OtakuBoards

Project: True Destiny Unwinds [M-LSV]

Redemption

Elizabeth was walking back from the Mech room when she passed Vick in the hall.

"Good fighting out there today Vick." she said.

"I'm always good at what I do." he said.

She laughed. "Sure you are. See you later." he stared at her, and his face creased, but she just smiled and walked on. It was time to see Dale. He was still in the Infirmary.

She walked over to the nurses and asked if he was awake yet. They showed her to him, and she sat on the chair and smiled. He was half asleep.

"Taking a nap I see." she said looking at him.

"A much needed nap I might add."

"So what's wrong with you?" she said leaning back in her chair.

"A few bruises.... nothing much. They just wanted to run me in for tests that's all. Gave me a sedative, and I'm just now finally able to kick the light headed feeling."

"Well you'll live I guess." she said.

"Thanks for your concern."

"Hey, only trying to help. Take it easy okay?" she said with a smile, as she got up from the chair and left. She walked around the base for a whle and just sat against the wall.

"Now will you take the time to reflect on your own problems?"

"I'm fine Tiegre... I can't do anything about these problems anyway, so why deal with them?"

"because you'll go crazy when he gets here.... he's not going to be the same sweet man when he left the first time."

"I know.... I know..... why does he have to do this to me?"

"He's wanting you to change your mind."

"Well damit, I can't do that... not now... not ever. If he wants to lose a daughter, then fine by me." she said. She walked back into the mech room and decided to just spend some time in there. Her reasons were so clear whenever she was with Tiegre... and she wanted to feel sure of herself.. she didn't want to doubt herself anymore.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyu walked around, just walked. In a slight daze. Ajack had hugged her. that didn't really mean anything though but she still liked it. Her face went hot as she recalled it.She shook her head and headed for the hanger to talk with Desh, she ran into the commander on the way.
"Oh Sir, Masters won't be joining us at the meeting, he doesn't quiet feel up to it, says he has other things to do sir."
He nodded and she conrinued to the hanger taking no notice that she wasn't alone.
"Desh, you here?"
[I]Where else would I be Lyu? [/I]
"Oh, don't get smart with me you."
She smiled gently at the Mecha and leaned on it.
"Desh, do you think I'll ever be strong enough to fight with the others?"
[I]Your spirit seems so much more calm now Lyu, what happen to make you this way? [/I]
She patted Desh's leg gently.
"Just answer the question Desh."
[I]Yes, I believe in due time you will have the courage to fight with them...remember, they are your family now. You have to help them.[/I]
He gently pushed her with his muzzle as a sign of affection, she hugged his nose and kissed it lightly, she giggled and wiped the lip prints from the streel of him.
[I]Lyu, what HAs put you in such high spirits? If you don't mind me asking.[/I]
"I just think I found a friend that's all Desh."
[I]Could it be young Masters that I see in your mind?[/I]
"Desh! Stop that. It has nothing to do with Ajack...kinda.He talked with me and I felt so calm, like he knew exactly how I felt...crazy talk huh?"
[I]Not at all, well if your going to be fighting, don't you think that you should get to know my controls better?[/I]
"Good point open up Desh."
A loud hiss was heard as she entered the cockpit and began to run through the controls with Desh learning them inside and out.
"So this does what?"
[I]Don't thats the smoke screen![/I]
Gray smoke filled the hanger as she pressed the button under her fu=inger.
"Oops...Desh...I think you should TELL me what everything DOES before you just let me experiment...don't you?"
[I]Of corse...let me handle that Lyu...[/I]
"Thanks"
She listened as he talked to her about the controls and what each did.
"Great I think I got it. So now what?"
[I]Wish to relax?[/I]
Sure."
She reclined in the seat and streched back, she began to talk to him agian, smileing the whole time, the thoguth of Ajack's hug still in her mind. She smiled more as Desh began to talk about what he thought of the other Mechs, about them beign to serious and hard. Or them beign to fast or slow, or just plain mean.
"You know what Desh your something else..."
She yawned and rolled over closing her eyes she lay there listening to the engines of the base humming and the gentle sounds of the Mechs as they rested and recuperated from the battle.

After Liz dropped Qestrii off in the hangar, the mech insisted that he visit the infirmary, just to make sure he was still okay for the next battle. After a short check-up, and an unexpected visit from Liz, everything turned out alright. Thanks to Qestrii he'd managed to just avoid dislocating his arm, and the medical staff assured him that his dizziness was only temporary. It was good to here that he'd made it through unharmed, but Qestrii - she was another matter entirely. He picked up a tool kit on the way to the hangar, but as he stepped through the open door, the small box seemed incredibly insignificant.

It was definitely an interesting sight. Before departure every inch of her body had gleamed in the light, highlighting every intricate detail in her armour. Qestrii had looked absolutely perfect. Now she was.... well.... not. Most of the armour had been blasted right through, exposing just a few to many internal components. And then, of course, the missiles had blasted through them too. Any parts of the armour that hadn't been destroyed outright had been scorched pretty much beyond recognition. The most obvious problem with repairs was that Dale was by no means a talented mechanic. Dale stared up at Qestrii's eyes, one of which was flickering randomly. "You sure you can't do this by yourself?"

[I]I could do so in time, but it would leave me out of operation for several days.[/I]

By which time she would probably be needed in another battle. These damn aliens weren't doing him any favours.
"Fine," Dale moaned, "I'll give it a shot. Where should I start?"

[I]The generator would be the best option. Once it is operational, I will be able to begin the self repair process.[/I]

"Then can you do it by yourself?"

[I]No Dale, I will still require your assistance.[/I]

"Damn..."

It didn't take Dale long to find the generator maintenance hatch, but he still had no idea what he was supposed to do when he opened it. He reached out to open it, but pulled back his hand from the heat. Tearing off a piece of his shirt sleeve, and wrapping it around his hand, he tried again.
Qestrii guided him through the process step by step; recalibrating the generator turbine, replacing the coolant cylinders, and so on. Not to forget the occasional kicking fits, which Qestrii severely protested against. After about half an hour of work, the generator was up and running again. Dale then had to set about helping repair Qestrii's other systems.
He was hard at work with the energy cannons when Qestrii stopped giving him instructions. He thought nothing of it at first, then looked up in confusion.

"Qes? Is that it?"

[I]Elizabeth rescued the both of us. Why do you not appear grateful?[/I]

He clambered down from the side of the MechAnima's head, and sighed. "Of course I'm grateful Qes. To both her and Keiji."

[I]Yes, and yet you have approached both cases in the same way....[/I]

"Leave it. I'm not going to talk about it, so just give up already."
Qestrii had been bothering him throughout the journey back to the base. She may not have the telepathic abilities of the other MechAnima, but she was certainly very perceptive.

[I]Dale, I only want to help.[/I]

He spun around, glaring directly at her. "Then leave it. Just shut up."

Dale dropped the tool box heavily onto the floor, and, having removed the piece of his sleeve from around his hand, he strode off towards the door, hands tucked firmly into his pockets.

[I]Dale?[/I]

Dale stopped, and wheeled around again, his expression much calmer this time. He smiled slightly, raising his ruined sleeve in the air. "First, I'm going to change this shirt. Then," He tried his best to keep up the relaxed appearance, but his smile inevitably wasted away. "Then I'm going to check up on this transport of yours."

[I]And the repairs?[/I]

"Don't worry, I'll come back as soon as I'm done. I promise."

He turned again, and headed through the door, in the general direction of the control room. Hopefully they would be able to comfirm Qestrii's search results. If not....... he didn't really want to think about it.

Keiji stood up from the crouching position he had been in for the past half hour. Sora wasn't responding, and his efforts were fruitless.

[i]I wish I knew if she was alright. I'm sure there's got to be something wrong other than her arm, or she wouldn't be this distraught. Man...[/i] Keiji developed a concerned frown.

[b]Yes, there's something wrong. I'm sure she heard you, so leave her alone. She probably doesn't want to talk to you now anyway.[/b]

Keiji silently nodded, and decided to go back to check on Amatu. He opened the doors to the hangar, and took a look around.

"Holy ... Shit!" He exclaimed upon the sight of Qestrii being in terrible condition. "Is Qes alright?" Keiji called from afar. He broke into a run across the hangar, and made it to Dale.

