OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty: Final (2004)

Shy

[font=verdana]Hey everyone!

It?s been an exciting few weeks here in the events forum, as OB?s best and brightest have been honored in the Nifty Fifty Nominations Thread. Thanks to the members who participated we were given a large listing of members, threads and forums to choose from and compile our final listing. Some of you may be curious about how the final listing is created, so let me explain that now:
[list]
[*]Members nominate nifty things in the nomination thread.
[*]From those nominations contained within the thread, members of the [b]Nifty Fifty Committee[/b] choose and select individual listings of 50 and send them to myself.
[*]From the various lists I receive, the 50 items which receive the most nominations from committee members are put onto the final list.[/list]
So who was a part of this committee? Well, I?d like to personally thank [b]Maladjusted, The Nameless, JJRiddler and Annalisse[/b] for the extra time and effort they put into the thread. Annalisse in particular stepped up to the challenge, and assisted me in the very annoying process of formatting this large post? so she rocks. Be sure to thank the members of this year?s Nifty Fifty Committee, without them this thread wouldn?t be completed for another few weeks (seeing as OtakuAwards are notoriously late and all.)

Anyway, just looking at this thread you?ll see how much the site and it?s membership have grown and evolved in the past year. If nothing else this is a snapshot at a specific moment of time on the boards, showing you the people and things that made it such an awesome 365 days.

And now, in no particular order...[/font]
[quote][center][size=6]The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty[/center][/size]

[center][size=4][b]James[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"I'd not be here if it wasn't for James, which is really the most important thing I could say. All around cool guy who is enjoyable to work with on a variety of mediums. It's a shame none of our design/site collaborations ever panned out lol. I don't think I need to even really mention James' posts throughout this site and others."[/i] -[u]Semjaza Azazel[/u]

[size=4][center][b]Siren[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"Not only does he always have something to say, but he knows how to put it across in a witty and concise manner. It?s also nice to hear a different spin on things, see things from a different point of view. If there?s a deeper meaning to something, Siren has it covered. Besides, you can never have too much intelligent thought."[/i] -[u]Boba Fett[/u]

[center][size=4][b]Desbreko[/b][/size][/center]
[i] "Despite his penchant for kicking me below the belt, Desbreko is a cool guy. His posts are always informative, and he always amazes me with just how deeply he's able to look into the gameplay of certain games. He really does add a lot to Play It, whether he's my fellow Moderator, or giving out the orders as my Team Leader. Also, he's way better at closing threads than I am."[/i] -[u]Shinmaru[/u]

[center][size=4][b]Semjaza Azazel[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"I think that Tony's impact here has been pretty large in general, but in 2004 he consistently provided amazing posts in Play It and he really drove discussion there. In general, I think he's been of massive benefit to this community and I would really like to recognize him for that. His contributions to RPGs (Torment, Kill Adam) are also strong examples of his time spent here. I'm very glad that I introduced Tony to this place (and that in turn, he's made friends/acquaintances from here too). Very rewarding."[/i] -[u]James[/u]

[center][size=4][b]Manic[/b][/size][/center]
[i]" Just because he's Manic. I remember one or two people mentioning before that Manic was one of the members here who sort of flies under the radar, for whatever reason. But, yeah, Manic is cool. His myOtaku is a fun read, he takes great care of the Music, Movies and TV forum, and he seems like a great guy in general. There should be a Manic Appreciation Day."[/i] -[u]Shinmaru[/u]

[size=4][center][b]Arcadia[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"She's just wonderful all around and all her contributions to the Anthology and the RPG forum are more than memorable. She's a genius."[/i] -[u]anatema[/u]

[center][size=4][b]Dragon Warrior[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"I think he was hitting on me when he thought I was a girl, and then stopped IMing me after he found out I wasn't... But whether he's intentionally trying to be funny or not, DW always manages to give me a grin."[/i] -[u]AzureWolf[/u]

[center][size=4][b]Charles[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Funny, interesting and smart. A lethal combination."[/i] -[u]Semjaza Azazel[/u]

[size=4][center][b]Mimmi[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"She calls herself Badness, but she's Sweetness through and through. Mimmi rocks my world, and many other members', as well. She posts with sincerity, kindness, and refuses to raise her (digital) voice--she lets me do that for her, I suppose. She made 2004 cheery wherever she went."[/i] -[u]Siren[/u]

[size=4][center][b]Panda[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Panda is my hero. She is my Otaku Lounge buddy, and I am constantly amazed by her patience with the more difficult threads and members there. She is kind, funny, sweet, and almost terminally friendly. I have never seen her post anything that even suggest she is annoyed or reaching the end of her temper. She always gives a reason when performing any moderating duty (which can be easy to gloss over when it is self-evident why a thread should be closed).

