OtakuBoards

Wich type of mangas do you like

man

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]Okay For some reason not many people look at the back mangas But I am tring to do a survey. pick the best one you like.
1) Street Angle Kurumi
2) Bleach
3) Rurourin Kenshin
4)SayYugi
5) Fusigi Yugi
you dicied over and out.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic]Off Topic: [QUOTE=man][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]Okay For some reason not many people look at the back mangas But I am tring to do a survey. pick the best one you like.
1) Street Angle Kurumi
2) Bleach
3) Rurourin Kenshin
4)SayYugi
5) Fusigi Yugi
you dicied over and out.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

For some people who has problems reading this, look at this quote:

[QUOTE=man][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]Okay for some reason not many people look at manga, but I am trying to do a survey. Pick the best one you like.
1) Street Angle Kurumi
2) Bleach
3) Rurouni Kenshin
4) SayYugi
5) Fusigi Yugi
you decide over and out.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

About #5, I don't know how it's spelled. So yeah. Spelling and punctuations are your best friends here :).

In Topic: I like Bleach. Rurouni Kenshin is a very good manga, but Bleach is just like Rurouni Kenshin, only better. Since too many people spoiled the name of Hitokiri Battosai and ruined the manga for me. Bleach is the way.

Bleach is like R. Kenshin. Except funnier, even MORE dramatic, and it gets really deep with the characters. For now, I won't say it has more action. Since, well, I've only read 1 issue. For now Bleach is better then Kenshin in terms of how it's kicked off.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue]Thank you, G/S/B Master. Number's 4 and 5 on that list are "Saiyuki" and "Fushigi Yuugi: The Mysterious Play."

The only two out of that lot that I've read are Fushigi Yuugi and Rurouni Kenshin.

The only reason I'm reading Kenshin right now is to see the differences from the manga and the anime (which there do happen to be some big ones at certain areas). Fushigi Yuugi, however, I picked up because a friend of mine rants and raves about it every time somebody says the word "manga." I got the first volume from the library and liked the different (at the time) storyline and the interesting characters. The art style was great, too. I guess I should be glad I listened to her that one time, shouldn't I? lol[/color]

I love shoujo. Give me any shoujo, and I'll be happy.

Fushigi Yugi
Ceres
Alice 19th
Snow Drop
Fruits Basket
Mars
Peach Girl
Marmalade Boy
Hot Gimmick
Girl Got Game
Hana Kimi
Kill me Kiss me
And several others I can't remember at three in the morning

I have the biggest shoujo collection out of anyone I know...

i haven't really read any of those except for fushigi yugi and rurouni kenshin
i'm not really big on shoujo.......but i have read some before.....like Ceres, Alice 19th, Love Hina, and that one by rumiko takahashi about the boarding school (i forgot the name).
i'm a huge fan of inuyasha (I never ever thought that i would fall in love with a half demon, half human anime character, but I did.)
i haven't read Ranma 1/2 yet.....can anyone tell me if its good or worth reading? i love rumiko takahashi.....but i was kind of skeptical about Ranma 1/2.
i haven't read any sailor moon manga....but i have seen the anime (i first started watching it when i was like.........10 or something.)
alright well, later
ja ne

[size=1]Okay, this topic is kind of getting on my nerves. I am not going to close it or anything just now, but I ask people who are going to post here this:

[b]Please give some reasoning as to why you like the certain type of manga.[/b]

Do not just make a list. Perhaps an actual discussion will come of it. Since this is more about types of manga, classify the general genre that you tend to delve into. List the mangas you have read within that and why they appeal so much to you.

If you think you read pretty much a little of every genre, describe each one and perhaps the best manga within that genre you have read. What set it apart from the others?, etc.

I apologize if I am coming off a little harsh, but I cannot stand lists like these. -__-;[/size]

[color=darkblue]I've been meaning to go through and give this thread a warning along the same lines, Piro, though adimittedly, not to your depth in temrs of alternatives, lol.

As Piro said, anyone who posts in this thread is required to give reasons for liking whatever manga they prefer. Otherwise, it's hardly better than the favorites threads that used to plauge Anime Lounge not too long ago.

