OtakuBoards

Project: True Destiny Unwinds [M-LSV]

Redemption

Elizabeth ran toward the battalion attacking from the rear. She looked behind her and saw Vick was taking care of them from the side. She let her heart take over as her anger once again fueled Tiegre and moved gracefully from one enemy to the next.

After she finished her attack on the side, she went back toward where Vick was fighting.

?Sensors picking up a heat source coming from above.? Tiegre said to her, Elizabeth quickly looked up without swaying her focus on Vick.

?What?? she saw a burst of fire coming from a ship from over head, they were shooting at the ground mechs, and their line of fire was bearing on Vick.

?We need more cover down here!? She said over the intercom.

?We?re on our way.? Keiji said. She knew the fire was coming in close on Vick, and he either wasn?t taking notice, or thought he can withstand the blast.

?Vick, move out of the way, four blasts are coming your way.? She said.

?I?m fine, Elizabeth, worry about your own tail.? He said.

?Tiegre, at that trajectory, will he make it if he goes his current course?? she asked. She already knew the answer before Teigre responded.

?No, the blasts are to broad, he needs to move to his left out of the range of fire. Those missiles are set to destroy him in any second.?

Elizabeth was already moving toward Vick. ?Get out of the way!?

?Leave it alone, I know what I?m doing!? he said. But Elizabeth ran over to his mech and pushed him out of the way, just in the nick of time.

?I told you I was fine, dammit.?

?And I made a judgment call that might have saved your life.?

?I don?t need saving.? He said getting back up.

?No, you need to realize that this war isn?t only up to you to win. Stop being a hero.? She said as she ran back to the battle, but not before Tiegre healed his mech of the current damage.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" That Elizabeth has some gut's to tell me I can't win the war." said Vick after the comments made by Elizabeth.

[COLOR=Red] " Vick I think you heard it wrong."[/COLOR] Kraven said as he tried to get Vick to calm down.

" I'll be a hero all I want, I'm the bigshot on this team....damn we got hit."

[COLOR=Red]" Thats what happens when you let pepole get the best of you. No shut your mouth and fight." Growled Kraven to Vick.[/COLOR]

Vick took hold of the gun controls and began to fire his gatling guns at the hover tanks. The gatling guns were strong enough to puncture holes into the hover tanks and immobilize a good number of some hover tanks.

" They never blow up, time for the grenade launcher."

[COLOR=Red] " No were to close to the base for the grenade launcher. Time to use the claws to destroy the immobilized enemies."[/COLOR]

" Fine then Kraven, I'm going to show Elizabeth that she can't out do me."

Kraven ran and used his claws to rip up the immobilized hover tanks, he continued doing this until the whole squad of hover tanks were destroyed.

Elizabeth tore through another battalion of tanks that was coming their way.

"Three missiles coming in at mark 3." Tiegre said. Elizabeth looked behind her and saw the missiles coming in fast. She quickly moved out of the way, and picked up a tank with the mouth of her mech, Tiegre took over and tossed it out of her mouth, making contact with the three missiles, causing a major explosion.

*Transmission*

"Is everything okay down there?"

Elizabeth was too busy to see who the message came from. "Everything's okay, missiles are being shot from above and below at all angles... they're really trying to get tanks over to the Base."

"They're planning to take it over..." she heard Sayne say.

Elizabeth attacked another line of tanks and noticed Vick moving even faster than before toward their enemies.

Elizabeth smiled. "Show off." she said. Tiegre was surprised by the smile but decided against asking her what it meant.

Then she heard a small laugh and was really confused. But Elizabeth brought her back to reality. "Come on... we got them on the run Tiegre, let's give him a hand ratting the rest of these guys out."

"You did give him a hand you know." Tiegre said.

"Yes, but only you and I know that. Vick would never admit it." she said with another smile. Tiegre ran toward the rest of the Tanks that were coming toward the side Vick wasn't able to protect.

"I can take care of this here." he said angrily over the intercom.

"Sure you can, but I'm such a nusiance, I'll just help anyways." she said and ended transmissions.

Sayne scanned his monitors. Tanks and Fighter ships began attacking from all sides

[B]**Incoming Transmission: Dale**[/B]

[B]**Dale**[/B] We have missiles fired upon the Hover Base! Tanks are coming in from the Left and Right.

[B]**Sayne**[/B] Take them out!!

[B]**Dale**[/B] I'm On It!

[B]***Outgoing Transmission: Sakura. Liz. Lyu. Vick.Cliff. Darris. Fei.***[/B]

[B]**Sayne**[/B] You have tanks coming in from the sides!...take them out! Dont let them near the base!! Ajack. Keiji. Sora and I will handle the ones in the sky!

[B]***Outgoing Transmission Cancelled***[/B]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne for me to beable to use my abilities to the fullest you have to link with me mentally....if you don't we'll fight within ourselves...please!! [/COLOR] growled Deviryn

Sayne looked at his monitors and raidar systems. Keiji had already taken out the first line, Darris and Fel broke throught the first ground line. Vick had taken out a whole army of Hover Tanks. At that moment Red lights flashed on Saynes mother board....a fleet opened fire upon them

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne!!!....PLEASE!!!...LINK TO ME NOW!!! [/COLOR] roared Deviryn as lazer blasts struck the sides.

'Ok......' whispered Sayne as he activated a yellow button

[B]**Linking Port Activated. Connection: Sayne**[/B]

A serge of power streamed violently through Deviryn and into Sayne. Memories of Saynes passed filled Deviryns, haunting memories relived itself within the both of them. The pain was great and they both let out a shrill roar

[COLOR=DarkGreen]The pain!!!!.......i didn't know.....[/COLOR]roared Deviryn as the pain turned to anger....violence. Deviryns mind was now linked to Sayne...but so was the dreaded memories.

'What.....are you doing to me??..."whispered Sayne clenching his teeth against the pain of the war chips and killings that Dr Kane had implanted into Deviryn both memories mixed together.

Then it was over...both their minds burned for the kill....

'Lets take them down' whispered Sayne as Deviryn laughed

[COLOR=DarkGreen]My pleasure[/COLOR]. roared Deviryn

'Open all buster cannons,' smiled Sayne. as they were activated, 'FIRE!!!!!'

The cannons pounded back hard as they fired upon the enemy. Missiles were fired upon Deviryn from a fighter carrier. Sayne then activated Deviryns blades and they flew at high speeds passed Keiji who was in a trigger happy mode. Sayne fired upon the missiles that were launched while Deviryn sored towards the enemy ship. The missiles were destroyed as Deviryn colided with the ship, using his blades to tear through the enemys shield. As they ripped through the ship civilians appeared all around Sayne on the monitors. Their bodies being torn apart by the attack. Blood stainned the ships walls as body parts flung everywhere.

Sayne gripped the controls "DAMN YOU CYLARGRES!!! I WILL KILL YOU!!!!,' he roared as he opened fire with the ship and blew it apart. Then they turned on another Fight carrier ship and did the same

Fighter Crafts surrounded them and opened fire as they tore through another Fighter carrier. Suddenly a blue button appeared. Sayne knew what it was for.

'Ready?' whispered Sayne as the emergency lights flashed from the amounts of lazer blasts which struck them hard.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Always[/COLOR]. spoke Deviryn. Sayne then activated the blue button.

'Deviryn!...RAGE WAR!!,' roared Sayne as he pushed two silver levers forward. Sayne was then strapped in tighter than before

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Hold on.[/COLOR] Whispered Deviryn as he curled up

[B]**Outgoing Transmission: Keiji***[/B]

[B]**Sayne**[/B] Keiji watch out!

[B]**Keiji**[/B] what are you doing!!

Sayne gave Keiji a demonic smile and then laughed psychotically.

[B]***Transmission Cancelled***[/B]

Deviryn began to spin violently. Sayne gripped the controls. The enemy then fired again upon them but still Deviryn kept spinning. The enemy then flew towards them, at that moment blades shot out eaching having their own length, it slashed through the enemy ships with ease as more shot out. Saynes head was spinning but still he kept focussed. Then Deviryn snapped back into his rightful form...but still he spun violently as Sayne pushed on the thrusters and Deviryn took off in a spinning frenzy towards the enemy

[B]OOC: You can use your mechs special abilities at any time. Ok[/B]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Cliff and Silver were handling the tanks on the west.

crap crap CRAP!!!!! we are outnumbered silver Cliff yelled.

