to be free" or something like that, and being paired to Sesshoumaru would only mean that she was not free.

I think I understand.
You just basically have to support any coupling of anime characters (like a web ring or somthing like that) and give a reason why you support that.

I you know me, then you know that mine is RANMA AND AKANE.
These two have been in it since the very beginning.
For more than [SIZE=4]100[/SIZE] episodes, Ranma has shown his love for Akane by doing stuff like rescuing her from danger and taking the blows.
The only part that sucks is tha fact that they both fail to reach out to each other.
I can never die happy if I never knew that Ranma and Akane had confessed their love for each other.
Ah, love.
It's one of the most complicated emotions.

Hijikata and Souji from Peacemaker.

Because the only way Nanae Chrono could make it more blatant is if she actually had a picture of the two making out somewhere in the series or something. Souji acts and treats Hiji in a way only a lover could (talking back to Hiji-san, even though he is his superior and commander, "waking him up" in the mornings and giving him massages, getting him to take him shopping and buy him sweets) and Hijikata is [i]so[/i] protective of Souji (ala: the way he goes all ga-ga after the Ikeda-ya incident, or the adorable "100 spankings, no dinner!" 'punishment' for stealing Hiji-san's book of haikus) so it's very adorable, but never blatant.

Yeah, Hijikata/Souji is canon, if quietly so. I won't have anybody saying otherwise. ^_~

Itsuki and Makoto, from RahXephon: When I first watched this series, I got some very strange vibes from those two men. Initially I managed to convince myself that my imagination had been acting up, but then I went back and read the liner notes which accompanied my DVDs. One insert featured the translation of an interview with the actors who played Sayoko, Itsuki and Makoto. I was quite surprised to discover that Makoto's seiyuu had also wondered whether Itsuki and Makoto were more than friends. Needless to say, it relieved me to discover that I wasn't the only one. ^_^;;

Although Itsuki and Makoto have a very twisted relationship, and Itsuki may or may not be in love with a number of different people, I think it's very likely that they were involved sometime in the past. Of course, with zero physical proof and the bitterness tainting their current friendship, this is just as easy to argue against.

~Dagger~

Agree: Gojyo x Hakkai (Saiyuki)

1- Gojyo saved Hakkai's life for no apparent reason, he took him in and cared for him, when he didn't even know who Hakkai was
2- After that, they lived together in an apartment for 3 years- it takes a bit more than simple friendship to live that closely for that long
3- Everytime that one of them gets hurt, the other is the first to run to their aid- Hakkai always panics when Gojyo is hurt and vice versa
4- They seem to be closer to each other than the others.

:smirk: Well...

[U][I][B]Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon & Vash the Stampede from Trigun. [/B] [/I] [/U]

Don't give me that crazy look! I know that "opposites attract", but not ALL the time. They both like donuts, both beleive in "Love and Peace!", both have their share of secrets.

:rolleyes: That was just the simularities.

Vash has this dark past that he doesn't want to talk about- Usagi's good with getting under people's skin and she can help Vash get past his past. And Usagi is a little too nice- Vash has had to be mean to get through sometimes. (Episode: Diablo)

And while it doesn't have to be a romance...

[U][I][B]Rei Hino from Sailor Moon & Inuyasha from Inuyasha [/B] [/I] [/U]

They both have those sky-rocketing tempers and both will jump into action to save their friends. Did I mention that they also have these certain friends that get on their nerves 24/7? (Usagi- Shippo)

I have some many more romances/friendships, but I really shouldn't. I wouldn't have enough room! :p

:tasty: Yoai...Yummy!

[U][I][B]Yugi and Joey from Yu-Gi-Oh[/B][/I][/U]: The best of friends can come out as the best of lovers! Besides, the short one loves tall one/tall one loves short one is soo cute! ;)

[U][I][B]Quatre and Duo from Gundam Wing[/B][/I][/U]: The safety-first, goody-two shoes blondie and the out-going, out-loud brownie (don't ask). Opposites attract. Need I say more? :smirk: I didn't think so.

[U][I][B]Kurama and Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho[/B][/I][/U]: You know, Yusuke does show this great, certain affection and protective-ness (word?) over Kurama. No, really he does! And they would look good together. :D I think they would!

