OtakuBoards

Project: True Destiny Unwinds [M-LSV]

Redemption

Keiji looked down at the ground, completely heartbroken.

[b]Get over it, Keiji, we've got to fight.[/b]

"Yes. You're right. I can't let my feelings get in the way of my A-game. Let's go."

Keiji stood completely straight, looked directly ahead of him, and his MechAnima stood behind him, with a chute that came down, and sucked him up into the cockpit with startling force. All the controls were natural to him... and best of all, he could think, and Amatu would do it for him. Perfect.

Amatu's engines kicked to life. He was third out of the hangar, gliding at what was a relatively slow speed, but slow for Amatu was rather swift. He easily overtook the Pheonix and Dragon, and felt their presence, one a fiery, passionate one, and the other a quiet but courageous force. He could only guess that Sora was angry for some reason -- maybe the kiss?

[b]What the hell are you doing? If you become distracted with Sora, you'll die out here. Pull yourself together, and concentrate. I picked you because you are a natural flyer. You can't try. You can only do.[/b]

"Yeah. It won't happen again. I promise." Keiji closed his eyes, concentrating, then opened his eyes again. He could feel the connection to Amatu. He easily thought of himself in an agile turn back to Sora and Sayne.

And it happened. He fell into formation beside Sora and opened a private transmission.

+Private COM Channel Established ||
>>Good luck to you on this mission, ||
>>But what are we about to fight? ||

+Transmission Sent\\[Awaiting Response...] ||
+Please Standby... ||

Keiji waited for Sora to respond, but in the mean time, he was sub-consiously going over every single manuever of a plane, bird, or winged insect, and how his unsurpassed speed could aid the team to complete the mission. Amatu then logged all this thoughts into the Pilot NAV BANK, where he could access the piloting patterns of past missions, and quickly employ them in a given situation.

The mental-link to Keiji from Amatu would sent the data he had thought of, where Keiji's sub-conscious mind would accept or decline each course of action, make a decision, and send it back to Amatu via the mental-link in an instant. Basically, he could react to anything as quickly as a computer, as Amatu was fundamentally one, and Keiji's speed relied on Amatu's processing power of data transfer. In short, Keiji and Amatu were lightening.

[B]+Please Standby... ||[/B]

Those words were hanging in silence, waiting for a response.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Lime]Yusuki walked in through the large front doors of the schools office, "Hmm... not like where i am from," he says to himself. He looks around and notices that every one is gone so he asks the secretary at the office as to why every on was gone "I see thank you." Yusuki walks outside and pulls a smalll device out of his pocket and said the words " Oblierate," and a massive black creature apeard from right behind him as it deactivates it's active camafloge. "Okay lets do this," Yuasuki climbs into the cockpit and inserts the hand size device into a port. "Okay, active camafloge now!" the huge figure disapeard. "Okay now lets see," he types on the digital keypad and acceses the freguencys of the mechanime. "hello??" i would like a location as to where u are at," he said in a stern voice "you od not know me i am new ot this school and i would just like ot help you all." Yusuki flips a few switches and pushes a few bottons, and the mech was up and in the sky moving at great speeds.[/COLOR]

Vick stod their not knowing what to do, he watched everyone get into their Mechanimas, he could not figuer how to get in.

" Okay open up so I can get in." Vick scratched his head and tried something else.

" My name is Vick and your name can be Kraven, together we can be the best damn fighters." The lion opened up a cockpit from the chest.

[COLOR=Red] " Vick get in so we can show them were the best at this."[/COLOR]

" What the hell you pick now of all times to talk to me. Enough talk i'm going to show why I'm always number one at what I do." Said Vick as he got in the cockpit.

[COLOR=Red] " I like your attitude, now flip up the blue switch infont of the computer good. Now would you like to have full controll or half and half."[/COLOR]

" Let's go half and half Kraven, you take over when you think the time is right." said Vick as he hit the enter button.

[COLOR=Red] I see you would like all weapons on line huh, so we can standout from the rest."[/COLOR]

" I thought enter would start up the engine, well let's make sure we outshine everyone on the battlefield."

Kraven started up the engine and began to sprint down the long hatch way with noting but flashing lights and arrows pointing them in the right direction. As Kraven went down the ramp he laughed as Vick started to play around with the chair by lowering it back or raising it higher.

" Don't laugh, you got to make sure you comfortable Kraven, by the way who paints a lion black and gold ? "

All the activity at the other sid of the hangar was just a blur in the corner of Dale's eye. He was completely focused on the machine before him, and no amount of noise or movement, until.......

[I]Well?[/I]

"Huh... What?"

His awareness of his surroundings suddenly seemd to return to him, almost as if the machine had, for some reason, numbed his other senses. Was it testing him? Dale still couldn't make sense of the fact that it could talk, never mind the possibility of.......

[I]Dale![/I]

"WHAT!!"

Great. The thing even knew his name. It obviously wanted something....... and it was only then that Dale noticed the small platform that had descended from the machine's body. It was made even more obvious by the green lights flashing around the edge, but Dale had somehow managed to miss that as well. He took several steps towards it, but suddenly recoiled, realizing that he hadn't been walking completely of his own will.

[I]Well? Don't tell me you weren't listening.[/I]

Dale had to get rid of some tension. This was really starting to get wierd.
"Wow. You're really full of tricks, aren't you?"

[I]Dale, please, just get in.[/I]

Dale stepped onto the platform, which subsequently rose into the body of the machine, revealing a small chamber with a pilots seat and ..... from the looks of it ..... nothing else.

"Wait a second .. er.. whatever you are, I'm no pilot."

[I]The name's Qestrii, and trust me, you'll be fine. I'll guide you through it.[/I]

He hesitated for a moment, but eventually he headed towards the seat.

[I]I'll explain on the way Dale, but we have to hurry.[/I]

Elizabeth heard the alarm and looked up at Tiegre. Tiegre's eyes focused intently on her.

"I don't know the first thing about Mechs...." Elizabeth stated.

"You don't have to... besides, don't underestimate yourself Liz, you know more than you or anyone else realizes about the military."

Elizabeth looked at her and knew Tiegre knew everything about her. She nodded as if she was ready. Tiegre knelt down as Elizabeth climbed inside. The hatched closed, and Elizabeth felt warm inside the heart of the Tiger.

She smiled. "Alright, what now?"

"Just think about what you want to do, I'll do the rest...." Tiegre sat up and darted out of the base. She followed the shadows of the Mechs in the sky. Elizabeth looked around and realized she was seeing through Tiegre's eyes...

"What if something happens to you, and I can't hear you anymore? What do I do then, Tiegre?"

"You'll know what to do, Liz."

"I take it this is one of those "just be natural" games, right?" Elizabeth asked with a smile.

"Sort of, except this is no game. If I'm no longer available... you'll be able to know exactly what to do."

Elizabeth smiled, and she felt the breeze on her face... or rather, Tiegre's face... she was feeling everything Tiegre was feeling.

"Why is that?" Elizabeth asked.

"Because telepathy is one of my abilities, one of many more that you will soon discover."

Elizabeth's heart rose and she almost made Tiegre come to an immediate hault.

"My father...... is he okay?" she asked.

Tiegre was silent for a while as she focused. "Yes, Liz... he's okay."

"Where is he? He must be worried about me...."

"He's coming to the base within the week. He knows you're okay, Darcon already let him know you were safe."

"Darcon?"

"Saynes, father... Commander De'Larne?"

"Oh that's right... I didn't know he was Sayne's father..." she said. She looked up at the Mechs and remembered Sora's family.... she felt like a horrible person.... for being thankful that her father was alive... and yet knowing that Sora lost everyone except her father. She sighed.... they would be reaching point soon...