"No... Qes isn't alright. I'm doing the repairs to the generator."

"Do you need any help or anything? I mean... I've gotta be of some use to you."

"No thank you. I'll manage." Keiji was worried about Dale's response. Clearly Qes was in terrible condition, and Dale needed all the help he could get. But he didn't want it. Again, he didn't feel like encroaching on his choice, so he jogged over to Amatu.

"Hey Amatu. How're you?"

"In wonderful health, thank you." Keiji walked around him looking Amatu over from talon to beak. He was in very good shape, just like he had said. There were a few scratches, ones that the techs could easily fix. There was no internal or system damage.

"You're tough, man. I appriciate that."

"No problem." Amatu's systems went back to battle analyzation. Every action of him and his team was being strenuously analyzed. He was slowly formulating an efficient combat strategy that could incorperate all their strenghts, and compensate for their weaknesses. Not only skill but personality and emotion were also thrown in the generator.

"I know you're busy and all, but would you like to go train? I want to be the best out of all the MechAnimas. No one really notices me. People don't rag on me, and call me names, but everyone drools over Sayne. Maybe I'm greedy for attention, but I want people to regard me more that just some kid in a MechAnima. You with me?"

"Yes, but not for the same reasons. I want you to get better, and it will give me better data to analyze. Hop it."

Keiji stepped under the shaft where Amatu sucked him up. He landed in his piloting seat, where he buckled up. All the pre-flight checks had been performed.

"There will be no need for use of real weapons. You can simulate them on the computer."

"Will do." Amatu took off into the sky, flying over the by-gone battlefield; a place where blood had been spilled not even an hour ago. He bowed his head and closed his eyes for a few moments as a sign of respect to all the civilians killed.

Then Keiji lifted his head. "Simulation engage."

Amatu quickly pumped the information for the training session. Today would be work on reflexes and becoming synced with Amatu as fast and efficiently as possible. Keiji confirmed, and the simulation started in a matter of miliseconds.

"Very good. You processed all that information, and sent me a response swiftly. You've done well so far." Keiji realized that eveything in a training session would be training. Even conversation or instructions. He had to be extremely concentrated.

"Now, you will fly full speed at the skyscraper, then avoid it at the last possible second. If you wait too long, I'll engage auto-pilot at the last possible second 'til eminent impact. Go."

Keiji gritted his teeth, hitting his thruster output to the red line, and further still. He hit the output limit, and kept it at that, lest his thrusters be permanently damaged. Amatu flew in a straight line, with the skyscraper coming closer, and closer still, feeling Keiji's concentration.

30 feet. 20 feet. 10 feet. 6 feet. That was the last possible point where Keiji could change directions. And he did, right at he 6 foot mark. He thought for sure he would die, flying full speed into a skyscraper, with 6 feet between him and the building. But he had no time to entertain such thoughts. Those meant failure in this situation. Or death in real combat.

He hit every apogee motor on Amatu to thrust to his right, so that he may avoid the skyscraper. Every system was pushed to its brink to push him past the metal pillar standing in his way. He past it, and immediately brought down the speed significantly, hitting all system coolants.

"Excellent! You broke the world's speed barrier, as well as completed the task without my help. If you had waited but an inch later, I would've had to take over and save you. But you didn't need my help. Well done."

"..." Keiji was panting from the stress of such a situation. The gees of acceleration did not act upon his body completely due to a G-Nullifier which was embedded in his cockpit. "Thank you..."

"But praise is temporary. Onto the next test. Syncing." Amatu once again transmitted him an enormous stream of data. Keiji was accustomed to the feeling of numbers and letters rushing through his head, and he could understand them all at once. They said that they were going to fly into the lower Stratosphere (Note: Stratosphere is the lowest layer of the atmosphere), then dive-bomb at the ground. The objective was to sync before crashing and dying when hitting the ground. This time, Amatu wasn't going to save Keiji, or so he told him. Amatu only wanted for there to be more reason to succeed. Life or death was a wonderful incentive.

"Let's do this shit!" Keiji said partially out of adrenaline rush. He commanded Amatu to go to the Stratosphere, then they quickly dive-bombed. They decended at a surprising rate. Again, he pushed the systems rather hard, but not as hard as before. Speed wasn't a deciding factor here, only unity.

Keiji forced the residual thoughts of anger, regret, lonliness, happiness, joy, or hunger out of his mind. Those would only hinder him. Emotions clouded your mind, which he desperately needed for this.

He felt his soul exit his body, and move into the generator of his MechAnima. It was a rather strange feeling to describe. The closest thing to put to words is that he felt liberated, free, and invincible. Well, he actually felt like God. Without fear, regret, or hesitation. He was pure, perfectly synced with Amatu. He didn't use any controlls, or even his thoughts to change Amatu's trajectory. That was because he essentially [i]was[/i] Amatu for a short while. For only about one minute, he had achieved perfect sync with his MechAnima.

Severing the connection felt painful. Not in the physical sense, but in the emotional plane. It was like crashing down from an incredible high on a drug. He was going from God to mortal, what worse feeling was there? He brought Amatu back into the hangar, where Dale was still, and landed.

"Very good! You've synced with me perfectly... something none of your colleages have achieved yet. They've synced with their MechAnimas at around the 87% mark. You've done the unthinkable, going into the 99% sync ratings."

"Yes... thank you." Keiji was extremely happy, and smiled, but he could only sit down.His legs felt a little too wobbly to stand up anymore.. Then he couldn't support his back so he layed down on the flat floor. He knew it was the emotional let down he had experienced.

"I know, it's because you were so synced, you feel sick to return to your imperfect human body. But that's alright. Since you seem so surprisingly gifted, I'm sure we can always be in around 40% sync, even when you're not near me. That way you don't feel sickly all the time.

He felt some of Amatu and his spirit combine, going into Amatu. It felt like he was normal again, maybe more cheery than usual. Dale looked across the cavernous hangar, in partial disbelief. Keiji could only suppose that he was watching his training, and saw two suicide attempts or something. When he thought about it, it would seem extremely strange seeing someone pull away from two consecutive suicide attempts. But he didn't feel like explaining to Dale. In the back of his mind, Keiji wondered if anyone else had seen it, and knew what was going on.

Keiji walked down the hall, slowly, smiling lightly and looking around the hall. He felt more observant than usual. Amatu came into the back of his mind again, telling him that his happiness was only temporary, and he would return to his regular self soon. Keiji was partially thankful. He didn't want people thinking he was some mood-swinging guy or anything.

He walked back into the common room, and plopped down on the couch, watching TV. His training had also left his body and mind slightly fatigued.

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Sora had indeed heard what Keiji was saying but still, she was furious at Sayne. Liz had come in and calmed her a bit, however, she was still angry. Her arm throbbed from her home-made bandage and stitching, which she had done herself and without any painkillers. It wouldn't have mattered. In the mood she was in, she couldn't feel any physical pain.

" It's like trying to break down a fortress with a hammer...not one dint whatsoever!" Sora said, the frustration very clear in her voice. She punched the wall with her injured arm, not feeling it connect. Never in her life has she been so furious. Sora was normally cool, calm and collected but Sayne just frustrated her beyond normality.

One of her stitches snapped and her wound opened. Sora clutched the bleeding wound which stained her uniform.
" Stupid....stupid....stupid....Now I will have to go and get them stitched up."

Opening the door, Keiji was sitting on the couch, watching the TV.
" Keiji?" Sora asked. He sat up quickly and looked over the back of the couch.
" Sora?"
" Could you help me to the Infirmary please? I don't know where it is from here."
" Okay." Keiji stood up and accompanied to Sora to the Infirmary.

There, a doctor scolded her for not coming sooner but commended her on the job she tried to do on her arm.
" If you did break the stitch, you wouldn't of needed to come here. What exactly where you doing when it broke?" the female doctor asked, one of her eyebrows arched. Sora remained silent.
" You don't have to tell me but next time, come to me if you have any injuries. The Commander wants to know how many pilots were injured and what injuries were sustained. Okay?"
" Ok," Sora replied. The doctor opened the curtains after Sora had put a fresh uniform shirt on. Keiji was waiting patiently outside for her.

