OtakuBoards

What are you 'addicted' to?

ChibiHorsewoman

I am a smoker so i have to say im unfortunately addicted to that.. i realy dont like being addicted to something so gross.... When yu live in a town like I live in, it becomes a hobby..

Another addiction is Chocolate milk. I can't live without C-milk. It's the best drink on this planet.

I also am addicted to my computer. It has everything i need. Internet, TV, Movies, Music, MSN, everything. lol what more can i ask.. im waiting for the day i can order a piece of gum and have it transferred through my DVD rom drive=P

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sweetangeldevil
Hey what I am addicted to is of course the family computer, I am the most one thet uses it every single day. Um.... the television at 10:00 I see adultswin, which is pretty cool. The last thing of course is anime, mostly Inuyasha i collect pictures of inuyasha! Do you think I am a freak, well am no. Okay? :animesigh :animeswea :animeblus :animeshy:

[COLOR=DarkGreen]I have, and always will be, been addicted to Anime conventions! Woot! Becaus I love to visit my con friends and cosplay and all that good stuff.

Being the anime fanatic that I am, I try to hitch rides and rooms to every single convention that goes on here in Texas, but I only really attend about three conventions a year.

Then, I guess I'm also addicted to message boards... not really this one because I don't post a lot here and don't know many people, which is my fault in the first place, but I do keep myotaku journal updated all the time. ^.^[/COLOR]

I'm addicted to buying manga, the buying is almost as satisfying as the story itself. I'm so addicted, Mom has threatened to cut off my supply more than once.
I'm also addicted to webcomics and flash cartoons. They're probably the highlight of my day!
And of course, I can't get enough of those freebies that come along with the anime sometimes. I'll go out and buy an anime that I absolutely hate just because of some limited edition plushie that comes with it. My preeeecioussssssseeeeessssssss.....

[color=darkred]One simple compound word{FunDip}....oh the joy of my fun dip...if you all don't know it's a candy. Powdered flavor candy with a candy stick to dip in and eat it after your done...so ymmy...I've even searched my sofa and dresser draws to find change and go to the store to buy some.[/color]

Fun dip the thing closes to that which I've tried is sherbert.
Its this fizzy sugary type thingy and you get a liquorice stick that you lick and then dip in sherbert....hmm thats put me in the mood for one now...stupid school having lunch so late in the day! :(

• 3 months later...
Guest kagome7193
i am addicted to inuyasha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant stop thinking about inuyasha! i kno every character and the theme songs i even memorized every heart in japanese. i kno what episodes the songs are on! [every heart-eps:27-42] ive seen all the movies i can draw all of them i started my own inuyasha comic i have inuyasha posters all over my room im being kagome for halloween i mix up my cat with buyo[kagomes cat] i have 9 of the mangas and i have read all of them 5 times i filled 2 1/2 books of inuyasha drawings ive watched th 1st movie twice [only cuz i just got it] and im gonna watch it again today ive watched the second one 8 times and im not sick of it i have the 3rd one reserved cuz its not in the store near me yet. im gettin the game. im like completely broke cuz i spent all my money imnuyasha stuff[i have more to say but i kindsa need to breath]

Edit : i have a poster that says 'ur my hanyou inuyasha

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1]I'm sorry kagome7193, but double posting is not allowed here on OtakuBoards. If you'd like tp expand on your post please use the edit button to add in whatever you'd like to add in. I advise you read the rules on concerning double posting, and if you're left with anymore questions feel free to PM myself or any other moderators. - Stuart[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Lately I've become addicted to buying every color chuck taylors,red bull and hand bags.

chuck taylors their so comfortable to dance and run in. and they go with every and anything! ;)

I first had red bull at my senior party of this year. and once I gulped it down i could stop!!! I had 4 cans in one night. I didnt get sleep for 2 nights. but it really is a good drink to wake you up in the morning. it's teen coffee!

well i buy hand bags for some what of the same reason as why I buy chucks. I try to put together my own style.

[SIZE=1]I posted in this thread before, but in the last week I'm after getting addicted to the multiplayer portion of [B]Episode III: Revenge of the Sith[/B]. The game itself is alright, though the graphics are nowhere near as polished as they might be, at times they're downright ugly and the voice-overs are at best a good attempt to sound like the person they're mimicking. The game itself lacks a huge amount of polish and work that might have made it a great game/movie tie-in, only by playing it will you actually get what I'm saying but the multiplayer to me made it worth the weeks rental.

The multiplayer, though more specifically the [I]Versus Mode[/I] is simply the ability to use two characters from the game out of an eight or nine character line out and duke it out with lightsabers and Force powers. The battle environments are specifics areas from the game that are unlocked like the characters through progression, using the Force you can literally tear off parts of the environments and hurl them at your enemy or failing that hurl them at those destructible parts. The lightsaber combat in this case is more polished and fluidic than say the [B]Jedi Knight[/B] series but that's down the fact it's limited to lightsabers only.

The lightsaber combat can be frustrating given the fact that sometimes moves won?t work properly or your blocking move won?t work or some other glitches but most of the time it?s a heck of a lot of fun. Playing with another person is better than against an AI character who even on Hard is surprisingly easy to beat given enough experience, my brother is a Dooku user and has a terribly annoying habit of strafing to avoid my Darth Vader?s unmercifully strong blows and then hitting back with mild ferocity, but it all adds up.