"Let your emotions go, Elizabeth.... it will help you in battle.... to be passionate, is to be determined... and determination moves mountains."

Elizabeth felt her fear rise within her, but she was ready... all her life she wanted to protect something.... or someone.... and she was finally able to do that.... with Tiegre at her side, she felt powerful.... as if nothing in the world could touch her... or hurt her.... she was starting to feel normal again.... comfortable... and she was able to be herself.

"Let's do this then, Tiegre..." she said with confidence. Her mind went everywhere as she closed her eyes and got herself acquainted with all of the components of her mech......

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Red]Sora looked through all of Blaze's weaponry and statistics.

[COLOR=DarkRed]What are you doing Sora?[/COLOR]

" Just looking through your statistics and weaponry."

[COLOR=DarkRed]You don't need those things...Discover what abilities I have rather than read about them. I reckon it's better that way.[/COLOR]

" All right. But I hope my discovering doesn't get us killed."

[COLOR=DarkRed]Always the optimist...[/COLOR] Blaze said sarcastically.

" Oh shut up Blaze!"

The MechAnima laughed.

[COLOR=DarkRed]By the way, you have a call...[/COLOR]

" A what?"

The intercom speaker suddenly jolted with sound. It was Keiji.

" Good luck to you on this mission. But what are we about to fight?" he said.

" I don't know. Probably that spaceship thing we saw that wiped out half the city..." she replied to Keiji.

The images of her mother and sister's dead bodies floated across Sora's mind. Although she had never seen them, it was hard not to imagine their awful fate.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Focus Sora....I don't want to lose you...[/COLOR] Blaze's smooth calm voice echoed around her. Sora came back to reality.

A sudden beeping went off.
" Huh? What's happening?"

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hold on Sora![/COLOR] Blaze swopped down near the lion MechAnima. A spacecraft of some sort screamed overhead.

" We're getting attacked already?!?!!?" Sora said hysterically.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Sora! Settle down! Geez, if I had known you were this jumpy I would have never picked you as a pilot![/COLOR]

Sora was shocked. " That was outright mean Blaze!"

Blaze suddenly shifted the acceleration shaft to full power by himself and shot off away from the others. The spacecraft tailed them closely behind. Sora concentrated, trying to gain control of her thoughts and emotions.
" Just like gymnastics before a competition. Breathe deep...hold tight..."

Sora's thought patterns merged with Blaze's and for a second, she had control of the MechAnima. The thought pattern merging is the thing that all MechAnimas do with their pilots. It is the key to joining with the MechAnima and fighting as one.

Closing her eyes again, Sora merged with Blaze again, becoming one.

[COLOR=DarkRed]That's it Sora...yes....that's why I chose you as a pilot....now lets kick some alien butt...in your words.[/COLOR]

Sora smiled, still with her eyes closed. She didn't need to open them because she could see what Blaze was seeing. They were one fighting unit.

Blaze whipped around to face the spacecraft. Sora could see a grey-skinned creature piloting it.
" That's our enemy..." she said in a voice not like her own. Blaze, with his wings now at full capacity, swooped on the craft, making it swivel around and shoot. Sora and Blaze dodged the lasers with amazing acrobatics.

Another beeping caught Sora's attention.
" More are coming Blaze.."

And a lot more wre coming. A whole battalion of flying spacecraft hurtled twoards the flying MechAnimas while another battalion of ground-based hovercraft sped towards the ground MechAnimas.

" This is going to be one heck of a fight..."[/COLOR][/FONT]

Keiji quickly moved to Sora's flank to make sure she didn't get taken out in the first few moments of battle. He knew tactics, and he knew she had left herself open for a serious blow. Not that they could land one on her. He let loose hundres of micro-missles into their airborne ranks, clearning away the ones Sora hadn't gotten to yet.

After several volleys of micro-missles had thinned out their air-units, Keiji moved in, and out of the thick cluster of space craft, gutting all that was in his way with extremely strong talons, pin-point prescision, and lightening speed.

Several lasers lanced out at Sora, too many to dodge. She got out of the way of most of them, but several more were coming in from behind her. His psyco-link made his course of action the first one he thought of: Jumping in the way of the blow. Amatu did not question it: his subconcious had overridden Amatu's judgement. Amatu threw himself with all the speed he could muster, which was alot, into Blaze's side. He made it just in time -- Blaze was only nicked by a laser-beam. Amatu was hit on his left wing, which made him lose altitude immediately, but he recompensated.

"Oh my god, Amatu are you alright!?!"

[b]Remain calm. I am a machine, I do not feel pain, however, if a laser were to hit you, the body part would be immediately melted.[/b]

"You're right..." Keiji was thankful Sora didn't get hit with the laser.

[b]But Keiji, she's bound to get hurt sometime in combat. You have to stop being protective; this is the battlefield.[/b]

Once again, Amatu had spoken sense. Keiji silently protested, but eventually came to grips with the fact. [i]My beloved? Fighting in a war... dying in a battle where I could've saved her?[/i]

He tried to shake the thought, remembering that his emotion only clouded his ability to pilot. He opened up with a new wave of micro-missles, skewering three or four at a time with the laser-talons, and ripping apart the space-craft with it's beak. Amatu was a torrent of destruction, and all that came near it were decimated, no questions asked. The only thing close to it and not being fired upon was Sora, as well as Sayne, who happened to come in and out of his firing range.

Elizabeth's heart raced as she saw the battalions coming their way. She looked up and hoped they could give them cover on the ground as well.

"Liz, you can't rely on others anymore... this is [i]your[/i] life, and you need to take control of it. You have the power to destroy your enemies... just believe that you can do anything... and you will..."

Elizabeth looked down for a while and a small smile creased her face. She laughed. "Then let's get rolling." she said. Tiegre picked up speed and ran toward the ground forces. Several tanker's started firing on Tiegre, but Tiegre was graceful and her metal body seemed to move as if it was weightless.

They reached the front lines and attacked the tanks, Tiegre was on them in seconds, with Liz pouring her heart and soul into her attackers. Anyone who threatened her life wouldn't live past the night. Her determination burned through her, giving Tiegre's movements more agility, and grace. They took out the enemies one by one, not stopping or haulting for rest... and Liz was starting to enjoy herself.

"I've finally had my chance to prove to myself what I can do..." she thought.

"I knew you had it in you... " Tiegre spoke. They tore through the lines of battalions like wild fire.... destroying everything in their path...

[COLOR=Red] " Let's make sure we take down as much ....blast that was to close. You control the gatling guns as I move around."[/COLOR] said Kraven

" What do I fire at...." Vick failled short on his sentence as his eye's widened as the hovering ground ships came in focus.

" What the hell hovering tanks...okay start moving Kraven."

Kraven started to turn left and right passed the ground hovercrafts avading fire from them. Vick began to fire recklessly as he was unable to focus the crosshair while Kraven moved.

[COLOR=Red] " Come one Vick can you at least hit one out of a couple of hundred. Excellent I knew you could hit one ." [/COLOR]

Vick managed to take one hovercraft down, the craft simply stoped in it's tracks as smoke raised from the side. The gatling guns blazed on but it was no match for the rest of the crafts. Suddenly the other crafts went down, the rest of the mechanima and the pilots had arrived.

" This is the only time I'm saying this , I'm damn glad you guy's just helped me out." Vick said as he opened a transmission to the other pilots. Vick than looked ahead of him to see Elizabeth just run through some tanks and Vick grew upset.

" Oh hell no no one is going to outshow me on the battlefield. Kraven you got any more weapons."

[COLOR=Red] " I have a small ordinance weapon it fires a couple of grenades it's located ontop of my back. Hit F3 to open the hatch so the weapon can come up. Just to let you know we must be stationary to fire it and it has a low chance of hiting the enemy you select."[/COLOR]

" That is no problem it just might hit the tanks next to it or behind it. Well let's show them hell Kraven."