When he saw that her arm was freshly bandaged, a relieved smile came over his face.
" All okay now?" he asked.
Sora nodded. " For now I think."
They started walking back to the dormitory.
" So Sora. I know its not my place to pry but I think there was something else other than your arm that hurt today..." Keiji started.
" You're very observant," Sora replied.
" Well, can I ask what was it?"
" Sayne..."
" That jerk..."
" Yeah...I tried to thank him for saving me and Blaze but he never acknowledged me or my gratitude. I am so angry at him!"
" Oh...."
" Sorry to put that on you...but you asked for the reason...and I told you it."
" Nah, that's ok. I can handle that."

Soon, they arrived back at the dormitory. Almost everyone was back and chatting away. Sora thanked Keiji for taking her to the Infirmary and she left for the hanger. Completely ignoring Sayne and his Dragon MechAnima, Sora strode over to Blaze and hoped in the cockpit, doing some syncronising training int eh pitch-darkness of the cockpit.[/FONT][/COLOR]

(...I'm on a role...I guess it makes sense since I have so much to catch up on)

It was beautiful...Ajack was flying...the wind blowing through his long blonde hair; he was going an incredible speed. Suddenly he felt himself inside Apollo's cockpit. He couldn't see any of the machinery in the cockpit...it looked like he was flooting in mid-air. He could see everything on the outside...like he was outside himself.

[I]It must be the helmet covering my face.......are these your eyes Apollo?[/I] Ajack thought to himself.

It was an open desert with a bright blue sky hovering over the horizon ahead. He could feel the tension within the cockpit...and yet he felt so free. His hands on the controls on both sides pressed downward with his wrists having Apollo run.

It was amazing...everything he wanted to do was done by just a mere thought. He felt himself moving the controls, however without any effort. In the view...which he presumed to be the screen. In ever direction were targeting points on the screen...potential attack strategies, distances, calculations. Strangly enough Ajack could understand and comprehend all of it. It was like the machine was processing it directly into his mind.

[I]I can't believe this...Apollo...APOLLO!...can you hear me?[/I]

No response....but this time was different. Instead of a verbal response...he felt a certain feeling run up and down his spine.

Suddenly a rush of pain shot through his body...it felt like being back in that ER room...on the verge of dying; like his spirit was being drawn right out of him. Then just as quickly a comforting feeling came upon him. But something was different...he was thinking of things that he never knew before...weapon systems, power boasting, talons, flying...what the heck was all this.

[I]Is all this information about you Apollo?...it has to be...thats a stupid question....your quite an amazing piece of work my friend. Wait...did I just call you friend?[/I]

From that thought...Apollo leaped into the air with all its might from its back hind legs.

[I]A sense of approval I see...sounds good to me; lets see what else this baby can go...LETS GO APOLLO![/I]

As the two of them ran through the open desert...Ajack noticed something coming from his backside. As it ran next to him...he noticed it was Desh...the Fox mech...LYU's Mech!

A video uplink was connected and Lyu's picture was shown in the corner of his eye...her looking right at him.

*slight giggle* ''hehe...hey Ajack...I'll race ya.''

''Oh your on...''

It was strange...and yet at the same time...it was pleasant. He just got completely lost in her smile...always so cheerful...the same kind of comfort he now felt with Apollo...he felt around her. They hadn't known each other long...only recently she had actually opened up a bit to him.

Looking at her now...with her long black hair and blue eyes...she was quite lovely...he had missed her when they parted.

Then an attack began...drawing Ajacks attention away from Lyu towards the battle. Explosions...lasers, tanks; the entire alien fleet seemed to be in view. Looking back...he saw Lyu and all his friends bodies dead on the ground out of their mechs. Sayne's dragon, Keiji's Hawk, and Sora's Phoenix were still functioning doing battle with the fleet.

Apollo burst skyward using his wings and jet packs to get a view at the battle. The other mechs. were on one side of him...while the incoming fleet was coming on his other side.

He knew he had to help his friend...and multiple targets appeared on the screen highlighting all the enemy units.

***Oblivion Activated***

Ajack's finger was on the trigger...he was just about to fire when he stopped himself in mid-action.

''Wait...I can't do this...what if I hit the rest of them...its too risky.''

Taking his hand of the trigger...Ajack turned Apollo to look at the fleet coming to its comorades aid.

''I have to trust my friends that they can still fight...I've gotta buy them time first.''

So Apollo flew earth bound; preparing itself for its other special ability. Digging its talons into the ground...Apollo's wing's began to flap extremely fast...charging up for its attack.

***Final Blast Activated...Waiting For Further Fire Command***

''FIRE!''

''Fire!'' Ajack cried out as he awoke from his dream.

''Oh my...I can't believe it...it was only a dream. Wow...it felt so real.''

He was sweating all over...as he stood up he saw Apollo still sleeping beside him.

''I wonder if you dream...my friend.''

Gently rubbing the back of the griffin's head...he kissed it and walked away towards the exit.

''I need some fresh air.''
''Thank you Apollo...as much of a pain in the ass you've been...I think you've actually help me get out of my little shell.''

As he began to walk to the exit...Ajack looked at Desh lying asleep as well...it's chest was exposed showing the entrance to the cockpit...

''Lyu must be in there...looks like we both can just sleep anywhere I guess.''

Then he looked back at his dream...running in the desert with Lyu beside him. Then the feeling of lossing her.

''Sweet Dreams Lyu...''

Wwwooo...am I starting to like this girl? I haven't felt something like that for a long time...man, as short as I've know you...I can imagine lossing you.

''I guess I'll just keep it to myself for now...''

Don't be so foolish Ajack....she probably doesn't like you like that anyway...your just a good friend. he thought to himself.

Its a nice though...you never know. I care for her though...thats what matters most.

I couldn't possibly lose any of my friends...those close to me. I won't allow it...I'll protect them with all that I can. I will fight with, and for them till the end comes for me.

Walking away...yet again wishing Lyu in his mind again a nice night...he couldn't help himself smile.

''Look at me...talking to myself...I definitly need to get some fresh air...I hope its a beautiful night outside.''

Dream dreams my friends...for those I know...and those that I don't...you certainly deserve it.

Elizabeth was sitting in her room when she heard Sora come in... she had gone down to the hanger, and she seemed upset again. She walked over to her room quietly and sat down looking at her. She was cradling her arm and looking at the wall.

"Still said nothing to you?" she said. Sora nodded slowly. Liz looked at the same wall and sighed. She knew Sora was hurt.

"It's as if no matter how hard I try to get him to see me... he doesn't. I know he feels something for me... what am I supposed to do?"

"Do you feel something for him?" Liz said quietly.

"I don't know... I'm just comfused."

"No doubt you are... but if you care about him... think about the things you want. You want him to understand you, right?" Elizabeth said looking at her. She nodded silently. She turned Sora's face toward hers and smiled.

"Then you need to do the same. He is a very secluded person... while he most definetely cares about you... it's hard for him to show that kind of emotion... to anyone. Allow him that... don't push so far. He's not perfect... we all have our problems... and he deals with his in different ways. But his ways... are [i]his[/i] alone. As his friend... you should just make sure you're there for him."

"But what if I need him here for me? He doesn't even acknowledge me when I need him the most."

Elizabeth looked at her seriously. "You need to find exactly what it is you want... and if he can't give you that... then you're looking at the wrong person... but if you care about him... despite everything else... then what you recieve shouldn't matter... not every man is perfect for you, Sora. You have to find that one... that makes you happy. Only then, can you both be happy. He cares about you... in his own way. And while it may not be the way you would imagine someone showing warmth... or feeling... it's still his way." she smiled. "And he does show warmth... you just have to keep an eye out for it sometimes." she said.

Sora nodded as Elizabeth stood up. Sora smiled up at her. "So what are you looking for in a man, Liz? Surely you have someone in mind."

"To tell you the truth... just as long as I feel needed.... I'm okay." she said with a smile. "That's all I look for." Elizabeth walked out of the room and went for a walk. She needed some more air. Her father was coming tomorrow... and she wasn't sure what to expect.

[COLOR=Navy]After about 10 minutes of a nap Sakura woke up and sat up quickly, she suddenly remembered Aria's broken blade. She got out of bed and left her room, she saw a few of the other pilots around. She saw that Sora was still upset and was talking to Elizabeth.

