OtakuBoards

Favorite Final Fantasy Game

Burori

My most favorite FF game was and always will be FF IX. I love the story to it and it leaves you in a bit of a stump the first time around. It was also well done for the last game on the PS system before upgrading to PS2. A good fair well sort of speak.

How about you? Fav. FF Game? Why?

Well, hopefully more people have played stuff prior to VII than this is leading me to believe.

In my opinion, FFIV was the best. The characters were developed beyond the first three games, but not so much that you're forced into movie-like situations with personalities completely forced on you. There was still so room for imagination, which I liked.

The story wasn't all that special, I suppose, but it was adequate and had a nice amount of turns. The battle system was solid, no different than most games before or after it in the series. However, I loved the fact that you learned magic by gaining levels ala Dragon Quest. I hated buying spells prior to that and I am not a fan of leveling up Espers or Materia by comparison.

It was a fun game, in any case. VI is a close second for me. After that, I really don't care for most of the other titles enough to call them favorites.

Prolly FFX - followed by FFVII - and then FFIII.

My only major issue with FFVII was the materia system - you could have one character develop a Steal materia, for example, and when you'd mastered it, just "pass it on" to another character... that's silly. That REALLY doesn't make a lot of sense - it made learning skills far to easy. Another example, for those of you who still know what I'm talking about, I equipped Cid EARLY in the game with as many HP plus and MP plus materia as his weapons would allow (since his weapons had the largest ridiculous number of unlinked slots) and just mastered all of them with relative ease. Then I just passed on the materia to other characters... I mean... so simple! Materia learned and mastered by one character should have to stay with that character... or there should've been at least some sort of penalty for moving them around.

FFX was great - amazing graphics - fantastic summons - greattttttt characters - and I LOVED the sphere grid. THAT was an amazing skills tree - characters could learn each other's skills, but it involved a lengthy traveling process (usually) to go do it. The story was also great - the only thing that allowed was Titus' voice...

And III, well, that was just a great game. Hilarious secret characters, a great diversity in skills, and of course, a fantastic storyline. The only reason I place it 3rd is because if I were to play it now, the graphics would put me to sleep. I'm a product of the times... :)

EDIT: At 3:00 AM, I TOTALLY forgot to mention the game that WingNut has so thoughtfully brought back to mind - Final Fantasy Tactics. Now THAT is a game I can go back to over and over. Despite some major flaws... (There are two types of battles - the random ones as you travel from map point to map point, and the set story line battles. While the random battle monsters have levels equalling your highest level character [thereby increasing their attack power, health, etc., etc.], the storyline battle characters exist at set levels. So, if you've played the game as many times as I have and were feeling vicious, you could level up LIKE MAD in the beginning of the game, and then proceed through the rest of it like a cakewalk. A CAKEWALK.

But, all in all, a fantastic skills and class system - it's a shame that FFT:Advanced only came out for GBA. While I'm not how good of a game it was, at least it was sequel. Also, FFT is NOT for the typical Final Fantasy fan, which is a shame, because the concept is absolutely fantastic.

Thanks Wingnut

[color=teal]I think FFVII is seriously overrated. The whole concept of it is just plain and simple, and not really at all that challenging. It was great at the time, but now that the series has evolved so much I don't really want to think of it as the best.

The battle systems in all the games are great, and I'll always count on Square to reel something new in each time. FFXII sounds very similar to XI in terms of battle systems though, except it has a few newer features like extended character AI and stuff, but none the less I think that ToS would be good match maker for it heh.

To answer the question, my favourite FF game of all time is FFT. I'm a big fan of tactical gaming and FFT implements the criteria very well in almost every way, particularly the characters and the battles... they're just so fitting. FFTA was also pretty good, but only if you're on the go. I mean, it just doesn't compare to FFT because it seems to be the exact opposite of it in a very diluted way.

But the best part of it comes from what Balmon was saying; the way you learn skills. Equipment is the equivalent of materia, and only characters who have mastered that certain piece of equipment can benefit from it. That encourages you to make use of the battles in different ways and forcefully puts Square's innovations upon players.[/color]

[color=#707875]I feel like I have answered this question many times before, but I might as well have another go. ~_^

I personally find it really difficult to choose a "favourite" Final Fantasy title. Looking back, I'm not even sure which versions I've played. I've played the original and I think I played IV...but I tend to get pretty confused about the way the naming/numbers break down.