The small but effective weapon fired a barrage of grenades at the closes unit of hovercrafts. The grenades went up in the air some went left, right or simply just droped straight down. Vick laughed as the grenades hit all over the ground as small explosions went off on the hovercrafts.

" Worked out better than I could hope for....hey why is the screen flashing low on ammo."

[COLOR=Red] " Don't worry we have about two grenades left." [/COLOR]

" TWO GENADES ! Well I just hope it is enough." Said Vick

[FONT=Impact]OOC: since i haven't posted in a long time i will be having a flashback to when i met my mech.[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Crap!!!! that was a big attack. are you okay silver? Yes, i am fine cliff. phew i thought i would lose you. do you remember when we first saw each other? said cliff
Yes, i do remember i felt something in you...something that no one else had......[/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Book Antiqua]~Flashback~[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I wonder if i can have a mech Cliff said. I want a feline mech....well the tiger and the lion are already taken and i see no other feline mech. just then he heard something in the corner. What was that?! said cliff Maria hid behind cliff and then out of the darkness came out a panther. whoa is that a mech? Yes, I am a mech said the Panther What? you talk? Yes, i am able to comprehend and speak your language. Why were you in the corner? asked cliff well i do not like those humans. they treated me like garbage. I despise them. Why are you talking to me then? asked cliff well i sense something in you....something that is nothing like them. really??? asked cliff Wow i never knew that...i really like you ya know said Cliff. The panther just ran up to cliff and laid next to him. cliff crouched down and started petting him. I shall call you silver is that okay with you? Yes, that is prefectly fine. Well how rude of me not to introducemyself...I am cliff and this is my Girlfriend Maria said Cliff. Nice to meet you Maria and cliff. You would make a real good buddy ya know that said cliff. Silver stayed quiet. i dont consider you a tool or anything i consider you a friend since you were nice to me said cliff. Silver replied Thank you cliff. I really appreciate your friendship. I knew you were nothing like those humans over there. they may have created me but they have no control over me. Yup you got that right said cliff. Silver Smiled. are you really a robot? asked cliff Silver replied I am not a robot i am an animamech. i have many special abilities and traits that make me very powerful. I excel in stealth,Speed and Range. I also have pretty impressive attack power. wow said Cliff you seem very strong. I am glad to have you as a buddy cliff said smiling. Thank You cliff replied Silver............[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua]~End Flashback~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]That was awesome huh Silver said cliff. Yes, it was magnificent. I would die for you Cliff. I may be a robot but that does not change how i feel. i have emotions as well. I dont know about the other mech's but i was uilt with an emotion chip that lets me feel emotions replied Silver. ahhh i see.just then another barrage of missiles flew down. move out of the way!!! said cliff. Roger replied Silver. Wow you are really fast said Cliff. Yes, like i said i was built for speed,stealth and Range. I wanna see one of your long range attack said Cliff. Roger replied Silver

PHOTON FLARE!!! Silver shot out 3 Lasers and they hit their targer precisely

Was that good enough Cliff? Cliff was speechless. Silver smiled and said now you see a bit of my potential.A bit?!?!?! said Cliff that was awesome and you are saying that was just a bit of your true potential? Yes replied Silver i can only muster my full potential when you command me too cliff. Really? asked cliff. Yes replied Silver. wow that is awesome! said cliff. Silver just smiled. Well lets continue the batlle ordered cliff. Affirmative replied Silver.
[/FONT] [/COLOR]

[B]OOC:[/B] Ah! Too fast, damn time difference.

[COLOR=Navy]Sakura was one of the last to get into her MechAnima, she was too in awe of the others and their own. Finally she noticed it was her turn and she stepped forward to the wolf. He got up from his lying position and rested back on his haunches, his chest opened, and she noticed it was quite high off the ground. Sakura took a few steps back and ran toward him, in the last metre, she switched into a series of backflips and ended with a aerial twist, which landed her on the hatch. She sighed with relief because she'd been worried to crash into the metal of his body. Sakura crawled through and saw the cockpit. She took a seat on the chair and started to flick some switches which turned the lights and power on.

[B]"So, what's your name, or do I have to call you Wolf?"[/B] Sakura asked grinning, as she pulled some levers.

[B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]"My name is Aria."[/COLOR][/B] he replied.

[B]"Alright Aria, pleasure doing business with you."[/B] she smiled, pulling back on the lever next to her seat, which shot her off through the tunnel.

She arrived on the outside and saw the others all battling, those who could fly were up there fighting the air-based enemies, while the land animals attacked the ground-based hovercrafts. Aria shimmered and a small note appeared on Sakura's screen, 'Adapting to current terrain...Complete.'

[B]"What was that?"[/B] Sakura asked.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]"I adapt to the surrounding so I can battle better. The shimmer sends out a signal to scan the area. Then it records and I adapt."[/B][/COLOR] Aria answered.

[B]"Ok then. Let's show 'em what you got."[/B] she pressed a few buttons and pulled back further on the lever by her seat, making them go faster.

Sakura noticed a hovercraft heading right toward them and called for Aria to release some sort of attack.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]"I'm two steps ahead of you, Sakura. Running Slash!!"[/B][/COLOR] Aria roared, and two blades flicked out of either side of his body. He charged faster and they ran right past the enemy. A second later, it fell apart after being sliced in half horizontally.

[B]"Wait, how did you know my name?"[/B] she asked.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]"I can tap into your brain. But now's not the time to talk of these things."[/B][/COLOR]

[B]"You're right, go for it!"[/B] she cheered, pushing another lever forward.[/COLOR]

OOC: I'm introducing the invaders.

Sayne watched as one after the other the mechanimas came.

*Beep*...*Beep*..*Beep*

Saynes eyes shot a glance at the raidar screen, 'Hn...looks as though we've been spotted,'

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Like you would of wanted it any other way[/COLOR]. Spoke Deviryn deeply

Sayne raised a brow.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Oh come on, I know what your like through and through. Your the type that holds nothing back. You wont take anything you don't deserve and you only speak when its necessary. Your mind is always focussed and you have a one track mind[/COLOR]. spoke Deviryn with a deep laugh. [COLOR=DarkGreen]Did you seriously think that I wouldn't of picked all that up. Your a person who would rather stay silent but have all senses opened. So hard to get close to. You and your father don't get along because you dont think that its pointless to do so...[/COLOR]

'Shut up,' growled Sayne.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Ok. ok.[/COLOR] spoke Deviryn

'Enough talking. Lets take them out,' spoke Sayne his voice almost sounding demonic

[COLOR=DarkGreen]And this is why i choose you....Lets Kill[/COLOR] Deviryn let out a deep and earth shaking roar as they entered the danger zone.

At that moment wires and patches attached themselves to Saynes head

'Hey what are you doing?' questioned Sayne

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Just trust me. We need to do this[/COLOR]. spoke Deviryn

At that moment Saynes eyes grew dark as statistical weaponary and strategic patterns rolled over in his mind. Sayne gritted his teeth against the painful amount of knowledged that swept through his mind. Then it ended.

Leaving him short of breath

'What....did......you do?' he questioned as he clutched his head

Just give it a second. spoke Deviryn

Sayne looked around the cockpit....for some reason...he seemed to know what every button and lever was for and what the weapons where and their effect.

'Well.....now thats what I call fast learning,' whispered Sayne as the emergency alarm was still going.

Sayne smiled as he gripped two levers which hung down on both sides of him which had blue buttons set on them,

'Deviryn....Battle mode.' spoke Sayne coldly as he pushed the blue buttons and pushed both levers forward, and locked them in. At that moment the seat moved forward and the cockpit arranged itself for battle, A pair of thick strapes hovered down over Saynes shoulders and another strap set itself across his lower mid-section. Strapping him in firmly. Sayne gripped another two levers which were settled on both sides.