Sakura made her way back to the hangar and saw that not many people were there, but Dr Kane was and she ran over to him.

[B]"Dr Kane, it's good that you're here."[/B] Sakura said smiling.

[B]"What is it?"[/B] he questioned.

[B]"In the battle, Aria broke one of his blades, the one on the left. I was wondering if we can get it fixed."[/B] she responded as they walked over to Aria.

Aria stood and asked her why she wasn't resting, she quickly explained that she'd taken a nap and got into the cockpit, flicking out the blades, then she climbed out to survey the damage. Dr Kane was inspecting the snap and told her that he'd get it fixed and walked away to think of what he'd need.

Sakura told Aria that she'd be right back and went to grab some cleaning supplies. She returned and climbed carefully into the cockpit. She set about cleaning the dried blood off the controls and brushed off the dust that had been there since the beginning. When she was done, everything was shiny and the screen was clearer than before.

[B]"There, that's better."[/B] she said, looking at her handiwork.

[B]"Hey Aria, how about we practise some synchronization skills, if we practise enough, I'm sure I won't feel as tired after."[/B]

Aria agreed and they practised some simple things because they were so confined, after 20 minutes they stopped and Dr Kane came back with the things that he needed. He told her that it would take a while so she left and went back to the common room to watch TV.[/COLOR]
[B]
OOC:[/B] Sorry about the lengths lately, I can't really think of much nowadays.

Sayne lent against Deviryn...he had heard Sora and what she said and he even heard Liz......He wasn't the type to accept thank yous.....He saw saving Sora's life a mission...in which anyone would do.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]You've hurt her....you know[/COLOR]. spoke Deviryn, [COLOR=DarkGreen]Why do you do that...when you have such strong feelings for her?[/COLOR]

'Because.......I don't know if I...could make her happy..the way others could....Hell I dont think I could make anyone happy..........i was never raised for things like this......I was never taught them.......it's confusing,' whispered Sayne

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Why dont you just tell her?[/COLOR] questioned Deviryn as Sayne stood up

'because I dont know how.....I don't even know if she feels the same...Hell I'd proberly miss it even if it was thrown in my face!!,' exclaimed Sayne as he raised his hands above him

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Just go talk to her...she's very understanding...[/COLOR]whispered Deviryn. Sayne looked at him for a second and then agreed with a nod

Sayne ran down the corridors looking for her. He ran into Liz and asked her. Liz told him that she had gone to the Infirmary with Keiji

He then took off hoping that she was alright. He got to the door and was just about to open it when he heard them talking

" So Sora. I know its not my place to pry but I think there was something else other than your arm that hurt today..." Sayne heard Keiji say
" You're very observant," She replied
" Well, can I ask what was it?"
" Sayne..."
" That jerk..."
" Yeah...I tried to thank him for saving me and Blaze but he never acknowledged me or my gratitude. I am so angry at him!"
" Oh...."
" Sorry to put that on you...but you asked for the reason...and I told you it."
" Nah, that's ok. I can handle that."

Sayne looked at the door for a moment and then pulled his hand away and put his head down slightly

'Thing is Sora...I've always acknowledged you....' Sayne whispered upon the door, 'maybe Keiji....can understand your needs.....better than what I will ever do' Sayne then walked back down the corridor.

Sayne walked back into the holding bay and saw Deviryn. A moment later Sora walked out but egnored him

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Talk to her[/COLOR]. erged Deviryn

'After what i heard......she doesn't want to know me....so lets forget about it....it's better left like that then to find out.....that she never felt the same,' spoke Sayne in a cold tone as he boarded Deviryn and took off in an opposite direction to Sora.

Liz walked back inside the compound. The island's sea air was getting to her. She looked in the hanger and saw Sayne just sitting in the room alone.

"Don't Liz... you'll only get hurt in the end."

"Tiegre, why don't you just stop being so protective... let me make my own mistakes." she said as she walked over to him.

"Need someone to talk to?" she said looking down at him. He kept looking ahead, not even acknowledging her.

"You know, I was just thinking what it would be like to like someone... It's weird, I've never thought of anyone in that way." she said as she sat across from him. He just kept staring.

"Did you find her? Because she said you didn't talk to her when she came down here."

"She doesn't want to talk to me." he said.

"Now how do you know that?"

"Because I heard her, alright!!" he snapped looking at Liz. Elizabeth froze for a second and then a smile creased her face.

"Try harder, Sayne."

"What are you talking about." he said half angrily.

"If you really like her, she should be worth it to confront."

"Why do you care so much?" he said looking at her, his eyes narrowing over her.

"I want to see you happy. And I want to see Sora happy. You care for her... don't you?"

He didn't move for a while and then slowly nodded.

"Then she should be worth talking to. Or at least... to tell her how you feel. It would mean a lot to her, and you would feel a lot better for it."

"You make it sound easy Liz."

"That's because it is, Sayne..."

"Well not for me... I don't know the first thing about pouring my heart out to someone, let alone caring and showing that kind of... affection..." he said.

She looked at him blanky for a second and then smiled.

"That's the most you've ever said to me. I must be making some kind of progress."

He looked at her seriously, and then shook his head as a small smile formed on his face.

"Listen, no one is ever really [i]taught[/i] how to show affection. It's just a natural impulse when someone cares for another person.

He was silent once again as he thought about what she was saying.

"Sayne... she [i]does[/i] cares about you..." she said. Suddenly she laughed and he looked at her as if something was wrong.

"She wouldn't be so mad at you if she didn't have feelings for you you know." she said as she winked at him. She stood up and walked away. She knew this was a big decision for him... hopefully he would make the right one for him.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Red]Darkness surrounded Sora as she sat alone in the cockpit of Blaze with her eyes closed, concentrating on their sychronisation rate.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Try to clear your mind Sora...it's too cluttered with other thoughts...[/COLOR] Blaze suggested.
" I'm trying Blaze. It's just so hard at the present," Sora replied, her brow furrowed in concentration.
[COLOR=DarkRed]Think about flying Sora. Think about the wind hitting your face. Think about the adrenaline pumping through your body.[/COLOR]

[I]Ok, come on Sora...you can do this....no more thoughts of Sayne...just flying...just Blaze[/I] Sora thought to herself. But the image of Sayne when he kissed her kept reappearing in her mind.

" OH GOD DAMMIT!" Sora swore and opened her eyes, releasing her from their sychronisation. " I'm sorry Blaze. I just can't do it."

[COLOR=DarkRed]Don't beat yourself up too much. Remember, you're still injured and you have Sayne problems.[/COLOR]

" That's a different way of putting it," Sora chuckled as she lent back into the pilot's chair. " He's so difficult Blaze. I just want him to talk to me for more than a few simple words." She looked over at the white rose he had given her at school before this had happened. It hadn't wilted or turn brown, even without any water. It shimmered its white glow and looked like as if it had just bloomed after a short summer rain. Sora's anger lessened.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Maybe he's difficult because he doesn't know how to approach you or say what he wants to Sora. You are sometimes a very intimidating person.[/COLOR]

" I don't mean to be. He was the one that kissed me! Remember?"

[COLOR=DarkRed]Yes I do. But maybe he regrets it now, or he doesn't know what or how to say what he means. Take it easy on him Sora. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you had feelings for him.[/COLOR]

" BLAZE!"

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ah hah! You do don't you? You can't hide anything from me Sora![/COLOR]

Sora just shook her head at him. " Blaze Blaze Blaze...you want to know something? I'm so confused that I couldn't tell you if I had feelings for him or not."

[COLOR=DarkRed]I judge from your reaction that you DO have feelings for him! Go on, admit it! I'd bite you on the butt if you were outside, just to make you say yes![/COLOR]

Sora laughed. " Blaze, you dare and you're dead!"

[COLOR=DarkRed]I dare what?[/COLOR]

At that moment, Blaze's whole body shifted and Sora was thrown out of the cockpit. She landed very firmly on the holding bay's floor as Blaze moved his head down to her. Sora's laughter echoed around the holding bay as she stood up.

" Ouch!....Ow...that hurt......pain......" she said in between laughs.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well your threat was rather pointless. You can't kill me because I am already dead...well technically.[/COLOR]

" Oh Blaze, stop being a sarcastic barstuhl!"