Just then 4 missiled were fired headed directly at Elizabeth and Tiegre.

What the hell....they cant shot at someone while they aren't fighting other tanks.

Silver, shoot the missiles down with your photon Flare commanded cliff

Understood replied silver

Silver then shoot out 3 lasers at the missiles. the lasers took out 3 of the missiles but the fourth was still headed for Elizabeth and Tiegre.

WATCH OUT!!!!! yelled cliff

Just then Elizabeth and Tiegre jumped out of the way and the missile hit the ground and exploded.

............. Ok, now i made a total ass outta myself. i should have known that she is more than capable of protecting herself.

Cliff then returned to fighting the Tanks.

I wonder how Sayne is doing wondered cliff

He has used his Special technique replied Silver

What are you talking about? asked Cliff

When the Pilot and the Mech Link together to become a force more stronger replied Silver

Ahhhh that seems cool......can we link? asked Cliff

Yes replied Silver

Cool!!!! yelled Cliff we can become more connected than we already are said Cliff

Yes replied Silver as he smiled

Let link now commanded Cliff

Understood replied Silver[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=System]**Linking Port Activated. Connection:Cliff**[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Just then as Silver and Cliff linked all of memories of both Cliff and silver collided. They both had the same memories. about sadness about being shunned about not fitting in...about hatred.

RAAAAAWWWRRRRRR Yelled both Silver and cliff

Let's Destroy these Pathetic fools!!!! Said Silver and cliff in Unison[/FONT][/COLOR]

''APOLLO!...stop...please...I can't handle it anymore, my arm is gonna give out.''

No response...
There hadn't been any kind of communication between Apollo and Ajack. Despite letting him into the cockpit...Ajack still hadn't made a connection with Apollo yet; the beast was still as stubborn as ever. Even in the last battle...Ajack really didn't do anything. While in the cockpit within the griffins chest...there were to main handles on both sides of Ajack to control weaponary and movement, as well as a helmet that covered his entire face which showed him a screen. He could never gain control...cause Apollo just wouldn't let him.

And now in this new battle for the base to be transported to the Lunar area...Apollo wasn't responding at all.

''Come on Apollo! We need to help Sora...we gotta protect our post!''

Still...nothing. All it did was make the griffin more aggresive. On the surface of the moving Syon Base...Apollo was going out of control, twisting and turning in all directions as if it were a rodeo bull being ridin by a cowboy. Ajack did the best he could to gain control. With all the strength he had, he tried to move the handles to make the damn thing where he wanted. In his helmet he say all that was going on. Sayne, Sora,Keiji, Dale, Lyu, Sakura; everyone was fighting with all their strength...with all their hearts...doing the best they could do with the potential at which they were at.

''Maybe I'm not cut out for this...''

***[B]Open Transmission: Sora[/B] ***

''Sora...can you hear me...I can't gain control of Apollo, you gotta hold this side of the front on your own my friend. I gotta shut the griffin down now.''

''Sora...SORA!''

***[B]Transmission Lost[/B] ***

*lifting the helmet off his head*...''Damn...''

Lifting the emergency counter measures; Ajack smashed the glass compartment to his left and hit the little red button which shut off all of Apollo's energy systems, making it immovable.

*After an hour or so...when the Mech. had finally been transported down the lift to the Mechs' containing area*

The battle could still be heard raging outside the thickness of the bases steal walls. Ajack was alone...wasn't much else that he could do. He wasn't any soldier...and his health wasn't helping him either. He sat there in the darkness...his arms crossed over his knees leaning up against the wall; staring up at the griffin before him.

''Maybe I shouldn't be here...obviously I can't bring out the full potential of this thing. I feel like such a failure...to Grandma...to my friends. Well, only a few have taken any interest in me as one. Lyu...the girl caring for me in the ER at times. She seems nice; been good to me; nice to have someone like that around.''

Suddently the entire base shook...apparently hit by something powerful.

''Damn it...I know I'm better than this...why do I feel like my true self is stuck within a shell I can't break out of?''
''I'm a fighter...I have been my entire life...why can't I do something?...I feel so worthless. I'm sorry Grandma...Lyu...I've failed you all.''
''But I don't have anywhere else to go...what am I to do?''

Slightly...Ajack drifted into a sniffle; not crying...but the emotions building up inside of him...he couldn't control himself. As a tear ran down his cheak...he stared up at Apollo with such intensity it felt like his eyes...his very heart were burning.

*with a sigh* ''Fine...if you won't respect me as a pilot Apollo...I'm just gonna stay right here for as long as it takes till you finally do. If I have to prove myself to you first...then so be it.''

(yey!...I'm finally back for good. No more posts out of the blue moon anymore...finally I can start getting involved. Just gotta build on some relationships first...as well as with my Mech.)

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Darrius was concerned for the pilots that had taken hist but he used it, channelling all his emotions into a tight knot of anger, resentment and hatred.
Firing at the battalions of ground troops Darrius finally unleashed his pent up emotions in a furious charge he thundered a the enemy ranks and leapt on top of a tank and fired pulses into the next row, leaping from one tank to the next like a mud skipper on steroids de devastated the enemy tanks.
Bailey and Darrius both acknowledged that is was time to deepen their connection to maximise their combat efficiency.
[B]**Linking Port Activated. Connection: Darrius**[/B]

The flood of, repressed memories served to fuel his wrath and determination, but baileys connection forced it into the back of his mind leaving him free to think rationally.
The cheetah mech let out a feral roar, and surged with elemental speed and agility.
Sprinting away from enemy fire it leapt into the middle of enemy ranks, pulling its gut guns lower on its shoulders and flipping them down, so the barrel pointed down. The barrel rotated until a long opening could be seen along the length.

The mech lunged to the ground and dug its fore paws into the earth, it started firing in mid spin.
The splits erupted into solid laser beams that streamed from both sides of the mech.
Hover tanks incinerated in the vicinity of the cheetah, clearing a huge radius of enemy craft.
Using the momentum of the spin bailey, cut out the lasers and sprung back into a sprint. Getting deeper behind enemy lines he dodged enemy fire, baileys fierce primal instincts, kept his movement elusive at crucial moments.
Darrius was suddenly aware of a swarm of alien fighters bearing in to shut him down. Rage burned in his heart as Darrius gripped the twin joystick toggles and shoved the thrusters as far as they would go.
The cheetah surged with speed creating a sonic boom that scrambled the approaching fighter targeting mechanisms, giving Darrius the opportunity to get close enough to be out of missile range. The fighters sent a torrent of blaster fire, which only enraged the beast further.
?Don?t fuck with teenagers!!!? yelled Darrius as he engaged the deadly laser beams from its flanks.
With the speed it had picked up bailey launched into the air and corkscrewed a dozen times before landing on all fours.
The fighters overhead torqued and spun to avoid the looming danger but were destroyed regardless.
Metal rained from the sky as the fighters were severed and splintered by the whirling beams.
[COLOR=DimGray]?Sashimi any one?[/COLOR]
Bailey dug his claws, and made an abrupt u turn and rocketed back toward the base. Bringing his gut guns back to Twin LP/EM PULSE cannon mode.

[B]***Outgoing Transmission: Sakura. Liz. Lyu. Vick.Cliff. Sayne . Fei.***[/B]
?How goes the war guys?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Sakura was running along the lines of the enemies, taking the ones on the left of the base with Cliff and Silver. Some of the others were overlapping but everything seemed to be doing ok. The speed boosters helped her to wipe them out faster.

[B]***Outgoing Transmission: Darrius***[/B]
[B]"The war's going fine over here."[/B] Sakura replied, wiping out another line.

Sakura saw a large wave approaching and headed back closer to base, noticing she'd strayed quite far. She noticed a fighter ship swooping down to attack one of the other MechAnimas and they hadn't noticed. Sakura hadn't really had time to notice and put on another burst of speed and jumped, slashing the ship in half.

Sakura raced out into battle again, she was running through another line of tanks when one of her blades snapped.

[B]"What?! How'd that happen? They're not supposed to break."[/B] Sakura said as she pulled out.