The invaders rolled out in huge waves towards them. Some on ground some in air.

'Take them out,' whispered Sayne as he flicked four rows of switches, huge machine cannons appeared on both sides of Deviryn extending out from his neck and from the joinning of his wings. Sayne punched in a few coordinates to align with the on coming enemy.......and fired.

High powered lazer beams shot out from the cannons continuosly, taking out the first line as they flew threw the smoke and debbris caused by the explosions they caused.

Deviryn roared as they met the second line. This time Sayne used Deviryns bladed wings as they flew down the line cutting the enemies forces in half...suddenly the raidar picked up five huge ships loaded to the hilt with massive cannons more powerful than Deviryns

****Incoming Message******

' Hn....' grunted Sayne as he activated the Visual Reciever and saw his fathers face appear in the right hand corner of his screen

'What!,' Sayne spoke out as he tried to dodge a wave of lazer beams

'We made contact with the invaders.....they call themselves Cylargres. They are beings from another solar system...they want earth for there own and they'll stop at nothing to get it. Their machinery and technology is highly advanced........' began Commander De'Larne until he was suddenly cut off by another Visual incoming message which linked with the open port.

Sayne raised a brow as an unfamiliar face appeared on the screen almost human like except Its eyes were black, it had no pupil or anything....just black. its skin an off white colour and on its neck it had gills....opening and closing as it breathed

'Human...I am Andros... we are representitive for Cylargres mother ship...' its voice sounding husky and echoey, 'Surrender your lives....or we will destroy you all,'

Sayne gave a demonic grin, '..Hn...' he grunted

'You...mock our threats!...how dare you!' roared the Cylargres rep

sayne said nothing

'So be it...Death come to all those who rebel against us,' growled the Rep

'And death come to those who threaten us,' spoke Sayne coldly as he stared depply into the eyes of the Rep

'How dare you!!!.........' the rep roared

At that moment Sayne let out a psychotic laugh of mockery

'You will pay,' grunted the rep as he disappeared from the screen.

Sayne turned Deviryn around the face the following. Sayne then used Deviryns retractable blades which shot out from his wings which enlodged itself in the thick metal of the ship, the ships opened fire on Deviryn, Sayne then swung it into one of the other ships and they exploded as they collided into each other. He then opened fire on the three that were left following him...using another retactable blade it drove straight through the ship causing another explosion and with the last two they flew towards them, trying to dodge every bullet but some connected hard...but still they flew towards them, Deviryn let out a growl as they collided with the two.....Deviryn latched on to one of the ships and tore a huge hole in its side, with his tail he drove it deep into the ship and swung it around to connect with the last of the following ships and they both exploded beside them

'Shit.....' whispered Sayne as the explosion engulfed them and shook them hard

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Its ok. Nothing was seriously damaged[/COLOR]. reported Deviryn knowing exactly what Sayne was going to ask for

They opened fire upon another wave that headed towards them...........Sayne looked around on his monitor....the invaders were slowly depleting......he could see the aid trucks driving off with more civillians and the ground mechs torturing invaders who tried to stop them....

'Hmmm.....why are the Cylargres trying so desperately to get cavillans?....there must be a cause for this..what do they have planned apart from taking over earth?.....' spoke Sayne

[COLOR=DarkGreen]It is strange..[/COLOR]spoke Deviryn as they continuosly opened fire.

OOC: We wont find that out until we get back to base.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Darrius was strapped in tightly. The tiny cock pit was crammed with monitors and controls.
He had time to jam his earphones in and crank up his mp3 player before the mechanical cheetah started moving.
[COLOR=Gray]?Hold on to ya knickers!? [/COLOR] it joked before lunging into motion.
Darrius was thrust back into the seat and his body experienced massive acceleration force.
The flicking guiding arrows streaked past. Only the wolf mech was left in the hanger.
The monitor?s brightness assaulted his eyes as they emerged into the daylight.
[COLOR=Gray]?Comfy? [/COLOR]
?Stop showing off, you're fast i'll give you that? it was impossible to sound serious when he was having this much fun.
?Seriously I don?t know how much more G?s I can take before i black out, big cat?
?[COLOR=Gray]oh shit I nearly forgot, you humans and your frailties. Punch that red button on your left?[/COLOR]
Darrius struggled to reach the button and slammed it with his fist. A shiny silver substance oozed fron the floor and flowed up his legs.
?ohhh, it's cold, what the hell is that?
[COLOR=Gray]?nanobots, every mech has them. Useful little buggers, think of it as our paintjob in a bottle? [/COLOR] the mech chuckled.
?What are they going to do to me? he asked as his entire body was covered in what looked like liquid metal.
[COLOR=Gray]?Actually it s what you?re going to do to them, their connected with you now, accept them and you and me will be bonded. Accept them and then you can form them into anything you need. Like say a G suit??[/COLOR]

Darius formed thoughts in his mind, he needed all the benefits of a G suit, something comfortable and something that would identify him.
The nanobots formed a suit that clung to him like a second skin, a black leather textured jumpsuit, with a hood that covered his entire head leaving only a slit between the bridge of his nose and eyebrows.
The only embellishments on the G suit were a pair of distinct markings down the facemask like the tears of a cheetah.
As he accepted the bond, Darrius felt as if he had merged with the cheetah it was as if a tidal wave had washed through his mind, washing through the memories, and emotions he had chosen to lock a way. Fresh pain accompanied many of the memories.
[COLOR=Gray]?I?m sorry Darrius?[/COLOR]
?You could have done this, I mean read my mind whenever you wanted? he whispered with a tone of confusion.
[COLOR=Gray]?Yes but I wanted it to be your choice, as brothers. I wanted you to accept me with your own free will.?[/COLOR]
?I appreciate that?..bailey, your name is bailey!?
[COLOR=Gray]?Concentrate and merge with me. know me. our combat efficiency depends upon it?[/COLOR]
Letting his mind focus Darrius merged with bailey. And felt a conection that was almost spiritual.
Darrius could feel the wind whispering across baileys face, the dirt that his paws touched, every bolt and what it could do.

Opening his eyes he felt empowered.
?Lets go catch up shall we!?
With a feral cry bailey sprang into action, with a deafening noise the mech broke the sound barrier and kept accelerating. Bailey moved with a primal economy, it?s movement was fluid and graceful.

Catching up to cliffs panther bailey loped alongside, Waiting for Sakura?s wolf

Getting the transmission from the airborne mechs they prepared to engage.

Bailey raced up behind Vicks lion and leapt over it
?Nice hardware Vick but move that huge ass!? Darrius yelled into the COM link and engaged the hover craft in brutal close combat.
?There are too many of them on the ground, bailey bring out the toys?
The two LP/EM PULSE cannons, slid out from under the cheetah and moved up the right and left flanks to swing into position on the mechs shoulders.
[COLOR=Gray]?Gut guns online!?[/COLOR]
Bailey was like a whirl wind of death, leaping on top of speeding hovercraft and crunching through the cockpit with its fangs while strafing the enemy ranks with powerful laser bursts and gutting machines with primal instincts and its powerful claws.

COM Channel Established ||
>>Darrius here >>Sora!, Sayne!, Keiji!, lure the bastards over their own lines and shoot them down||

>>Sayne here>> hang on a sec man, I?m a little busy|| he replied swooping in to gut one of the huge ships.

>>Sora here>> roger that will comply Darrius||
>>Keiji here >> its gonna rain machinery! ||

Sora gave every one a heads up as she and Keiji pulled some amazing Arial gymnastics and decimated the alien fighter ranks over the battle field.