The Phoenix chuckled.
[COLOR=DarkRed]So, do you or don't you? Answer...NOW! Otherwise I'll bite your bum with my beak![/COLOR]

" I'm not sure it'll taste that good!" Sora taunted.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Remember...I can't taste![/COLOR]

" Oh dammit!"

[COLOR=DarkRed]Oh dammit alright! Now answer the question Sora!!![/COLOR]

" Ok ok. Yes......happy now?!?!"

The Phoenix smiled.
[COLOR=DarkRed]Did you forget that someone else was here Sora? Mainly the one you LURVE.[/COLOR]

" Why you little barstuhl!!!!"
Sora stood there with her hands on her hips, trying very hard to look angry at him but a smile kept creeping across her lips.
" You're such a smart ass Blaze."

The Phoenix chuckled.
[COLOR=DarkRed]That I am....that I am.[/COLOR]

Sora turned to go to the dormitory but instead saw Sayne walking towards her, an anxious look on his face.

OOC: This is going to be good![/FONT][/COLOR]

Sayne saw Blaze throw Sora from the cockpit when him and Deviryn landed. Sayne swung down from the cockpit and landed on the ground and looked at Sora. She seemed to be laughing and argueing with Blaze at the same time..even though he could only hear one conversation

'OK ok..yes! Happy now!?,' she exclaimed

Blaze must of said something and Sora stood their with her hands on her hips

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Go talk to her[/COLOR]. Spoke Deviryn as he nudged Sayne softly. Sayne rubbed the back of his neck and anxiously approached her.

He did know what the hell he was going to say. She stood watching him as he approached her. He stopped and looked at her

'What i'm about to say....isn't irrelevent to whats been going on,' he spoke coldly but then rubbed the back of his neck

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Will you just tell her already!!![/COLOR] erged Deviryn [COLOR=DarkGreen]Hurry UP!![/COLOR]

'Deviryn just wait!,' spoke Sayne through telepathy as he looked over his shoulder at Deviryn who had his claws stuck in the ground and he took a deep breath

Sayne then looked at Sora....'Its proberly not the right time.....but...'

[COLOR=DarkGreen]HURRY UP STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH!!![/COLOR] roared Deviryn

'WAIT!,' growled Sayne through telepathy beginning to get fustrated

Sora looked at him waiting for him to finish...her eye brows were raised and she began leaning slowly towards him thinking that he might whisper what he had to say

[COLOR=DarkGreen]HURRY UP!!! WHAT DO YOU FEEL SAYNE!! TELL HER WHAT YOU FEEL...[/COLOR] roared Deviryn clawing at the ground

Sayne looked at Sora, his head was beginning to spin with Deviryn who kept yelling at him. Clenching his fists in anger and frowning because of Deviryn

"I'VE GOT A CRUSH ON YOU!!!!!,' roared Sayne in a military style. suddenly he froze as his face went bright red. Sora looked at him in shock either because he told her how he felt or because of the way he yelled it.

Sayne frowned at himself and quickly turned his back on her so she wouldn't see him go red. He felt very embarrassed by that and he frowned at Deviryn who had fallen over

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Way to go Romeo....[/COLOR] laughed Deviryn. [COLOR=DarkGreen]Thats one way to get your loves attention...deafen her![/COLOR]

"Damn you Deviryn..I swear if you were human I'd shoot you,' growled Sayne as he began to walk off in embarrassement

Sayne passed everyone and walked to the Dormantry. He walked through the door and found that noone was there, walking over to the Kitchen area and began to make him a sandwich and coffee and sat down at the table. He felt like a real idiot.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne...I'm sorry[/COLOR] spoke Deviryn

'I feel like an idiot,' spoke Sayne as he bit into his sandwich

[COLOR=DarkGreen]It wasn't...that bad[/COLOR] whispered Deviryn trying not to laugh. Sayne could hear it in his voice

'Deviryn....leave me alone before I come down there and dismantle you,' hissed Sayne

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Ok..OK!..no need to be nasty...I'll let you be.[/COLOR] said Deviryn,[COLOR=DarkGreen] I am sorry.[/COLOR]

As Sayne sat there, there was a knock upon the door

'Enter..' called out Sayne as he stirred his coffee. A private walked in.

'I have a message for all the mech pilots. Commander needs to see all of you right now,' spoke the Private, 'Its of great importance that you all come,'

Sayne looked at him, 'What for?'

'He didn't say, but you all need to go to his office, the others are getting messages right now,' said the Private

Sayne then stood up, threw out his half eaten sandwich and washed his dishes. He then followed the Private to the commanders office. Placing his hand on the door he opened it and walked in.

'Sayne...where are the others?,' questioned The Commander looking at him with sadness in his eyes

'Coming,' spoke Sayne coldly as he stood in the corner not looking at his father

The commander looked at General Rei and then back at Sayne and then looked down at the desk. He felt a deep remorse for what he did to Sayne....but he knew...that it was for the best...so he hoped.

OOC: Ok everyone get to the Commanders office.

[COLOR=Navy]After watching half an hour of TV, Sakura had given up and retreated to her room for more sleep. Just as she was falling asleep, there was a knock on the door. She groaned, sighed and sat up, glaring grumpily at the door.

[B]"Come in."[/B] she called with a yawn, throwing the blankets off.

The door opened and a private stood there.

[B]"I have a message for all the mech pilots. The Commander needs to see all of you right now,"[/B] she said, [B]"It's important that you all go."[/B]

Sakura made her bed quickly and turned to the female private again.

[B]"Do you know what the meeting's about?"[/B]

[B]"No, I don't know any details, he just said that you're all to meet him in his office."[/B]

[B]"Alright, thankyou."[/B] Sakura said.

The two of them walked out of the room, with the private following her.

[I][B]'Why am I never allowed to get good sleep around here any more?'[/B][/I] she thought to herself and was surprised when she got a responce.

[b][color=royalblue][i]'Maybe because you didn't get more rest when I told you to.'[/b][/color][/i] Aria replied.

[b][i]'I didn't know you could contact with me when I'm not next to you.'[/b][/i]

[color=royalblue][b][i]'Well, you do now.'[/color][/b][/i]

Sakura smirked at the last comment and made her way to the Commander's office and saw that of the pilots, only Sayne was there.

[B]"Commander."[/B] Sakura greeted, she still felt sad and slightly angry at what he did to Sayne. But she saw the sadness in his eyes and felt her feelings wash away. Sakura just stood around and watched for the others to turn up to the meeting.[/COLOR]

Elizabeth sat on the roof of the base, looking down over the edge. She was enthralled with heights... she loved being able to feel on top of everything. It was cold outside, and the cold air was making her shiver. But she didn't mind it. She loved the sea. It was her home. Her father was a Fleet Admiral, and they lived on ships all their lives. She enjoyed those times.

"Miss Elizabeth?" a man said. She turned around and smiled.

"Miss Elizabeth, you are to report downstairs imediately, the Commander is holding a meeting, and wishes for all the pilots to meet him down there."

"Thank you." she said. She recognized the private from the controls room and smiled.

"Your father... is here as well... he will be in the meeting... I thought you would like to know."

She stared at him blankly and nodded. "Thank you..." she said. She went downstairs and went into the office. She sat down next to Sayne. He looked embarrassed for some reason. She smiled. She gave him a wink of assurance and waited for the news.

Just then her father walked in. She stood up and smiled when she saw him, but he walked right past her without a look or a word. Her smile faded away and she slowly sat back down and stared at her hands in her lap.

"Keep your mind focused, Elizabeth."

"I know..." Liz channeled back. She wiped the tears from her eyes, so her father wouldn't see.... he never saw... and he would continue to refuse to see.

Dale leaned impatiently against the control room's rear wall, trying to make out the lines of information running along the computer screen. The officer in charge of assigning civilians to their areas had been checking through the database for .... a while. Dale was beginning to lose hope in him finding anything at all. He was just getting ready to head back to the hangar when the officer found a positive match on the system. The system cross-checked the record, then displayed the contained information on the screen.

The man called Dale over, and pointed at the text on the screen. "Is this what you were looking for?"

Dale quickly checked through it, looking for the right name........ He found it near the bottom of the list. According to the records, the transport had safely arrived, and the civilians had been unloaded.