She is absolutely amazing, and we all love her. I cannot say enough how awesome she is."[/i] -[u]Lore[/u]
[center][size=4][b]Alan[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"He's only slightly insulting, his dirty mind is somewhat disgusting, and his 'l337 skillz' are moderately brilliant. But aside from his life in moderation, he's also a fantastic guy to chat to -- probably the only person I talk to on a regular basis, and he's always willing to help out with anything, and he's a great writer."[/i] -[u]Lady Asphyxia[/u]
[center][size=4][b]Wrist Cutter[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"I admit that this member often annoyed me a great deal up until half a year ago, with his pointless remarks and pithy comments. I now, however, recognise that wristcutter just has the guts and the blasé to say what everyone is thinking, but noone will say. In the most sarcastic and linguistic way possible too."[/i] -[u]doukeshi03[/u]
[center][size=4][b]Lore[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"She mods with style and her threads are spectacular. 'Nuff said."[/i] -[u]anatema[/u]
[center][size=4][b]Dagger IX[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"I like how Dagger tries to save certain threads from turning into spam fests. If someone makes a thread that won't lead to too much discussion, I noticed that Dagger sets a good example by making quality posts in reply to it, rather than simply closing the thread."[/i] -[u]Chabichou[/u]

[size=4][center][b]Adam[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"Well, apart from the obvious fact that none of us would be here without Adam, there are a few specifics I'd like to mention. Firstly, 2004 has been a very bold year for our entire network, with so many changes and new additions. I love the fact that Adam is willing to take risks and do bold things with something so established. Also, working with Adam is always a joy; he makes everyone feel at ease and he's incredibly receptive to new ideas (even if they're totally insane). Adam is also incredibly generous (by offering me autonomous control/ownership of OB, by providing me with hosting support and by sending me a wonderful Christmas gift). He definitely deserves a mention."[/i] -[u]James[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Justin Blessing[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"He is under-appreciated by the vast majority of the OB community, and deserves a round of applause for his behind-the-scenes role."[/i] -[u]Baron Samedi[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Heaven?s Cloud[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Because I rule. I am so awesome that everyday you should you take some time and reflect on how grateful you are that I continue gracing you with my presence. "[/i] -[u]Heaven's Cloud[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Anatema[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"An all around amazing person. I had all these things in my head to type here about her, but as I sit at the keyboard, none of them really do her justice. I think everyone should strive to be as good as she is in every possible facet, really."[/i] -[u]Semjaza Azazel[/u]
[size=4][center][b]ChibiHorseWoman[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"I hate nearly all of her posts, especially the ones where she erroneously gushes over the fact that she's married when it has no bearing on the conversation. BUT what I like about her is that she's willing to create new threads, contribute to discussions, and has a generally friendly/enthusiastic attitude. Also, when I asked her to improve her paragraph spacing, she didn't complain nor did she bite my head off as some would have done but rather she remedied the problem. Her posts have since become much easier to read at least in terms of how they're constructed. It's that positive attitude that I'd like to see from everyone. Especially the people who complain about the quality of Otaku Lounge or whatever area and never make an effort to contribute. At least she's made that effort."[/i] -[u]Charles[/u]
[center][size=4][b]Solo Tremaine[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Whether it be Anime Stereotype High School, Enter the Net, or even his work as Team Leader of Team Miyazaki he goes above and beyond members? expectations, pleasantly surprising them in whatever he does. Just talking to him for a short amount of time you realize what a genuine and sincere person he is, which is hard to say for so many people on the net. Not enough nominations in the world could do him justice, but hopefully this one will do for now."[/i] -[u]Shy[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Shinmaru[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Shinmaru is the very popular myotaku site that I go to, so I can be jealous about the number of people that comment there. He actually posts on his site every day and puts some effort into making the post entertaining, which I don't really do. He's a big videogame nerd too, which always scores points in my book. He also seems like a pretty cool guy though apparently he is very shy."[/i] -[u]satan665[/u]
[size=4][center][b]The Ladies of Team Hanzo[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Arcadia, terra and Lady Asphyxia created a triple-threat for spam in the newly-refined Team Hanzo. With their combination of intelligence, patience and genuine love for the boards they helped ease the forum?s awkward transition period into what it is today. In the second half of ?04 Arcadia took over my role as Team Leader, pushing the quality of the forums into an ever higher level, and breathing new life into OB Anthology."[/i] -[u]Shy[/u]
[size=4][center][b]55 Fiction[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"55 Fiction is probably the best thread I've ever seen in the Anthology. I just didn't feel right blending it into my original mention, so I'm taking it to its own little nomination. 55 Fiction has made the biggest impact in my writing development by challenging me to us grammar, adjectives, and verbs in a way that limits space. The thread makes you think into your writing. You only have a frame of 55 words or less to paint a masterpiece. Very tricky, but very amazing. Some of the skits that come out of that thread are breath-taking and shocking. A great balance of testing boundaries, and mastering perfection."[/i] -[u]Annalisse[/u]