The Cylargres noticed the snapped blade and took the chance to charge forward quickly.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]"I don't know...Needle Spray!"[/B][/COLOR] Aria roared, letting go of sharp needles from his fur which pierced through the armour of the tanks.

They turned and headed back.

[B]"That wasn't supposed to happen, was it?"[/B] Sakura asked.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]"No, I don't believe so..."[/B][/COLOR] Aria sighed. [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]"But don't worry, I have another attack, though to use it we must connect on a deeper level."[/B][/COLOR]

[B]"I thought we were already connected on a deep level."[/B]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]"Yes, we are. But this one is different, we'll see each other's memories, even the ones you don't wish to relive..."[/B][/COLOR]

Sakura's mind immediately drifted to the death of both sets of parents and was reluctant, but if this was the best way to do it, she'd have to.

[B]"Alright."[/B]

She felt them connect and BAM! She saw memories run through her head, a mixture of her own painful memories of people dying and being rejected, and images from aria's memories, mistreatment from the previous pilots that had tried to control him, and mistreatment from Dr Kane. When it was done, Sakura sat in her seat and knew what Aria had meant, they were now connected on a whole new level.

[B]"Let's do this, Partner. Wolf Blaster!"[/B] they cried simultaeneously letting go off a ice blue and yellow blast of power from his mouth, it was a mixture of Ice and Lightning and destroyed several lines. Then they charged off again.[/COLOR]

[B]OOC: Just a quick post for me because i'm bored **laughs psyhcotically**[/B]

[B]IC:[/B]
Sayne and Deviryn were still spinning violently through the enemies and then they stopped...their minds still fused as one

[B]**Incoming Transmission: Darris**[/B]

[B]**Darris**[/B] Hows goes the war guys?

[B]**Sayne**[/B] Good....the enemy frontlines are depleting...hey what happened to Ajack?

[B]**Darris**[/B] Dont know looks as though something went wrong with Apollo..

[B]**Sayne**[/B] Oh shit!!!

[B]***Transmission Broken...Link Lost = Transmission Cancelled***[/B]

Sayne and Deviryn were blasted in the side by a round of lazer cannon shots which created a hole just under his wing, half of the controls got fried in the blast and electricuted Sayne...

The two nose dived towards the ground, first slamming into a cliff side before hitting the ground hard. Deviryns wings were torn badly

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne.....Sayne....answer me!!. [/COLOR] roared Deviryn as the link was lost. [COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne please answer me[/COLOR]

'Argh.....' came a slight moan from Sayne as he woke up, 'What...happened?'

[COLOR=DarkGreen]We got hit badly. My side is damaged and so are my wings.[/COLOR] spoke Deviryn. Sayne could feel Deviryns disappointment in himself and the pain from the blast and his wings.

Sayne looked at the yellow button

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne no...that electrical shock has done some damage to your body...it could kill you this time..[/COLOR]roared Deviryn

"thats a chance I'm willing to take...we need to get airbourne and fast and thats the only way...give me your pain,' spoke Sayne in a monotoned voice

[COLOR=DarkGreen]I can't do that!!...You could die[/COLOR]. whispered Deviryn

'We'll die if we sit here.....trust me,' whispered Sayne as a sharp pain shot up through his side, 'I can handle it..trust me now,'

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Ok....[/COLOR] whispered Deviryn

Sayne re-pushed the yellow link button

[B]***Linking Port Activated: Connection: Sayne****[/B]

Sayne let out a shrill yell as immense pain shot up through his body. Deviryn howled deeply as his pain rushed through Sayne, clenching his teeth against the pain which swelled inside him Sayne gripped the thruster levers and pushed them forward to its limit and over.

With a loud roar Deviryn shot off into the sky towards the enemy who blasted them

[COLOR=DarkRed]'NOONE THREATENS OUR LIVES AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!!!,'[/COLOR] they roared in simultaneously, [COLOR=DarkRed]'WE WILL KILL YOU!!!'[/COLOR]

Deviryn and Sayne roared together as they flew hard and fast at the ship leaving behind them a trail of sparks which came from the massive damage that Deviryn recieved but Deviryn couldn't feel the pain...only Sayne, who took it upon himself so Deviryn couldn't...so Deviryn could fly again

They colided into the ship with blades and guns. The ship exploded around them. and then they returned to help the others. Saynes was wondering how long he could keep it up for..it was taking a huge toll on his body and weakening him every second but still he fought with Deviryn to help the others...he wasn't going down that easily and neither was Deviryn.

[B]OOC: The fight will end soon, I know your all proberly getting bored...I'm just waiting for everyone to catch up.[/B]

The tanks just wouldn't give up. Wave after wave they'd attempt to launch a full-on attack. Wave after wave they'd be destroyed by the Mechs. This just wasn't making sense. Maybe they had expected that the fighters would be able to deal with mechs while the tanks went for the base? Dale couldn't tell. Whatever the plan, the assault force definitely seemed to be wearing down. And the fighters were still doing all that they could to make sure it survived.

From above, another missile found it's mark, striking Qestrii head on. It was agony for both of them. Though their connection did not involve telepathy, the constant barrage of missiles shook Dale violently with every hit. He doubted if he could stay conscious for much longer.

[I]Dale, I recommend that we retreat. There is little more we can do here.[/I]

He barely even had the strength to speak. "No... we can't let them through Qes. We can't. You heard Keiji. If we can't hold out anylonger we'll use the EMP."

[I]If this continues, we will have no EMP to use. We should at least retreat until you can recover.[/I]

Dale scowled. He wasn't going to give up, not with the lives of everyone in the base hanging in the balance. Even at this range, a good number of missiles were getting through to the base. If he drew back, that would be one less obstacle in their way.
His energy cannons had been disabled, so his only hope of attacking was by charging directly into their lines. The tanks were to small, to fast, and to many for Qestrii to coil around them. He braced himself as Qestrii smashed through another line of tanks. Though she managed to absorb most of the force from the impact, the screech of metal against metal was unbearable.

Another tank managed to let off a missile, just before the force of ram tore it to pieces. The screen flickered for a second. Maybe Dale was imaging things, but he could swear they'd slowed down.

"Qestrii.." He paused to recover from the last strike. "..what's going on?"

[I]The generator has been damaged Dale. We are losing power.[/I]

"How long until we lose EMP capability?"

[I]At this rate of energy loss, less than two minutes. If we take any more hits, maybe less than that.[/I]

He had no choice. If the EMP deactivated, he'd have no chance of surviving. He didn't have enough energy to get back to the base, at least to get back alive.

"Qes, keep charging them for as long as we can, then use the EMP. It'll use up all that's left of our power, so get as far into their lines as possible. Open a channel, all pilots."

[I]Done.[/I] It was followed by the usual burst of static.

He put all the strength that he had could manage into his voice. "Guys, time to get out of the way."

"Sayne, what the fuck are you doing?" Keiji easily evaded his Special Ability move, but it was extremely stupid. He was taking out alot of enemies; nearly as many as Keiji had with his micro-missiles barrage, but he was also endangering his friends. Sayne was just being plain reckless. He didn't realize the power his MechAnima possessed, and as a result, he was blowing up skyscrapers, nearly hitting his own team mates, and consumed in his own bloodlust.

"What the hell is he trying to do?" Keiji knew that a consuming rage only blinded you, hindering your ability to fight, no matter if you were a berserker or not. Harnessing anger, then stilling yourself, preparing for battle, was the productive way of using pent-up emotion. He obviously didn't know that.

He also saw the rest of the pilots become synced with either MechAnimas. "It's about time they got in sync with them." Keiji had already performed that move earlier, taking out waves upon waves of Cylarges.

Keiji opened a COM Link to Dale.

>>Dale, you need to use your EMP Cannon. There's no way we can hold them. Ajack's injured, Sora's fighting alone, Sayne is in a complete fit of rage. He's endangering the mission. The base is now being fired upon... it's a sitting duck. Tell everyone to clear out of your blast radius. It's the only way.

Keiji cut the transmission, and laid down cover fire. He then opened a transmission to everyone.

>>Keiji here, Dale's about to EMP the area. Move out of his blast radius now! I repeat, move out of his blast radius now! We can't hold them like we are now. They're firing upon the base now. It's the only way. Keiji, out.