I had the game damn near 100% beaten, including secrets and full experience in under a day but playing the multiplayer is the golden part of the game, even if there?s not a huge difference between characters.[/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms]Lately, I've become addicted to coffee.

I just got into it, coffee used to disgust me until like a month ago. I don't know what changed, but I just suddenly like it, I think that's how everyone gets into it that way.

I just feel like I've been missing out in the mornings all my life. When I don't have my coffee before school, I just can't function. But I like it. The only things I don't like about it are the very audible stomach noises and and the mid-day crash, usually right after fencing practice is over.

Oh well, that's why it's an addiction.[/font]

I have this habit of watching an episode of any anime during breakfast in the mornings and if i cannot watch it i feel as if the day has not started and it does not matter if the anime is something i have already watched or not.

Also i am addicted to tea and coffee, if i cannot drink tea right after the dinner i cannot sleep as i feel as if i can not digest any of the food i eat.

Of course, internet.. if i pass even a day without looking at my mails or opening msn messenger i basically suffer. :animesigh

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think I'm getting addicted to tennis videogames. My brother rented Virtua Tennis 2 a few days ago and despite its age, it's incredibly addictive. It reminds me of Tennis on Game Boy, which had to be routinely peeled from my hands.

My brother and I have been playing it so much that we've decided to start [i]actually[/i] playing tennis regularly. [/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Red]Please remember to list why you are addicted to the items you list. I have posted several, I believe [b]seven[/b] times in this thread about the post quality. Make sure you add to the conversation by explaining your answers and not just giving us a list of different items. This will be my [u]last warning in this thread[/u]. If the post quality does not improve, I will have to lock it. Overall many of the responses have been excellent, but poor quality seems attracted to this thread. :animecry: [/COLOR]

On topic: In addition to my other posts listing the items I am addicted too as well as why I am so attracted to said items... I would have to say I am addicted to the the Final Fantasy games. I have just been going through a run of playing all the old games again. Currently I am on disk 2 of FF9. I love that game, the characters are so cute!

I guess anyone who is addicted to games can understand how it is when you get the bug to play something. It's hard to put down and before you know it hours have passed you by. Speaking of which, I think I better to fire up the ol' Playstation and get going again.

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]I totally agree with you Panda about FF9, It is one of my favorites.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred] Anyways things I am addicted to. First I will say coffee, the aroma and taste, plus it gets you going like nothing else lol. Lol next I'm addicted to Ammaretto(sp?) flavoring to put in my coffee, it adds a sweet cherry like smell and flavor thats as goof as heaven. I am addicted to Video games, mainly RPG's I could play them for days, Literally. The story and character are just awesome in most of them and its nice to just get away from the real world. I'm also addicted to anime for the same reasons as video games. And I also have an addiction to clothes, and my newest shoes. Clothes I just love the variety of ways you can express yourself. Same goes for shoes too, it doesn't help that I work in a shoe store either. One last thing is music, you need a soundtrack to your life right.[/color][/size][/font]

I'm addicted to food (I don't eat to live I live to eat ) :D specially chocolates and coffee* shakes hands with shadowofdeath13* then music and mystry novels and anime.

[color=darkred]I'm addicted to tea. I can't/won't start the day without a cup. Even if I'm running late for whatever event, I'll always squeeze in time for a cup of tea. I have to have a cup before I sleep as well, not because it helps me sleep (duh), but just for piece of mind. In between these two cups of tea, I'd have about three throughout the day. It's never a bad time for tea, I mean, it's my favourite summer, winter, autumn and spring drink.[/color]

Guest Dream_402
I am addicted to anime ,manga,and bodey pircings. I am a sucker for good artwork thats why I am so addicted to magnas and enything simler to thim. body pircings I think are just plan cool. :drool:

I'm addicted to bones. Old animal bones. The kind you pull out of rivers. I went to the same river twice in one week because I found a small (very small) mound of bison teeth. And an astragalus...and half a tibia...I love bones. Not in a creepy way. I just like the architecture of them and the fact that this leg bone once carried a real animal through its life. You know? These teeth have been in the mouth of an animal that once lived...thousands of years ago. I have a cave bear jaw from Romania that cost me $250. That took a toll on the checkbook. I'm looking for a real human skull now. Not in a creepy murderous way. More in the way of an anthropological study. I like bones.

I also like furs. Now before you scalp me and declare it fur, let me finish. I like sheep skins and rabbit skins. The rabbits are so soft and the sheep make good mats to nap on.

I also like spiked objects. Could be anything. Right now I have a bracer on with a row of inch-long spikes and two rows of half-inch spikes. I have a club with inch-and-a-half spikes imbedded in the end at home.

I scare myself.

Well, Chocolate, stealing anime and manga from my ex, and chopsticks

I'm not joking... within the last week, I have bought six new pairs of chopsticks

Chocolate makes me happy, and stealing the manga and stuff from my ex makes him mad, and gives me something new and interesting to read/watch... just killing two birds with one stone ^_^

I still haven't quite figured out the chopsticks thing yet...

Well besides my usual love for anime, manga and video games. I just love to read. I love going to the library and getting lots of new science fiction and fantasy books to read. I also love to go hiking up in the mountains. I could do that everyday given the chance. ^_^