There are a few important factors with the whole series though, I think. I tend to find that people have a sense of nostalgia about their first Final Fantasy -- whether it's a pre-VII title or a post-VII title (or in most cases, VII itself).

But looking back over the series, I can honestly say that I've enjoyed every single one of the games I've played, on some level.

In regard to the PSX versions, I enjoyed FFVII for so many reasons -- its strong story, great characters, moody and emotional atmosphere and strong battle system. I enjoyed VIII primarily as a result of its story, I think. It wasn't particularly a groundbreaking story, but VIII had a unique atmosphere that I still enjoy. The battle system was okay, but I was let down by it. It was somewhat disappointing - Junctioning was needlessly complex and frustrating at times.

In my opinion, IX was the biggest letdown, for one major reason -- the story was awful. IX had many great ingredients. It had a beautiful art design, it had a strong soundtrack and it had cool and unique characters (Quina Quen is still an enigma to me ~_^). But the story was so predictable. The whole Garland/Kuja thing was like something you'd find in a "Famous RPG Cliches" book.

So that disappointed me. Otherwise, I enjoyed IX; the battle system seemed like a more refined version of what VII had.

Then there was X. X was gorgeous and it has my favourite RPG battle system, at least, from what I've played of RPGs in general. I really enjoyed it. I'm [i]almost [/i]disappointed to hear that they're changing it in future. I say "almost", because the replacement seems pretty interesting.

But at the same time, I really did not get into the story. It just seemed very flat and uninteresting to me. Some of the puzzles annoyed me (those sphere puzzles -- you know the ones -- I thought they were the most annoying part of the game). I didn't find them fun on any level and to me, it was a case of saying "phew, now that's over, I can actually have fun again." Games just shouldn't be like that. lol

And then there's the pretty lousy voice acting and the kinda-hard-to-believe love story. I just couldn't connect with X's characters like I could with the characters in previous games (especially VII).

I can't comment on XI, as I haven't played it...I can only say that I probably wouldn't be too interested in it, based on all the comments I have read. And I have yet to play X-2.

Overall, it's very hard for me to decide. I enjoyed all of the Final Fantasy games I've played. Final Fantasy is often criticized for being too stagnant and so on...but really, if you throw away those criticisms and just sit and play it, I think you can come away feeling very satisfied with your experience. I'm sure there are better RPGs out there (I know I've definitely played plenty of games that seriously challenge Final Fantasy), but by the same token, there is something truly unique about Final Fantasy. You know you're playing a FF game, in the same way that you know you're playing Mario or Zelda. And I think that's probably a good thing.

If I really had to choose, I'd probably go for Final Fantasy VII. It's easy, given the passage of time, to dismiss that game. But I think it's probably possible to do that with Super Mario 64 as well -- a game which had a tremendous impact during the time of its launch.

While I wouldn't say that VII is the RPG of all RPGs...it's certainly one of the biggest titles in the genre and for good reason. [/color]

Guest Pseudo
I've only played FF8 and up so...I'd hve to say FFX and then FF9.

Final Fantasy X had a great story and creative characters. It was a ton of fun to play and the FMV parts were well done. It was also my first FF experience, which is probably why I picked it. And the fact that I played it through about five times.

Final Fantasy 9 has more cuddly, loveable characters and a great plot, too. I liked the more midievil theme in this one compared to the Sci-Fi one in FF8. This one may not be my favorite, but it holds a special place in my video game heart.

[SIZE=1]Indeed this question has been asked and answered many times before, however I see no reason to break with tradition just yet. Like many people here I started off on Final Fantasy VII, I had played it at a friends house and right away I thought there was something special about the game. Looking back, and have played a few other Final Fantasy games I realise that the story wasn't exactly brilliant but there were so many other things that attracted me to the game.

The character's were all well formed (at least most of them, I've never been a great fan of Cait Sith), lucid and human with their own hopes and agendas. The back-story was a little hard to follow sometimes, and had to be explained to me by a friend who did actually understand it. The graphics weren't the greatest in the world but they did the job with finesse and the Cutscenes did their job very respectably, overall it was a very enjoyable game.