He cut the transmission to everyone once again. He opened another transmission to Sayne.

>>Sayne, have you lost it? You're going to get us all killed! A berserker is the last thing we need. We need to operate as a team; an efficent unit, not some blood-lust fit! Snap the fuck out of it...

He wasn't listening.

>>[B]SNAP OUT OF IT! YOU'LL COMPROMISE THE MISSION![/B]

Keiji had to get through to him. Dale was already in his position, waiting for others to move out of the radius. It was only a few more moments before he hit the EMP...

OOC: Yeah, I'm ready for this battle to end.

OOC: :laugh: I'm sure Sayne's special ability wasn't meant to hurt anyone else... I don't think that's where Heero was going with this at all... but I could be wrong... I just don't see that in Sayne's character... he's dedicated to his team... just my thoughts anyway :)

IC:

All Elizabeth heard over the radio was static and screams.

"Tiegre, can you fix our transmission?"

"Our transmission is fine, Liz... they're not doing too well up there."

"The battle is almost won! What do you mean they're not doing well?"

"Apparently, Sayne used Deviryn's Special Abillity, Rage, and it's doing a lot of damage... A lot..."

"Open a secure channel..."

"I don't think that's a good idea..."

"Open the channel dammit!"

Tiegre opened a channel and all she heard was static.

"Sayne, do you copy?"

They was nothing more but static, but she could make out a vague response.

"Damn it...." she said. She clenched her fist as she took out another hover tank. "Sayne... I know you're still in there, you need to stop your attack.... the enemy has been destroyed..."

"..........hn......."

"Dammit, Sayne, prove your father wrong for once and show him you're capable of responsibility!!!!" she screamed.

There was static on the other line, but she could hear a slow decent from the mechs above...

"He stopped...." Tiegre said softly.

Elizabeth looked up. "What happened up there?"

Tiegre was silent for a while... "He connected with his Mech..." she said.

Elizabeth watched as the rest of the tanks and war ships were destroyed..

"It's about time he connects with someone." she said with a smile. She looked at the damage.... the old abandoned buildings on this desert land were destroyed...

"Good thing no one lives in this ghost town... or they would have been in some serious trouble back there."

"Sayne has more problems than you realize... more problems then you will be able to help him with..." Tiegre said.

"I know.... but that doesn't mean I can't try every once in a while... that's what friends are for you know."

"Maybe... but I'm not sure if Sayne is really wanting friends."

"Well only time can tell right?" she said with a smile.

"I guess.... don't get your hopes up though Liz."

"Me? I've always got hope in something" She said with a smile as they finsihed the battle.

''Your Ajack I presume.''

Ajack didn't respond...he still had his unflinching gaze upon Apollo as it lay there motionless. He knew that it was still awake cause its bright red eyes were still glowing. The beast just wasn't acknowledging Ajack's presence.

Kneeling down, the man placed a firm but friendly placement of his hand upon the boys shoulder...

''You alright Ajack?''

''I'm sorry sir...didn't quite notice you were there. I'm alright...just thinking...who are you?''

''I'm Captain Steven Slader...I serve at the Lunar base field overlooking the transportation of this base. Commander De'Larne sent me to come down and talk to you; to see how you were doing.''

''You shouldn't bother...the battle's outside sir. You should be more concerned with the well-being of my friends and their Mechs.''

''I know...however the battle is already a success; at a price unfortunately.''

''How so?''

''Your group leader Sayne took a great risk to achieve victory today. It seems he and his dragon are far more powerful than we anticipated...but thats something I really can't talk with you about right now son.''

''Thats ok...looks like you know a lot about these Mechs. yourself.''

''True, I once was a pilot like yourself back in the day before they had me working behind a desk. *sigh* God, what I would give to be out there with you kids.''

''I wouldn't know sir...I'm no pilot.''

''Ah...I see; because you can't control your mech.''

There was a long pause between the two of them...looking at the griffin just sit there; ignoring the two humans.

''You know Ajack...Griffins in ancient times were among the most glorified creatures of the land. Why do you think this griffin is named Apollo...the sun god himself; Apollo, chose the griffin to ride upon. A lot of pride and honor goes into a creature like this. Maybe what needs to be done first is to earn his loyalty and respect first...and not simply him choosing you as a pilot.''

''I've already tried that...he doesn't listen to me. All he does is lie there, never looking at me.''

''Trust takes time Ajack...something as important as this doesn't come quickly. Even your friends now out there aren't having the easiest of times either with their Mechs. Thats what relationships are all about...it takes great patience to gain such love from another. *slight laugh* yes sometimes we're blessed to find someone we instantly connect with...to love and to cheerish. But not all of life is like that....and especially with this griffin I see...its gonna take some work.''

''Alright...lets try something. Walk up to Apollo.''

''Are you serious...that thing will certainly kill me without a thought if I go near him...especially after I shut him down like I did today.''

''Then apologize.''

''What...its a machine...even if it does have a higher intellect...that thing wouldn't forgive a living soul.''

''Then demand it from him...your a lot stronger than you make yourself out to be.''

''I know, I know. I'm just having issues right now...and Apollo isn't helping at all.''

''Trust me Ajack...just try, I'll help you.''
''Alright...I'll do it sir.'' So both men stood up and walked toward Apollo.
In an instant the griffin stood straight up screeching at them as they approached...the tone of the bird was deafing.

''Alright...now go closer to him Ajack...try to calm him down...but show him respect...bow to him as you approach.''

Taking a deep breathe...Ajack slowly moved towards the griffin, showing no fear...with Apollo threatening to strike. Ajack lowered his head and bowed...keeping his head down. Apollo was pounding on the ground with his mighty talons...the entire bay seemed to shake.

But Ajack kept his head down...he knew his death would be eminant. There wasn't gonna be any unison with Apollo. He was gonna die....but he controlled himself and didn't run. He closed his eyes and said a little prayer feeling the end come as the attack was felt coming.

But Apollo didn't attack...he slowly calmed down falling back down on its belly doing soft bird calls.

''raise your head Ajack...he's backed down. Now stretch out your hand and try to pet him...but very slowly and calmly.''

''Are you insane...I'm gonna loss my hand.''

''No you won't...trust me. Obviously this bird doesn't talk...but it still senses emotion...and if you respect and honor him he will accept you.''

''I don't know bout this (thinking to himself) *but what other choice do I have*''

So Ajack...with little baby steps he reached out and touched the beak of the griffin.

''He...He...he's not flipping out.''

''Good good...now move in more...connect with him.''

And thats what Ajack did, he gently glided his hand over the smooth golden beak, and moving into his body...standing next to his arms leaning on the ground. At his chest he rubbed and massaged Apollo. But Ajack made the mistake and tried to get into the control station.

Suddenly Apollo made a quick twitch away from Ajack...

''Don't do that just yet Ajack...he will tell you when he's ready to let you in. Just get to know him first...keep petting him.''

And thats what Ajack did...for about an hour...thats all he did. Apollo was making noises of approvable as he continued.

''Your father would be proud of you Ajack.''

In shock...''you...you knew my father.''

''That I did...you're a better pilot than you know. You've already made some good progress with Apollo. It's in your blood boy...I'm sorry I can't tell you much, I only knew him for a little while during his time at the Lunar Base. Did you know he was posted there?''

''No...I didn't know them very well; they were always away from home.''

''I see...God bless their souls...I miss them dearly...*cell phone rings* come on Ajack...we gotta go...the battle is ending. We should check in.''

Ajack patted Apollo on the head and walked with Captain Slader out of the room. Apollo lifted his head up wondering where the little boy was going...and slowly laid its head back down to sleep.

