OtakuBoards

Chop Suey

Box Hoy

Here's the lyrics:

Wake up
Grab a brush and put a little (makeup)
Grab a brush and put a little
Hide the scars to fade away the (shakeup)
Hide the scars to fade away the
Why?d you leave the keys upon the table?
Here you go create another fable
You wanted to
Grab a brush and put a little makeup
You wanted to
Hide the scars to fade away the shakeup
You wanted to
You wanted to
I don?t think you trust
In, my, self righteous suicide
I, cry, when angels deserve to die, die
Wake up
Grab a brush and put a little (makeup)
Grab a brush and put a little
Hide the scars to fade away the (shakeup)
Hide the scars to fade away the
Here you go create another fable
You wanted to
Grab a brush and put a little makeup
You wanted to
Hide the scars to fade away the shakeup
You wanted to
You wanted to
I don?t think you trust
I, cry, when angels deserve to die
Father, father, father, father
Father into your hands, I commend my spirit
Father into your hands
Why have you forsaken me
In your eyes forsaken me
In your thoughts forsaken me
In your heart forsaken, me oh
Trust in my self righteous suicide
In my self righteous suicide

---
I've been wondering what Chop Suey is about for such a long time. It's probably one of my most favorite head banger songs but no one I know can explain what Chop Suey's point is.
Self Righteous suicide and Angels deserve to die only lead me to one thing. Someone is trying to kill a hot girl.
Does anyone have any theories as to what Chop Suey is about.

I think it's just trying to show how people do things and then when they ask why things are going wrong and try to place the blame the only guilty one is themself. Or something.

SOAD is great, one of the few bands that has been influenced by punk and has still come out good.

• 2 months later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
Well here's my theory:

1. Something tragic happened, like a car crash or a burglary gone wrong. (Reference to keys.)

2. An "angel" died. This angel was probably just a really good person whom the speaker cared for.

3. The speaker survived the incident with scars, and is blaming himself for the death of the angel.

4. The speaker is about to commit suicide, to end the guilt.

5. The speaker is also praying to his "father" or God, and is asking to be taken into heaven because his own suicide is justified in his mind.

I don't think that's "right", but oh well. It's a great song regardless![/COLOR]

Guest Invader Trunks
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=DarkGreen]I'm not exactly sure what the song is about either, but I think it's just an awsome song to listen to.[/COLOR][/FONT] :D

SOAD states "Our songs mean what ever you want them to mean, so your always right".

It could have something to do with the fact that "father dear hands, I commend my spirits" is a line Jesus said as he was on the cross.....

origionally the song was going to be called suicide but they thought it would get bad publicity. I dont know where the smurf they came up with chop suey...

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Im a huge SOAD fan I have all 3 of there albums, and am looking forward to there 4th. Alot of there songs dont make much sense though I think they mean for it to be that way, I remember reading somewhere that they look at each one of there songs as a puzzle.

But I always thought Chop Suey was about abuse and it leading someone to committe suicide. The part where they shout "why have you forsaken me" I always thought it was the person talking to god asking him why he has put them in such a horrible life. When Serj Tankian says "I cry when angel's deserve to die" that to me meant that the person in the song believed they were meaningless because they had been treated that way for such a long time.[/SIZE][/COLOR]