I played Final Fantasy VIII after that but I never really got into the game, the graphics were updated and looked more realistic, but I just couldn't get into the swing of it. I thought the storyline was decent enough, if a little predictable but the characters were just a little too one-dimensional for my tastes in that instance.

I got a loan of the Final Fantasy X demo disk from a classmate and I have to admit that I was instantly captivated by the game. The graphics and cutscenes were absolutely beautiful, and the story was so different from a normal Final Fantasy game. It had the mystery and intrigue of VII but it didn't confuse the heck out of you when you tried to make sense of it, granted it may have been a little linear but I liked it none the less. The character's were one of the high points of the game for me, I thought the voice-overs were actually pretty decent but it seems the general consensus thinks otherwise. I thought the love-story between Tidus and Yuna was a little predictable and some of the other character's lacked the depth of their VII counterparts but I still enjoyed the game to a great degree.

My latest dip into the Final Fantasy world brings me to my favourite Final Fantasy VI (or III depending on you're perspective). The story is at best captivating and at worst interesting so it's hard not to think of it as being great, the side stories are filled to bursting point with the presents and pasts of a vast majority of the main characters as well as the villains and major NPCs. The sprites are all well detailed and the cut-scenes are in my own opinion better than those of VII, at least the cutscenes or the PSOne version of the game are.

The characters are my personal favourite part to this game; each of them is so different rather than simple fighter, healer, etc. that are sometimes seen in other games. Edgar was by far the most interesting character, as he had to deal with so many different issues wondering what to do for his kingdom against the Empire. I'm only about a quarter of the way through the game, moving on to the Esper Realm so I can't give a fully detailed account but so far I think it's definitely the best of the series.[/SIZE]

Man, just looking at this thread makes me feel so new to the RPG genre!

I started my Final Fantasy story with X, about a couple of months ago, and I'm really enjoying the experience.

I'd say that at first, watchign some FMV sequences got me interested in the game, as they were visually stunning, and I still think so too, I'm very impressed with X's visuals, but more recently, I've come to enjoy it's engrossing story, a story that I'd rank very highly, as far as my gaming experiences have taken me, at least.

I've yet to see how the whole story wraps up, but so far, so good.

[color=#4B0082]Just a note to people: Short, undetailed posts that say practically nothing more than "FF whatever is awesome!" have been and will continue to be deleted.

Myself, I started out with FFVII.... Kind of. FFVII was the first FF game that I actually played, but when I was little I watched my brothers play through most of FFIV (SNES FFII) and FFVI (SNES FFIII), so those are the games that I really feel like I started out with. They were my first experience with Final Fantasy, if not the first Final Fantasy game that I played.

That, combined with my general preference of 2D over 3D, has led me to be more partial to the pre-FFVII games. But even so, I find it very difficult to point to just one game and say "That's my absolute favorite." The reason being, each game in the series that I've played has had various things that I liked, and some I didn't. And when you're trying to compare games as a whole, that can make things hard.

Right now though, if I did have to pick just one . . . I'm still not sure which it would be. I find for me, FFVI is the most well-rounded game; I like every part of it, even if I like similar parts from other games more. And on the other hand I've got FFTA, which is pretty much just the opposite for me. I absolutely loved the battle and magic systems, yet I found the characters (well, except for Ritz, heh) and storyline were both extremely cheesy and boring. So I liked one side of the game more than any other FF game, yet I disliked its other side more than any other FF game. And in the end, I really have no idea whether I like FFVI or FFTA more overall.

Though another one of my favorites, for much the same reasons as Tony stated, is FFIV. I loved every character in the game, and how you get just enough of their personality to see what kind of person they are, but a lot is still left up to you to imagine. (Cecil is, without a doubt, my favorite character in the series.) The battle and magic system itself was simple and enjoyable, but each character was pretty unique in what abilities they could get, so you had to learn how to best make use of them. And that's something that I found added some actual difficulty to the game, which was nice.

And relating to that, one thing that's always annoyed me in some of the later FF games is that [i]everyone[/i] is a magic user, and most of the time they're also all good with magic. Cloud from FFVII is a good example: He's both the most powerful physical fighter and one of the best magic users in the game. (This is probably the main thing I dislike about FFVI, also.) In those games anyone can whip out a cure spell at any time, making the amount of strategy needed for most fights drop to almost none, and I think that makes the game way easier than it would otherwise be.