Darrius switched the gut guns to EMP mode and fired them into the melee with surprising effectiveness.
>>holly shit!! The EMP seems to shut them down! ||

>> Ok people! Who?s got an EM shockwave weapon on their mech? Maybe we can use it on the big ships, their shitting fighters out faster than we can kill them! || the voice of Sayne crackled over the COM link.

>>Dale here>> I do. but I need to wrap around the enemy craft to use it||

>>Sora here>>I?ll take care of it||

>>Darrius here>> well you all heard the commanders!, cover them damn it ||

>>?Were not your commanders!? || Sayne and Sora piped together.

>>Fei here>> like it or not you are our leaders in this || he chuckled over the COM link

Fei?s scorpion griped the snake mech and catapulted it into the air, Sora used the cover fire to swoop and snatch it from mid air. Weaving through the heavy blaster fire the phoenix got close enough to deliver its precious payload.
Dales snake mech wrapped itself around the huge ship and Unleashed its fatal Em shockwave
[/COLOR]

[B]+ Transmission Established\\[To Dale] ||[/B]

Keiji had to tell him... he just had to!

>>Dale, don't hit the EMP while our MechAnimas are in the blast radius! It'll take us out of || >>commision! I repeat, do not detonate the EMP Cannon while Sora is in the radius! ||

[B]+Transmission Recieved\\ [From Dale] || -- Low Quality[/B]

>> B....s........a..get ou.t...!.....|| (static)

[B]+Transmission End\\ ||[/B]

"No! Sora will be taken out!" Amatu hit the acceleration past the burn out limit, into the red zone, with 'Thruster Overheat!' warnings all over his cockpit. He only had to set his thrusters to burn for another millisecond.

Then he cut the engines, made a down-ward freefall directly at the ship, like a dive-bombing peregrin falcon.

"Sora! I'm coming!" Keiji's mech grabbed Blaze, yanking it downward at surprising speed.

Then the EMP detonated. Keiji threw Blaze down -- away from the EMP blast.

[b]You complete idiot! Our beam-talons have sustained damage from the EMP, and now we can't use them! All because you wanted to be a fucking hero. Get yourself together.[/b]

"No time to talk! Dale can't fly, and he's several hundred feet off the ground." Keiji doubled back, diving once again from above the quickly descending mother-ship, dropping like a rock. He hit his thrusters, picked up Dale, then strafed to the right of the falling air-craft carrier.

"The impact area will sustain less damage if I ... blow it up!" Keiji let several hundred his micro-missles go at the mother ship, fragmenting it into three sections. One was huge, the other two would only cause minimal damage. He let go several hundred more micro-missles into the large chuck, cracking it into two medium-size pieces, then all of the damaged sections of the mother-ship crashed down with shocking force. It landed in the middle of the invader's rankings, significantly decreasing their numbers. They all also hesitated the forward march -- their command ship had been taken out.

Keiji, remembering he still carried Dale, put him on the ground.

[B]+ Transmission Established\\ [To Dale] ||[/B]
>>Great job up there! You single handedly took out the mother ship! ||
>>Let's repel the rest of these guys. ||

[B]+ Transmission Ended\\ ||[/B]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]+ [B]COM Channel Established [general]||[/B]
>> Yeah good job dale! But it?s not over yet. We may have got one of their field command ships but there's still have six of those huge fighter carriers in the sky. ||
[COLOR=SlateGray]>>Ajack here>> your right, that?s not counting the one dale fried and the five, correction six Sanye torched we?ve got to take the fight to them||[/COLOR]

>> Ok gentlemen and hotties, your doing a great job unleashing hell right here so what say a few of us peel off, give the rest of you room to tango ||
[COLOR=Black]>> You mean flank them, drive them into the centre, say hi, with our hardware!||[/COLOR]
>>that?s exactly what I mean Liz||

With that several of the mechs pulled to the wings of the battle field, and tore into the flanks of the enemy. Darrius had to admit the lion mech was brutal in close combat, slashing and ripping into the rattled enemy with primal fury.
Bailey engaged his targets. Dodging the blasts from the hover tanks, he returned fire with his gut guns.
Bailey dug its claws into the earth and swung into a tight turn.
[COLOR=Black]>>out of the way junior|| [/COLOR] Elisabeth called over the COM link as her tiger mech lunged over bailey. It leapt from tank top to tank top thrusting its powerful claws through the cockpit and pounced onto the next victim with uncanny speed.

Momentarily stunned by the tiger?s acrobatics, Darrius fuelled his battle rage with the thoughts of the innocent people these scum had killed in the city and fought with renewed ferocity.[/COLOR]

OCC: sorry I was gone so long there

" Time to die.... I think not!" Fei yelled out as his anima had come to a stop at the top of a rocky bluff over looking the battlefield. It had been a long time. His anima 'welta' had been a very hard anima to contain and controll. It was the outcast of the groupe. Just like him. A gear moved slowley and the tail of his scorpion mech opened up.

" I want some action too you guys.." Rang out a call from the Intercom.

" What, who is that?" Responded vick

" Awww come on now vick, forgot me already? "

A reounding boom hit the air like a thunder crack. From atop the bluff, the scorpions tail acted like a sniper riffle. It rang again and again, untill it was out of ammo. Then it leapt down from the bluff and skid all the way to the bottom opening its claws for a fight.

" Im back kids, and i got alot to tell you, oh, and sorry ive been gone so long. Ive been doing some investigation. "

He would tell them after the rest of these annoying tanks were gone.

Sayne watched the others in a heroic form of destruction played by their strategic minds. A new wave darkened the skies before him. The enemy ships emerged from the six remaining Fighter carriers.

Sayne then sent out a visual transmittion to all mechs opening ports.

***Beep***Beep***

**Transmission Ports opening**

<< Sayne Here>> Heads up guys!...another wave...I'm going for the Fighter carriers. Anyone who wants to join me in raising the dead...do so. The rest take out the fighter ships....by the way..very cool in taking out the mother ship Dale and Keiji...and I see our teah. is back.

Sayne could see the deadly scorpion on the horizon ripping apart the fighter ships with his sniper like tail

Sayne flew through the fighter ships tearing some of them in half with Deviryns wings. Looking on the monitor he could see the mech Cheetah and Panther following on the ground destroying anything that flew at them.

A lion ran up beside them and just off to the right in the sky was the Griffin and Hawk, the other stayed back to fight the remaining fighter ships

**Opening Communication Port...Cheetah. Lion. Panther. Hawk. Griffin..Visual activated** as their faces appeared on the screen

[B]Sayne:[/B] Come to join the waltz....lets burn the bastards!

[B]Keiji:[/B] Im in.

[B]Ajack:[/B] Me too.

[B]Darris:[/B] Lets dance

[B]Vick:[/B] Lets Rock and Destroy....

[B]Cliff:[/B] Now thats what I call Dirty dancing......lets rumble.

The link ports were left open as they all headed towards the Fighter carriers who opened fire on them

[B]Sayne:[/B] Hey...you guys down there hungry?

[B]Cliff:[/B] Always...Feed Me!

Saynes devilish smiled returned to his face as they came in contact with the fighter ships

[B]Sayne:[/B] Heads up....Its feeding time!

Deviryn's tail suddenly whipped around and smashed through the control deck of the ship. sparks flew everywhere as metal parts were sent to the ground. At that moment on both sides of Deviryn the Hawk and Griffin shot passed and tore off the wings of the ship and it began its down ward spin. The Lion was the first to jump and cltuch the ship in its mouth before it hit the ground. Two more dropped from the sky caused by Sayne, Keiji and Ajack

The three remaing ships hovered in mid-air not moving. Suddenly one of them let out of the blue twenty heat seekers along with rounds of cannon blasts, Deviryn let out some decoys but.....two seekers hit Deviryn and exploded against his metal body causing great damage to his wings and engulfing them both with smoke.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne. my wings have been damaged[/COLOR]. Growled Deviryn

'Just hang in there,' spoke Sayne as he gritted his teeth against the massive shock that was sent throughout the cockpit. A couple of the control panels sparked and smoke filled the cockpit. Sayne quickly opened up the air-ducts and the smoke was sucked out.

