OtakuBoards

Who would you take a bullet for and who would you die for?

Krycifer

I hate too be an immediate party-pooper - but I will anyway. Until the situation actually comes up - you'll never know what you are truly willing to do when faced with death. So, the thread is a nice idea, but frankly, what you say now won't necessarily be what you'll say when the gun is pointed in your direction.

p

[QUOTE=Balmon]I hate too be an immediate party-pooper - but I will anyway. Until the situation actually comes up - you'll never know what you are truly willing to do when faced with death. So, the thread is a nice idea, but frankly, what you say now won't necessarily be what you'll say when the gun is pointed in your direction.

p[/QUOTE]

I agree with Balmon. You don't know what you'll do when the situation comes up. But like Balmon said, what you say now won't necessarily be what you'll say when the gun is pointed in your direction.

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]In all honest, probably no one.

Call me cold-hearted and a horrible person, but it's what I perceive to be the truth. Death is scary, permanent, and it's not like there's anywhere to go after it happens.

As long as you're alive, whether it's bearing unbelievable shame, guilt, or anything else, as far as I'm concearned, it's better than the alternative.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkviolet]I don't know, getting shot at isn't exactly one of my favorite past times, which could be why I never joined the military and I didn't become a drug dealer.

That however is [i]not[/i] the topic of this discussion so I guess i actually have to answer the question. I guess I'd have to say my husband, but only to return a favor since he's over in Iraq right now putting himself at risk...when he's not downloading music for his MP3 player or anime from one of his friends.

I figure that if he'd be willing to take a bullet for me or perhaps end up dying for me for who knows what reason I could do the same for him.

Of course, I want to avoid situations like that completely which is why I don't go to visit my mother-in-law, don't drive around too much with my brother and don't go hunting.[/color]

[COLOR=Navy]I don't really know how I'll act when I face death really.

When, I go paintballing, I hide a lot. >_>

Well, anyways, I am not afraid of dying. I am a Christian, so, I'll die when the Lord wills, and when it's my time. I am willing to be a martyr if that is what God wants me to be. I'll die for my beliefs if I have to.

I would do anything for my brother or sister...anything.[/COLOR]

I'd deffinately take a bullet for the President of the U.S. and any head of state, like all citizens should.

Ha!.....I'm just kiddin'.

But seriously, I really don't know who I would risk my life for. It could be anybody or nobody, depends on the situation.
I just hope I never have to find out......

[QUOTE=Godelsensei][COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]In all honest, probably no one.

Call me cold-hearted and a horrible person, but it's what I perceive to be the truth. Death is scary, permanent, and it's not like there's anywhere to go after it happens.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

True true some people can be really cowardice if death is staring you cold in the eye but I believe there are some that aren't afaid to die. To some death is just another demision in there life. They don't think its the end..only the start of another life or something. I think those people are ready to die for the people the truely care for...as well some people are trained to take bullets such as those idiots who are soppose to protect the president.

As for the question....If I was in the situation and I wasn't afraid....I'd protect those who are close to me (family, close friends, Bf...etc etc)

If I see a person I truly care for, I'm going to shake my head when the gun is turned to my direction. In other words, I'd let them get shot/die instead of me- hey, every man for himself. Yeah, that's cold, I know. Though if I was still alive after their death, the guilt would definately get to me, and I'd kill myself through starvation as a self-punishment, or something (what irony). Yeah, that's me for ya.

[QUOTE]I would die for me love ( my b/f) ,because he's just so beyond fine![/QUOTE]
Not to be rude, but I take it you're going to die for someone just because they look good? -_-

My family, my friends, and even my pets. I would take a bullet for anyone of them. But there are only a very select few people in the world that I would give my life for. One of them being a very close friend of mine. I wouldn't die for my brother though. Wierd how that works what with that old saying, "Blood is thicker than water". Now that I think about it, it's basically just my friends that I would die for. But the people I care about won't have to worry about being shot anytime soon.:) But you gotta make sure you truly love the person to die for them, cause you're not coming back.

That's a very hard question, you know. Whatever you say now, it's all gonna change when something like this actually does happen. I know it would for me, atleast. The thought of actually dieing for someone else would really hit me then, and I'd most likely have second thoughts.

My mum and dad, I can say I'd take a bullet for, without any hesitation. The same for my family. My friends have a place in there aswell.

But I honestly cannot give a straight answer. Like I said, it would all [i]really[/i] hit me when it actually does happen. That's when I'd make a decision. This isn't a ''thinking'' decision for me, I can't plan out and say who I would and wouldn't die for.

[QUOTE=Eli]If I see a person I truly care for, I'm going to shake my head when the gun is turned to my direction. In other words, I'd let them get shot/die instead of me- hey, every man for himself. Yeah, that's cold, I know. Though if I was still alive after their death, the guilt would definately get to me, and I'd kill myself through starvation as a self-punishment, or something (what irony). Yeah, that's me for ya.