[center][size=4][b]The Reanimatrix[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Absolutely amazing thread. It just shows how much talent is out there in the OB. And people there don't have to worry about showing it."[/i] -[u]Reise[/u]
[center][size=4][b]Enter the Net[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"The most well written and comic piece of writing that I have ever come across on OB. It is something that everyone on the board can relate to whether new or old and pretty much brightens up my day whenever a new chapter comes out. Plus, I was mentioned in one of the first chapters ^_~"[/i] -[u]doukeshi03[/u]
[center][size=4][b]Most Overrated Game[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"To me, this thread really represents what Play It is about. We all have our opinions on what games stink, and we aren't afraid to bring up some that might be a bit controversial, but the discussion is always civil, and isn't littered with mindless fanboyism. I love this thread."[/i] -[u]Shinmaru[/u]
[center][size=4][b]Otaku Hollow[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Because it split my sides on school nights when I needed the uplift after doing mounds of homework. But it's a great piece with amazing writing talent that had quite the fan following."[/i] -[u]Katana[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Anime Stereotype High School[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"With a little creativity and wit, Solo dusted off an old concept of mine and breathed new life into it. The sign-ups alone were worth it, but it was the post themselves that really caught the attention of everyone on the boards. Just because an RPG isn?t meant to be serious doesn?t mean that the quality has to suffer, and that?s really what this incarnation of ASHS was all about."[/i] -[u]Shy[/u]
[size=4][center][b]N00b Hunter[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"It's Alan's OB "Alien" to Solo's OB "Star Wars."[/i] -[u]Siren[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Star Wars 411[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"More often than not in the past, the thread was a mess of spam, but the past 10 pages are full of very intelligent discussion. Really, those pages can be used for a Star Wars newbie's crash-course in the Saga. In 10 pages, someone can be brought up to speed very quickly, and that's pretty commendable."[/i] -[u]Siren[/u]
[size=4][center][b]The OB Family Tree[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"We all got to see who we're related to. Plus there was a mad rush for families then. It was all good.[/i]" -[u]ChibiHorsewoman[/u]
[size=4][center][b]My gf Loves Bakure More Than Me!?!?![/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Humor and muted horror mix in this thread to create a pinnacle of message board entertainment. As MistressRoxie said, "I've bookmarked this thread forever." A work of genius three years too late for its era, I firmly believe that My gf loves Bakura more than me!?!?! deserves an eternal place of honor in OtakuBoards history."[/i] -[u]Lore[/u]
[size=4][center][b]The ?Deal With This Member? Thread[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Because things get done when someone posts in it."[/i] -[u]Desbreko[/u]
[size=4][center][b]What is Your Religion?[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Most people tend to stay away from this thread, and they tell me so whenever I mention it to them. Religion is a hard topic to discuss because it's very controversial and full of contradicting facts/theories. I found this thread to be very nifty in the fact that it has spawned the best discussion from the people (well, except for Cole-fu) who've wrote and discussed in this thread. Most of everyone's posts were full of interesting information. I love[d] this thread because it's opened my eyes and has made me feel comfortable knowing where I stand in religion. Plus, ask anyone who knows me, I'm not good at holding debates; but this thread has been a breakthrough, and I'm surprised I've been able to hold my ground on this one."[/i] -[u]Annalisse[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Play It[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"To put it simply, I wouldn't be here at OtakuBoards or on myOtaku if it weren't for the Play It forum, and the various video game forums that preceded it. I'd say 95% or more of my posts are in it and the Video Game Archives, to give you an idea about how much time I spend in there compared to other forums. If it weren't for the gaming forums, I'd have left OB long ago; if I had left OB, I wouldn't have met all the awesome people that I have through the boards."[/i] -[u]Desbreko[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Art by Request[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"It brings people who want custom banners and avatars but can't make them together with people who enjoy making custom banners and avatars. It's a win/win situation for everyone involved!"[/i] -[u]Panda[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Manga Workshop[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"The market for manga is rapidly expanding, and I'm quite happy that manga now has its own forum. The Manga Workshop struggled a bit at first, but as the year progressed, it began to find its legs. It's played host to some really interesting topics that would have gotten buried or overlooked if they were left to languish in the Anime Lounge. And again, separating manga-centric threads from anime-centric threads helps all of Tokyo 3 stay nice and tidy."[/i] -[u]Dagger IX1[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Otaku Lounge[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"The Lounge has had it?s ups and downs as far as thread quality goes, but the sheer number of them means there?s always something going on. Whether it?s a debate that calls for some research, screenshot captions that make you laugh or just a bunny with a pancake on it?s head, the Lounge has something for everyone."[/i] -[u]Boba Fett[/u]
[size=4][center][b]The Arena[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"The Arena has changed a lot over the past year and its latest additions have only made it even cooler. The Arena Underground has been revolutionary - it's helped RPGs stay on their feet and it's allowed members to discuss different ideas and what works and what doesn't. Bio has done an excellent job in keeping it clean and organized.