As the battle began to slow and dwindle to the last few troops Lyu had Desh back in the hanger. She climbed out and smiled up.
"I think we'll get along fine. You?"
[I]I feel the same Lyu. You are a good piolit, and a good person.[/I]
"Yeah well, get some rest. I'm gonna go and see hoe the base is. See if I can lend a hand someplace."
She pressed the button and walked out leavign Desha nd Apollo together alone. Desh approched Apollo slowly, Apollo reared up screching loudly, Desh was back where he was supposed to be in a flash. She walked the halls till she reached the main lounge, looking in she saw Ajack looking out the window as the battle was closing.
"Uh, hey."
Ajack turned and looked at her.
"Hey."
"Did you and uh...nevermind, not my place to ask. Forget it. You think it's gonna be like this the whole way there?"
"Probably, why?"
Lyu sighed deeply and fell into a seat near to him.
"I hate fighting, ever since my home was destroyed. I can't stand it, someone always gets hurt, or worse killed."
"That's life, that's war."
"No, life is a picture that you can paint your self with whatever color you want, you can be what you want and do what you want. War is just a period of pain and loss that never stops till one side decides that they can no longer take the masicure of their people. That's what war is. Nothing more Nothing less."
"Wow you really do hate to fight don't you."
"What can be solved by fighting? After that another fight will break out about who won the first. I'll fight if I must, but I won't fight out of free will. Nothing will ever come of it."
She looked at him and smiled sadly.
"Ask someone in an inocent village who was affected by war what this place is to them. They'll automaticly say a moving hell that shelters demons who destroy everything in their path."
"But thats not true."
"Not to you, but to them, thats what they see. I know war isn't pretty, I knew that when I got in this job. I've known that all my life. But if you can't sit back and relax, even just a little bit. than what good will you be? You'll have no good memories to look back on."

Continuing his charge through the enemy lines, Dale could see the effects of the energy loss wearing away on Qestrii's combat systems. Aswell as the considerable decrease in speed, the visual screens would randomly flicker on and off, and sensor range was gradually decreasing. In a sense, it was probably quite fortunate that his weapons had been damaged, or he would have had yet another system draining away what was left of the Mech's power. Damage sensors were probably the only thing working as normal. The EMP seemed to be the only external component operational, but with it's protective plates worn through that could change any moment.

Even Qestrii's voice seemed to be weakening. [I]Incoming transmission from Keiji.[/I]

[I]"Dale, you need to use your EMP Cannon. There's no way we can hold them. Ajack's injured, Sora's fighting alone, Sayne is in a complete fit of rage. He's endangering the mission. The base is now being fired upon... it's a sitting duck. Tell everyone to clear out of your blast radius. It's the only way."[/I]

"I'm already-"

The comm system went silent. Keiji must have cut the link on his end.

"Qes, how long until we lose power to the EMP?"

[I]Approximately one minute, twenty seconds.[/I]

Qestrii was suddenly rocked by a violent collision from directly above. The left arm of the pilots seat broke away from the chair itself, with Dale's arm still connected to it. There was a sudden surge of pain as it threatened to pull free of his shoulder, but Qestrii manage to release the straps in time to avoid it. The arm, control panel and all, fell to the cockpit floor with a heavy clunk.

[I]Correction, thirty seconds remaining.[/I]

Looking back, Dale could just about make out the remains of a Celargnes fighter. They were using brainwashed humans as kamikaze pilots now?! But surely they couldn't be that desperate. Unless.....

"Damnit!" Dale looked down at the disconnected control panel. Right in the middle of the panel, he spotted the EMP activation button. "Qes, can the EMP be fired by voice command?"

[I]Yes Dale. Awaiting command input.[/I]

The Mech crashed it's way through another line of tanks. This was as close to the centre as they would probably get. Dale couldn't see any of the others around him, at least not within EMP range, but without full sensor range, he couldn't tell for sure. He had no choice. For the second time today, Qestrii's word was the only thing he had to go by, however uncertain it may be. He trusted her.

A red dot appeared closeby on the radar, indicating another incoming missile. It was a case of do or die.

"FIRE!!"

And that was it. Seconds later, everything went silent, everything dark. Dale was left with nothing other than the sound of his panicked breath. All combat systems had been completely drained of power.

[I]EMP activation successful.[/I]

The missile connected harmlessly with Qestrii's hull, its disabled warhead incapable of registering the impact. If he had left it any longer, the impact would have drained enough energy to take the EMP out of action. With external sensors down, Dale had no way of checking how effective the blast had been, but the fact that both he and Qestrii were still 'alive' was reassuring enough.

Dale let out a sigh of relief. "Do we still have comms?"

[I]Barely, yes.[/I]

"Try and establish a link with someone. I don't care who."

The short burst of static, which Dale usually found annoying, was a welcome release from the silence. Qestrii couldn't confirm who had recieved the link, only that it was with another MechAnima. It was awkward but it would have to do.

"Hey, can someone give me and Qestrii a ride home? We're kind of dead in the water here."

He was sure he could hear some sort of reply, but there was to much static on his end to make out what was being said. As long as the pilot had recieved his message, he didn't really care who it was. In any case, he was definitely [I]not[/I] looking forward to repairs.

"I'm on my way.." Liz said.

"Liz, do we really have time for a rescue mission right now?"

"I can't just leave him there... what if a tank strays and attacks his Mech?"

"Alright...." Tiegre said changing course.

"Besides, I'm sure Vick will be happy to finish off the rest by his self... it'll give him something to boast to himself about."

She felt Tiegre smile at her and they headed toward the water. She saw Dale's Mech Cobra.

"Having a little trouble Dale?" she said jokingly.

"Well that's an understatement, just get us out of here..." he said.

"Got it." Tiegre bent down and hauled the Cobra Mech over her back.

"Is he secure?" Elizabeth asked.

"Completely, ready for departure."

"Alright Let's-"

"Several heat sources coming from the south... they've spotted Dale's down mech and were coming to recruit it."

"Hang on..." she said. Elizabeth ran toward the enemy and engaged each one head on, throwing them out of the area, and tore through their outer structures.

"Hey does this rescue wagon have to be so bumpy?"

"Shut it Dale..." Elizabeth said with a laugh.

''I'm sorry for your loss Lyu...no one our age should ever have to experiance that...to have what we hold most dear to be destroyed. Seems like a lot of us in this little family of ours has felt that in some shape or form.''

''Yea...your right Ajack. Seems like we all have had our experiances in life I guess.''

''Even though you hate fighting Lyu...I wish I was out there with all of you. With my wounds...and this situation with my Mech. I feel like my presence here is meaningless.''

''It's alright...really. You may feel like you've let us down...but don't take everything too personally. You do what you can...I appreciate you talking to me now as you are. Its nice to have someone to talk too.''

''Thanks...sorry for being so quiet lately; my minds been preoccupied as of late. I hope you don't take offence.''

''Of course not...I understand.''

''Thank you Lyu.''

It got a little quite...both of them sitting in their chairs looking out into the sky as the setting sun illuminated a red sky.

[I]So much blood has been spilt on this day... [/I] thought Ajack. [I]I wish this was only a dream...[/I] *as he closed his eyes*...please let me wake up.

" Well their goes Elizabeth she got the right idea to leave me the rest. Let's show them what a robot lion and the worlds greatest fighter can do."

[COLOR=Red] " Less talk and more fighting."[/COLOR]

Kraven continued to battle through the remaining hover tanks as Vick gunned the gatling guns. The protection of the right flank was almost complete, Vick looked around for anymore hover tanks.

" It over with, I'm just to damn....OH CRAP ! What the hell is that a super tank." Vick yelled as a unknown tank emerged from out of the blue.

[COLOR=Red] " That tank must of came from a drop ship above. It has to be one of the ground commanders."[/COLOR] Kraven said as he watched the commanders hover tank come forward.

The commanders the tank was armored from front to back, the top hull carried a laser cannon. The sides had their own hulls complete with laser guns as well.

" Easy it's just a hover tank that looks more fancy." a paranoid Vick said as he gazed at the commanders hover tank.

Kraven charged in as Vick fired the gatling guns, the guns had no effect on the commanders more powerfull hover tank. They keep fighting back only to get hit by laser fire that knocked Kraven down to the ground.

" No, I can't lose...Kraven hang in." Vick said as him and kraven got pounded by laser fire over and over. Vick took the controls and charged in once more and began to use Kravens claw slash the effect was minimal. Vick and Kraven were given the a deadly blow as the top hull fired the more powerfull laser cannon at them, the blast knocked Kraven out of commission. As the lion mech fell over on it's side , Vick had his body hit against the cockpit.

" No what do I do." Vick said with fear.