"Thank god..." Dale whispered to himself. He had been beginning to doubt whether he'd made it to the base safely, that he might have been in one of those enemy vehicles. For once in his life, he was happy to be wrong.

"Where are they now?"

The officer ran the assigned location code through the computer, waiting for a response. "Cargo bay 6, Section I"

Dale was just about to head for the cargo bays when another soldier appeared in the doorway. He was carrying a message,
'I have a message for all the mech pilots. Commander De Larne needs to see all of you right now. Its of great importance that you all come,'

This wasn't what Dale needed right now. He was in the middle of something important. He couldn't get dragged away now.
"Can't it wait, I've got some urgent business to take care of."

The soldier handed over the piece of paper.
"The message says right now."
No apology, no look of regret. Nothing. Just that same emotionless expression that he would always see in Sayne.

Dale frowned , "Thanks, asshole." Still no change. Dale gave up, and just decided to walk away. While the soldier was still within earshot, Dale yelled back, "Yeesh! Brain dead soldiers. Hate them all!"

When Dale reached the Commander's office, he just took his seat and shook off any attempt by the others to greet him. He'd sit through the meeting, and then he'd leave, simple as that.

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Trebuchet MS]OOC: OMG! That was so funny...but so Sayne!

Frozen like an ice statue, Sore stood there with an extremely shocked expression on her face. Blaze sidled up behind her.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well that was quite a show, don't you think?[/COLOR] Blaze commented. Sora said nothing, but inside of her a huge balloon of joy had just burst open.

" He...he has a crush on me?" Sora stammered.

Blaze laughed. [COLOR=DarkRed]It seems so Sora. Not like it wasn't half obvious when he saved me and nice. A nice way to tell you too, very military.[/COLOR] He sniggered.

" Blaze, don't be mean..." Sora said softly. She was smiling to herself. If Sayne hadn't walked away scarlet-faced, Sora would have kissed him on the spot and made his face go to a crimson colour.

" I can't believe he admitted that to me. He must have been under a lot of pressure to do so..."

[COLOR=DarkRed]I think his Dragon and Elizabeth had something to do with that.[/COLOR]

" Liz?" Sora questioned. Another smile crept across her face. " Yes Liz. Hmmm...I think I have a nickname for her. I'll come back later Blaze. I have some unfinished business with a certain person I know."

Blaze smiled. [COLOR=DarkRed]Good luck Sora.[/COLOR] He winked.

[B]Ten minutes later...[/B]

Sora walked into the dormitory, trying to find Liz.
" Where can that girl be?"

Suddenly a female officer walked out of the corridor that led to the girl's rooms. She spotted Sora and walked over to her.

" Miss Avian," she requested. Sora whirled around.
" Yes Private?"
" There is a meeting in the Commander's office that the Mech pilots need to attend."
" Ok, I'll go down there now."
" Yes ma'am."

Sora made her way to the Commander's room, opened the door and walked through. She saw her father on the right-hand side of the Commander. He smiled at her and she smiled back. Sora turned, seeing Sayne in the corner. Thinking about what she was going to say to him next time they were alone, Sora walked over and joined Liz.

" I was looking for you Elizabeth!" Sora whispered to her.
" You used my full name, does that mean I'm in trouble?" Liz asked, seriously thinking she was. Sora just smiled.
" No no no. I just thought up for a nickname for you."
" Oh, and what is it?"
Sora's smile grew larger.
" Matchmaker!"

OOC: Ah...sweet young love...ain't it grand?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Darrius and Cliff were half way though a game of pool when a surly young private arrived.

'I have a message for all mech pilots. The commander needs to see all of you right now?

Racking the cues in disgust the pilots made their way to the brief.

?You want a bite to eat??
Cliff shook his head as Darrius grabbed a bowl and spoon and a box of fruit loops.
?What?!? laughed Darrius
Cliff just chuckled and grabbed a tetra pack carton of milk and tossed it at him.
Darrius smoothly caught it in the bowl. Lifting the cereal box to his mouth, he happily crunched on some dry fruit loops.

A[B] few minutes latter[/B]

Darrius nodded in acknowledgement as he spotted Sora?s father to the right of the commander, as he entered the briefing room.
Spotting an empty chair in the corner he sat down next to Liz.
?What?s with the giggling girls?, last time I saw you Sora, you were as pissed off as a frog in a beer keg?
?Sayne confessed he liked her..? sighed Liz
?..Oh I thought I saw his ears burning? chuckled Darrius flickering his attention toward their silent leader.
?Young hearts- run free-ow!?
?No singing Darrius, period!?
Elizabeth cocked her head to the side and grinned.
?Fruit loops??
?What! I haven?t had anything to eat since that coffee at breakfast, I?m starving?
?But seriously, couldn?t you find any thing other than fruit loops? laughed Liz
Darrius shrugged, pouring the cereal into the bowl ?well I guess it?s like my father used to say, you are what you eat...?
The girls burst out laughing, and he brought a spoon full of cereal to his lips.
?...And I?m sweet? laughed Darrius giving Liz a wink[/COLOR]

Liz looked at her blankly when she said that. Her father was in the room, and she felt so embarrassed. But she was having a good time, she wouldn't let him take that from her.

"Matchmaker???? God, don't call me that!!!" she said smiling. Sora laughed. "I only wanted to see two good friends happy."

Just then, Darrius sat down next to her with a bowl of fruit loops.

"Fruit Loops?" she asked a little later"

?What! I haven?t had anything to eat since that coffee at breakfast, I?m starving?

?But seriously, couldn?t you find any thing other than fruit loops? she laughed.

Darrius shrugged, pouring the cereal into the bowl ?well I guess it?s like my father used to say, you are what you eat...?

She laughed at his comment and looked at Sora. "Then that makes him a fruit loop." she said with a smile.

?...And I?m sweet? laughed Darrius giving Liz a wink.

Liz got a little uncomfortable for some reason as he winked at her. Something she hadn't felt before... she never got embarrassed like that... and it made her uncomfortable.

"Something wrong Liz?" he asked looking at her concerned. She smiled and shook her had no. She looked up and her father was staring right at her. She smiled a little, but he just kept frowning, and he turned back around. Sora and Darrius were laughing at something, and she tried to smile again. But something was noticeably wrong with her now. Thankfully, the meeting was about to start. She'd explain everything later.

The ocean breeze was a soothing relaxation upon Ajacks face as he looked out at the island. The smell of fresh sea air...the palm trees swinging in the distance. Ever since talking with Lyu...and spending more and more time with Apollo...things certainly were more beautiful...despite the conflict that occured after the battle yesturday.

He had spent most of the night outside...looking up at the moon...taking in everything that was going on. Ajack sure did appreciate his solitary at times.

A male soldier came outside on the balcony of Ajacks quarters on the side of the base.

''Ajack Masters...all pilots are to report to the meeting room at once by the order of Commander De'Larne.''

Ajack didn't turn around to greet the soldier as the message was delivered...he just stood there with his arms crossed, still looking out to sea.

''Isn't it lovely sir?''

''I beg your pardon...'' the soldier was bluntly confused by the comment.

''The ocean sir...I think its lovely...they say it has no memory...don't you agree?''

''I...uh...wouldn't know of such things kid.''

''Its a shame...what are we fighting for then if we can't understand why...to appreciate the little things in our lives.''

''You may be right...'' as the soldier walked up beside the young boy. He was a tall man compared to Ajack...but his composure was offset by this boy. He was trained to be strong and firm...showing no sense of emotion nor reason...just to follow orders. But in a single sentence...this boy broke him.

''...but what kind of men are we if we miss our own meetings...lazyness I'd say.''

*laughter on Ajacks part*

''...yes...I believe you are right. I'll be there rigth away...thank you.''

As quickly as he could Ajack got himself dressed in his black muscle shirt and brown pants with black army boots. His black gloves strapped on with his blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail...letting some hair fall off too the sides and onto his face...he then sprinted towards the meeting room.

Moments later...

''Yo Ajack...come over here.'' Liz finally looking up while watching Darrius eat his Fruit Loops; seeing Ajack just walking into the room.

As Ajack walked over to her...he took note that Lyu hadn't arrived yet.

[I]She's not here...thats too bad.[/I] his heart sank to the pit of his gut...but really didn't let it show on his face.

