Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='Annalisse][color=darkslategray']I've been known for this, and it may drive everyone insane; changing my banners/avatars and myO site theme. I have to do it maybe three times a month XD[/color][/quote]
Ooh, that reminds me. I love changing my avatar--I'd do it just about every other day if I could. I don't know if that qualifies as an addiction, since I can (mostly) restrain my urge to constantly switch images, but what the hey. ;)

~dagger~
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE=M.Ali]You are so rich....
[/QUOTE]

Haha, im not rich...just extremely careless with my money. i spend so much on crap like anime each month that i barely scrape by with rent and bills. not to mention college tuition :eek:
Posted
I'm addicted to smoking. :smoke: :bow:

...and, yeah, coke I suppose. Or adrenaline. I can't control myself in the coming weeks of the annual show, I spend the whole three nights it runs on all the rides. About $600-$700.
Posted
I am addicted to the internet. I feel absolutely awful when the server goes down and I can't get my "fix". I feel like I am missing out on important things like emails and the happenings of the message boards that I visit. I really do think of my internet habit as an addiction. What can I say, I am a junkie.
Posted
Hmmm, I'm probably addicted to any sort of ball. Bouncy balls, in particular, are amazing. It's just great to be able to throw one in a small room and watch it go everywhere. I also have a baseball-sized ball of duct tape, which is surprisingly heavy and good for throwing. Ironically enough, though, I hate baseball. o_O

Another thing is a jumbo-sized wad of green silly putty (would "wad" be the right word?). It's actually rather homeless, since its cheap-*** egg broke. It resides in any clean, concave container I can find, the current one being a crappy clay pot I made in Basic Art.

I think the last thing I could really say I'm addicted to is Homestar Runner. Without a doubt, my older brother and I are the biggest Homestar addicts we know, lol. It's just so damn quotable.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Arial]Chicken Lovers of the world...I agree with you all...it is the only true great meat.

Moving on...I have a couple of addictions at the moment...tests...theres this site i frequent which has all these trivia and "compatiblilty" and personality test...I don't know why, but last month I was going to that site everyday to take tests. Luckily, I have learned to control the urge, and frequent it no longer.

I also have this thing with bags. Yes, yes, I know it sounds strange, but for some unknown reason, I happen to love them. Small ones, big ones, multi-pocketed ones, single pocketed ones...I have a fixation with them. Love collecting them from different places, I have over 20 different ones in my collection at the moment, all filled with some item or another. (and by bags, I mean like backpacks, knapsacks, rucksacks, and the like)

Gap clothing. It is such a pain in the butt not to buy clothes from the place you work at when a) it looks so freakin great, and b) you get mad (and I mean mad!) discounts.

Ahh...and finallly, I am very much addicted to spiced cider. I must have a "fix" of it every morning, or I feel lethargic and sleepy. I don't know why, but something about that apple-cinnamony sugar rush is excellent.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[b]Wow... either a lot of people are holding back the truth about their addictions, or the OB members are the cleanest group I've ever encountered... ha ha! Now I feel like the dirty addict on the middle school health videos... tee hee...[/b]

[b]Okay... I'm not going to be entirely honest on this post, simply because there are minors on the boards, and I don't think it would be a good idea to openly discuss drug use where they can read all about it...but I suppose I can list a few of the more innocent addictions... well, at least, [i]legal[/i] addictions...[/b]

[b]I'm addicted to learning- I seriously don't think my craving for knowledge will ever be satisfied.[/b]

[b]I'm addicted to cigarettes- the horrible nasty things! [i]Blech![/i][/b]
[b][/b]
[b]Music, of course! I can't go for more than a day without picking up some kind of instrument or singing.[/b]

[b]My nunchucks.[/b]

[b]Adult Swim.[/b]

[b]Those are my current addictions... the legal ones, anyhow...[/b]
Posted
This is an easy question for me, Inuyasha! And also my computer, (Hugs computer!) and my music, I can't live without those things! Inuyasha goes at the top of my list though!
Posted
[QUOTE=Annalisse][color=darkslategray]First off: Chicken is the only meat.