Sayne tore threw the lines psychotically taking out the huge fighter ships

[B]***Incoming Transmission: Keiji***[/B]

[B]**Keiji**[/B] [B]SNAP OUT OF IT! YOU'LL COMPROMISE THE MISSION!!![/B]

[B]****Transmission Lost. Transmission Cancelled*****[/B]

Dale fired his EMP cannons wiping out the last of the aerial attackers while Vick tore up the last of the hover tanks. Something had gone wrong with Vick, Sanye turned Deviryn around and they fired upon the hover ships that were about to pound Vick. after blasting them away they swooped down and grabbed Kraven in his claws. the battle was over

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne......[/COLOR] whispered Deviryn his power supply nearly running on empty

'Get back to.....the base......we'll disable link there,' whispered Sayne

Deviryn flew wearily through the sky while holding on tightly to Kraven and Vick. The sun was beginning to set and a blood like redness poured out across the sky.

Deviryn gently placed Kraven down and then landed on the landing bay hard....his collapsed and let out a sudden roar of pain as the link was disconnected. The cockpit doors opened and Sayne fell out onto the base.

He landed at someones feet and slowly he lifted his head and saw that it was Keiji with a look of disgust on his face. Sayne slowly stood up. Keiji grabbed him by the collar and slammed him against Deviryn

'What the fuck were you doing up there!!!,' yelled Keiji, 'You could of put the mission at risk with your senseless antics!!!!,'

'..Hn...' whispered Sayne as he pushed Keiji away. Deviryn was just about to attack but Sayne waved him down.

'Dont you know that rage blinds you!!..you are a born soldier did noone teach you that here!!,' Keiji roared again, 'You could of killed one of us up there!!!'

Sayne stared coldly at Keiji and then turned his back on him, at that moment Keiji spun Sayne around and smacked him in the jaw. Saynes already weaken body hit against Deviryn and he used what little strength he had left to brace himself. Anger swelled in Saynes stomach as Keiji tried to strike him again. Sayne dodged Keiji's attack and retaliated with a right hook knocking Keiji off his feet.

'What is the meaning of all this!!!,' growled the Commander who was followed by two different generals, Keiji quickly got off the ground while Sayne keep his eyes on Keiji

'Sayne!,' spoke the commander, 'Keiji!,'

'I was just trying to explain to Sayne that he nearly endangered the mission because of his outrage sir,' spoke Keiji

'I see...and you seem to feel strongly about it?' questioned the Commander.

'Yes,' whispered Keiji

'Sayne do have anything to add to this?,' questioned the commander as he frowned at his son

'He has his opinions I have mine,' spoke Sayne still with his eyes on Keiji.

'Will you beable to settle this between yourselves?' questioned the Commander

Keiji looked at Sayne whos eyes narrowed and Keiji looked away shrugging his shoulders

'I saw Saynes outrage and for that I believe that he could of endangered the mission, he also left his post which is another offense, there for he must under go Isolation for the rest of the mission,' spoke the Commander as he frowned at Sayne

Keiji looked at Sayne who's eyes had become distant as the generals cuffed him. Deviryn let out a shrill cry which echoed around the base....Deviryn was too weak to do anything and that was all he could do.

'I want the dragon mech to be put in confinement, Sayne isn't alloud no where near it until he can suppress his rage. Isolation is the only way and if that doesn't help put him through......the tests,' spoke the commander.

'Yes commander,' spoke the generals in sync, They grabbed Sayne forcefully and dragged him off back into the main part of the base.

Chains were thrown over Deviryn and a machine was linked to him

'What...whats that for!!,' yelled Keiji

'It keeps his energy on the lowest level so he doesn't get out of control throughout Saynes Isolation,' spoke a private as Deviryn was lifted up by a huge crane, that lowered him down into a singel holding bay below the landing pad and then the doors were closed. Deviryns haunting moans echoed throughout the base.

Sayne was stripped to his boxers and dragged violently kicking and cursing to a small container. It had a few holes for air to get in but other than that...it was a meter and a half long and three feet high.

'Father!!!..you can't do this to me!!......you can't!!!....FATHER!!!,' roared Sayne as the slammed him in the container and the padlocked the door, 'You bastard!!!....I hate you!!!!!,'

'How can you do that....you know that he's claustrophobic,' spoke General Rei who stood beside the Commander

'Its the only way...and you know that..for him to pilot the Dragon....he must beable to stay calm....through anything.....especially...when we know what that beast can do....Its Dragon cry.......if that was unleashed in todays battle....they would of been destroyed,' explained The Commander

'How do you know that for sure.....noone has seen these mechs in action before..especially not that one...they all have their own special abilities,' spoke General Rei

'Commander is right.' spoke Dr Kane from behind, 'Sayne could have destroyed the both of them and anyone around them...the dragon cry is highly dangerous..Sayne must suppress his rage,'

Saynes banging and yelling to get out echoed throughout the Isolation Bay...it went on for as long as he could make it until he broke.....silence......just..silence.

Syon base hovered along the sand of a beach. All ground mechs were placed on the hover base while the others flew.

Half the day passed by until they stopped.

****Linking To Lunar One: Activated*****

'Where are we?...I dont see any water base!,' spoke Liz as they looked over the Syon tower railings.

At that moment the was a loud rumble as it looked as though the base began to unfold

'Whats going on?' questioned Dale as the ground shook

Long thin rods shot up out of the water and a huge disc like flat surface appeared and rose connection and locking with Syon base. The tower was then pushed further into the sky until it stopped. when everyone looked around they realised that everything had changed. There were reinforced holding bays, twenty huge beam cannons which towered high and thriple barreled gatling guns everywhere and one huge solar cannon in the center....the area stretched out twice the size...it was a magnificent sight.

'Is Sayne.....' whispered Sora

'He'll be along shortly,' spoke the Commander in a saddened tone as he walked back inside.

Sayne had been taken from the Isolation containers and put in the labratory. They ran the tests on him and then Commander De'Larne released him after reviewing him. Sayne sat in a white room dressed in a white short sleeved rob. The commander then entered the room.

'Sayne....' whispered the Commander, 'Your released now,'

Sayne stood up and walked towards the commander but stopped beside him

'And you wonder why I disobey you......' whispered Sayne his voice sounding husky as he collected his clothes and walked out. His arms were red where they poked him with needles and other pieces of equipment.

Sayne walked to the communal room and opened the door. He found everyone sitting around, still dressed in his white short sleeved robe he went straight to his room not saying a word. He had a long hot shower which soothed his aching body and then got dressed, he then walked out and down to see Deviryn

He walked through the doors and found Dr Kane and some generals unchainning the beast

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sa..yne[/COLOR] whispered Deviryn

Dr Kane looked at Sayne for a moment and then put his head down as Sayne walked over to Deviryn

'Switch to power increase,' spoke Dr Kane. Deviryn slowly became alive as they restored his power levels back to the way they should be.

Dr kane then walked up to Sayne, 'I'm sorry....'

'Don't be....you were only doing your job,' whispered Sayne as he left Dr Kane to do his report.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne...I never meant for that to happen to you.[/COLOR] spoke Deviryn more lively. [COLOR=DarkGreen]You only did what you did to portect me, it was the pain that drove you mad, and you only took that pain...because you didn't want me to hurt. I shouldn't of allowed it[/COLOR]

'It was my choice....I took it upon myself just so you could fight again,' spoke Sayne as he went over Deviryns damages, 'I see they fixed you,'

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Yeah...i couldn't do much to stop them[/COLOR]. spoke Deviryn

'Dr Kane is a good doctor..he knows what he's doing....but I'm going to check away,' said Sayne as he went over Deviryns vitals and saw that Dr Kane had fixed Deviryn the same way as he would

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne....I know what they did to you....I can feel it and see it[/COLOR]. whispered Deviryn

'Lets just forget about it,' whispered Sayne as he sat down and lent against Deviryn

OOC: Ok guys do what you like for now. Ok. there'll be another meeting soon to recap on what happened. Ok...if your characters have anything to say...bring it up at the meeting.

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]In the battle?[/B]

Sora?.. Sora??

A small voice echoed in Sora?s head. All about her was darkness. She could see nothing although she knew she was still in synch with Blaze. She tried to move her body but to no avail.