RPGs have come so incredibly far. I'm continually impressed with the work people have been putting into their threads. Creativity has been huge and people seem more and more willing to take chances with their RPGs and boldly go where no other RPG has gone before. The addition of the chapter system has organized the stories like nothing else, but when you get right down to it, the RPGs are nothing without the writers. And in the Square, that's what you get - a bunch of awesome writers. I'm so proud... *tear*"[/i] -[u]Arcadia[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Post Styles Option[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"Best. Option. Ever."[/i] -[u]Heaven's Cloud[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Team Hanzo Thread Ratings[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"I will admit, I was not particularly accepting to a certan aspect of this new rule. But it was ironed out. I love the idea though. Seeing that a thread is rated "mature for sexual content/extreme violence/gore/drugs..etc" is a comforting factor; allowing a member to steer clear of something that may cause them a sense of insecurity, or/and may be offensive. It has really helped the Adventure forums to run smoothly and more efficiently."[/i] -[u]Annalisse[/u]
[center][size=4][b]The Geisha Skin[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"It's an ultra wicked skin and (like the Liquid Skin) divided people about what they thought of it. And James's Geisha obsession is just fun, lol."[/i] -[u]Mimmi[/u]
[center][size=4][b]The Chapter System[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"Made known by the Kill Adam saga, the new chapter system has revolutionised the way that man RPs are now operated. It gives Rpers a guide to follow and a set structure to operate in. It piques greater interest and enthusiasm within the members and causes more and more to return to the RP without simply dropping out."[/i] -[u]doukeshi03[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Newbies[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"For making useless threads to report."[/i] -[u]Morpheus[/u]
[size=4][center][b]The OB RPG [/b][/center][/size]
[i]"I wanted to create a blanket mention here, for a few reasons. One reason is that there have been just too many wonderful RPGs in 2004 to mention individually, for me anyway. What I'd rather say is that 2004 has been a year of continued innovation and continued quality. General quality has improved greatly and the concepts for RPGs are always improving and becoming more interesting. I am aware of RPGs at other places on the Internet, but I have to say...I think that we have developed ours to a fine art. I can't think of another place with such a unique and engaging approach to this type of forum interaction. I'm very proud of OB's RPG history -- I think it's as important as any of our other areas.[/i]" -[u]James[/u]
[size=4][center][b]MyOtaku.com[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"I was originally skeptical of the MyOtaku launch, thinking it would become little more than shallow blogs so people could write out their angst in a manner of color, fonts, and sizes. Thankfully, it boosted in popularity and became ablaze with intelligent postings [gasp, horror], and I even made my own...even though I neglect it for months on end. Either way, with the intergration of MyOtaku.com and OtakuBoards.com, it picked up even more, and it has lead to some very interesting conversations. *remembers the debate over the complexity of the Terminator series on Alex's blog*"[/i] -[u]Chaos[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Art Studio[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"This is one important area of the OB. It helps the members of the Boards in searching for their artistic ideas. Here you can request/or make avatars and banners. It helps dilute requests through PMs, which can be a hassle. Also, the Art Studio gives the members a chance to throw out their artwork. Allowing the artist to gather critiques, suggestions, ideas."[/i] -[u]Annalisse[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Satan665[/b][/center][/size]
[i]"Doesn't post much, but I enjoy what he bothers to write. I do get the impression that many people here don't read things the way he means them sometimes, though lol."[/i] -[u]Semjaza Azazel[/u]
[size=4][center][b]What Smells Blue?"[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"This thread, much like the Communication thread I mentioned earlier, is something I truly enjoyed. I feel weird talking about it, since it's something I started because I love what it's about, and I'm pretty biased about how terrific it was, but oh well."[/i] -[u]Lore[/u]
[size=4][center][b]Azure Wolf[/b][/size][/center]
[i]"He's cynical, oft mistaken as being female and has a grudge against OBv7, but Azure still remains one of the most charming members of the board. I enjoy reading his posts, especially as he's one of the few people I know who'll make full use of the 'Reason for Editing Post' feature."[/i] -[u]Solo Tremaine[/u][/quote]
[size=1]It's been swell, kids. See you next year. :)