I'm really glad, though, that Square seems to be moving away from the "everyone's a magic user" thing. FFIX was a lot like FFIV in its set character classes, and FFX did a good job of regulating it while still allowing a lot of freedom to customize the characters. While everyone in FFX has the option of learning magic, it can take a long time get to the correct path on the Sphere Grid, and even then they're not going to be nearly as good with it because they have a lot lower magic stat. So you have the ability to make the characters complete powerhouses in every area, it just takes a huge amount of leveling.

Now I think I'll kill this post before it gets too rambly, heh.[/color]

Hmm.. well i started the FF series on X (nonono, not "x" the drug, S**t who taught you people) and i have got X-2 since around february or sumthing. I really like X-2 because of the dynamic gameplay, the fact that the main characters are girls ( :love: ) and that the gameplay is so long with so many very well done movies and cinemas in it. The story is well put together and makes for fun gameply.

Another thing i like, not necessarily just for X-2 and X, is the fact that the monsters and characters are so unique looking and behaving.

Its nice to have a good, long decent game to play where the main characters are girls. most games these days have male characters, and, honestly, not being a pervert or anything i like the gameplay with girls better.

[font=century gothic][size=1][color=royalblue] Well my FF experience is abit limited(ive only played 7-9 and 11) but ill give a go at this nonetheless.

Im going to cheat abit though because there really isnt any ONE game that I like more then the others...Each has strong points and weak ones.

FF7's best aspect has to be the characters hands-down. The gameplay was kind of so-so and the story telling abit muddled but the characters where really what made the game for me.

As for FF8 its one large redeeming factor was the storyline. I loved the story of FF8 more then any of the others. But almost everything else in the game was unpleasent to me...I really hated the junction system and some of the characters where downright annoying. But again great story.

If I had to lean towards one game as a favorite it would probably be FF9. Certain parts of the story where kinda strange but I loved otherparts aswell. All of the characters where really fun(Especially steiner and vivi) and I absolutely loved the overall look of the game. The same praise goes to the gameplay. I loved that you got 4 chracters and that everyone had there role instead of being all interchangable.

FF11 I hate to even mention...That stupid game was insanely addicitive but in the end it was pretty horrid which was even more annoying...How could a bad game be so addicitive? I have no idea but ill warn all of you to stay away from it. (youll know what I mean if you get to around lvl 50+)

So yea thats my take on the handfull of FF games ive played...I really should pick up some of the older ones because I hear there quite good and im not really hung up on gfx (I actually enjoy 2-d :cool: )

***edit***

My apologies I completely forgot that ive played and beat FFT about a dozen times lol...Completely slipped my mind...Personally I love the IDEA of FFT and such but sometimes the game can be extremely frustrating in the fact that many enemies later on have one hit kills and its much, much too easy to lose your characters that you worked so hard and long on. Needless to say I did alot of resets. :flaming: [/color][/font][/size]

My favorite of the series is definitely VI. Firstly, for sentimental reasons (it was the first Final Fantasy game I played) and also because it's the FF game whose gameplay I've enjoyed the most. I agree with Desbreko when he says that it's the most well-rounded game in the series.

One of my major complaints with VII is that the battles are terribly slow (to me, anyway). VI's battles are a bit speedier and IX's (my second favorite game in the series) battles are much faster and more streamlined. When you're spending at least half the game battling, then it's to your benefit to have a battle system in your hands that's not slow lol.

VI's characters are also another strong point for the game. The story is fairly basic, but it's worth paying attention to because of the wealth of different characters and personalities you come into contact with during the game. And it's not just on the heroes side, too...Kefka was the last truly interesting Final Fantasy villain, character-wise, in my opinion.

I also liked the whole feel of FFVI - it feels like you're going on a real adventure throughout the game, with the combination of the character's personalities and the rousing music. You just get a great feeling throughout the game.

Keep in mind that I've not played any FF games before V or after IX, so my opinions on Final Fantasy games are a tad "incomplete" you might say, heh.