Now that's out of the way, I thought of one more thing. I don't know if you'd call it an addiction (I find it is). I've been known for this, and it may drive everyone insane; changing my banners/avatars and myO site theme. I have to do it maybe three times a month XD

My friends are always yelling at me to stop. I can't though, it's just something I do.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I have the same problem. I want to change my banners right now, but my sister (Darksbane) keeps telling me "You gave John two weeks, George needs his fair time!" I only have to wait until Sunday...must hold on...want to change everything now...

I'm addicted to music, in general, and the Beatles, in particular. I have two streaming radio sites bookmarked, and a 100+ song playlist dedicated to them. If I had money, I would have every single cd and record ever created by them...

Then we also have the "Playlist of Doom"...over twenty hours long and rising...

I also seem to have an unfortunate tendency to buy a new notebook any time my old one gets a third of the way full...I love brand new notebooks.[/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]
1.) Mayonaisse - It's my favorite food!
2.) Basketball - It's my favorite sport!
3.) My laptop - I don't go anywhere, except school, without it.
4.) Xbox Live - I would die without it.
[/size]
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[b]I forgot about video games! How in the hell did I forget that? Probably because they are so much a part of my life that I forgot to consider them as an addiction...[/b]

[b]I've got like 4 or 5 systems... not including the computer... and I play them all. I'm constantly hooking this one up, then unplugging it and hooking up another one.[/b]

[b][b]And another huge addiction-- FILM. I love movies... I watch [i]at least[/i] 2/night as I try to force myself to sleep.[/b]

[b]I get in trouble all the time because of the stacks of videogames and films that are laying about-- and [/b][/b][b]I get harrassed about how much $$ I spend on them.[/b]

[b][size=2]Edit: Another one-- asking questions. I love to ask questions... even of myself.[/size][/b]
Posted
[Color=DarkBlue][Size=1]Dirty cocain sold by the shady white guy on the street corner is not something I'm addicted to.

Actually, I'm a simple man.

1) I am addicted to Music. I listen it to it whenever I can, including in class. I have been told so many times to take my headphones out, but I just put 'em back in. I rarely get on the computer and not put on something.

2) I am addicted to the Internet. I have been told countless times I spend to much time on it, but I don't care. The Internet is a good release point of stress, and I take advanatge of it.

3) I am addicted to.... Well, maybe that one's best not said.

Anywho, I must say the Chicken Rocks.

Oh and soda. Soda is the fizzly goodness that keeps the JJ sane! *cough*

[QUOTE]And another huge addiction-- FILM. I love movies... I watch at least 2/night as I try to force myself to sleep.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a TV that I could legally do that on.[/size][/color]
Posted
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]
1) Soda: Coke or Pepsi, depending on if Ice is available, and/or what kinda mood I'm in, though USUALLY coke.

2)Change. I'm addicted to changing my stuff around. I've got a setup with Style-XP that changes my Bakcground every day/every time i login to my laptop. I change the color scheme of RPGs and other vid-games i play constantly.
I usually try to make a background, or mess around with something in photoshop, trying to make a new Sig/Background/Avatar.

3)Driving. I love driving. 'Nuff said. It's my portable Boombox made by Buick.

4)Music. I'm totally addicted to music. I've a 20-gig Archos which is completely full with MP3s (exact count is 5,073). I have a "freakin' Everything!" playlist which plays all [I]10 days+14:13:26[/I] of music.
At one time, I had a playlist that played only my favorite songs (roughly only 2,000 of them.) Unfortunately, a new MP3-management program renamed many, and de-tagged more than half of them all.
In high school, I was in several choruses, county, state, country orchestra, both school orchestras, and helped out with band and musicals.
I listen to music every night, just trying to get to sleep, and have different playlists for driving, gaming, ambience, moods, etc.

