OtakuBoards

Depression... :(

Break

[SIZE=1]Jeeze...why me...?

Right, every year or so sumthin like that, I get these long depressions... like pretty long.
And, I don't really talk about it that much... so it builds up... and I get aggresive...
Please help me someone, I know I'll probably annoy someone intently by moaning like a 5 year old, but... ack... just please someone tell me WHY I get this...[/SIZE]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson][b][size=1]We all get depressed... some just dont show it...

I know that i never show my feelings... i stay emotionless on the outside.... but on the inside no one knows whats going on...

I never tell any my feelings... because they dont really care....

I always get the same reaction... if i tell people what i feel...

Especially telling girls i like them.... always i get the same reaction...

So... i stay a cold, emotionless teenager.... [/color][/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson][b][size=1]We all get depressed... some just dont show it...

I know that i never show my feelings... i stay emotionless on the outside.... but on the inside no one knows whats going on...

I never tell any my feelings... because they dont really care....

I always get the same reaction... if i tell people what i feel...

Especially telling girls i like them.... always i get the same reaction...

So... i stay a cold, emotionless teenager.... [/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]That... that is what I am like... exactly me... but without all the troubles you had... I read all about them... maybe that's why we both write stories...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]That... that is what I am like... exactly me... but without all the troubles you had... I read all about them... maybe that's why we both write stories...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][b][size=1]Could be...

With all the things i have seen i have become the Dark, cold person you see now.... maybe i'll chance, or maybe i'll always be this way.... i dont know...

The only time i was happy was with my gf for 2 years... then she dumped me and moved away....[/color][/b][/size]

Kinda have the same thing, but I'm not depressed, I show no emotions of friendship except only to a few. That would be about 2 people. All the girls hate me, so I show no emotions to them, no one has any intrest that I have exept maybe my bro and my dad, although only a little. My parents don't understand me, and they say I have a gaming obsesion, and I can't explain it.

My answer to this is to come here, but even here I think people ignore me, but at least they understand me.

depression itself is a cyclic thing :( , there is also something called sad, which is seasonal (depression during winter) and gets treated with grow lights :box:
my advice would be to c a doc (remember they must preserve patient confidentiality) and keep talking with us

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I have Cronic Depression... it's in my genes.... I used to take Prozac for it.... occationally it comes back... I have, lately, learned to control it.

Depression is a downside to life... most everyone gets it.

Just remember: What knocks you down only makes you stronger [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I might have Cronic Depression, tell me what it's like and I will see if that's me... but that saying at the bottom doesn't work with me... everybody hates me moaning just because they're happy...[/SIZE]

[B]

[SIZE=1]I might have Cronic Depression, tell me what it's like and I will see if that's me... but that saying at the bottom doesn't work with me... everybody hates me moaning just because they're happy...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

The bottom applys to everyone... you just have to give it time. I never learned to control my depression till just recently. When you become strong enough you will be able to control your depression. And you aren't moaning about it. Believe me, it makes a person feel alot better to talk about it then to keep it inside forever.

Cronic Depression varys from person to person... There's really no way to tell you what it's like...

I used to always feel like crap, not happy most of the time. De-socialized myself with people. Never talked to my parents. Cried for no apparent reason. Mood swings. Anger problems. etc....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

I used to always feel like crap, not happy most of the time. De-socialized myself with people. Never talked to my parents. Cried for no apparent reason. Mood swings. Anger problems. etc.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]That's me all in one rice-ball...[/SIZE]

Guest Majin Gohan
What's wrong with going to see a doc. I went and saw one for depression and now I'm pretty happy. I was the same way as you when I was suggested to go. Trust me it will end up alot better if you go see one

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majin Gohan [/i]
[B]What's wrong with going to see a doc. I went and saw one for depression and now I'm pretty happy. I was the same way as you when I was suggested to go. Trust me it will end up alot better if you go see one [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Ah, no... I live in UK and that's no use... I know of no docs that are psychiatrists...[/SIZE]

Guest Voodookanaka
by the gods your turning into me.
Ive always had the same thing, and just learned to ...I dunno its just part of who I am now.

well, i'm manic-depressive/bi-polar. so believe me, i know about depression. i go from feeling like i'm high to a huge crash. i used to take lithium, etc. but i didn't like the fact that it made me feel like a sloth. i haven't taken my meds in about 2 years... before that, i'd been taking them since i was 13. i feel better now than i have in years. i learn to deal w/ the cycles my own way. when i feel, down, i do the things i love, like play guitar or write or paint. also, i watch tv to distract myself, or read books. if i can get my mind off of it, that helps. other times, i just fully embrace it, do something that makes me see how huge it really is, something that gets me in touch with what's going on inside my head. i have a few friends i can talk to w/out someone saying something about me being crazy. but you're doing the right thing now in talking about it. even if no one gives any good advice, at least you're stating it for the record to yourself.

meditating works wonders. you just have to find the right meditation. just breathing correctly helps.

[SIZE=1]Well, well, well...

Welcome to puberty, kiddo.

But seriously--

Everyone--at least, everyone I know--gets depressed sometimes. Sooner or later you learn that life's just not all it's cracked up to be, and you go through a stint of depression. If you haven't yet, you will.

I was pretty much chronically depressed for three years... I just hated life, and everything and everyone in it. I got over it. I still can't stand most people, but that's their fault, not mine. Stupid, petty, ignorant people...

This, too shall pass. [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]by the gods your turning into me.
Ive always had the same thing, and just learned to ...I dunno its just part of who I am now. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I am you! And I thought you said you have no friends?[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera[/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Well, well, well...

Welcome to puberty, kiddo.

But seriously--

Everyone--at least, everyone I know--gets depressed sometimes. Sooner or later you learn that life's just not all it's cracked up to be, and you go through a stint of depression. If you haven't yet, you will.

I was pretty much chronically depressed for three years... I just hated life, and everything and everyone in it. I got over it. I still can't stand most people, but that's their fault, not mine. Stupid, petty, ignorant people...

This, too shall pass.[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Ah, yes puberty another thing... I forgot I was even going through that (how, I do NOT know...) Ah, I see the way now.... Thanks guys!

And, LM, are you really insane?[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]Ah, yes puberty another thing... I forgot I was even going through that (how, I do NOT know...) Ah, I see the way now.... Thanks guys!
[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Anytime....[/SIZE] :rolleyes:

Guest Voodookanaka
I aint got no friends...just concert goers and a crazy chick that follows me round.

I liked puberty, I had a really big ego boost, and everyone had spots sept me, it ruled. then ppl hated me coz of it, I got picked on, hurt me deeply, inner hatred built up on me and I kicked this guys *** big style, everyone thought I was psycho, started feeling angry a lot, realised that everyone who thought arragant ppl were dicks were conformist twats who didnt realise that they just dont have time for them and there mindless chit chat, that alt' ppl were just copycats, trendys were brainwashed, that 99.8% of ppl had no individual personality, at this point i had fully gained all the symtoms u have.

Here's something to ponder over. How can someone who has a beautiful girlfriend, a girlfriend whom he's totally in love with, get depressed?

It just happens. Stuff happens in life or around the world that just makes you stop and think about how crappy life can be sometimes. Or there's a chemical imbalance in your brain so not enough endorphines, or "happy chemicals" get through your system.

And just incase you didn't get who I'm talking about, it's me.

And for you real pros, try living with depression for almost 11 years straight. Because I did. I never told anyone what was going on. Sometimes I'm glad I didn't tell, sometimes I'm angry I didn't, sometimes I'm sad that I had no one to tell. But I'm all better now ^_^x