Mia67 Posted September 18, 2005 Posted September 18, 2005 I am so going to get Animal Crossing: Wild World. The Gamecube version was great and I loved it. The added wi-fi feature will make it even better letting you visit people from miles away. I'm sure it's going to be greater than the gc version and I can't wait to play it in my DS!
Guest vesperXmouse Posted September 25, 2005 Posted September 25, 2005 *looks at image galleries of ACWW* WHAT?!?! A GOLFER'S CAP?!? *continues browsing* Phew... I can still have my cone head...
Desbreko Posted September 25, 2005 Posted September 25, 2005 [quote name='Shinmaru']Ha, basically. Though something tells me that I shouldn't want anything to do at all with Desbreko's fruit. :twitch:[/quote][color=#4B0082]"Shouldn't." ... So does that mean you do, but feel like it's wrong? Is my fruit a guilty pleasure? ;) But yeah, some of the hats they've shown are funky. Personally, I'm hoping for a Link hat. A full Samus helmet would also be pretty cool, heh. There's tons of stuff they could do with hats besides the "normal" stuff.[/color]
Morpheus Posted September 26, 2005 Author Posted September 26, 2005 I'm not exactly sure how the online will work, but we will have to organize a place for OBer's. Make sure to use your Username when you start and this could get very interesting (side note: the same should be done for Mario Kart).
James Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [font=franklin gothic medium]It may be possible to establish a specific thread (or even a forum) for Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and other online software. We'll see how it goes. I'm thinking about something along these lines at the moment. [/font]
BlueYoshi Posted October 6, 2005 Posted October 6, 2005 [color=darkred]What's the deal with the holidays in AC Wild World? Does anyone know? I heard that they're getting rid of events like Christmas and Halloween and replacing them with made up special events and occasions, just so people from other ethnic groups who play the game don't get offended that their holy days or whatever weren't included. If that's true, then man, what a drag. I mean, it doesn't really make a difference what the holidays are called, whether they're changed or not, but I quite liked the fact that there were special holidays to look forward to in the game. They allowed for certain days to be different from others, especially seeing as how repetitive the game can get at times, but yet still addictive. :D Any who, establishing a new forum for wi-fi gaming sounds pretty cool, although something tells me that it may be inactive some of the time.[/color]
Desbreko Posted October 6, 2005 Posted October 6, 2005 [color=#4B0082]Only thing I've heard is that they did away with real world holidays to make localization easier, and that they'll have other holidays specific to the AC world instead. I'm not really too worried about it, though, as I'm guessing a lot of the fictional holidays will still draw inspiration from real ones. I think a DS Wi-Fi sub-forum in The Nexus would be great. A swap meet type thread for AC would be handy for requesting things in item trading and whatnot, and maybe we could hold Mario Kart turnaments in another. As more Wi-Fi enabled games are released, I could see the sub-forum getting a decent amount of activity.[/color]
After*Glow Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 [COLOR=DarkRed]I've had AC for almost 2 and a half years and theres things I still don't have. I'm missing like 5 fish and 6 bugs. I can't wait for the DS version. One of the things I hated about the GC version was going to friends towns with the mermory cards cause I hated riding that train. Hopefully that won't be in the DS version.[/COLOR]
armana Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 [quote name='Bombu][color=darkred']I heard that they're getting rid of events like Christmas and Halloween and replacing them with made up special events and occasions, just so people from other ethnic groups who play the game don't get offended that their holy days or whatever weren't included.[/color][/quote] There wasn't a Christmas holiday in the game, at least in the Australian version. We had Toy Day instead. At any rate, I really think that it's important to respect other people's beliefs. I enjoyed the made up holidays, as they helped me suspend reality. I mean come on, your village is, sans yourself, entirely populated by animals. Nuff said. And on the subject of suspending reality, it really annoyed me how you got letters from your family in the game. I wanted to feel as if my character was basically me in the gameworld, yet I kept recieving letters from my 'mother'. To bad if I didn't actually have a mother - I kept thinking of the motherless kids who would recive those letters. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I think that if I didn't have a mother this'd upset me. Whatever the case it's going to be awesome and I can't wait to buy it.
Charles Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 No American holidays and no Nintendo roms = no sale!