'Now....two can play that game...' smiled Sayne as he flicked on a switch which lit up a control board above his head. He flicked on all switches and pushed forward another lever. Deviryn suddenly stood up right in the sky, His long body was exposed to the ship after the smoke passed. Huge buster guns and cannon guns extracted from all over Deviryns body and wings which sparked.

Sayne braced himself as he puched in a series of codes and the gripped the two levers beside him and triggered all guns.

The heavy ammo tore apart the ship that kept firing upon them. blasts hit Deviryn hard but still they fired back. smoke surrounded them again

The Hawk and Griffin were in battles of their own with the other ships which proved to be even difficult for them. These ships were layered with thick shields

'You ready' questioned Sayne

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Always[/COLOR]. replied Deviryn

Sayne and Deviryn suddenly flew hard towards the ship and collided with it sending out a massive explosion, Deviryn tore through the shield and straight the main control room of the ship. Deviryn latched on and retracted his blades into it causing even more explosions. The ship then decended in a down wards spiral.

'We need to destroy it fully,' spoke Sayne, 'And I know how....' as he punched in another code and pulled back on a lever

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Got it[/COLOR]. spoke Deviryn as he let go and flew along side it.

Deviryn then spun violently extending his wings which rip the ship into pieces and it exploded. The blast was intense as they followed beside it. It shook Deviryn hard. The smoke cleared and on the monitors was the ground. Sayne quickly grabbed the two thruster levers and pulled them back to pull Deviryn out of the down ward spin. Deviryn shook violently to the gravitation pull. Sparks were seen as Deviryns battered body twisted upward and flew only inches off the ground as it hovered across the ground with great speed sending dirt and debbris everywhere

[B]Darris:[/B] SAYNE PULL UP!!!!!

Darris and his cheetah were right in line for a collision.

Sayne gripped the levers even harder. Everything around him shook violently as he thrusted forward one of the boots levers. Deviryns body shook even more as the booters kicked in forcing half of his body up and that half flew over The Cheetah mech as it crouched down on the ground to avoid the collision.

Deviryn then hit the ground hard. His body slid across the ground creating a moute like trail behind him...and then he flipped three times before stopping. Smoke and sparks could be seen.

[B]Darris:[/B] SAYNE!....SAYNE!...you alive!!

[B]Ajack:[/B] SAYNE????

[B]Sora:[/B] Sayne!!!

Incoming transmissions were heard from the others as Sayne shook off the crash effect, His arm had a deep gash where blood flowed out, minor cuts and bruises...but he didn't care.

[B]Sayne:[/B]...Hn...

were the words they all heard from Sayne over the communication systems

[B]Darris:[/B] Man that was close...I thought that you were going to plow straight into me.

[B]Sayne: [/B]........nearly.........

[B]Ajack:[/B] Now thats what I call a crash landing!

[B]Sayne:[/B]..Hn....

A slight smile hung on Saynes face for a moment then disappeared.

All enemy ships had been destroyed. Deviryn stood up from the crash and shook all the dirt off. Sparks were still visible ad there was alot of damage done.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]I'll be ok to fly[/COLOR]. spoke Deviryn as they slowly took to the sky once again and headed back to the base.

[B]Sayne:[/B] Good fighting everyone. Now lets head back to the base.

They all searched the area one more time and then took off to the base.

Syon Base.

After entering back into the holding bay. Sayne immediately got out and started repairing Deviryn who was lapping up the attention he was getting from Sayne knowing that most people never got that from him let alone a hello.

Sayne knew every inche of Deviryn through the downloads he recieved from what happened in the cockpit.

His father, Commander De'Larne watched Sayne working hard. He wanted to praise him on what he did.....but.....as he remembered....he never did and because of the relationship between them was hard....he didn't know how Sayne would take it or if he even would

OOC: Ok everyone do your last scene or what ever then back to base to find out what the Cylargres other intentions are. Hopefully thats the end of my long posting..LOL

Elizabeth climbed out of her Mech and smiled at Tiegre. A soldier came running up to her and handed her a note.

"Your father is arriving in an hour, he wanted to give you the message."

"Thank God he's alive... thank you" she said taking the note. She went back to her quarters and grabbed her jacket before meeting him outside. He came out of the Jet all clad in uniform. She smiled.

?Sorry I was late Liz,? he said as he gave her a tight hug. ?We were having flight problems....? Her father said. Elizabeth smiled at him warmly.

?Honestly Daddy, we both know exactly whose fault this really is.? She said taking his arm in hers.

?Listen, if we took off without my briefcase, I?d be even later than I am now.? He said with an exasperated smile.

?Excuses like that, Daddy, will get you 3 marks and an automatic drop to a lieutenant position you know.? She said with a wink. Her father smiled and kissed her forehead.

?We?ll see about that.?

They walked inside the compound and there was a lieutenant waiting for them. She looked at her father and her father?s face went straight into that military face she would often see and was fond of.

?Admiral Jason Walker?? he asked.

?Yes, sorry for the inconvenience, there was a slight problem with preparations.? He said. Elizabeth couldn?t help but smile.

?No problem at all sir, they are expecting you inside.? He brought them to Dr. Kane and Commander Darcon De?Larne. Elizabeth kissed her father goodbye as he was about to walk into the office room.

She put her hands in her pockets and decided to wait with Tiegre. She wasn?t sure how she would tell her father that she?s working with the military. At age 13, she had expressed her wishes to be in the army? she wanted to work alongside her father in protecting the people? but he had rebuked her, and told her that there were so many other fields for her to work in. He wanted her to be a doctor? but she had no interest in that at all? she had admired her father and his work for as long as she could remember. All she wanted? was to fight for the ones she loved?

She reached the Mech room and crept inside. She wasn?t sure if she was allowed inside or not at this time, but she wanted to see Tiegre. She got out there, and went to the corner where Tiegre usually sat. She jumped up on top of her legs and played with her paws just like a little kitten.

She jumped when she heard a small clank on the stone cold floor. Tiegre ears shot up and listened for an attacker.

She walked behind the bins and was surprised to see it was just Sayne. She looked at Tiegre and smiled, and Tiegre recoiled back.

Sayne's dragon stirred and growled as she walked closer... Sayne in a heart beat had his gun out and pointing it at Elizabeth.

"Whoa, take it easy Sayne, I'm not the enemy." she said with her hands up in the air and a smile. He stared at her and put the gun away and continued working on the mech.

Darcon looked down at his son and shook his head.... what had he turned his son into... all this time, he was acting more like a Commander than a Father.... and Sayne had needed a father all that time.

?Do you always?. Carry a gun?? she asked as he put his gun away.

?Do you always ask questions with no relevance to anything?? he said not really looking at her.

She smiled. "Only when I know I can annoy those around me with them." he stared at her again and just went back to repairing his mech. Just then, the doors above opened. She looked up and saw Dr. Kane along with Darcon and Admiral Walker standing above the railing. Jason looked at his daughter with a surprised look.

?What are you doing young lady?? he said walking down the steps with Kane and Darcon. Elizabeth looked at Sayne and walked over to her father.

?I- I just wanted to take a look around, and-?

?And is he your guide?? he said looking at him with a flicker of anger in his eyes.

?No Daddy,? she said uneasily, ?I just wanted to do something as I waited for you-?