FINAL FANTASY VII!! that is the best ff game ever .. no question about it. first the game is really funie to play with all the jokes wrapped up in the storry ... and the cool summons u can do..... and then... man i mean .. the story... so deap and just as u think u get a bit of it ... it all turns in a totaly different direction and u just sit there amazed that it was like that all the time.. its a master peice.. with wonderfull movies for that time... [spoiler]like when sephiroth falls from the sky peircing the praying Aeris..... or when u see sephiroth walk amongst the flames of the burning middelheim.....[/spoiler] and then u have the perfect charecters like barret ... man soo goddamn fun he is.. but yet he has such a dark past behind him.. and aeris a young girl whose past is in shadows.... man FF VII is THE best game ever.. just so u know it!! :flaming:

after that i would say FF IX i just love the inviroments in the game.. and the loveble vivvi that is like the coolest character in the whole game....(maybe the whole series?) and the evil evil bad guys.... damn their cool.... and the movies are cool to.. and the fighting system is to me the best (maybe with an exeption of FF X) couse its fast and nicely done.. though some of the summons are a bit long to me.... but they make that up in the frekkin coolnes theve got =P

[color=#4B0082]I added spoiler tags. Please remember to use them in the future, and if you don't know how, read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=40627][u]sticky thread[/u][/url] about them at the top of the forum. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[color=teal]I've played all of the FF games from VI onwards with the exception of XI, and all I can say is that each have got their own styles that make them exceptionally unique to the rest. I don't think I'll ever get around to playing some of the earlier instalments because they're too slow for me to keep track of, and I'm fairly impatient heh.

I've summarised a few of the games in specific categories where I felt they deserved a mention or two, though I'm relatively easy going, but it was in these areas that I thought they truly stood out/lacked from the rest.

[b]Gameplay[/b]

This is probably the most important aspect in any game, and is generally the one that will determine the fate of the RPG in total.

FFX was balanced out pretty well and made for a more challenging battle system regardless of how powerful or defenceless some of the enemies may have been. It doesn't matter that everyone can eventually master the whole sphere grid, thus learning every ability there is, because not all of the characters are purposed to use everything, unlike FFVII where it's anybody's ball game. With that in mind, Square didn't ignore the fact that some characters wouldn't stand a chance against certain enemies, which is why I think that the ability to switch characters within battles was a good move so as it could accommodate your specific needs, and hardly qualified as being broke.

The Materia slots in FFVII wasn't much of a disappointment, really, it was just the way that Square implemented them into the battle scene. I don't have a problem with how easy it is to actually combine or set materia, nobody likes a complicated system, it's just how seemingly irrelevant they were. The only use they had was to enable whatever spell they were assigned for with any certain character? I suppose that supportive materia had some resolution around it but as far as that I wasn't all that pleased with it.

FFIX was great and I found it to be a lot more fun. Unfortunately I didn't play it all the way through because some events in the game bored the hell out of me to the point that I just grew tired of it quickly. What I had played of it though was genuine fun, and it's a shame that there wasn't enough of that to throw me back into it each time I slacked off. Vivi accompanying Steiner's sword spells was a good idea, and I'm guessing that it got more challenging along the way because you wouldn't always have the two paired up for the most part, so you'd have to rethink your strategy.

[b]Story[/b]

Possibly what the FF games are most famous for heh, but I wouldn't go so far as to praise them so much for it.

FFVII had a story that wasn't deep at all, but had the odd twist and turn every now and then. Most of the characters are relevant to the outcome of the game, and fortunately they weren't left at that because each one has their own past that sort of gives you some idea of what they're like and why they're doing what they do in the present. Even Yuffie and Vincent (who arguably play minor roles) have their own share, maybe not so much for Yuffie, but definitely Vincent. Any type of character could've been given Vincent's role alongside Lucrecia whether they were playable or not, but Square incorporated a very fitting cast for him that somewhat reflected his past and a few other's personality, namely Sephiroth and the Turks. It wasn't necessary, but they did it.

FFX wasn't so much in this department either, and it became far too predictable from Tidus' acquaintance with Wakka in the beginning of the game. I suppose that the only buzz I received from it was when you find out [spoiler]the fate of the summoner who defeats Sin[/spoiler], but even then I could tell what was going to happen.

[b]Graphics[/b]

Well, clearly they've improved as the games have progressed, there's no denying that. FFTA had very smooth and crisp visuals for a 32 bit game on the GBA. There may been a few jerks every now and then but they weren't anything you'd lose sleep over. The detail on some of the stages made it seem as if you weren't on a random chunk of 3D terrain and managed to put some glamour into it, plus some of the stages were aligned so as the difficulty would either increase or decrease with it, so stages with high ledges would be meddlesome unless you had equipment to help you jump higher, and stages with mostly water would stop you from attacking from close range, encouraging different types of gameplay, but there were ways around it.