? Where am I?? she thought.
[COLOR=DarkRed]Your mind is in my AI. We have combined totally. We converse with one another in thoughts. My energy is depleted. I?m sorry Sora. I wasn?t able to dodge those lasers.[/COLOR] Blaze said sadly.
? It?s not entirely your fault Blaze. My mind was elsewhere. We could have avoided it, but we just weren?t in synch enough. You know what we need to do??
[COLOR=DarkRed]What Sora?[/COLOR]
? We need to train together. We aren?t in synch enough. We have to work more otherwise we won?t be any use to our friends. No matter what, we have to protect them.?
[COLOR=DarkRed]I totally agree.[/COLOR]
? Who saved us??
[COLOR=DarkRed]Sayne did. But I sens he and the Dragon are out of control.[/COLOR]
? Very well.?
[COLOR=DarkRed]Lets go and kick some alien butt Sora.[/COLOR]

? LETS GO!? Sora shouted. She then found that her mouth moved when she yelled this. Her mind was now back in her own body. That fire in Sora?s soul transferred itself through her mind into Blaze.

Warning alarms went off in the holding bay. The temperature inside began to sky-rocket. Blaze?s eyes opened and they glowed a brilliant red. Flames appeared all around the Phoenix.

Rage, like an inferno of unstoppable flame, spread throughout both Sora and Blaze. The temperature of the holding bay became unbearable to any other person or MechAnima inside. The holding bay doors opened as the sounds of war roared outside. Sora pushed the acceleration shaft to maximum and Blaze sonic-boomed out of the hanger.

Flames trailed in Blaze?s wake. Sayne and Keiji saw the Phoenix shoot out of the bay.

= INCOMING COM LINK ? Sayne =
? Sora, what the hell??
? I have a deep cut in my arm but Blaze and I have some unfinished business.? Her voice was so serious, Sayne had to think twice if it was Sora or not.
= DISCONNECT =

Sora and Blaze wheeled around in front of Sayne and Keiji, showing them she was in the same league as them.
? BLAZE! FIRE PHOENIX BLADE ATTACK!!? Sora commanded.

Two blades, one for each wing, lengthened at the tip of the wings. Blaze was now a huge ball of flame and blades. Before them was a whole line of those Cylargrian hovercrafts. Blaze and Sora ripped through them without any mercy or regret. Some hovercraft exploded from the flames, some were sliced in half. After destroying the battalion, Blaze wheeled around, the blade closest to the ground dug slightly into the earth. She and Blaze faced Sayne and Keiji and the moving base, the Dragon and the Hawk looked at it with astonishment.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Sora, more at the rear. There is no one to cover it.[/COLOR]
? Right?let?s go.?

She and Blaze boomed to the rear and took out a few more of those pesky hovercraft. The Legendary Bird of Fire returned to its full glory.

[B]After the battle?[/B]

Sora dearly wanted to thank Sayne for saving her and Blaze but she was outraged that his father, Commander De?Larne, would put him in isolation when he knew perfectly well that Sayne was claustrophobic. It was cruel to do such a thing to anyone with that kind of phobia. And the way they dealt with the Dragon MechAnima ? Sora?s battle rage subsided but still bubbled.

Seeing him exit their dormitory, Sora followed, hopefully not intruding. She listened to him talk to his Dragon but only heard one side of the conversation. Her heart thumped in her throat and she clutched her bandaged arm ? the one that was injured during the battle. A fear of being found out suddenly became clear to her. Sora wasn?t the one to pry or follow but she felt it necessary this time around.

With Sayne sitting next to his Dragon, Sora felt it was safe enough to approach. Walking towards them, Sora saw the Dragon?s eyes open and land on her. She looked at them ? they were full of sadness, hate and regret ? just like Sayne?s. Her expression softened and the Dragon closed its eyes, content with who was approaching its pilot.

? S-Sayne?? Sora asked timidly, just in case he pulled a gun at her. Knowing him, it would have been very probable. Sayne opened his eyes to see Sora standing very timidly, which wasn?t like her, before him. His eyes half widened with shock but then returned to their emotionless state.

? Sora,? he replied coolly. A spark of anger flit through Sora?s eyes. She was trying to do something and he was being a jerk about it.

? I came to thank you for saving Blaze today?? she said, now with more confidence. Not because she had mysteriously found it somewhere in her mind, but because she was getting slightly frustrated at how he was so cool towards her, and yet, she knew he had some affectionate feelings towards her. ? ?But I see you have no need for thank-yous. I?ll just leave you with your MechAnima.? Her voice matched his ? cool and distant.

How she hated jerks that acted that way! Sora turned on her heel, still clutching her arm, which throbbed with pain from being stitched, and strode off to their dormitory.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Sakura and Aria got rid of the rest on the left with their Wolf Blaster attack and they felt reprecussions from their bonding because the recoil of the attack began to take its toll on Sakura and soon the bandage around her head had come off and some of the stitching was coming apart from the shock of it, since she wasn't used to so much pressure, and it was also built up from when they'd gone into speed mode. She felt blood oozing out of the wound and noted to return to the Infirmary to get it re-stitched after the battle.

When the battle was done, they returned to the base and Sakura disconnected from Aria, both of them feeling the emptiness again.
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]
[B]"Sakura, take care of yourself, I want you to rest after getting that wound fixed up. And...I'm sorry."[/B][/COLOR]

[B]"Yes, I'll rest ok? And I told you, it's not your fault, so stop blaming yourself."[/B]

Aria just nodded but lay down and rested his head on his folded paws again, still feeling that it indeed was his fault for not being more careful.

Just before Sakura left, she saw Sayne getting dragged off and Deviryn being chained up and connected to a strange looking machine. She heard him shouting about not putting him in Isolation, and she knew what that was from what her father had told her, it was when they put someone in a small tank. She gasped as she thought to something during school, when they'd talked about people having phobias, and it had been revealed that Sayne was Claustrophobic. She felt sad for him and hoped that he'd be alright, before walking off back to the Infirmary.

When she got there, the same medics were there and fussed over her angrily, saying that they knew she shouldn't have gone back out to battle, and they re-stitched the wound and put a new dressing, wrapping it tightly and making sure it wouldn't fall off again. Sakura thanked them and left, she was so worn from the battle, she knew that it had to be from the bonding with Aria.

Sakura made her way back to the dorms and saw Sora walk into her room clutching her arm and had an angry look on her face. She heard the door slam and decided not to bother her and went to her own room. She yawned widely and decided to take a quick nap to hopefully get back a bit of energy.[/COLOR]

Keiji got out of Amatu, and went to the sickbay. He had a few bruises and a burn on his left shin. The medics didn't and couldn't do much for his wounds, exept give him some Hydrogren Peroxide to stop infection and some IcyHot. But Keiji was content. He walked into the common room, and saw Sora quickly walking into her room, holding her arm; presumabling from the pain.

"Hey! Sora! You're hurt, you can't just let yourself bleed..." He walked after her, wanting that she bandange herself... at least respond to him. The doors shut in his face. He didn't have a pass code or anything to the girls room, so he just sat and but his back against the wall next to her door.

"Sora. You really should get some medical attention. It could get infected or something. Who knows, it could be more serious that just a flesh wound.

He still didn't get an answer, but the main door opened, with a few more of the pilots coming in.

Elizabeth walked to the control center. "Any messages for me?" she said. The soldier looked through the pile and found one.

"Your father is coming here to Lunar Base." he said as he threw the note away.

"That's it?" she said surprised that there was nothing more.

"That's it. He asked that the later be read aloud to you." he said.

"Nothing more .... personal in your pile?" she saod softly.

"Excuse me, what?"

"Personal.... oh never mind..." she said as she walked away. She went to check on Sora at her room... anything to get her mind off of everything that was happening to her. She went to the hospital unit and asked around. She finally was able to find out that she left and was seen going into her quarters.

She knocked on the door and the door opened. Sora's eyes full of tears.

"Sora.... what's wrong?" she asked as she went over to her... she couldn't understand what happened.

"Nothing... I'm just... confused that's all...."

"Confused about what?"

She was silent for a while... "Why does he have to be so cold..." she said as she went back into her room. Liz stared at her as she walked away.

"Don't do it Liz....."

"Tiegre, she's crying... how could he let her cry?"

"He has things he needs to deal with on his own.. you can't help him."