Ajack came over to Darrius, leaning down inbetween him and Sora...

''dude...you might want to whip those little crumbs from your face:)''

Realizing that Ajack was right...Darrius quickly grabbed a napkin and whiped his mouth clean. But it was too late...Liz was already giggling on the other side of him at the she looked at the sight.

''Your right Darrius...sweet as a pig...making a mess like you are.'' Liz said...trying to keep in her laughter.

''Hey...that hurt my feelings Liz.'' Darrius said as he smiled back.

''I'm only kidding...you looked cute.''

For a moment the two of them just gave each other looks...

''Anywho...what were you talking about before Liz?''

''Ah yes...'' as Darrius had finally pushed aside his Fruit Loops. ''You know what Sayne did today...remember you asking in the hanger about what was going on between the two of them. Well...just a little while ago...''

''ELIZABETH!'' Sora exclaimed as she laid her head down on the table as he face burst into a rosey red.

''OOpps...now I'm in trouble. Anyway...*bringing it down to a whisper* Sayne confessed himself to Sora not too long ago in the hanger.''

''Really...thats wonderful...at least the fighting is over with.''

''Yea...now Sora has to do the same thing for him as well.'' added Darrius.

''Maybe we should set up a nice romantic evening for the two of them:)'' said Liz.
Everyone at the table giggled like nothing else while Sora sat there embarrassed beyond all recognition.

''You know I can hear everything you all are saying right.'' a voice added from the corner of the room.

Ajack stood up and just shook his head at all of it...

''you all are too funny...but leave the poor kid alone.'' and Ajack walked over to Sayne and brought a chair to sit next to him.

''Hey Sayne...hows it goin?''

No response...

[I]This seems to have become a pattern [/I] Ajack thought to himself...

''I'm sorry...I don't want to bother you...I'm sure you have a lot on your mind right now...um...if you even want a ''guy'' to talk to sometime...bout everything. I mean I know you've been talking to Liz and Sora a lot...and with your mech...but sometimes its good have a guy friend around to talk to. I know we haven't been talking to each other much...or gotten to be good friends yet but.''

Still no response...

''I don't know...I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like that to change...someday I hope I'll be able to pilot out there with you all. If you ever need anything...even though you are the kind to do most things on your own...always know though that I'm here regardless alright...and despite how your father is and everything...that there are people around you who do care.''

''Keep your hopes up with Sora too...shes one of a kind. I'm sure things will work out for the best.''

''Well...I'll leave you alone now...I think the meeting's about to start...take care man.'' knowing that Sayne was probably still soar from the ''tests,'' he genlty placed his hand on Sayne's shoulder as he got up and walked away.

''Hello Commander...General.'' politely Ajack shook all three mens hands.

''I thought you weren't coming today Ajack...Lyu had told me that you were busy.''

[I]She actually did it for me...what a sweetheart.[/I]

''Thats right...but I decided that I should be part of the group for these meetings. I am part of the team...regardless of anything.''

''Say...aren't you the lad piloting the Apollo?'' said Liz's father. ''I've heard that you've been having quite a lot of trouble with it.

''Yes sir...and unfortunately he still wont let me pilot him. But I believe that with time and patience we'll unison together quite well.''

''I hope your right young lad...for Apollo's sake...as well as yours.''

''I'm glad that you did decide to come.'' said Commander De'Larne...''now please...take a seat.''

''Thank you.'' Giving a nod to the officers...he took a seat beside Sakura...getting ready for the meeting.

''Get any sleep?''

''Not one bit...I was about to go back to sleep when an officer barged into my room telling me about the meeting.''

''That sucks Sakura...I'm sorry to hear it. You should try the French Vanilla...could save you someday:)''

Desh shook the seat in which Lyu slumbered in.
"Hey, what the big idea Desh!"
[I]I think the meeting is about to start Lyu, Sayne and Sora left just now and Ajack left a little while ago.[/I]
"WHAT!"
She leapt from the seat and sprinted to the door pushing the button fanticly til it opened.
"I can't believe that I'm gonna be late! This bites big time!"
She ran past a younger soldier, probably in training, snatching a piece of food from his dinner tray.
"Bye! Thank you!"
She rounded the corner and skided to a hault infront of the door, she looked down and groaned, she picked up a roasted carrot...she hated carrots. She entered the room hiding the vegatable in her hand and bowed slighlty.
"Sorry I'm late...Desh, didn't wake me up..."
She blushed as she realized how dumb that sounded.
"I'll just take a seat..."
The commander nodded.
"Yes Condair, I think that would be approriate, and please get rid of the food in your hand if you don't mind."
"Huh? Oh, sorry."
She made a face as she shovled the carrot in her mouth chewing twice and swallowing the half chewed food.
"Gross..."
She took a seat next to Ajack abd Liz.
"How much have I missed?"
Ajack leaned over close to her ear making her blush.
"Not much, he was just saying good evening when you came in."
Oh, okay...is that your water?"
Ajack looked at the bottle of water sitting on the table.
"No. I think it's someone elses."
"Well do you have any gum or something?"
"Why? Your breathe stink?"
"No, I hate the taste of carrots."
"than why did you bring one in and eat it?"
"I stole it off some lower ranks plate on my way here, and I didn't realize it was a carrot, and I ate it because hunger is the est spice you can ever use...So do you?"
She silenced her self as the commander looked at her warningly.
[B]'Man reminds me to much of school, always in trouble cause I can never get there on time, and I can never shut the hell up.[/B]
She smiled and stifled her gigle as the thought ran through her mind, she looked over nad blushed as Ajack looked at her questioningly, holding a piece of gum. She took it nodding thanks and smileing, her face bright red, her gigles quiter.

Keiji saw the private walk into the room, telling them they had to go to the meeting.

"What a drag... Ah well." Keiji mumbled. He still felt really good after his training and going to something boring like a meeting would be a real bore. He shuffled off down the hall, conversing with Amatu, studying his specs and such from his past training via their constant sync. He arrived in the room with several important-looking people. None of which he knew personally.

He took an empty seat in no particular spot, waiting for everyone else to arrive. The other pilots sat around, talking to each other. Keiji kept studying his statistics rather diligently, which was rather uncharacteristic of him.

OOC: Sorry for a rather boring, short post. I wanted to get my character in the meeting, so I wouldn't be left behind. I'm at a friend's house about to be snowed in, so it might be like... another day before I even read this thread again.

Vick was in the mech area talking to Kraven about how they were knocked out of the last battle.

" I don't blame myself for what happen Kraven." Vick said

[COLOR=Red] " I don't blame myself , I believe it's both of are fault."[/COLOR] Kraven answered

" I did all I could do."

[COLOR=Red] " You did give it all but I think we can push are selfs harder. If the other pilots can link their minds as one in combat we should be able to as well. Just imagine what we could accomplish as one Vick."[/COLOR]

" That sounds good and all but I don't like the idea of being one mind. I kind of like thinking on my own Kraven. I would like to talk more but I got a meeting."

[COLOR=Red] " Just think about it I will see you when battle comes up again."[/COLOR]

Vick waved bye to Kraven and walked down the long corridors to the meeting room. Vick opened the door to the meeting and sat in the seat next to Kenji. Vick sat waiting for the meeting to start.

" Let's get the damn show started" Vick said as he crossed his arms.

Sayne could hear them talking and Liz's mouth going for gold as she told Darris and Ajack about his confession....he acted as if it was all normal and stared blankly out the window. The moon light glistened on the water and brought about a soothing clamness to his mind but as always his fathers stern voice brought him back to the cold hard reality of his life.

'Thank you for all coming, I know that this isn't easy for any of you and that you all proberly have other things you all want to do so it'll be brief,' spoke Commander De'Larne looking towards Sayne every now and then, 'We come to a conclusion that the Cylargres will proberly target the next biggest city which is St. Eves. Its about three thousand miles from here situated on the coastline of Berdean. The only reason why we say this is because of their cowardly acts of using humans to do there dirty work and our guess is that they will strike all major cities around the world aswell as countrys, and because of this we will need you all to be ready, just incase of any sudden attacks. Right now they're proberly be too busy in trying to regather their forces because of what they lost in the last fight which I must say thank you all again,'

'This is important that you all are aware that there maybe another fight, we don't know when but you can gurantee that they will.' Spoke General Rei, 'So we just need you all ready and aware, we've also noticed that the Cylargres can get very close to us without our sensors picking them up until they're nearly on top of us, so tonight for saftey reasons, Sayne, Vick, Cliff and Darris will take on guard duty for tonight until we have this place up and running to its full extent. Sayne, you will take first watch. Every three hours you will change to who ever wants to go next until morning, make sure you four get well rested within that time you have. Everyone else stay alert but also get some rest,'

'Everyone is dismissed. Thank you all for your co-operation,' Spoke Commander De'Larne. Sayne was the last to leave.