Not to be rude, but I take it you're going to die for someone just because they look good? -_-[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but I also love him ^_^

[quote name='Mage_Rikku']Yeah, but I also love him ^_^[/quote]

Hm, I see. So yeah, I was curious. *shrugs*

...And as I think about it, good looks is one of the last things I would die for. I mean hey, if I were to die [I]just[/I] because someone looks good, I don't think I'd have lived to see my ninth birthday. :smirk: Yes, that's an amusing image.

(Hm, I wonder. Is it possible to die for yourself? I'm not talking about suicide, mind you. All the same, this is just a thought.)

[SIZE=1]Off-Topicness: The average life span on [I]Earth[/I] is 17[/SIZE].

Well for me, this is really hard. Because while love would move me to save anyone, I would hate it to be misinterpertated as something I did for the purpose of being remembered. I don't know, doing it out of love, and doing it because I would want to die heroically are two different things. I guess if I was to do that, I wouldn't want people to know I did. I would rather people remember me for the things I did when I was alive, rather the things I did when I died.

As to who I would die for, I guess it would be my family, and friends. But wouldn't it be natural though to want to save everyone? I don't know, if I saw someone I didn't know in the line of fire, I think my natural instinct would be to push that person out of the way. Wouldn't that be everyone's natural response?

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Darn...that's a hard question. But I'd have to say I would most likely take a bullet for any of my family members good or bad. Everybody deserves a second chance in my eye's. I would most likely also take a bullet for any of my friends. Or for anyone for that matter. Except the people who have taken life from this Earth. Other than that I would take a bullet for anybody.
-That concludes my reason's.-[/COLOR] :)

[QUOTE=Eli](Hm, I wonder. Is it possible to die for yourself? I'm not talking about suicide, mind you. All the same, this is just a thought.)

[/QUOTE]

Hmm... that's complex. To me, the answer is yes, but it's kind of hard to explain... you see, in my religion (I am a proud Muslim), if you die for your religion, then that's supposed to earn you very high regards from God. No, I'm not talking about the people you see on the news, nor am I talking about blowing myself up. You see, in Islam, Jihad means "struggle", sort of anyway. We're only supposed to war when other memebers of our religion are being threatened, or when we're being attacked. (no, I don't know who this general "we" is referring to.) For example, let's say that in China (where religion in general is looked down upon by the government) there are a secret group of muslims, who are being persecuted by the government. Let's say I were to go there, to protest. I'd go up, bring a news crew, and try to tell the world what was going on, with cameras and everything. I'd try to show that what was happening is wrong, and if I were to die in the ensuing struggle with their police.. well, then I'd be held in more favor in the eyes of God, and earn a higher reward in Heaven. Is this making any sense to you? I'm not a religious scholar... but that's how I think it works anyway. If anyone with more Islamic knowledge than I sees a mistake in my view on this, please PM to correct it.

[color=orange][size=2][font=times new roman]Whoa? odd thread topic. I do have to agree with most people, though. I won?t know till it happens ? and that isn?t likely to happen at all. In fact, I am a coward. ^_^ Yes, bluntly put, I know. But I am. I flinch at a soccer ball, okay?(SO maybe a soccer ball is an okay thing to be afraid of, but what can I say?)

I just realized something? reading through this thread? its most likely that I would die for my brother than any one else in my family. No matter how much of a pain he can be, I love him to bits. I?ve actually taken blows for him, before. One boy was provoking him because he knew Lee had a short temper.. so when the older sister stepped in to ?get Lee away? I stepped in. I probably would have waited, but ganging up on someone is just not? okay, I?m getting off topic.

But really: you never know. I have some funky dreams, though, so I never know what I would do. There is only one other person I would take a bullet for without a thought(not my parents, they can take care of themselves) and that is Alia, my BFFL and godsister. I love her inside and out, and I would jump in the way of a freight train if it would save her life. Same for Lee. But that?s just me. ^_^ For anyone else I would probably stand there screaming and crying and just praying that they don?t die. Woo, now my fingers are tired.[/color][/font][/size]

(( i always thought Jihad meant holy war meh )

I wouldnt take a bullet full stop fortunatly i live in britain were there are only 68 gun crimes a year so with the population of the UK at roughly 56 million my chances are very slim so im am very unlikely to be put in this situation therefore im not gonna answer. heh heh heh

[FONT=Tahoma]well i think i'd take a bullet for my 2 best guy friends, because they have really been there for me when no one else has even cared of my existance in points of time, and they would most likely would take a bullet for me. so i think that is who i'd probably take a bullet for, i dont know about my family.. maybe my dad because he actually cares, the rest of them wouldnt take a bullet for me and mostly wish i was dead already ^_^ but thats okay, i am fine with that.[/FONT]