"He should at least know that he made her cry!" she said running down to the Mech room. She looked in and saw him working on his Mech. She ran down the stairs and stormed right up to him, making Deviryn growl.

"He doesn't like people getting too close." Sayne said not even looking up.

"He's not the [i]only[/i] one it seems." she said as she folded her arms and stared at him.

"...hn...?" he said, still not looking up.

"You care for her.... that's obvious. Everyone on this base knows it."

"I'm glad my personal life is the topic of most discussions on this base."

"Why do you push her away? If you care for her, show her something!!!"

He didn't say anything. He just continued to work on his mech. She waited for a response and decided that she'd get none.

"You made her cry, Sayne... is that what you wanted? Is that what you wanted to see? If you could make a girl cry? Sora needs to know you care, and not just on a whim."

He didn't respond. But she knew he was listening to her. She knelt down to his level and looked at him. "There's more to life than just war... and pain. You open yourself to her.... she could show you that..." she said. He looked at her briefly, but still didn't respond. She got up and left the room, leaving him to his thoughts.

"You can't help him, Liz... he can only help himself."

"Well sometimes people need a little wake up call... he seems so sad and distant Tiegre... and he needs a human contact in order to bounce off of."

"He has his father."

"Who is nothing like a father to him..." she said looking down... her father was coming, and yet he left no note for her?

"You have your own problems Liz..." Tiegre said softly.

"I know.... I know Tiegre."

"You can't save everyone... worry about yourself once in a while."

"I will.... I will Tiegre..." she said softly.

It had seemed like Ajack and Lyu had been talking forever...minutes turned into long hours...conversation about anything and everything. As he lay there in the chair with his eyes closed...listening to her words, he felt at peace with himself for the first time since the attack.

[I]This is my home now[/I] he thought to himself.

''Do you think you'll ever be able to pilot your griffin Ajack?''

''I really don't know Lyu...he let me touch him today, so I guess thats a start. Apollo's such an amazing creature...the things we could do together. But I guess its gonna take a little longer for me to earn his respect like you all with your mechs. *with a laugh*...he reminds me of Grandma at times to be honest.''

*lyu laughed right back* ''How so?''

''Oh she was stubborn one, she constantly demanded respect...which I gave to her...but not just with me...but with others as well. I don't know if she felt like that because she was an elder...or that was just simply her persona...but...one thing she did teach was patience. To live in moderation...to do what we can with the life that has been given to us, not to live on either end of the spectrum...balance I guess.''

''That's very wise Ajack...I hate to fight...but Desh has been good for me, and I've been keeping my mind occupied so I don't think about it too much...I do have my moments though when I do.''

''Don't we all.''

''You miss your Grandma?''

Ajack went silent for a while...with Captain Slader mentioning his parents...now his Grandma...and his damn scar up and down his arm was killing him...going back to that night...

''Like you said...we all have our moments. God knows the nights I've cried myself to sleep.''

''I'm sorry to hear that Ajack...I really am.''

''Thats ok...not your fault. It means a lot to me that you care so much....I would like to thank you as well for looking after me while I was in the ER.''

''No problem...I was glad that I could help.''

''You did...was greatly appreciated...''

Lyu went quite...

''Can you do me a favor Lyu?''

''Sure...anything at all?''

''Tell the Commander that I won't be coming to the meeting today...there's something I have to do.''

''Where are you going?''

''Don't worry about me...I'll be fine...can you do that for me...please?''

''Yes...of course. I guess I'll talk to you later then.''

''Of course...take care of yourself.'' Ajack got out of his chair and leaned down and gave her a hug...then he walked away down the corridor to everyones quarters.

He felt that there was tension and frustration in the air as most of the other pilots were coming back from the medical center with fresh wounds. He got to talk to Keiji...asking about the battle and what happened. Thats when he heard about Sora and the wound on her arm. He knocked on her door and asked if she was ok...but there wasn't an answer. A little dissapointed...he started to leave with a hot cup of French Vanilla Cappacinno when he saw Sakura holding her hand over her mouth in a yawn.

''Sleepy aren't we'' * with a smile*

''Yea...I'm probably gonna go take a nap now.''

''You should Sakura...you look like your gonna take pass out right here.''

''I know...I'm..so...tired...hhmm that coffee smells good.''

''It's my favorite...well I guess I'll talk to you later then...sleep well.''

Still sipping on his cappacino...Ajack began walking down to where all the mechs. were. He walked by Sayne and waved...but he didn't even acknowledge him. Then he got to Elizabeth who was with Tiegre. Casual conversatino struck up and he learned what was going on between Sora and Sayne...Ajack was so out of the loop with all the ''drama'' that was going on.

''Is Sora ok...?''

''She'll be alright...she's confused more than anything...and of course we all are gonna be a little shaken up by the battle. What happened to you out there...we could have used your help?''

''I'm sorry...Apollo still isn't ready to be operated yet. If I'm going to pilot him...I want to do it right. I won't let something get out of control like with Sayne...however I feel bad for him...with what they did to him.''

''Sometimes I just don't know about him...I've got my own problems to sort out right now anyway. I can't get too drawn into all that kind of stuff right now.''

''Thats understandable...we all gotta take our own seasons for ourselves once in a while.''

''Your right.''

''If you ever want to talk...you know where I am...I think I've been apart from all of you for long enough...I just hope I can get Apollo to fly soon...I got to go...see ya.''

[I]Man...there's a lot going on right now with everyone...sometimes I wish I wasn't so damn emotional [/I] [I]*smile* thats what happens when your raised by women:)[/I]

Finally he came to Apollo...''hey Apollo''...Ajack did his routeen again...slowly bowing his head in respect....itching his way closer to graze his hand over his beak. Apollo brought his head down and greeted him by gently shoving him.

''Hey you...your getting a little friendlier...too bad you wont let me fly you...oh well.''

As Apollo laid his head back down on the ground to rest...Ajack took a seat on the floor leaning up against Apollo's neck. His feathers felt so real...like a warm blanket during the cold winter seasons.

All that Ajack could do was think back on everything that has happened...what everyone was going through at the moment.

''I wish I could do more...someones gotta step up. Are you ever gonna let me pilot you Apollo?''

No response...

''Thats ok...least your happy and peaceful. Still...I want to do something...to be someone strong for everyone else. Do you think I can do that?''

No response...

''Damn...do you ever talk Apollo?!'' but all Ajack could do was laugh.

''Its alright...it is alright....Hakuna Matata. You know what that means...No worries.''
''You an amazing creature Apollo...you could do such great things...ya know...we all can; there is no limit to the human potential. I guess we just gotta believe in ourselves...to create our own destinys...and not to fear failure. Don't you agree...?''

''I hope your at least listening to me. Least I would have two friends...I would like to make more. Lyu cool...gotta love the black hair. I'm a sucker for im...I rememeber my first gf ever...she had black hair...but she dumbed me at junior prom. It really sucked...was really hard cause I'm such a councelor for everyone else...kind of a hard burden to be strong for others when you feel so weak. But...I'm still breathing:)...still walking. I guess It was actually a good thing to learn. Gives you a strength that comforts you in hard times.''

''Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take...but by the moments that take them away. *yawn* thanks for listening Apollo...I hope I didn't bore you.''

Ajacks' eyes started to weigh down...he couldn't stay awake any longer. In the darkness of their little corner...Ajack shead a single tear at one thought...

[I]...mom[/I]

As he drifted off into a pleasant sleep...Apollo slowly moved his head up get a glance at Ajack as he slept...and then just as quietly laid back down again.

Deviryn had placed Kraven on the landing pad, Vick was greatfull but he would not say it to Sayne. Vick opened the cockpit and then looked up at the damaged Kraven.

" What the hell happened Kraven I thought together we could take anything down." Vick said in disgust.

[COLOR=Red] " We can but first we got to learn to be on the same page." [/COLOR]

" I'll come by later to check up on you Kraven." Vick began to walk away from Kraven. He waved down some mechanics and told them to fix up Kraven. Vick walked into the base and was going to his room. As soon as he got to his room Vick sat on his bed and thought about Kraven.

" Fuck all this, I'm the best and I'm not going to sit in my damn room and cry." Vick got off his bed and left his room , he slamed the door behind him and decided to prove he was the best he and Kraven would have to work as one.