Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
ok, I know I'm new, and most of you probably gonna think I'm just another stupid newbie, but I don't care, I want to discuss the transportation system, I want to know what its like where you live, it completely and utterly sucks in the UK, buses are always late, there are buses saying "1 every 8 minutes" and take about 30 minutes to arrive, the train system also sucks because they're always working on the rails which means trains getting delayed by up to 3 hours, the trains take a long time to reach their destinations themselves for that matter. the london undergrounds also sucks, my ears pop everytime I go in one of them, very uncomfortable I tell ya
Posted
You're not a stupid newbie, you just think you are.

Our transport system sucks aswell in Australia.Buses are always late here too, and lately we've had a few major problems with the trains system.But I don't travel on trains, and I only ever travel on buses on the was to and from school.And the Air travel has had a dive to the ground with this terrorist attack thing.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]Over here, we have Bay Area Rapid Transit or BART...it's a series of electically powered rail cars that move at high speed throughout the bay area. It goes underwater across the bay and around the cities, mainly San Francisco.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]You're not a stupid newbie, you just think you are.

Our transport system sucks aswell in Australia.Buses are always late here too, and lately we've had a few major problems with the trains system.But I don't travel on trains, and I only ever travel on buses on the was to and from school.And the Air travel has had a dive to the ground with this terrorist attack thing. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does suck. Except for buses; They're always on time where I live...
Posted
the buses in the UK really suck, this one time I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for a bus, I complained to the driver when it finally came, he kicked me off, 20 minutes later and another bus came
Posted
[SIZE=1]Warlock, where do you live in Australia? Because in Perth there are these buses called Blue Cats and they come round the stops, clockwise every 8 mins. It's good, and you don't have to pay!! :D
But in the UK they definatly suck.[/SIZE]
Posted
I don't know about the bus situation in the us because I don't take them on a regular basis. I either get a ride ir juust walk to anywhere I want to go.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlock [/i]
[B]

Yeah, it does suck. Except for buses; They're always on time where I live... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]I disagree. The Melbourne train system is excellent (much better than Sydney), and the tram system is very good too...except it can get crowded at peak periods.

But mostly, I've had good experiences with Melbourne transport.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson][size=1]I disagree. The Melbourne train system is excellent (much better than Sydney), and the tram system is very good too...except it can get crowded at peak periods.

But mostly, I've had good experiences with Melbourne transport.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Ever been to Perth? That is excellent![/SIZE]
Posted
Hm..Hawaii has no subways. We have a city bus and adults pay $1.50 while students/kids pay .75 cents. It used to be $1.00 and .50 cents...curse them. The bus is actually ok. It's the people.......

The bus is usually on time at A:15 and A:43.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]Ever been to Perth? That is excellent![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope.......don't want to either, I think it is a lonely city........
Posted
the transportation system in the UK sucks, which is why I try and drive to places in my car as much as possible instead, sometimes I have to use the bus, its hell, what more can I say....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the transportation system in the UK sucks, which is why I try and drive to places in my car as much as possible instead, sometimes I have to use the bus, its hell, what more can I say.... [/B][/QUOTE]

remember that one time when we had to go to stourbridge and had to wait 1 goddamn hour for the bus, it was raining too, and I was hungry, I bought a burger from Mc Donalds, I was happy :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...