Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=blue]I have a horrible day today, but the conversation on this board make me feel better.
I have a really big problem.
My parent just talk to me today about marriage. Yes, I freak out badly, the worse part is they engage for me. They told me to think about it. What should I do. They're really serious. It's traditional, I hate it. I'm not joking either [/color]
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=crimson][b][size=1]Dont listen to your parents if they are trying to tell you how to make the most important decison of your life...

And age doesnt matter if you love the person...[/color][/size][/b]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i]
[B][color=blue]I have a horrible day today, but the conversation on this board make me feel better.
I have a really big problem.
My parent just talk to me today about marriage. Yes, I freak out badly, the worse part is they engage for me. They told me to think about it. What should I do. They're really serious. It's traditional, I hate it. I'm not joking either [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Tell them Marriage is for the week minded!... wait no.... don't do that...

Just tell them the truth.... I you lye or say something you don't actually think, things will get worse.... believe me. I just went through telling my parents a big part of my life.... it's better to tell your parents what you actually feel and think rather then lead them on to something totally different.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i]
[B][color=blue]I have a horrible day today, but the conversation on this board make me feel better.
I have a really big problem.
My parent just talk to me today about marriage. Yes, I freak out badly, the worse part is they engage for me. They told me to think about it. What should I do. They're really serious. It's traditional, I hate it. I'm not joking either [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

WHAT!!! I thought it was illegal or something... You shold just tell them how you feel.
Posted
*snickers at transtic and kuja*

Where do you live morningdew? Tell your parents calmly that you don't agree with the engagment and explain to them why you don't want to be engaged to that boy, or engaged at all.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i]
[B][color=blue]I have a horrible day today, but the conversation on this board make me feel better.
I have a really big problem.
My parent just talk to me today about marriage. Yes, I freak out badly, the worse part is they engage for me. They told me to think about it. What should I do. They're really serious. It's traditional, I hate it. I'm not joking either [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Right,listen to me... You choose your own path in life,noone can take that,no one has the right to stop that.You do what you feel is right. I'm behind you all the way,PM me if you need to talk more....;)
Posted
Well, how bad can you feel when I've got something like that...............

My parents keep saying "oooooo, well, it's about time your father had a talk to you about the facts of life" or something along them lines.........

Don't worry, I'm behind you all the way too........
Posted
good lord. you've gotta stick up for yourself, morningdew. this is america, for christsake. what do you think of the guy, anyway?

if my parents ever betrothed me, i'd tell 'em to screw themselves then i'd get married to my best guy friend just so it wouldn't happen... & i'd have a lover on the side to satisfy me...

remember, morningdew, you're the only one that can say "i do"!
Posted
explain to them how you feel, tell them your just not ready to be married yet, your still to young, and that you wouldn't want to be married to someone if you didn't love them, what they done is pretty stupid, I know its traditional, they're probably religious, but just tell them how you feel about the whole matter, tell them that who they think is the perfect guy for you, is not who YOU think is the perfect guy for you....
Posted
[color=blue] Thanks for responding everyone. I'm shock when they told me that. I haven't talk to my parent yet, I have to find the right word/place/time to do it. Not only them, but I have to face my relative, there's is much pressure. I go to the same college with that guy too. [/color]
Posted
[COLOR=royalblue]Well whatever you decide to do I'll be behind you and I hope the best. But Iagree with everyone here. If you don't want to do it then don't. and if your parents don't listen bring someone from inside the family who understands where you're coming from. That way if your parents try to down you or degrade your opinion...you'll have someone next to you who will support your thoughts and make you feel stronger about yourself....But if your parents say that you have no choice..Then I personally would leave...(but that depends on age) How old are you anyways...Also..if you seem to be attracted to the person...See what he's like..you know get to know him..do your own research....that way when you tell your parents...." Hell no I'm not gonna marry him" then you be able to tell them why because you'll have spent time with this person and realize he ain't the one...If it does turn out good,..but you don't wanna get married at a young age...then tell you parents..."I wanna marry him, but at my own time. Right now I'm not ready for such a serious relationship and I want to get myself together before taking such a big leap in life." I hope what I said helps...and keep us posted on what happens...[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i]
[B][color=blue] Sweet, if you want to know about my background, I can PM you. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=royalblue] Cool go ahead then I'd like to hear about it...and if I can give any advice I'd be glad to help you out anytime ok.[/COLOR]
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
3 words:-
IM
A
LESBIAN
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]3 words:-
IM
A
LESBIAN [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue] Are you nut? I can't say that. Nothing special, my parent won't kill me or anything, I won't freak anyone. I just can't say that, if I do, I'll have a big big problem [/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i]
[B]

[color=blue] Are you nut? I can't say that. Nothing special, my parent won't kill me or anything, I won't freak anyone. I just can't say that, if I do, I'll have a big big problem [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=royalblue] Well they should love you for who you are...but I agree...don't lie..cause when they find that out.....they'll be even more pissed.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B]
[COLOR=royalblue] Well they should love you for who you are...but I agree...don't lie..cause when they find that out.....they'll be even more pissed.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue] It's not that I'm worry about. It's something else. [/color]

[color=green] Sweet, check your PM [/color]
Posted
I wish I could help a little...but I can only say words just like everone else. I think first determine the wording to like "no" or something like that. You know your parents better than all of us so we cant actually tell you to say exact words.:) Like maybe if you can meditate for a while, you can probablly find a way to get out of this mess. I feel sry for you. Because you are old you can already say you can move out of the house. that might be a good Idea. Well....sry if I didnt help but with all of us here I think it sure supported emotional help. I'm behind you all the way. Oh and by the way I cant PM you anymore bacause your PM thing is filled up. It says its full or something.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Damn it, tell them that you are not ready for any type of marrige yet and tell them to stop being so old fashioned... + I belive that you don't want to get married at all yes?[/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...