Sayne walked along the corridor rubbing his arms. He remembered that Ajack had spoken to him about talking to other guys...although he didn't fully understand what Ajack was talking about he did want to know what Ajack meant by "someday I hope I'll be able to pilot out there with you all" although he had a fair idea when he saw the griffin acting up on the landing bay

He walked around the base and found Ajack standing out on a belcony over looking the water. He walked out and stood beside him. All Ajack could do was stare at him and wonder why he was there

'Ah.....hi,' spoke Ajack as he sighed remembering that sayne had never spoken much...nor did he reply to hello's

'Hi,' spoke Sayne in a mono-toned voice. Ajack nearly fell over when Sayne replied, he looked around hoping that someone else had heard Sayne say hi...but there was noone else around, 'You will become a good pilot,'

Ajack just about dropped dead when Sayne actually said something even though it sounded blunt and cold

'You...you really think so?' questioned Ajack, sayne looked at him with a raised brow

'I don't say things I don't mean,' spoke Sayne as he began to walk away, 'See you around,'

Sayne left leaving Ajack stunned.

Sayne walked down to the holding bay where all the mechs were kept and walked over to Deviryn who was already waiting. He opened the huge doors and Deviryn walked out

[COLOR=DarkGreen]So we're on guard duty[/COLOR]. spoke Deviryn in his husky tone

'...hn...' replied Sayne still rubbing his arm as he sat down on the side of the landing bay and dangled his feet over the side, the sound of the ocean was soothing. Warm winds rushed passed his face gently

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Sayne, I know what they did to you....it's a substance that makes you calm right down, a substance that takes away all emotional feeling...but some how..it never took away your crush on Sora....thats the only thing you feel right now[/COLOR]. Spoke Deviryn. [COLOR=DarkGreen]They use it on all their soldiers so that when they go to war....they feel nothing no fear...no emotion....but it's only used for those moments...but with you..some how...instead of the effects wearing off....they became you....and because of the lack of emotion from your father....the substance took over and that is why you are like that now...[/COLOR]

'Yes.' replied Sayne as he looked at the water, 'They tried everything to......fix it....but......because of the lack of emotion...the substance retaliated against everything they did....it is now unfixable.....,'

Deviryn looked at Sayne whos eyes glistened in the shimmering of the water, with no emotion held within them

'Deviryn, open all raidar channels and scan entire area within a five hundred mile radias,' spoke Sayne falling back into his duty, his eyes distant but serious

[B]OOC: there will be another attack soon and a surprise coming with it, just letting everyone finish off with what they were doing before the meeting.[/B]

[COLOR=Navy]After the meeting, Sakura decided to just go to her room and hopefully go to sleep as she'd been meaning to. But when she tried she just found she couldn't. Instead she decided to go walking somewhere, so she got out of bed and started to wander around the base, eventually heading to the hangar again.

When she arrived she saw Sayne sitting on the landing bay next to the dragon mech Deviryn. She wasn't sure if she should hang around, but she wanted to talk with Aria, so she walked over and sat over to the side where Aria was.

[B]"Hi."[/B] she greeted the other boy, he didn't take notice of the greeting so she just turned to Aria.

They talked through their mind link so they didn't disturb Sayne. They just talked idley as usual, not really knowing what to say, just happy to be with each other there. After a while they did stop talking and Sakura looked out at the water, it was a beautiful night and the stars and moon were out. She let her mind drift and it floated to David, she wondered how he would cope to the loss of his parents, and again, she wished that she was there to comfort him.

[B][I]'Now he has felt the pain of losing his parents, why couldn't we have gotten our mechs sooner and prevented the accident that caused all this grief to everyone? Why?'[/I][/B] she thought to herself.

She heard Aria's mental sigh in her head. Sakura bent her knees and pulled them to her chest, she wondered what had happened to all of the other groups that left the school, were they in the base somewhere? Had they been sent somewhere else? So many questions that remained with no answers.

Sakura sighed and stood, she said goodnight to her mech and left, taking a fleeting glance at Sayne who still sat there, at attention, but yet so far away.

She went back to her room and saw her backpack that she hadn't touched since they'd arrived. She opened it and pulled out the rose and red envelope that David had given her. She sat cross-legged on her bed and opened the envolope, taking out the letter inside. It was a confession that he liked her and wanted to go out sometime. Tears came to her eyes as she thought of what might have been had this all not happened. She wished for everything to go back to normal, but she knew that they wouldn't no matter how badly she wanted it to. Sakura set the rose and tear speckled letter on her bedside table and rummaged through her bag for her palm computer. She started to type, she'd started making a journal the first night they arrived, and she filled it every night of the day's events. When she was done she opened up a music file and connected her earphones, the music started to play in her ears, 'Nobody's Home' by Avril Lavigne, she felt that the song expressed how she was feeling right now, and how she had felt when her real parents had died. Sakura got under the blanket and curled up to go to sleep, tears rolling down her cheeks sadly as she listened to the lyrics of the song.

[I]'Be strong, be strong now
Too many, too many problems
Don't know where she belongs
Where she belongs

She wants to go home
But nobody's home
That's where she lies
Broken inside
There's no place to go
No place to go
To dry her eyes
Broken inside'[/I][/COLOR]

[B]OOC:[/B] Decided to add lyrics for a small touch.

Lyu sat at a table in the mess hall pushing her food around her plate.
[I]Lyu, whay won't you eat?[/I]
[B]No clue...not really hungry anymore I geuss.[/B]
She looked up at Ajack as he walked and smiled to herself. She liked him, that was true, but she wasn't sure how he felt about her. Another girl walked up to him and she looked away as he smiled at her. It wasn't a gril from their group, just a girl. A frined of some sort most likely. She grow;ed at her delf and took a large bite of the sandwhich infront of her.
"Hey Lyu."
she tried to swallow her food and take in a breath to say hello at the same time sending the food in her mouth to the back of her throat making her choke, she hit her chest a couple of times and coughed.
"Hi, Ajack. How's it going?"
"Not bad...you seem to be having some problems..."
"No, no...none at all."
She blushed brightly and laughed gently.
"So how is the trouble with Apollo going?"
"Not to bad actually, he's warming up to me. I can't piolit him yet."
She placed a soft hand on his arm and smiled.
"Hey, don't worry about it. It'll happen. Give him some time. He'll warm up to you in a while."
"yeah I know, but what if we're attacked and I can't be out there helping you guys...and girls."
Lyu laughed and looked out a near by window.
"look, just cause your not out there doesn't mean your not hepling us. You think that you have to be there physically, but thatas not nessasarily true, just knowing your here when someone comes back, you never know. that may be enough for someone out there."
Ajack looked at her strangly.
"Do you know soemthing I don't?"
"My lips are sealed Ajack, thats classified."
She smiled as he glared at her.
"Hey, not my fault. I'm sworn to secrecy...sorry."
She got up and dumpe dher tray, Ajack following.
"Tell me Lyu."
"No."
"Please."
"Nope."
She laughed as he play whined.
"Why not?"
She smiled as se found herself toying with him and she looked back at her dorm room door, he had followed her without realizing it.
"Becasue, like I said. It's classified information. But i can give you a clue."
She yawned and smiled as he raised an eyebrow. Leaning forward she placed a chaste kiss on his cheek and opened her door.
"See ya later Ajack."
She shut her door blushing furiously and smileing.
"I can't believe that I just dd that...I need a drink."
She reached in the small fridge in her room and pulled out a pepsie and downed it, her cheeks still on fire.
"Good night everyone, sweet dreams and may your hearts be full of joy...we could use it now."
She lay down and drifted into a lightl sleep .