FFVIII was good enough for the PlayStation as well, it certainly beat FFIX. I think that was because FVIII felt a lot more realistic in terms of its overall design; the clothes, the weapons, the characters, dialogue? it all adds up. I guess you could say the same for FFX since many of the designs shared the same attributes as VIII, in both backgrounds and characters, and others looked unique because of the colour scheme applied to them, which made the main characters stand out even more.

Anyhow, for those who actually read this, sorry it's lengthy. I can't sleep because of the weather and I'm really lost for a good time killer.[/color]

really.. i think that FF VII had the best storry of them all, and that really FF VIII actually sucked elephant butt. i mean the game really dident have any appeal to keep playing it.
but yet i think that FF IX has much much better graphics than FF VIII both in game and the scenematics section. and really the FF game that was funniest to play thrue was number VII and IX, no doubt about it. though FF X was kind of a dissapointment to me, i mean the battle system was great and the storry(sure a little predictible)was well... good... but the gaming was not fun at all in the begining when you were supposed to run around to all the shrines and run throu the mazes there it just tired me out really much... but the game itself had some really funnie things like learning the new language, and the blitzbal tournaments. =) really fun stuff. hence FF VIII had actually almost no such things, i also think that most of the characters in the game was stiff and sometimes boring.... :(

[QUOTE=Wingnut Ninja][color=teal]
FFVII had a story that wasn't deep at all, but had the odd twist and turn every now and then.[/color]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you can possibly say the story wasn't deep. It may be because FFVII was my first RPG ever, but I absolutely loved it. (I'm generally a mega Square-fan but I don't praise them for everything they've done, no matter whether I like the stuff or not.)

I just felt FFVII's story just kept you pushing on and on. Sure, there's been many fiction books out there that have been about a group of teens and adults out to save the world, but I found 7's to be pretty spectacular.

I found myself talking to pretty much every NPC after key events to try and follow some of their mini-storylines, because some of them had very interesting ones. Alot of RPG's don't encourage this as a majority of NPC's appear to only say, "The town's dog has gone missing!" or "Save her highness!" I know I exaggerated, lol.

I also appreciated the fact that Square gave each and every character a back story. Perhaps some may not have had the most original, but upon every eventful encounter with them, they revealed something about themselves. For example, as you said, Vincent's relationship with Lucrecia and the Turks. Or, [spoiler]Aeris's tapes about her parents in the snowy town.[/spoiler] Bah, look at me. I call myself a fan, and yet I can't even remember the name of some of the locations, heh. I really enjoyed finding out about Cid and Cait Sith. Actually, I should stop giving examples as I found a majority of them compelling. Barrett's one made me quite emotional.

As much as I respect people's opinions of not liking 7 so much, or even hating it, I don't think there's any evidence to disagree with the fact that VII was deep. Sure, some bits seem cliche now, but it was my first and I hadn't experienced anything like it.

[color=teal]Well, I thought the main plothole wasn't that great, and that's not to say that I've seen better. The motive for all the characters being there in the first place revolves around that obviously, and in a sense you could say that certain character's backgrounds were almost like side-quests, which usually have an appeal of being more fun to watch or play through. To me, that made the main storyline seem like a chore of some sort, making it harder for me to enjoy it as much.

What makes talking to NPCs so interesting is partly due to how you would look at them in perspective, and the fact that they may appear as secretive or irrelevant makes you want to know more about the subject at hand. Some events were a bit out of the way too. I remember seeing in Shinmaru's myO that he disliked how you'd need to [spoiler]return to the basement in Nibelheim to see the extra sequence of Cloud and Zack after splitting up[/spoiler]... maybe if things like that were more noticeable in the world of FFVII then the stories that tend to go off track would make more sense to people.[/color]

[size=1][color=blue]Spoiler tags, man. Spoiler tags. - Shinmaru[/size][/color]

Actually you make a good point. The main storyline as a whole wasn't anything original, but the 'side-stories' were incredible.