[U][I][B]Inuyasha and Miroku from Inuyasha[/B][/I][/U]: *laughs evil-like* A high-tempered hanyou and a perverted monk sudden get locked in a room together. What more can you ask for!? :naughty:

[U][I][B]Vash and Wolfwood from Trigun[/B][/I][/U]: Do I really need to explain this? I can just see Wolfwood snatching a box of donuts from Vash and then they get into an insult war and then Wolfwood ends the mini-war with a kiss... and maybe more! :blush: OOO!

My favorite shounen-ai/yaoi pairings are from [B]Hikaru no Go[/B] right now.
I just find them so adorable.

[B][U]Hikaru x Akira[/U][/B]: This one makes the most sense, and totally works. Rivals [spoiler](who eventually actually associate more by the end of the series/the 2004 special other than obsessing over eachother)[/spoiler] who always have eachother on their minds. They make a great pairing, especially for fics and doujins (which I have many of.) "Touya..." "Shindou..." "Touya..." "Shindou..." There is so much of that tension-filled competitive obsessiveness in the series, it'd just be one of those "FINALLY!" feelings if they ever got together. [spoiler]And Hikaru basically snubbing the oh-so-annoying girl Akari throughout the whole series really promotes him being paired in either of these cases! ^_^[/spoiler]

[U][B]Waya x Hikaru[/B][/U]: This is one of my favorite pairings of all time. (See the thread on favorite anime characters for some reasons why I love Waya specifically) I think I might like this one most because they meet in a competitive environment, yet are still close friends. [spoiler]And even when Hikaru needs a little extra help at Go, Waya goes out of his way to bring Hikaru along with him to practice. It was noted that he was [I]helping [/I] one of his own rivals. I wonder why? ~_^[/spoiler]. Plus I have an absolutely gorgeous drawing of them together from the title page of a particular doujinshi, which increases my love for this pairing. If I wasn't at work right now I'd upload a scan I did of it and link to it. This pairing makes me jealous. O.o I think it's such a good pairing because I wouldn't mind being substituted for either of them!! lol

~adempton

OOOoooooooohhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooo I knew one day I would come here and see this......and I would have a typing cramp ALL DAY! Heeheehee Here I go....

Katsuya Jounouchi x Seto Kaiba : Yugioh- OK What is better than a hot and loud blonde and a hot antisocial brunette? yeah...exactly.

Youko Kurama x Jaganshi Hiei : Yu yu hakusho- Demons.....yay. They are great. And Yoshihiro Togashi confirmed it may exist. heehee...besides, Kurama is really the only one Hiei will hang out with...

Uchiha Sasuke x Uzumaki Naruto : Naruto- Don't rivals make the cutest couples? Naruto and Sasuke seem a lot different...but really they have some great moments together. and Naruto cries for Sasuke!!!! That's sweet!

Yuugi Moutou x Yami : Yugioh- um...they are really cute but they share a body.....so that confuses me........but that's ok........

Iruka-sensei x Hatake Kakashi : Naruto- HAHAHAHAHA Here's my favorite! So they don't have too much contact....but I've read a doujinshi with them in it and DA*N! It was great.

Inuyasha x Koga : Inuyasha- Dog boy and Wolf boy....Hahahaha I like the ear and tail things...they just look good together!!!

HEHEHEHEHE! I love Yaoi. :love:

Oh man...I have so many i dont know where to start:

Yu-Gi-Oh:
Seto x Joey (Best couple ever)
Yugi x Yami Yugi
Tristen x Duke

Kenshin:
Kenshin x Sano (Really cute couple)

DBZ:
Goku x Vegeta (Cute couple)
Piccolo x Gohan
Piccolo x Goku
Trunks x Gohan

Digimon:
Tai x Matt
T.k x Davis

Thaths about it for my list so far. ~'Night

[color=crimson][size=1]Please edit your list and put reasons why you like them, as the others have already done. Just listing your answer is pretty much spam and will be deleted. *QA*[/color][/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][SIZE=1]People might not agree with some of these pairings... i mean... Duo and Quatre look more like brothers...no offense though...