-Shy[/size]

[color=darkslategray]Well, I guess I'll be the first to say that I'm very happy with the final posting. All of the nominations were [b]very[/b] hard to choose from. All of them were most memorable and will always stand out of the events that have passed on the OB. Sifting through everyone's post, wrestling to find [i]the[/i] Nifty Fifty was probably the hardest thing I've had to do in my year and a half of being a member here.

I was honored, stunned, and flattered, when Shy asked me to help out with the event; it was something I would never have imagined doing something like this. Dedication, a great deal of patience, and an unbiased mind were ingredients into making this possible. It was hard work, but it is all worth it. And I'm very happy with the results. It was very difficult to keep this from all of my friends, as well, lol.

The quoting was a pain in the pants because of the server acting up. It took me so long to get together with finding who said what, the server being a biatch, and the codings..Annalisse after many hours-->T_T But it looks good, especially put with Shy's idea. It looks extra nifty.

Everyone/thing on this list deserves to be mentioned. For the people of the list, you all have made a great impression on the OB. Whether it was your annoying topics in the O. Lounge (as Lore lovingly calls it ^_^) or if it was your outrageous personality, you have left your mark on the members/forums of the OB.

There are many more people/forums/threads/events that topped charts, but were unable to make the list. But, hey, that's what the OtakuBoards Awards are for, right ^_~

It was a tremendous pleasure.[/color]

I didn't really know much about the choosing process until Shy explained it to me last night. I figured it was just some sort of vote count and the highest ones would be listed. I didn't realize that a group would be formed to choose from the lists.

I think that because of this, the decision to use people that normally wouldn't be in charge of these choices (which, really, would be the mods) was important. I think it kind of kills off a lot of the possible higher up"favorites" stuff.

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel'] I think it kind of kills off a lot of the possible higher up "favorites" stuff.[/quote][color=#ff6600]Yes, thank goodness. (On the upside: I haven't been called a Nazi for [i]months[/i]. :) )

I'm grinning at the fact that some of the threads are well over a year old and have made it into such an event more than once, but that's fun, too.

I think this turned out great. Scanning down the list, everything seems to mesh perfectly. Even the things I didn't participate in, or the members I don't really know, I've been aware of hearing about and seeing around. The elimination of actual votes and categories did wonders for the "Year in Review" feel of things.