?She?s been chosen.? Sayne interrupted barely looking up from his mech. He wasn't comfortable with them all so close to Deviryn .He glanced up at Admiral Walker and he was still staring at his daughter in disappointment.

Elizabeth looked back at Sayne and then Tiegre.

?What do you mean, ?chosen??? Jason said.

?Our new weapons,? Dr. Kane showed him the MB?s and explained. Elizabeth looked down and felt completely embarrassed. Her father turned around and walked out of the room.

?I won?t have this. My daughter is not going to fight. She?s not even a soldier!?

?Daddy, are you not even going to ask what I want?? she asked. But Jason continued walking.

Elizabeth stood there waiting for an answer, but he kept walking. Darcon and Dr. Kane caught up with Jason and were talking with him. Sayne looked up and stared at the Admiral as he completely ignored his daughter. He shook his head and then she started talking to him.

?My father looks after me? he?s very protective of me, and well? sometimes? he doesn?t even take into consideration as to what I want sometimes?? she said. She looked back in the room and Tiegre was still looking at her. She felt attached to her for some reason, and it hurt that her father wasn?t listening to her wants or needs.

"I?ve got to go?? she said. She left the room in tears... why couldn't her father understand?

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]OOC: Wow, it looks like my character has completely vanished. Well almost, lol. I'm partner in this and I'm having trouble keeping up!!!

[COLOR=Red][B]On the battlefield...[/B]

Blaze and Sora were in complete unison. Sora's mind, heart and soul had combined totally with the Mech. She was now able to do anything she desired, as long as Blaze would agree to it.

Performing daring acrobatical stunts in the air, Sora and Blaze dodged all artiliry fired at them. Sora's heart leapt, finding that she could do the piloting on thought alone. Blaze was indeed a unique Mech.

Hearing the others converse, it was hard for Sora to add anything useful otherwise she would break her mind-link with Blaze.

Another exhilarating dive brought Sora's mind back to the battle.

" Everyone is using such highly advanced weaponary already Blaze..."

[COLOR=DarkRed]Don't fret about it Sora. Just concentrate...[/COLOR]

Sora did as she was instructed and soon, Blaze was performing daring stunts in the sights of all the others. It wasn't much but all she wanted was to dodge those weapons at all costs.

Feeling very alone with Blaze, Sora did as much as she could in helping them bring these alien things down. Seeing how everyone was so into the battle, Sora held back, feeling like she was getting in the way. This was definitely a new feeling for her and she didn't like it at all.

[B]At Syon base...[/B]

Sora and Blaze landed easily at the base. Sora cut the battle mind-link with Blaze and was released from the cockpit. Seeing all the others gather together and converse about the battle. Another new feeling came over Sora - grief. Feeling the energy from her body drain away from the battle and the loss of her mother and sister finally hitting her, Sora crept away to an empty corridor. She leant against the wall.

Every emotion you could think of entered her mind. Sliding down the wall and sitting on the floor, the day's events finally caught up to Sora as tears flowed uncontrollably down her face.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Sayne watched as everyone began to land. He still wasn't too impressed by Liz's father and his attempts to stop her from becoming a mech pilot....but he wasn't too good on giving out advice that would comfort her because of his lack of emotion so he thought best it to leave it....He was about to start again on Deviryn when he heard the pheonix land.

Sayne looked over his shoulder and saw Sora get out and slowly creep out of the holding bay and into the hallway.

Noone had seen her leave part from him and he knew something was wrong. He tried to keep working on Deviryn but couldn't

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Why dont you go see if she's ok.[/COLOR]. Spoke Deviryn in a deep tone.

'It's none of my business,' replied Sayne as he continued working

[COLOR=DarkGreen]That maybe so but...you could at least go see if she is alright...we're not in the war zone anymore[/COLOR] growled Deviryn

'Fine, if it shuts you up,' spoke Sayne realising that Deviryn wasn't going to let him get on with his work until he did

Sayne stood up and walked passed everyone who were still talking amongst themselves about the battle.

He passed through the door and found Sora sitting in the corridor. Tears ran like streams down her face. He carefully closed the door behind him. rubbed the back of his neck and then sat down beside her. This was all very new to him and he didn't know what he could do to fix the situation.

'My mother..my sister........' she began struggling to say something

'They're dead. I know.' spoke Sayne in a monotone voice while looking at the wall

'Its..just hit me now.' she cried, 'i've lost them both...so many emotions are running through me and I...'

Sayne sat and listened to what she had to say...Sora broke down many times within the words she spoke. then he heard her sigh

'They took them from me...I want revenge' she whispered

She cried even more but for some reason....she felt relieved after getting her feelings out...even if is was to someone who hardly said a thing...but she knew....he was listening. He didn't comment or anything..he just listened to her.

After the tears stopped flowing Sayne looked at her.

'Going out into battle with only revenge on your mind will get you killed,' he spoke coldly

Sora's eyes widened to his cold tone

'And there is someone here..who I know wouldn't want that...your father,' said Sayne as he stood up, 'Although it is hard to not want revenge in a situation like this...Use that vengeful anger to protect those how can't protect themselves...fight with a clear mind...not a clouded one...dont let it become you...,' he said as he looked at her...his hard stone eyes softened slightly in the dim light

Sora listened to Saynes words and realized that she had forgotten her father for that moment. She stood up and looked at Sayne whos eyes had gone back to its cold natural state. She smiled slightly after realizing that this was the first time he'd actually spoken more than just a few short answered words.. and it was proberly the last

Sayne looked at Sora, 'Go find your father...he needs you,' he spoke in his usual monotoned voice as they walked back in.

Sayne walked back across the holding bay and began working on Deviryn again as if nothing had happened.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]So how is she?[/COLOR] questioned Deviryn

'....Hn....' spoke Sayne

[COLOR=DarkGreen]You like her I know.[/COLOR] spoke Deviryn

'That isn't important nor is it irrelevant at this time,' spoke Sayne coldly as he continued on with the repairs.

Commander De'larne then gave them all passes each to their own living quarters. Sayne already knew where these were and they were situated above the holding bay where the mechs were kept. In each room it had its own bathroom facilities. Singel, double or king sized bed which ever they prefer. Their rooms were all down one corridor and Down the hallway from their rooms was the Rec room and kitchen.

The mech building was going to be where they'd stay. They couldn't put the young pilots to far away from their mechs incase of an emergency.

OOC: now thats the living quarters.

OOC: I'm going to go to the living quarters. Could amgoddess or Heero Darkangel explain what they look like?

IC:
Amatu thrusted into the base, then at the last moment before impact with a wall, with all possible reverse thrusters and stopped. A tube coming out of Amatu shot him out of the cockpit, landing on the ground in a cat-like crough. He stood, then walked in a circle around his MechAnima, surveying the damage. All he could see was minor scratches and a laser-penetrated left wing.

He did a system diagnostic, revealing that the left wing was the only thing damaged, so he set off to repair it. He didn't know much about machinery, so he called a few MechAnima techs to wax Amatu and mend the tear in the wing.

"Amatu, do not hurt these people. They are coming to help."

[b]I wasn't going to, because I have a harmonious pilot.[/b]

"Well thank you. See you later." Keiji wanted to see what the living quarters looked like, so he set off in the direction at which he was instructed they would be. He was on the right track, but heard someone gently crying, and decided to check it out.

It was Sora. Keiji froze, trying to decide what to do. Should he talk to her and try to console her, or just let her have her quiet time? Keiji decided to talk to her, and walked over to her. She stopped crying when he got to her, but she still had tears on her cheeks.

"Um... Sora, sorry for belittling you in the battle. Well, I threw you out of the way of the EMP Cannon because I thought it would've hit you, and if that happened, you would've free-falled and died... sorry about it all." Keiji looked down at the ground, deciding he said what he needed to say.