Well, that's it for me. To me, alcoholic drinks taste wicked-bitter (doesn't matter what it is, from beer to margarita), and anything i smoke will trigger an accute asthma attack which'd kill me regardless of how soon i get medical attention.
I think the few addictions i've got are fairly benign...lol[/color][/font]
Posted
I am Addicted to Myspace.com I spend way to much time there. another one is eopoint.com. man i need to learn a lesson my getting rid of the intenet or something.

Anyway I am also addicted to Tazo Passion tea. soo good.

Music is another big addiction that i cant stay away from.

Anime somewhat I love it but to say it is an addiction is wrong cause it is something i need. I dont just get it cause im addicted.
Guest Crimson Spider
Posted
I'm addicted to videogames, uncontested in rank. I start to go crazy if I go to long with out them. I will forgo doing chores or homework until the last minute, and when I say "Last minute", I mean at 3:00 A.M.. when I have to turn in the Rough Draft of a 7-page paper kinda last minute.


:twitch: But no I don't think I got a problem. :twitch: What makes you think I got a problem? :twitch: Huh? :nervous: HUH?!!!
Posted
[QUOTE]I mean at 3:00 A.M.. when I have to turn in the Rough Draft of a 7-page paper kinda last minute.[/QUOTE]
[color=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]i do the same exact thing... 'long as i can do a page / minute, i'm good...[/FONT][/color] :animeswea
Posted
I'm addicted to watching anime, buying anime, touching anime :D XD

[COLOR=DarkRed]Edit: Please explain why you are addicted to these items. What is it about anime that you love so much? Please elaborate. Thanks! -Panda[/COLOR]
Posted
Cigarettes...wait, no! I beat the system and I quit! haha, i was so proud. Besides that, I am addicted to Video Games, my computer, movies, and...of course, Mogs

By the way, it took me about a month to quit the "ciggies". If anyone is trying to quit, just PM me and I'll help ya out
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I'm addicted to Gyoza. Man, I shovel those things whenever I can get my hands on some.

Recently, I've been addicted to old school NES games like Kirby. They had solid games back then.

I'm also addicted to my computer. I can burn hours making little adjustments to my system.[/COLOR]
Guest Alchemist
Posted
[QUOTE=drive_monster][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I'm addicted to Gyoza. Man, I shovel those things whenever I can get my hands on some.

Recently, I've been addicted to old school NES games like Kirby. They had solid games back then.

I'm also addicted to my computer. I can burn hours making little adjustments to my system.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
funny I remember a certain someone getting inebriated from an addiction to too much ramunei soda at Anime USA
Posted
[font=Garamond][color=SeaGreen]My, oh my, addictions...

I am utterly addicted to techno music. Prodigy, especially, and a lot of unsigned names as well. Addicted to MC's, as in Frontalot and chris. Fufu Berry Jones Soda, Fruity Loops, Tarantino films, Arrested Development, nadsat speak, communications fraud, girls, the intarwebs, zines, and such.

More to come?[/color][/font]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Addicted... hmm....

[B]The computer (in general)[/B]
- Photoshop CS
- Trillian
- Internet
- Windows Media Player
[B]Manga
Hanging out with friends
No School
Root Beer
Good Burritos[/B]

Th--th--th---th--th--that's all folks! (cheesey retro music)[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=darkslateblue] Sleeping. Ah. The bliss of soft pillows...warm sheets...no worries...comfy mattress... ;_; It's so good it hurts. The sad thing is that I'd rather spend a day sleeping then hang out with friends. No kidding. An actual conversation:

Friend: Wanna hang out with us at the park?

Me: ummmmmmmmm... *looks at bed. looks outside. looks at bed* I'm busy.

Friend: What are you doing?

Me: I'm uh...doing some work for my mom...

Friend: *silence* Ok, fine.

I slept for the rest of the day.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...