[COLOR=Purple]Duo and Wufei from GW[/COLOR], though there are a lot of Heero and Duo fans, I think the Duo and Wufei pairing is more exciting since there are more rants from Wufei and annoyance from Duo. There'd be war of the pick up lines when their around.

[COLOR=Purple]Ginji and Ban from Get Backers[/COLOR] also do good... Ban being dominant and the other submissive. Both like food and they are just compatible and kawaii in a lot of ways.

[COLOR=Purple]Kurama and Hiei[/COLOR]...a very traditional couple. Interesting biographies, good fighting skills, Kurama a houseman and Hiei... well killing stuffs out there.

...still thinkin'... will edit if there's moer ;) [/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503F86]I've merged these three Anime Relationship discussion threads together in order to keep the forum a little more organised, and because the subjects discussed in them are all pretty much the same anyway, except with different guises. Hence, this is now the thread where you can put forward [i]any[/i] anime couple you can imagine (like Duo Maxwell and Gene Starwind, if you really thought it would work), so long as you explain exactly [i]why[/i] you would put them together.[/COLOR]

Gojyo X Hakkai!- They are SO cute together. I just think they just own each other. They lived together for 3 years and got along so well. (Saiyuki)

Kenren X Tenpou!- Rumor has it they are a canon couple and that they really were lovers. No word yet from Kazuya Minekura, but they are so cute together! (Saiyuki Gaiden)

Sanzo X Goku!- You don't go an episode without hearing Goku saying Sanzo's name. I think it's cute. (Saiyuki)

Shuuichi X Yuki!- Awwwwwww! I love this pairing, especally when they're all lovey and stuff. (Gravitation)

Hiei X Kurama!- All of you hardcore psycho cult Kurama fangirl yaoi haters can kiss my ***. I adore this couple. They got me into yaoi! (YYH)

Dee X Ryo!- Fake was my first actual yaoi manga. ^__^. Gravi was the second.(FAKE)

Ban X Ginji!- I just think it's cute...(GetBackers)

Hmmm...letsh meh thinkers here....I got some!

Vegeta (DBZ) and Sango (Inuyasha)- okay, they both have a demanding attitude, I believe, and if Vegeta ever gets out of line, Sango would take that giant demon-slaying boomerang of hers and whap him upside the head a couple times.

Chibi Goku (DBGT) and Bulma (DB)- even though Goku would know Bulma, he would know how not to get her angry and besides, Gokus body is about the same age he was when he first met her so, why not eh?

Android 18 (DBZ) and Android 18 (DBGT)- hey, they're one in the same, and they may even fuse like the 17's did! They would know each other completely and wouldn't even get on each others nerves.

I'd go for Gravitation couple.

Shuuichi and Yuki; they're just the funniest pairing I've ever seen. :laugh:
I'm not sure about cross-pairing though. These guys are cool; especially in the manga version. I've seen three episodes of the anime version; it's still freakin' hilarious!!!!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=NashvilleDream]
Disagree: Sesshoumaru and Kagura

ex 1) what would Kagura see in Sess or Vice versa
ex 2) The only reason Kagura would go to Sess is for help to be free of Naraku
ex 3) Kagura keeps saying over and over "I am the wind and the wind needs to be free" or something like that, and being paired to Sesshoumaru would only mean that she was not free.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Kagura and Sesshomaru make one of the best anime couples in my opinion. Much better than some kind of pediphile pairing with him and Rin.

[b]Exhibit A:[/b] [u]The way they interract[/u]

This episode hasn't come out in the US yet, but I think if I just give a small discription I won't need spoilers. Kagura is asking Sesshomaru to help her be free of Naraku. But instead of using niceties and politeness towards him (ie calling him Sesshomaru Sama) or even bowing to him she just calls him Sesshomaru with no honorfics and asks for help.

Sesshomaru is not insulted and he doesn't do anything to her for her lack of respect towards someone of his station. Jaken is especially suprized by this. However, instead of trying to help her he says that he admires people who try to help themselves.