[quote][center][size=4]Heaven?s Cloud[/size][/center]
"Because I rule. I am so awesome that everyday you should you take some time and reflect on how grateful you are that I continue gracing you with my presence. " -[u]Heaven's Cloud[/u][/quote]This made me laugh out loud. Charlie, you're just [i]too[/i] kind.

what are you doing in my swamp?!
Sara[/color]

[size=1][b]Ironically, I never thought AzureWolf was a girl. XD

I really can?t say much more than what James has already said, except this:

MistressRoxie, I will forever worship you. *grovels* She did an amazing job on the OB Family Tree. She put so much effort into it. That thread certainly deserved an award.

Rhian[/size][/b]

[QUOTE=Shy][SIZE=4][b]Newbies[/b][/SIZE]

"For making useless threads to report." -Morpheus[/QUOTE]
Who would have thought I'd get quoted?

All in all, I think this is better than the otaku awards. The Otaku awards were really dominated by Moderators and such and It's nice to see a few not so powerful people make the list.

I'm seriously not trying to be like Sara,
Morpheus.

[QUOTE=Morpheus]Who would have thought I'd get quoted?

All in all, I think this is better than the otaku awards. The Otaku awards were really dominated by Moderators and such and It's nice to see a few not so powerful people make the list.

I'm seriously not trying to be like Sara,
[B]Morpheus[/B].[/QUOTE]

Oh god. I hope that your signature doesn't become a permanent fixture of your posts. Please no. Worst. Trend. Ever. This is especially true of you, since unlike Sara, you just repeat your user name as your signature.

Anyway, I like this event. Although it's somewhat flawed since my name isn't sitting atop the list, it's determined that I'm nifty despite my inactive spell. On a forum it?s often easy to be forgotten within the span of a few months. I'm very pleased indeed.

Bathing in an Irish spring on the blood of those who sign their posts--
Charles

I'm honored to be one of the Nifty Fifty as well. I never got the chance to vote because I kept putting it off and saying I would later. Then the day came that I [i]actually[/i] was going to vote, but noticed it was Feb. 1st. Stupid, stupid me.

Oh, and thanks for choosing Azure's quote out of all of them :P It's not even true XD

... or is it?

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna]A great collection of Nifty people/things and I'm honored to have been deemed possessing Niftyness. :blush: (Haha, that smiley reminds of me Charles for some reason.)

This was a really nice spin on the Otaku Awards and I can't wait to see what Shy gives us next. Great work, everyone involved! ^_^[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Ahh...*sigh* RK wasn't deemed nifty. I had this nasty feeling that it wouldn't...
WAGGH! I was quoted! XD And I think I was the only one who mentioned Otaku Hollow. <<-Didn't bother reading half of the other post nominations.
But it's nice to see that my opinion was quoted. Because when you are (somehow) shown in a Otakumunnity event, you win. ^^[/color][/size]

Wow, I am Nifty! I am really honored to be included in the list. I am also happy to see a couple of my nominations made the list as well as one of my quotes. Thank you Shy and the Nifty Fifty Committee! This really was an interesting community wide event. I am very much looking forward to what you have up your sleeves for the next event. Kudos to Shy and the committee for a great event.

Congratulations to all the nominees and winners!

[color=darkviolet]Wow! I bug people as much on line as I do in real life! Sweet!

It's great to feel...well noticed at least. Or appreciated for making contributions.

Lucky for everyone I can't make a long post since I'm in my mom's office during her working hours. So I'd like to thank those who nominated me and congratulations to everyone else who was nominated and won...or was just nominated.

I promise to shut up more about being the M word.

Chibi Horsewoman[/color]

I'm also very honored to have been included in the Nifty Fifty. Moreover, I'm really impressed by how it all turned out--at first I wasn't sure what to expect, but this is entertaining, funny and a lot more inclusive than the previous incarnation of the yearly awards. It's clear that a lot of work went into compiling the list. Nice job, and a big congratulations to everyone involved. :)

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Lore][color=#ff6600]

This made me laugh out loud. Charlie, you're just [i]too[/i] kind.

what are you doing in my swamp?!
Sara[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Personally I think Heaven's Cloud was long over due to recieve some kind of award or mention. I find HC so inspiring that I have modeled my whole life after him.[/color]

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud][color=indigo'] I find HC so inspiring that I have modeled my whole life after him.[/color][/quote]

I think if I modeled my whole life after this HC character, I might've been arrested at least a few times for variouse mild offenses, as I think some of his habits are illegal even in Jersey City, and I most certainly would've been locked out of the house a long time ago.