[quote]I remember seeing in Shinmaru's myO that he disliked how you'd need to [spoiler]return to the basement in Nibelheim to see the extra sequence of Cloud and Zack after splitting up[/spoiler]...[/quote]

I agree with you on that. It was just some intuition thing I had that I needed to return to the mansion because I realised I hadn't explored the bottom and always wondered why [spoiler]Vincent was in that coffin.[/spoiler]

My only gripe really was the unexplained Zack thing. I constantly talked to his parents but nothing informative came out of their blue, dialogue-box speaking mouths.

In a sense FFVII feels incomplete now. For example, that 1/16 soldier thing. There's no real point to it. Gah, I sound so cynical now, lol.

Storyline-wise, the whole debacle with [spoiler]returning to the Shin-Ra mansion to get the whole flashback with Cloud and Zack[/spoiler] remains my biggest complaint about FFVII's storyline. I really do think that FFVII had a good storyline, but if Square hadn't have half-assed that particular part of the game, then the story wouldn't confuse [i]half[/i] as many people as it currently does, honestly.

[quote name='Zidargh]I agree with you on that. It was just some intuition thing I had that I needed to return to the mansion because I realised I hadn't explored the bottom and always wondered why [spoiler']Vincent was in that coffin.[/spoiler][/quote]

Stuff like this is how I stumbled upon that particular part. My first time through the mansion, I didn't really take the time to search around the mansion or anything, so I'd left a lot of stuff missing (such as the [spoiler]monster in the safe[/spoiler] and some of the other items strewn throughout the rooms in the mansion). For all I know, that might be how Square planned for people to find it, but that's a pretty lazy, haphazard way of going about things.

EDIT: I just don't want any complaints from people lol. It doesn't seem sort of hypocritical to spoiler that information, though, doesn't it? XD

Oh well, people can always highlight the spoiler tags, anyway lol. That way, if they find out the info, they can't complain because it's their own fault.

[quote name='Wingnut Ninja][color=teal]I remember seeing in Shinmaru's myO that he disliked how you'd need to [spoiler]return to the basement in Nibelheim to see the extra sequence of Cloud and Zack after splitting up[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

[color=teal]I thought I was doing everyone a favour by telling them that lol, but you're the boss.

Anyway, it's a hugely important bit of information as far as the story goes. When [spoiler]Zack's parents ask Cloud about him in the ruined reactor,[/spoiler] it makes you believe that you'll eventually reach some kind of compulsory conclusion about it. You do learn of [spoiler]Zack's happenings[/spoiler] in all respect, but not in the most expected way.

I think that the flash back would've been better off as a random thing that happened throughout the course of the game because afterall, the basement of the Shinra Mansion isn't the most memorial place on the world map.[/color]

Another FF game I have grown addictive to is the original FF IV, FF V, and FF VI

For the FF IV you get a dark knight as a main character ^_^. The battle system for its time seemed quite impressive since it was a Nintendo brand.

FF V: Sweet mother of flying mythical pinguins! You get a Chocobo as your best friend. The system it seems for this one was again NES but it was still great for the system. I have not finished this game but I look forward to the storyline.

FF VI: The mythical FF VI. Terra was awsome in this game. Kefka, always the creepy clown and the game poccessed the most amount of humor than any other FF game.

My favorite FF game would have to be FFX. I like the characters a lot and I thought the storline was pretty good I especially liked the little twist at the end. Most people I know didn't like the grid system but I did made the game a little more challenging also the graphics were pretty good execpt for the shakey characters when they talked. All in all i'd say it was a great game but thats just my opinion.

• 5 months later...
I think final fantasy 7 was the best. At the time it came out I thought it was the best game ever, It was beautifully made, I just loved the GC animation. At first I didn't like the storyline it confused me, but I realized that's what made me addicted to it.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Most favorite Final Fantasy was a tie between FF7 and FF8. Both had very good plots, and good battle system. Least favorite was FF10, I just couldn't get into it. I just didn't like the characters that much. Probably mostly to the voice actors. The voice actors just annoyed the hell out of me. [/FONT]

lol thats why i didnt care for FFX.....im my earlier post I didnt even mention FFXI. I love to play this MMORPG, as it is ever changing and the people too. I find myself loving to party up with Japanese players and go off on a 3 hour quest. It does, however, take alot of time to get ANYTHING done in the game, unless your just buying and selling at the Auction House (which for some reason, is quite fun) or leaving your PS2 over night to let people look at your Bazaar.