"Thank you, Keiji." That was all she said. Then she gave him the 'go away' look, which Keiji listened to. He turned and walked into the living quarters.

Most of the MechAnimas had entered the hangar, Qestrii being no exception. Though Dale could see the other pilots exiting their Mechs on the orbital display system (Qestrii insisted on referring to it in full) Dale still had a small dispute to settle with her.

"Damnit Qestrii! There must be something else we could've done out there!!"

[I]Dale calm down. You destroyed their mothership, surely that is -[/I]

"No! It's not enough! Admit it, we were useless."

When it came to the mothership, Dale had to admit it had left quite an impressive wreckage. The only problem was that the mothership was the only kill he and Qestrii had made throughout the entire battle. With the remains of countless fighters scattered across the battlefield, it meant nothing to him. He wouldn't have even managed that one kill without the help of the others.

[I]Dale, even MechAnima have limitations, as do humans. I was not designed with aerial combat in mind.[/I]

..... she had a point ......

[I]And besides, it is your first battle. Even without my help, I would not have expected you to learn this quickly. It is a complex system, and I would have preferred some time to - [/I]

" - teach me the basics. I know. Sorry Qestrii."

[I]There is no need to apologize, Dale. Shall I shut down weapon systems?[/I]

"Err .... no, I'll do it."

Dale ran his fingers over the two control panels on the arms of the pilot seat, checking the options that appeared on the display section in front of him. The controls weren't like anything he'd expected. No control stick, levers, switches, or anything like that. Just lots of buttons, which controlled the weapons systems, sensors and so on, and a palm pad which controlled movement. Throttle and weapons yield were controlled by voice command, and systems shutdown ........ he had no idea.

"Hey Qes, which one is it again?"

[I]The blue button, top left, left control. It should be lit up.[/I]

"Ah, got it."

The control panels retracted back into the arms of the seat, and the orbital display system faded as the display panels rotated into the walls. Dale released the seat restraints, and headed towards the exit platform, which Qestrii had conveniently lit up for him. As soon as both feet were on the platform it began to descend.

[I]Dale.[/I]

"Hmm?"

[I]My name is Qestrii. Why did you call me Qes?[/I]

Dale used his best imitation of Qestrii's voice. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

[I]Dale, please explain.[/I]

Dale hit the button that made the platform rise up again, and started to walk away.
"O-o-o..... no. Later Qes."

[I]Dale![/I]

"LATER!"

Dale stayed in the hangar only long enough to get his living quarters pass, then decided he might aswell leave. He didn't see any point in standing around the MechAnimas any longer, especially as some of the pilots were starting to head off to the living quarters.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3]On the Battle field[/SIZE]

The flanking mechs succeeded in bunching the enemy lines into the centre. The others quickly used the opportunity to send all manner of ordinance into the centre obliterating the enemy ranks.
Only pockets of resistance remained as the mechs dispatched the land forces, only to be met by screaming fighter craft.
Bailey engaged several of the aircraft and sprinted away from the others.
Weaving through the wreckage on the battle field bailey dodged instinctively as their blaster fire bit the dirt around the agile mech.
Returning deadly fire, Darrius realised that a dozen other aircraft had locked on to baileys tail. Flashing red lights and an annoying beeping confirmed that he had been painted and the enemy were deploying missiles. Darrius tried scrambling them but they were ballistic.
Reacting quickly bailey dug its claws into the earth and swung around firing rapidly at the approaching threats.
Darrius realised that he was going to be very very toast very quickly if those fighters sent some blasters at him.
Suddenly with a piecing cry Sora?s mech sped through their ranks. Its wings glowing red, the phoenix torqued, rolled and pitched through the enemy fighters leaving behind not one enemy fighter that wasn?t shattered, gutted or cleaved in half.

Darrius?s relief turned to horror as the dark shape of Saynes dragon mech plummeted towards him.
>>SAYNE PULL UP!!!!! ||
The mech thrusted up just in time, almost scraping the crouching cheetah.

The dragon mech skidded across the dirt and suddenly flipped violently before coming to a stop.
>>SAYNE!....SAYNE!...you alive!! ||
>> [B]Sayne[/B]>>Hn... ||

>>Man that was close...I thought that you were going to plough straight into me||

Darrius salvaged some machinery from the battlefield before returning with the others to base. However the bulky parts slowed bailey down causing him to arrive late back at base. Upon arriving he quickly secured the machinery and helped transport it to Dr Kanes analytical lab. Before returning to the mech hanger to check on baileys repairs.

Darius walked head long into Elisabeth, as she left the hanger. Apologising profusely he suddenly noticed the streaks down her face,
?Elisabeth what?s wrong?? he asked softly. ?C?mon we?ll go for a walk u can tell me whatever?s bothering you?
Darrius walked quietly with Elisabeth down the deserted corridor. With a little further coaxing he managed to get the gist of her encounter with her father.

??I know Darrius but I wish that my father would take into consideration what I want? she retorted in an aspirated tone.
? ahh fathers can be like that? he chuckled ?but try to look at it from his point of view, he loves you so much, and he doesn?t want you to come to harm, hell he?s serving in the defence force so he can protect you. Then you run off to battle behind his back!??
?Hey who?s side are you on any way? giggled Liz punching him in the arm.
?owww!,?
?Well why does he think I?m fighting!, its so he and other people like him stay safe?
?Wow I never knew you were this fiery? Darrius teased ?we ought to stick a warning sign on you?
?Seriously, your father might me a touch upset right now??
?Understatement of the year!?
??But I?m sure that when he comes to terms with it-and he will, he?ll respect you even more for it?
?But what if he asks Commander Darcon De?Larne, to pull me out of the mission??
?Come on Liz, I saw you out there today, you were amazing! Besides the only De?Larne we?ll listen to is Sayne. We?re mech pilots we?re a law unto ourselves?
?Oh we?ll make a rebel out of you yet Darrius King? Elisabeth laughed
?See now that?s basically turning a frown upside down?[/COLOR]

please forgive me for not posting for a while...i promist once my computer is up running again in 2 days...i know Ajack has been in one battle already...so when i fianlly am able to post ill do a long one;)...and get back on track.

For now...Ajack is back in the ER...his ''union'' with Apollo isn't going too well...the percentage of Apollo's fighting capabilities isn't at full capacity...the army is having doubt whether Ajack is the right one or not...so he's back in the ER resting. If you all dont mind...try to start up conversations with Ajack to get me into the story so i came work off something when i do return...so much reading:) take care...later

The battle had ended and Vick was one of the last to come back to base.

" Hey nothing like a little detour huh Kraven." said Vick

[COLOR=Red] " Next time I should pilot so we could get back early."[/COLOR]

Vick parked Kraven in his area and the hatch opened up for Vick to get out. Vick stretched and looked around to see no one around.

" Were is my welcome party damn people must be nervous around me." said Vick, Kraven than laughed.

" Okay were do I go ? Don't tell me I got to sleep here." Vick said. An offical walked up to Vick and yelled at him.

" You return to base with everyone , never return when you feel like it . Here is a pass to your room go down the hall and turn left. I advise you sleep because tommarow might be hell all over." Vick looked at the officer and opened his mouth.

" Sure thing buddy I know you want me to be your kids role modle." said Vick, and began to walk in search of his room.

" Forget my room I want to find the mess hall." so Vick began asking people were the mess hall is and after asking around the whole base he found it. Vick stood in line to recive his meal he looked at his tray and saw what looked liked a hamburger.

" School food it better be better than school food." said Vick to himself. Vick looked around for a place to sit he heared some one call out hey kid.

" Oh crap that Darcon guy and his officers want me to sit over their." Vick walked to the table and sat down. " My name is Vick and I'm the best of the best on the battlefield sir." said Vick as he and Darcon began to talk about the mission.