If I see any more posts like the ones above, I won't hesitate to close this thread down. So I advise everyone to put some thought into any response you want to give.[/color]

[COLOR=DeepPink][SIZE=1]I prefer romances and fantasy in manga. Though action usually evens out the whole thing to make it interesting.

From the list you gave, I'd have to pick between Saiyuki and Fushi Yuugi. I'm a sucker for romances at any time. Fushi Yuugi would have to be my favorite because it still has some action in it and everything doesn't draw out into this long boring love story that reals like forever. And I think the art in it is a little better.

Saiyuki is kinda too bland for me. Exciting, but bland. The whole demon and priests thing drags a little bit. But the fighting is better than Fushigi Yuugi. It's still pretty cool though.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
From that list I'd say Bleach. Because some humor and action mixed together is always great for me. But here are some of my favorite manga's

Hikaru no Go :- Had no idea what go was before i read this. You'd expect a manga about a board game being boring, but this isn't, which got me interested. All this intense action coming from a simple board game. And there's also great stuff off the Go story like personal problems with the characters.

Get Backers :- I've only read the first volume so far but I'm loving it. What isn't to love from this manga. There's alot of action, plus it's hilarious. And it isn't one of those young teens manga, but meant for older teens. I can't wait to get the second volume.

Bremen :- Alot like Get Backers, except it's musically based which is okay. I had never heard of this manga before until a friend reccomended it to me. I was pretty skeptical because I had never heard of there being any rock-and-roll band manga's out there I thought the idea wasn't that great. But the humour and crazy antics drew me in and I was liking the manga more and more after every page.

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Arial][B]I like reading Inu-Yasha, Ragnorak, and Yu-Gi-Oh because they're fantasy. I like fantasy a lot. I also like to read Marmalade Boy, Peach Girl, Love Hina and Chobits because since they're romance. And I also like Rurouni Kenshin, Real Bout High School because they're about Fighting.

So the Manga's I read are (listed in favorite order):

1. Peach Girl
2. Ragnorak
3. Inu-Yasha
4. Chobits
5. Yu-gi-Oh
6. Marmalade Boy
7. Real Bout High School
8. Love Hina
9. Rurouni Kenshin[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

This type of survay should really call for a poll, with particular cases being discussed, you gave five manga choices, of the five, I am incline towards kenshin, though even that is marginal (I only like the kyoto arc) bleach is semi decent as well but I've yet to see much of it so cannot make a better judgement...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest sweetrevenge814
[QUOTE=Lady_Sango]i haven't really read any of those except for fushigi yugi and rurouni kenshin
i'm not really big on shoujo.......but i have read some before.....like Ceres, Alice 19th, Love Hina, and that one by rumiko takahashi about the boarding school (i forgot the name).
i'm a huge fan of inuyasha (I never ever thought that i would fall in love with a half demon, half human anime character, but I did.)
i haven't read Ranma 1/2 yet.....can anyone tell me if its good or worth reading? i love rumiko takahashi.....but i was kind of skeptical about Ranma 1/2.
i haven't read any sailor moon manga....but i have seen the anime (i first started watching it when i was like.........10 or something.)
alright well, later
ja ne[/QUOTE]

Ranma 1/2 is an awesome manga. Just as long as you don't mind the perverted-ness that comes with all of Rumiko Takahashi's works. It's really funny too. It's random and at times just plain stupid but that's what makes it unique.

Frankly, even though i only read a Sampler in my Shone Jump Monthly, I really like were Bleach was headed. it looked wicked awsom. But, on another note, i know some even less known manga that kick the living **** out of those. Ragnarok, to name one, was a great manga, especially if you were into nore Mythology, becouse it is a perfect blend for fans. Candidate for Goddess, though quite a Gundam rip in SO many ways, was reallly quite kool becouse of the special skills they give each carector. And finally, my favourite Manga of all time, (Though i dont know if its well kown or not!) was xxxHolic. It was part of the four-manga realese put out by Del Rey, and was made by the Legendary CLAMP. It is probably one of the best manga ever made, since, first of all, it introduces a crossover twist, which is not often seen, and the charectors were REALLY likable. Plus the two little lesbians weren't a bad tuch eaither...