[b]Exhibit B:[/b] [u]Being free[/u]

I'm married and I still feel like a free person. Meaning that I still think for myself and I control my own actions. My husbadn would probably end up in traction if he tried to control anything I said or did.

That said , I don't think that Kagura's quote made when she's talking about trying to be free of Naraku can also be applied to Sesshomaru.

Naraku holds Kagura's heart in his hands quite literally. SInce he has her heart he can control her actions. This is why Kagura is not free. It has nothing to do with a loving relationship which I believe she could have with Sesshomaru. I don't think that Kagura would feel restrained by Sesshomaru the way she feels with Naraku.

[b]Exhibit C:[/b] [u]Getting rid of her bond to Naraku[/u]

I believe that Kagura seeks Sesshomaru's help because she knows that he has considerab;e power. She respects him for that, but she also doesn't feel that she's beneath him, instead she sees herself as his equal.

[b]Exhibit D:[/b] [u]Finally, what they see in eachother[/u]

Kagura sees Sesshomaru as someone she can turn to for help.

Sesshomaru sees Kagura as someone who is willing to risk her life for freedom. It's as simple as that.[/color]

[color=teal]Yay! I'm good at yaoi pairings! And Denise will help me too! Okay...

1.) Kurama x Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho) - I like this pairing lots! I never used too, until this evil girl convinced me that it was good. Hiei and Kurama clearly care for each other more than the others. Come on now, they both can relate to each other that nobody else can.

2.) Heero x Duo (Gundam Wing) - My other evil friend said this was a cute pairing too and it just stuck with me. I like this one, I think mostly because Heero is kinda stubborn and Duo still messes around with him even though he knows it will make him mad.

3.) Trowa x Quatre ( Gundam Wing) - Denise and I like this one just because of Quatre, he's cool. I really don't know much about this couple. I don't watch too much Gundam Wing.

4.) Mitsou x Hasu x Ichi (Ghost) - This is actually a manga that I picked up but it is also called Eerie Queerie. Its very good! Mitsou is the shy guy who somehow gets wrapped around Hasunuma's finger and Ichi is the one who wants Mitsou for himself but is afraid to admit to himself that he is gay.

I don't really have other ones that I am obsessed with. So that is my list, in that order.[/color]

[color=darkviolet]Has anyone besides me had the strange idea of pairing InuYasha with Miroku then seeing what would happen?

I mean I know it never could work out very well infact I think it would end up in the thread involving anime divorce, but I still think it's an interesting concept that not many people have thought of.

Now if I could only figure out why I thought of the whole idea, I think I'd be all set.

Another one of my twisted pairings would be Koga and Kikyo.

Hey, it could happen right? After all, Kagome is nothing but Kikyo's reincarnation and Koga isn't all that bad right? So, you just put two and two together and poof, instant couple.

A really strange one would be Relena (Whatever her last name is at this time) From Gundam Wing and maybe Chichiri from Fushigi Yugi. She's a strong woman, he's a really cool monk, And if she annoys him he can always dissapear inside his kasa. Plus, I think Chichiri really deserves a chance at happiness[/color]

• 6 months later...
1.SasukexNaruto from naruto. they are so mean to each other yet when one gets hurt you can tell that they care for each other. Like when sasuke saved Naruto or when naruto saved sasuke. You can just tell.

2.AlucardxIntegra from Hellsing. When Integra was young he wanted her blood. When she is older...well he wants more then her blood. In my opinion they look so cute!!!!

3.KarouxKagoma from Rurouni kenshin and Inyasha. Well what can I say other than temperd black haired beautys!!!

[COLOR=GREEN]I think that Inuyasha x Koga is a great couple because they are always fighting but they get along sometimes as well (usually when they're fighting other enemies, tho...)

I like a lot of Gundam Wing pairings (including some threesomes that I won't list...)"
Heero x Dou (1x2x1)
Heero x Wufei (1x5x1)
Heero x Trowa (1x3x1)
Dou x Wufei (2x5x2)
Dou x Trowa (2x3x2)
Trowa x Quatre (3x4x3)
Quatre x Wufei (4x5x4)

(I'm kind of obsessed w/ GW fanfiction.)[/COLOR]