Al-araaf Posted October 9, 2005 Posted October 9, 2005 I never cared about the holidays anyway. I love the way the WI-Fi thing works. If you need any information on the game you should check out sites like Animalcrossingcomunity.com or IGN.com. I fond them very helpful
BlueYoshi Posted November 8, 2005 Posted November 8, 2005 [color=darkred]I'm seriously PISSED OFF right now. I just read on another site that the Euro release date for ACWW is gonna be March 31 2006. I don't believe that, but I'm guessing that the real release date will be something similar. Whatever Nintendo are smoking I want some. Man, when I thought Q1 2006 I though of Jan 20th or Feb 6th or something. Not spiggin' March. Nintendo. I'm gonna wipe my *** with the instruction manual of Mario Kart DS.[/color]
Desbreko Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 [color=#400B82][url=http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/games/gamepage.do?ElementId=Ej6on8HCjXh40Pz_SOlZeE-GssOSV2b2][u]Nintendo-Europe.com[/u][/url] also has the game's release date listed as March 31, 2006, so I guess that's correct. Sucks that there'll be nearly a four month gap between the releases. I was also looking forward to getting your fruit in my town so we could cha-ching together.[/color]
BlueYoshi Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 [color=darkred]Well that's that then. The game gets stretched back the furthest it possibly could in Q1. Looks like there won't be any cha-chinging for a while to come. :([/color]
Charles Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 Couldn't you just import it? Do European DS's play American DS games? I wonder if they're Region-free like the PSP.
Semjaza Posted November 9, 2005 Posted November 9, 2005 The DS is region-free. Basically all hand-helds are... with the PSP being the only one I know of where region coding was considered and eventually decided against. Whether or not the wi-fi networks in Europe will be enabled to run the title is another story, but considering Nintendo's goal of making this world-wide, I imagine it would work. Why anyone would really care when and what the holidays are, I have no idea. It makes more sense this way because it avoids culture, location and denominational differences.
OtakuSennen Posted November 10, 2005 Posted November 10, 2005 Toy Day was pretty much Christmas with a different name, right? If that's the case with most of the holidays from the Gamecube version, I don't see why it's that big of a deal. Also, has there been any word of being able to send letters to people over DS Wifi without actually being in the town? Like some sort of private messaging system?
Desbreko Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 [color=#4B0082]Okay, looks like everything I just said was, in fact, outdated. So here's an entirely new post in its place! :animesmil According to a new bit of news on [url=http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?type=story&storyid=1522][u]N-Sider[/u][/url], you [i]will[/i] be able to send mail to friends who are currently offline and even attach gifts to them. I can't wait to start sending all sorts of random crap to people and seeing what I get in return. This is going to be awesome.[/color]
BlueYoshi Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 [color=darkred]So like, I can play a US NTSC version of ACWW on a PAL UK DS?[/color]
Semjaza Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 PAL and NTSC are television terms. The DS doesn't use a television, it uses its own format. There's no difference between titles from US, Japan or Europe in that sense... they all output the same image type. The DS itself doesn't have any additional region coding, unlike DVDs or whatever. So yeah, it will work. I could buy a DS game in Africa and it would work in the US. It doesn't matter. Again, I have no idea about the actual internet connection and if Nintendo will have a European connection for that specific title at the time... but the game itself will work.
BlueYoshi Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 [color=darkred]Cool. I might do that then. As for the wi-fi, I guess I'll worry about that when the time comes. Probably get the proper UK version to go online, but hey it might still work. You never know.[/color]
Semjaza Posted November 11, 2005 Posted November 11, 2005 [quote name='Bombu][color=darkred']Cool. I might do that then. As for the wi-fi, I guess I'll worry about that when the time comes. Probably get the proper UK version to go online, but hey it might still work. You never know.[/color][/quote] It's really entirely possible an imported version will work on the internet there... But my main thought is that it probably won't be able to go online until the official UK release date. I guess you'll find out if you import though, lol.
BlueYoshi Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 [color=darkred]Sweet. Just found out now about the official ACWW website. The loading is taking forever so I haven't been on it yet. Anyway here's the link for anyone interested:[/color] [url]http://www.animal-crossing.com/wildworld/[/url] [color=darkred]------------ Man, it's impossible to get onto animalcrossingcommunity.com right now. Damn lag. Tomorrow is the day then. You Americans are getting the game first thing, I trust? As for me, I'm expecting it later in the week. Hope the post doesn't slow down with with it being Christmas and everything. That would be gay.[/color]
Semjaza Posted December 4, 2005 Posted December 4, 2005 Nintendo lists their shipping date as the sale date. It's a rarity to be able to get it on a Monday unless you live near the shipping area, if even then. So Tuesday should be the day for 99.9% of us. And yeah, I plan on trading some crap in to pick it up that day lol.
Guest blakwolf Posted December 5, 2005 Posted December 5, 2005 Animal crossing. Is it really that good of a game? I've never played an animal crossing and now I'm wondering if I should pick this one up. What makes it so good?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now