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud][color=indigo'] I find HC so inspiring that I have modeled my whole life after him.[/color][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Don't you think you should try harder at being yourself than trying to emulate some crazy person on a message board?

Now CHW, [i]that's[/i] someone to take after. Annoying, yes, but at least she tries to initiate discussions.[/color]

[quote name='Morpheus'] CHW, now there's someone with issues. She starts so many "Are you ____ or ____" threads it makes me want to scream. But, if that's what you want, go for it.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Yeah, but Morpheus like to scream about everything...so we tend not to listen.= D Besides I guess it is what some people want...you don't like it, make one yourself :p[/color]

[color=darkslateblue]Anyways, moving on with the Nifty Fifty. I'm very happy to see the [b]relevant[/b] responses. It makes me feel that I didn't bust my a.ss for nothing.

I've seen some people get upset with the idea of the Nifty Fifty, but that's their problem. Then there are people who are grateful for the results, and that's my reward.

So, I hope to be doing more with Shy..I mean, more OB events with Shy. I had a good time, and I thank everyone who participated and who appreciated the final results.

Oh, HC, I've said it before and I'll say it again: OB Awards.[/color]

Rhian - O_o; ? Cool. I'll probably have some sort of revision towards the end of the school year (annual update?) for all your cool cats that have changed their names/added family members. (I'm uncool, apparently, by my own standards. ...WTF?!?)

anatema - yeah, happened for me too. That was rather strange. o.o

Katana - I nominated Otaku Hollow!! Er.. yeah. It's a great story. Anyone who hasn't read it should either read it, or be shot. I'm really glad DW made the list, btw.

Newbies were chosen? I'm glad. I have always said that a message board is nothing without its newbies. Nothing. I still have that old banner made by Final_Flash (I am teh lucky!) that says "Newbie and DARN proud of it!" because newbies are cool. Hurrah for the newbies! =)

And of course, thank you very very much to CHW. My thread got chosen because of you, and I'm very thankful for that. I didn't even think of nominating my own thread, so thank you very much. And of course, congratulations to your nomination, too. I think you deserve it, no matter what anyone says. ^_^ *huggle*

I'm starting my own awards at the end of the school year. I'm not sure if anyone will like them, so maybe they'll take off... or flop. (1)

Until then, I hope to see you all at the next Otaku event. I'm sure whatever Shy cooks up for us will take delicious. Unless he puts random body parts in it. EWWW!! ><

¡Adios! *tips hat*

(1) Yes, pluggage for something that doesn't exist - wow, I'm conceited =( [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Well I made it on there as both a person and as my comment about Shinmaru, so I guess the hours spent posting and reading wasn't all such a blatant waste. Overall I'd just say that once you find a few people on here that are cool and spend some time posting and replying, the boards and the blogs have a lot more meaning and are much fun. After looking around here for more than a year you pretty much find and stick to the things you like, and those are different for each person. Its almost like some sort of community :)

If I wasn't scared of losing all my precious videogaming time I'd try to talk to some of the people here on IM or something, but for now I can be happy and sit back and be voyeuristic, learn about how much Shin hates phones and bookstores. I'm not sure why, but its not a bad time.

[QUOTE=MistressRoxie]

And of course, thank you very very much to CHW. My thread got chosen because of you, and I'm very thankful for that. I didn't even think of nominating my own thread, so thank you very much. And of course, congratulations to your nomination, too. I think you deserve it, no matter what anyone says. ^_^ *huggle*
[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I think I deserved it too, you have no idea how long it takes to get as [slash]annoying[/slash] creative as I am....oh wait you do! I loved your family tree thread. Because of you I now have an estranged family. I even have a father who is ten years [i]younger[/i] than me! And an estranged husband in the Air Force :animesigh

You definately deserved that nomination, I'm just suprized no one else thought of it.[/color]